PDA

View Full Version : Native minds

Awani
05-24-2012, 09:40 PM
“We have been warned from Ancient Prophecies of these times we live in today, but have also been given a very important message about a solution to turn these terrible times around. In our Prophecies it is told that we are now at the crossroads. Either unite spiritually as a Global Nation, or be faced with chaos, disasters, diseases, and tears from our relatives' eyes. We are the only species that is destroying the Source of Life, Mother Earth, in the name of power, mineral resources, and ownership of land, using chemicals and methods of warfare that are doing irreversible damage. Mother Earth is becoming tired and cannot sustain any more impacts of war. This new millennium will usher in an age of harmony or it will bring the end of life, as we know it. To us, as caretakers of the heart of Mother Earth, falls the responsibility of turning back the powers of destruction.”

-Chief Arvol Looking Horse

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee Proverb

All who have died are equal. - Comanche Proverb

If a man is as wise as a serpent, he can afford to be as harmless as a dove. - Cheyenne Proverb

:cool:

solomon levi
05-25-2012, 02:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9a70fz6420&feature=player_embedded

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.

Chief Seattle, 1854

Krisztian
05-25-2012, 04:06 AM
I'm glad to see such wonderous quotes from our aboriginal brothers, or here in Canada referred to as, First Nations People. The sad reality is, that a large number of the Native population appears to be on the path of absolute self-destruction! I regularly work with Natives who struggle with severe alcoholism, and in remote parts of the Great North, there're communities that are hard to fathom, in terms of their unhealthy ways (i.e., sexual abuse, violance, suicide, severe trauma, etc.).

Some city-folks, removed from such reality, without saying any disrespect, wouldn't believe their eyes at the level of self-destruction! (I didn't, before I moved to the North.) The new generation of Native are disinterested in the Old Ways (i.e., living off the land, etc.). It's absolutely horrible what's happening to our aboriginal brothers and sisters.

solomon levi
09-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Robbie Robertson - Ghost Dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N-hCr8bgiY&feature=related

"You don't stand a chance against my prayers.
You don't stand a chance against my love."

Awani
11-12-2012, 01:29 AM
"The death of fear is in doing what you fear to do." - Sequichie Comingdeer

"Nuclear waste is a heavy burden to lay on our children and
their children and their children's children and their
children's children's children and their
children's children's children's children..." - Rufina M. Laws

I also found this:

The Indian Ten Commandments

Treat the Earth and all that dwell therein with respect

Remain close to the Great Spirit

Show great respect for your fellow beings

Work together for the benefit of all Mankind

Give assistance and kindness wherever needed

Do what you know to be right

Look after the well-being of Mind and Body

Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater Good

Be truthful and honest at all times

Take full responsibility for your actions
- source (http://www.sapphyr.net/natam/indian.htm)

I don't know if its official commandments or what, but I like them regardless. Much better than what Moses cooked up, IMO.

Orbital
11-13-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm glad to see such wonderous quotes from our aboriginal brothers, or here in Canada referred to as, First Nations People. The sad reality is, that a large number of the Native population appears to be on the path of absolute self-destruction! I regularly work with Natives who struggle with severe alcoholism, and in remote parts of the Great North, there're communities that are hard to fathom, in terms of their unhealthy ways (i.e., sexual abuse, violance, suicide, severe trauma, etc.).

Some city-folks, removed from such reality, without saying any disrespect, wouldn't believe their eyes at the level of self-destruction! (I didn't, before I moved to the North.) The new generation of Native are disinterested in the Old Ways (i.e., living off the land, etc.). It's absolutely horrible what's happening to our aboriginal brothers and sisters.

The native people are not the only ones on a path of self-destruction. The whole world is on this path. We have all been conned, corrupted, and conditioned. WAKE UP! These aborignal people you refer to are on the same path that people the world-over are on. Have pity for these people that have been raped with the sword and beat down with the cross. They are victims like you and I.

Awani
11-13-2012, 01:09 AM
Very true... although we must blame ourselves. Only the willingly enslaved becomes a slave... otherwise it would have been impossible to enslave the whole world. I expound a little on this idea in the thread: your fault (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1559-Your-fault!)

"The Great Spirit gave you two ears and only one mouth, so you can talk half as much as you listen." - unknown tribe

Andro
12-31-2012, 09:55 PM
The Indian Ten Commandments

Treat the Earth and all that dwell therein with respect
Remain close to the Great Spirit
Show great respect for your fellow beings
Work together for the benefit of all Mankind
Give assistance and kindness wherever needed
Do what you know to be right
Look after the well-being of Mind and Body
Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater Good
Be truthful and honest at all times
Take full responsibility for your actions

But what if it sometimes happens that commandment No. 6 is in direct contradiction with one or more of the others :confused: ...

Awani
03-07-2015, 10:11 AM
But what if it sometimes happens that commandment No. 6 is in direct contradiction with one or more of the others :confused: ...

See the last commandment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“When you were born,
you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so that when you die,
the world cries and you rejoice.” - Cherokee Proverb

Ghislain
03-07-2015, 01:11 PM
Very true... although we must blame ourselves. Only the willingly enslaved becomes a slave... otherwise it would have been impossible to enslave the whole world.

I wonder about this as I ask people if they would like the power to vote on all issues that Parliament discuss within the House of Commons; taking control, self governing. I believe they are scared of responsibility, and that can be used against them.

We, the majority, just sit back and let life happen to us instead of living it for ourselves; we settle for less than we desire for fear of failure and/or embarrassment.

Perhaps admitting our weakness would be the beginning of a better world, for how can we overcome our weaknesses if we deny them.

I'm a lazy coward, now let me see what I can do about that!

Ghislain