PDA

View Full Version : Trying to unlock a door

moew27
03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Over time I have tried to study alchemy on my own. I have read a books I found on my mothers book shelf. One called The Story of Alchemy and the Beginnings of Chemistry, by M. M. Pattison Muir. It was an interesting history of the beginnings of chemistry. It went through the steps of an alchemical reaction, but still I felt there must be much more to alchemy than what was in this book. I do not mean about "changing lead to gold". I mean a deeper meaning.

Another book from off my mother's shelf, The Secret Teachings of All Ages, by Manley Palmer Hall, gave much more of the symbolic meanings of alchemy, but it left me feeling lost. It was as if a locked door, whose key had been lost long ago, had been put before me. Behind the door was the mansion housing answers to the questions I had and even to questions I had not yet even considered.

Recently, I have been really enjoying classic literature. To increase my knowledge of each of the books I subscribed to online courses about the books to learn about them on a deeper level. Who knew this was how I would begin to make sense of, not just the classical books, but also the Muir and Hall books. It also made me understand how little I knew or understood about alchemy. Alchemy is all around us. We just have to learn to recognize it.

I am here to learn to recognize and understand alchemy on many different levels. It will be nice to have others to discuss thoughts, ideas and help clear up confusion.

Awani
05-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the forums!

:cool:

Andro
05-22-2012, 11:41 PM
Alchemy is all around us. We just have to learn to recognize it.

How very true IMO!

I am here to learn to recognize and understand alchemy on many different levels. It will be nice to have others to discuss thoughts, ideas and help clear up confusion.

This place here indeed deals with a multitude of aspects concerning Alchemy, not just the 'laboratory' aspect(s). I hope you will feel at home here!
--------------------------------------

Welcome to Alchemy Forums!

solomon levi
05-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Welcome moew27!

The item from Secret Teachings of all Ages on sea salt is a decent start/hint IMO.
If one can make sea salt volatile, it's something. :)

moew27
10-25-2012, 09:05 PM
I am sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I have been using this forum to look up answers to my questions that had already been asked. Since they had been asked my questions were quickly answered. (Well, answered to the point where I was able to re-read the books and then get it. )

There is so much information here. Lots of very intelligent people. I am going to start at the basics members have been kind enough to post and then move on from there.

Thanks for all of your posts! They are being read, absorbed, and really appreciated!

moew27
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome moew27!

The item from Secret Teachings of all Ages on sea salt is a decent start/hint IMO.
If one can make sea salt volatile, it's something. :)

Great! I will, indeed, work on that! Thanks for the suggestion.

Krisztian
10-28-2012, 08:13 PM
It went through the steps of an alchemical reaction, but still I felt there must be much more to alchemy than what was in this book. I do not mean about "changing lead to gold". I mean a deeper meaning.

Recently, I have been really enjoying classic literature. To increase my knowledge of each of the books I subscribed to online courses about the books to learn about them on a deeper level. Who knew this was how I would begin to make sense of, not just the classical books, but also the Muir and Hall books. It also made me understand how little I knew or understood about alchemy. Alchemy is all around us. We just have to learn to recognize it.

The initiation(s) that progressively come on our path, do open doors that books can't. I do like your comment about alchemy being "all around us". It is, as it should be, I mean, alchemy, a very intimate and private journey.

Thanks for your candid comments. . . . Welcome moew27!