PDA

View Full Version : The Stone and Autism

lifetime seeker
05-29-2012, 03:37 AM
Would like to begin a thread regarding any health benefits regarding the link between the Brain and Autism, which the Stone, may be believed or even hoped to remedy.

Thanks everyone
God Bless

otove
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
I can't comment on 'the stone', but from a spiritual perspective, I would suggest the Health or Mental Hygiene benefits are the same for everyone. Personally speaking meditation, mindfulness and creative visualisation improve my life immeasurably!

It also depends what you mean by Health benefits.

Otove

ALC93
06-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Would like to begin a thread regarding any health benefits regarding the link between the Brain and Autism, which the Stone, may be believed or even hoped to remedy.

What authors espouse that Autism may be remedied by the Philosopher's Stone? My understanding is that the diagnosis of Autism has only recently been recognized by Western Medicine and Psychology.

A mainstream science perspective suggests that Autism-spectrum disorders are tied to the development of the brain itself, and that they are the result of many accumulated decisions to structure the brain's neural pathways and growth. Nor is "Autism" one type of altered structures and growth, and DSM-V, the soon to be released next generation manual of mental disorders, will be splitting up Autism into a number of categories.

In terms of alleviating some of the "symptoms" of Autism (so called), there has been some success in increasing the well known inability to pick up on social cues by stimulating the mirror neurons in Autistic spectrum individuals. Fairly good results too, a little more than 1 standard deviation of change (based on some measure, I forget what).

I've met highly functioning Autistic persons who have an interest in magick and mysticism, and do improve their lives and receive spiritual results through occult work. In that vein, I'd expect that persons with Autism would probably get something out of Alchemy! I can't see Alchemical work serving as a "remedy" for an Autistic condition though.

lifetime seeker
06-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Hello,

Thx for the responses so far.

Otove, a cure I suppose. I know some persons might suggest Autistics need no cure but I wonder if they say that upon knowing one?

ALC93, yes a cure is wishful thinking of course, but sometimes the Stone feels like, 'wishful thinking'...
but there does seem to be many external factors which help with social perception or cues.
As for, "the result of many accumulated decisions to structure the brain's neural pathways and growth",
How does this come into play with young children, whose mind is attempting to develop.

There is a friend whose young child is PDD-NOS, and though he is fortunate to be on the high end of ASD, knowing this
child closely reveals the challange which lays ahead in his life. With early attention the symptoms are lessening and hopefully
this trend will continue, otherwise it can be seen easily how children like this could be left behind.

Following Alchemy and the pursuit of the stone, my heart can't help but wish a blessing for this boy and ultimately for all whose
mind has been effected by this puzzling disorder.

"a thought within a dream"

ALC93
06-01-2012, 05:39 AM
I know some persons might suggest Autistics need no cure but I wonder if they say that upon knowing one?

I admit that there is a very strong desire to give persons with Autistic spectrum disorders the ability to live and understand in the same world that we do. Having seen many Autistic people though, I can't help but continue wondering though whether or not the problem is the "autism," or whether the problem is that the space we have created in the world is very different than the space they are able to live in. In other words, the space we live in, and the ways in which we want to have relationships with others and the worlds, somehow doesn't accommodate persons who come to the world in a very different way.

Of course, very low functioning persons with autism are also likely mentally retarded, and this type of condition isn't just autism.

ALC93, yes a cure is wishful thinking of course, but sometimes the Stone feels like, 'wishful thinking'...
but there does seem to be many external factors which help with social perception or cues.
As for, "the result of many accumulated decisions to structure the brain's neural pathways and growth",
How does this come into play with young children, whose mind is attempting to develop.

Generally, the brain development corresponding to autism begins to develop in the neonate. During childhood, the brain goes through a number of synaptic pruning processes that continue the generation of autistic structures. The best evidence I am aware of points to the condition as being primarily genetic.

There is much more ability to teach autistic children to understand social conventions and cues than adults. Children with autism should be supported by environments and persons with experience working with autistic individuals, because it will help them understand and be able to relate to our world with greater ease.

There is a friend whose young child is PDD-NOS, and though he is fortunate to be on the high end of ASD, knowing this
child closely reveals the challange which lays ahead in his life. With early attention the symptoms are lessening and hopefully
this trend will continue, otherwise it can be seen easily how children like this could be left behind.

Following Alchemy and the pursuit of the stone, my heart can't help but wish a blessing for this boy and ultimately for all whose
mind has been effected by this puzzling disorder.

