PDA

View Full Version : PM Box Full?

Andro
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Hello everyone :)

It's not uncommon for people here trying to PM each other, only to find out that the PM Box of the intended recipient(s) is already full.

Here are a few suggested ways to avoid or circumvent this:

1. Everyone can make sure every once in a while that their PM Box has some space left.

You can simply delete messages you don't wish to keep.

I personally do a cleanup every few weeks or so.

Regarding messages you DO wish to keep, there are a few backup options on the forum, which you will find if you scroll down to the 'Selected Messages' box at the bottom of your Message Folder page(s).

There is also the possibility to simply copy & paste & save them to a Word Document on your computer, before deleting them from your Inbox on Alchemy Forums.

The same applies to both your message folders, 'Inbox' and 'Sent Items'.

2. If the PM Box of the intended recipient is full, you can go to his/her profile page and post a Visitor Message for them, either to leave your PM there or just to let them know that you wish to PM them but their Inbox is full.

The recipient will be notified about the Visitor Message the same way as a regular PM.

The recipient needs to first approve your Visitor Message before anyone else can see it, so he/she can choose to either approve it (in which case everyone will be able to see it) or simply delete it and get back to you in PM.

3. There is also the email option via the Forum's email interface, if the intended recipient has this option enabled in his/her personal settings.

We are having 'Full Inbox' related issues every now and then, so I hope this helps.

For any technical questions, please feel free to PM one of the moderators.

Awani
05-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Just for the record a member that has posted more than 25 posts can have 50 stored messages, and donated members have 250.

Perhaps these numbers can be modified in the future if there is a need for it. But messages take up space on the server so there has to be limits (from what I understand).

:cool:

* Keep in mind that you need 25 posts before you can PM anybody!
See: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/announcement.php?f=5&a=3

crestind
08-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Someone PMed me... I cleared my inbox.