PDA

View Full Version : Heroes journey type alchemy?

Electric Wizard
05-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Say for example I wanted my own approach to alchemy in the form of of the heroic fantasy stories, would it be possible to work with that as an alchemical paradigm?

I have a lot of imaginative ADHD in me and I feel like leaving in room for fantastical pathworkings might aid my development.

Seeker of Truth
05-26-2012, 12:15 AM
This is what I read worded differently :-)
The question always answers itself - (:IMhB/IMhO:)
Hope it helps :-)

"Say for example I wanted my own approach to alchemy in the form of of the heroic fantasy stories, would it be possible to work with that as an alchemical paradigm?"

"I have a lot of imaginative ADHD in me and I feel like leaving in room for fantastical pathworkings might aid my development."

I have my own approach to Alchemy in the form of Heroic Fantasy Stories, it is Possible for me to work with this as a new alchemical paradigm.

I have/am alot of Imagination, and I trust myself to know that whatever I do will aid my alchemichal development. This enables me to be in the truest sense of being.

I seek Truth and Love as all beings of being do

Within me lies the answers to all my questions and I trust that they are given in perfect reality by perfection of now:-)

Clear eyes by grace of Truth
Full hearts by grace of Love
Always be - Be always

solomon levi
05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Say for example I wanted my own approach to alchemy in the form of of the heroic fantasy stories, would it be possible to work with that as an alchemical paradigm?

I have a lot of imaginative ADHD in me and I feel like leaving in room for fantastical pathworkings might aid my development.

Absolutely. Many alchemist use such myths to describe their work. Look at the labors of Hercules
or the many versions of knights slaying a dragon, or the quest for the holy grail, etc.

Krisztian
05-26-2012, 01:04 PM

What comes to mind for me, Electric Wizard, is American mythologist Joseph Campbell and his The Hero with a Thousand Faces. In my profession (viz., psychotherapy), I use Campbell's outline, constructed by studying mythologies around the world, to map out the spiritual journey the client is having.

In Adam McLean's Hermetic Journal (1978-1992) you'll find references to the alchemical process, I have at hand several of his illustrations that you'll locate on page 187 of 2421, under the title "The Birds in Alchemy".

Krisztian
05-26-2012, 01:12 PM
When I was working with dew, I kept having visions, etc., for example, kept seeing in cloud-formations these birds that McLean discusses as various stages (i.e., negredo/black crow, etc.) in alchemy. Mother Nature was communicating with me, as to where I am, and what I need to do. You'll find back issues of Hermetic Journal on his website: http://www.alchemywebsite.com/bookshop/CD-Roms.html

Just listen to yourself as to where your focus leads you; after all, we're all our own hero.