"a thought within a dream"

I can deeply sympathize with your sense that the child you know is in for many difficulties that many people will not have. I hope he does receive as much help and support as possible.

Perhaps alchemy can help discover the best way to help him?

LostGnosticOccultum
11-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I've met highly functioning Autistic persons who have an interest in magick and mysticism, and do improve their lives and receive spiritual results through occult work. In that vein, I'd expect that persons with Autism would probably get something out of Alchemy! I can't see Alchemical work serving as a "remedy" for an Autistic condition though.
I've not found a remedy for my HFA yet in alchemy however meditation and spiritual alchemy do seem to help.
I don't normally advertise the fact that I have HFA, as it is usually irrelevant, however I find it appropriate in the context of this thread. I have a mild form of HFA but nonetheless it is still aggravating not being able to understand what people mean when they use jargon/slang and when they try to veil their intentions or code the meanings of a phrase or statement. This leads to confusion and disappointment. I am an intelligent individual but I feel inadequate and just stupid when I talk to people because they confuse me.
I have begun to think that there is no "cure" for HFA but then I could also say that I almost believe that GOD is telling me.I need no "cure," but who knows time will tell.
On the regard of those like me who have turned to Alchemy and other forms of occultism to "fix" their mental "disabilities," I didn't turn to the occult to find a cure although it seems that I had begun to after a while of studying.
Oh yeah and I find Alchemy to be a science that deserves much more attention, I think it should be taught in schools; biology, chemistry, physics, and alchemy, this should be the course of study in high school science! But I highly doubt we'll ever get to that point lol, maybe Alchemy, bio, chem, phys? A good foundation in alchemy sounds better than my original thought.

GOD Bless, LGO

Salazius
11-28-2012, 03:02 PM
I've heard about a young man in psychatric hospital, schyzophrenic, that cured himself with Presence, acceptation, neutral observation of emotions, thought, delusions ... etc. His doctor could not believe it.

LostGnosticOccultum
11-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Really? That is quite interesting and encouraging to hear :) accept and observe...sounds like what I've been attempting to do but acceptance is not the easiest task...

Bel Matina
11-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Look up FACS.

I got trained working in a lab in my early twenties, and it changed my life. Of course it's only ten years later, particularly studying Taijiquan lately and using the art to reprogram my motor cortex that I'm starting to be able to use that ability to track peoples' emotions to its full potential.

I will say that for the last few years I'm able to 'pass' to the point that I probably couldn't be diagnosed, although it more or less requires keeping track of a whole lot of social theory in real time. I couldn't have done it without the art; the current science does not quite have explanatory power in its supine state, and even putting in to practice my own hypotheses not put up to peer review, there is enough of a lurch in all but the most simple situations that the only way through it is by rectification. I'm hoping that the work I'm doing multiplying the stone into physical consciousness (into the body, even, which after all in its collagen network as much as in its electrical network constitutes a neural net, by the mathematical definition) will reduce the work involved. If nothing else, hanging everything on the stone by definition simplifies it.

It's longer than I can remember that the art colored everything I did; I'm starting to reach the point where everything I do becomes the art, and everything I see and am becomes the stone. For months now, it could be half a year already, not meditating has become the exception rather than the rule. On the spectrum we lack an organ of silent telepathy, although the ugly secret is that more often than not what is transmitted is new to all participants. Put another way, nobody really knows what's going on better than we do, but nature has provided them with a means to fake it in a manner that generates a productive consensus. Nobody knows what's right, but everyone blithely communicates when they think something's wrong, and out of reflexive fear they stumble on a resolution that meets everybody's needs. We are deaf and dumb to all of this, and even having learned to lip read (as it were) I'm not equipped to respond so reflexively the way that they do, as they have a special chip for that and I have to run everything on a general processor. I suppose extending on that analogy, it's rather hard to learn to speak clearly when you can't hear yourself, and people tend to be very judgmental about your accent.

But yeah, the facial emotion stuff is huge.

Ezalor
11-29-2012, 05:23 AM
Finding a remedy? Autism is not a n illness. In my rendering (as a HFA myself) it simply means that you came to this incarnation with different tools and presets than the majority. The nature of your personal path is further away from the average. It is neither good nor bad - it is different. And the goal should never be to become like the majority - but to become who you really, truly are, whatever that may be. And in my personal case, I even know the reason of HFA: this is how the qualities of my soul are being realized in the physical world - the weaknesses show what things my soul didn't learn properly yet, and the strengths and talents show what fields it already was experienced with. Just like in the case of everyone, autistic or not. So why someone is then autistic, and not "just" different? Well... what is autistic? Where is the exact border between autistic and non-autistic? No one can say.

People think it is a general rule that a majority is usually right. Well, I say that in fact, as a general rule, majorities are usually wrong. ;) That's how evolution works, it is like a pyramid. For every "level", those on the level below are more numerous and those on the level above are less numerous. So looked at from each level, those who are higher are a majority in comparison. As you look up the pyramid, it is always thinner above you than where you are.

Wantabee
11-12-2013, 07:17 PM
I agree with what appears to be the majority opinion, that autism is more a spiritual condition than a physical one. I also agree it is not an illness. Our brains function differently than the standard model though science has yet to determine exactly what the difference is.

I've not found a remedy for my HFA yet in alchemy however meditation and spiritual alchemy do seem to help.

We are in similar boats. I have learned social conventions (the hard way) and usually know the correct response to common courtesies though I don't always respond that way. I still find small talk or idle chatter too boring to listen to let alone participate in, but I can handle that.

My main problem is my brain going into overdrive. Before I suspected I was autistic I would sometimes be kept awake for days because I couldn't stop thinking about something. Now, using the mystical practice called recollection (submitting the mind to the control of the will), I can usually slow it down within 36 hours.

Theoretically, alchemy could develop a tincture or elixir to to help with this, or the sensory problems some people have; but wouldn't know where to start. I agree the Philosopher's Stone is overkill.

Krisztian
11-12-2013, 07:56 PM
. . . could develop a tincture or elixir to to help with this, or the sensory problems some people have; but wouldn't know where to start.

Japanese patented "Amyloban 3399" with maitake mushroom could very likely bring some solutions. I consider it an "elixir". Worth researching!

Dr.Zoidberg
11-13-2013, 10:22 PM
This is all very interesting to us. Our son is has HFA as does Mrs.Zoidberg and her father. Our son is very creative and empathetic. Her father is a member of Mensa and Pediatrician/Pianist/HAM radio enthusiast. She is an instrumentation engineer and also empathetic.

On the side of the spectrum of Autism that is HFA, we agree with the opinion that it is not a hindrance on the whole but rather a blessing. Being able to see the world from another perspective is a beautiful thing. Socially, it does manifest as a bit of a bother, but education on social behavior of humans helps immensely. During the childhoods of Mrs. Zoidberg and her father, there was not much known about autism and it was never diagnosed in them. This forced them to cope and learn social behaviors to maneuver through society. We wonder how much of the label of "disorder" is going to affect the young children of this generation to develop... We agree that it is not uncommon on the side of the spectrum where an individual is unable to lead an independent life that it is more than just Autism as ALC93 presented.

It is especially interesting to us to see a number of members of this forum to have HFA; we rarely meet any in real life.

I've heard about a young man in psychatric hospital, schyzophrenic, that cured himself with Presence, acceptation, neutral observation of emotions, thought, delusions ... etc. His doctor could not believe it.

This is synchronistic to read! The study of Carl Jung's spiritual Alchemy, self-help books, sociology, and psychology have greatly improved Mrs. Zoidberg's social functionality. Understanding the mechanisms of social interaction and self discovery are great tools to those with HFA. Though we're sure there are many who would not want to be "cured" and lose the beneficial perspectives HFA provides. Understanding the mechanisms and self adjustment lessen manifestation of symptoms.

Finding a remedy? Autism is not a n illness. In my rendering (as a HFA myself) it simply means that you came to this incarnation with different tools and presets than the majority. The nature of your personal path is further away from the average. It is neither good nor bad - it is different. And the goal should never be to become like the majority - but to become who you really, truly are, whatever that may be. And in my personal case, I even know the reason of HFA: this is how the qualities of my soul are being realized in the physical world - the weaknesses show what things my soul didn't learn properly yet, and the strengths and talents show what fields it already was experienced with. Just like in the case of everyone, autistic or not. So why someone is then autistic, and not "just" different? Well... what is autistic? Where is the exact border between autistic and non-autistic? No one can say.

People think it is a general rule that a majority is usually right. Well, I say that in fact, as a general rule, majorities are usually wrong. ;) That's how evolution works, it is like a pyramid. For every "level", those on the level below are more numerous and those on the level above are less numerous. So looked at from each level, those who are higher are a majority in comparison. As you look up the pyramid, it is always thinner above you than where you are.

We really like your interpretation of your HFA. It resonates with us. Though it does seem a person could be so affected by autism that it cripples them socially or their ability to direct their focus. It is hard (though not impossible) to be unsocial and successful in a society and even harder if you have problems directing your attention. A remedy to lessen extreme symptoms would be beneficial in some cases perhaps.

I agree with what appears to be the majority opinion, that autism is more a spiritual condition than a physical one. I also agree it is not an illness. Our brains function differently than the standard model though science has yet to determine exactly what the difference is.

We are in similar boats. I have learned social conventions (the hard way) and usually know the correct response to common courtesies though I don't always respond that way. I still find small talk or idle chatter too boring to listen to let alone participate in, but I can handle that.

My main problem is my brain going into overdrive. Before I suspected I was autistic I would sometimes be kept awake for days because I couldn't stop thinking about something. Now, using the mystical practice called recollection (submitting the mind to the control of the will), I can usually slow it down within 36 hours.

Theoretically, alchemy could develop a tincture or elixir to to help with this, or the sensory problems some people have; but wouldn't know where to start. I agree the Philosopher's Stone is overkill.

Can you elaborate a bit on the idea of autism being a spiritual condition?

Japanese patented "Amyloban 3399" with maitake mushroom could very likely bring some solutions. I consider it an "elixir". Worth researching!

Thank you very much for this! We are adding this to our list of research and experiments!

III
11-14-2013, 04:48 AM
This is all very interesting to us. Our son is has HFA as does Mrs.Zoidberg and her father. Our son is very creative and empathetic. Her father is a member of Mensa and Pediatrician/Pianist/HAM radio enthusiast. She is an instrumentation engineer and also empathetic.

On the side of the spectrum of Autism that is HFA, we agree with the opinion that it is not a hindrance on the whole but rather a blessing. Being able to see the world from another perspective is a beautiful thing. Socially, it does manifest as a bit of a bother, but education on social behavior of humans helps immensely. During the childhoods of Mrs. Zoidberg and her father, there was not much known about autism and it was never diagnosed in them. This forced them to cope and learn social behaviors to maneuver through society. We wonder how much of the label of "disorder" is going to affect the young children of this generation to develop... We agree that it is not uncommon on the side of the spectrum where an individual is unable to lead an independent life that it is more than just Autism as ALC93 presented.

It is especially interesting to us to see a number of members of this forum to have HFA; we rarely meet any in real life.

This is synchronistic to read! The study of Carl Jung's spiritual Alchemy, self-help books, sociology, and psychology have greatly improved Mrs. Zoidberg's social functionality. Understanding the mechanisms of social interaction and self discovery are great tools to those with HFA. Though we're sure there are many who would not want to be "cured" and lose the beneficial perspectives HFA provides. Understanding the mechanisms and self adjustment lessen manifestation of symptoms.

We really like your interpretation of your HFA. It resonates with us. Though it does seem a person could be so affected by autism that it cripples them socially or their ability to direct their focus. It is hard (though not impossible) to be unsocial and successful in a society and even harder if you have problems directing your attention. A remedy to lessen extreme symptoms would be beneficial in some cases perhaps.

Thank you very much for this! We are adding this to our list of research and experiments!

I would like to add a CNS neuropsyc oriented comment. Autism, along with FMS/CFS/Parkinson's/MS/ALS/SupraNuclearPalsy/Alzheimer's and a few others are all linked by low cerebral spinal fluid levels of cobalamin (MeCbl, AdoCbl) separately from body serum level. For some reason there is a defect in either transport into the CSF or it can't be adequately retained in the CSF. For any given person, it might be one or both considerations.

Some have substantial improvement, naked eye visible 15 minutes after a sublingual MeCbl and/or AdoCbl. Each and both can make a real difference. What it means, I don't know. It is a treatment of a measurable biological problem that affects the operation of the neurology, mood and personality.

Andro
11-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Also see this possibly relevant thread: Deficiencies & Genetics in Neurological Disorders (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3299-Deficiencies-amp-Genetics-in-Neurological-Disorders)

jnjone4
11-14-2013, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cannabis+oil+and+autism&sm=12

Wantabee
11-15-2013, 03:13 PM
“For the spirit animates the soul, but the body kills the soul. In other words, the soul kills itself.”
- “The Secret Book of James” 7:11

Autism is not rooted in the body. That is why it is diagnosed by psychologists rather than neurologists; its source in in the higher plane of existence.

In my case it has had a positive effect on my spiritual development. As I hinted in my earlier post, I don't have the sensory issues many autistics have of taking in information too fast for my brain to process. My problem is that once information does get into my head, I can't get it out: I am incapable of ignoring questions I don't have answers to, or dismissing points I don't want to accept but cannot counter. This can be very uncomfortable: I think my record of being kept awake by that is 5 days; but the upside is that it functions as a shield against self-deception and an aid to the perception of Truth.

Dr.Zoidberg
11-16-2013, 08:04 PM
“For the spirit animates the soul, but the body kills the soul. In other words, the soul kills itself.”
- “The Secret Book of James” 7:11

Autism is not rooted in the body. That is why it is diagnosed by psychologists rather than neurologists; its source in in the higher plane of existence.

In my case it has had a positive effect on my spiritual development. As I hinted in my earlier post, I don't have the sensory issues many autistics have of taking in information too fast for my brain to process. My problem is that once information does get into my head, I can't get it out: I am incapable of ignoring questions I don't have answers to, or dismissing points I don't want to accept but cannot counter. This can be very uncomfortable: I think my record of being kept awake by that is 5 days; but the upside is that it functions as a shield against self-deception and an aid to the perception of Truth.

Thanks for the clarification :). Not suggesting you are wrong, just trying to further understand your conclusion. It is possible perhaps that we have just not fully understood how to recognize if it is physically rooted? There are studies that suggest there are indeed physical differences in the brains of HFA's. Are you suggesting diagnoses by psychologists where there isn't an agreed physical (neurological) pattern of abnormality are spiritually rooted? Could you also break down the quote to help us have a clearer understanding?

How do you fight not being able to sleep? How do you calm your mind down?

I would like to add a CNS neuropsyc oriented comment. Autism, along with FMS/CFS/Parkinson's/MS/ALS/SupraNuclearPalsy/Alzheimer's and a few others are all linked by low cerebral spinal fluid levels of cobalamin (MeCbl, AdoCbl) separately from body serum level. For some reason there is a defect in either transport into the CSF or it can't be adequately retained in the CSF. For any given person, it might be one or both considerations.

Some have substantial improvement, naked eye visible 15 minutes after a sublingual MeCbl and/or AdoCbl. Each and both can make a real difference. What it means, I don't know. It is a treatment of a measurable biological problem that affects the operation of the neurology, mood and personality.

Thanks for this info. Could you site a source for this so we can look into it further?

Wantabee
11-21-2013, 03:49 PM
There are studies that suggest there are indeed physical differences in the brains of HFA's.
I don't know what studies you mean. The only one I know about is this www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10929032 that story is over three years old and if anything came of it I haven't heard. The article states: "What the computer can do very quickly is to see that a patient has autism," said Professor Declan Murphy from the Institute of Psychiatry, who supervised the research, "even though their brain, to the naked eye, looks very normal." That suggests to me that what may be detected by a brain scan is differences in how an autistic brain functions, as opposed to how it is constructed; subtle difference perhaps.

Could you also break down the quote to help us have a clearer understanding?
I think not; the best I can do is give you a link to the full text. http://gnosis.org/naghamm/jam.html If you read the beginning of that you may find that book was intended for very limited distribution. How James or Jesus feel about it being posted on the internet where any heathen, heretic or atheist can get their hands on it, I don't know; but I am not going to try to explain words, attributed to my lord Jesus. that he may not have intended to read in the first place.

Dr.Zoidberg
11-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I don't know what studies you mean. The only one I know about is this www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10929032 that story is over three years old and if anything came of it I haven't heard. The article states: "What the computer can do very quickly is to see that a patient has autism," said Professor Declan Murphy from the Institute of Psychiatry, who supervised the research, "even though their brain, to the naked eye, looks very normal." That suggests to me that what may be detected by a brain scan is differences in how an autistic brain functions, as opposed to how it is constructed; subtle difference perhaps.

http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1104609
http://med.stanford.edu/ism/2011/september/menon.html

Here are a couple more studies we found interesting. There are many more if you do a search for "physical differences in autistic brain". Though after further thought, if it were a spiritual condition could it not also be reflected through a pattern in the physical body? So yes we agree with you that it is possible to have a spiritual root, but how do you tackle that? Perhaps some here have a good grasp on spiritual medicine; we are just beginning to learn. What is the spiritual pattern? Mrs. Zoidberg's life path guided her into the best "medicine" we've come across, so far: self-discovery. What would you suppose the "spiritual symptoms" to be?

I think not; the best I can do is give you a link to the full text. http://gnosis.org/naghamm/jam.html If you read the beginning of that you may find that book was intended for very limited distribution. How James or Jesus feel about it being posted on the internet where any heathen, heretic or atheist can get their hands on it, I don't know; but I am not going to try to explain words, attributed to my lord Jesus. that he may not have intended to read in the first place.

Thank you for this :)