PDA

View Full Version : Best Alcohol to use for Jean Dubuis Experiments

JDuncan
05-30-2012, 04:41 AM
Thanks for your time guys. Im gonna start the Jean Dubuis Guides, and although it states Wine Base Alcohol, I'm curious if anyone has any specifics they favor. I am in BC Canada, so a few things suggested in forums are not available to me here (like Ever Clear).

Thanks for your time.
Jon

Salazius
05-30-2012, 07:48 AM
For me, nothing better than a wine alcohol. Distill it yourself, remove the head, tail and body and keep the heart ! (methanol, water and salts+sulfur, and oil of death).

The you can tartarize it and distill it again.

Adding to your alcohol tartar salt, when it is at 70% will help remove almost all the flegm/remaining.

Donna Matrix
07-01-2012, 08:16 PM
this is alot of work. To get any kinnd of amount with anything approaching philosophical purity is alot of work. I've had the best luch with Everclear and salts of tartar.. .. The great Solomon Levi suggested it a long time ago. Goodluck!

Ilos
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I realized that dry wine alcohol can be pure more than buying alcohol in the store, maybe Vodka can be 100% pure but you can never know that for sure, maybe alcohol is not everything when performing an spagyrics experiment, it is the whole process of it.
I also realized that the higher the volume of the spirit the better with the effect.

Andro
08-31-2012, 02:40 PM
From experience, it's much more efficient to distill SV out of Tartar leftovers from the bottom of wine barrels.

Especially if you have a winery nearby, you can ask them to hand you the leftovers after the wine making is complete.

As for rectification, Salazius has already covered the subject.

The result is VERY different (energetically) than store-bought alcohol, and also has a very 'natural' and 'organic' odor and feel to it.

In short, nothing beats making it yourself... Yes, it DOES take some time and patience, but it is well worth the effort.

The same goes for potash (home made VS lab grade from stores), as well as essential oils - many times you can buy relatively cheap essential oils, but in some cases they will be mixed with some 'base' oil to dilute them, so it is necessary to be careful.

Krisztian
08-31-2012, 06:43 PM
I also use Everclear 151 Proof, from grain. Distill it once or twice at 76 Celsius, perhaps, at 78 Celsius the first time around. You'll get high enough proof of alcohol for extracting, as Dubuis intended it.

Yes, the time and energy invested to making higher proof alcohol does pay off! If you're "psychically" connected to the essence of the alcohol, the spiritus, then you'll notice that the alcohol coming from red wine has more organic vibrancy. It may sound strange, but it's more alive.

Nibiru
09-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Here's a good method for obtaining a very high quality S.V. from one of our members personal blog. Hope it helps..

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-make-very-good-spiritus-vini.html

Ezalor
09-09-2012, 04:52 PM
It may sound strange, but it's more alive.
No wonder. Red wine was always associated with blood and life force. When my grandfather had blood problems as a child, his doctor ordered him a pint of red wine every morning and evening!

Salazius
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
And now wine's level of pesticides is 200 higher than normal level for water ... plus sulfides :)

Enjoy your Baron Rothchild.

Krisztian
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
And now wine's level of pesticides is 200 higher than normal level for water ... plus sulfides :)

Unless you live outside of "civilization" - those places still untouched but probably undesired by most - you'll have other complications. Where I live now, you can still drink from the river. The dew isn't contaminated. Rainfall is clear.

When my grandfather had blood problems as a child, his doctor ordered him a pint of red wine every morning and evening!

It can get costly, but one can acquire red wine from Chile, or Argentina. That's somewhat different environment than modern Europe. Speaking of Rothschild, he owns a rather good winery in Chile under his brand, the word Almaviva comes to mind.

Ezalor
09-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Not the wine made from my friend's grapes, neither the "törkölypálinka" ha makes.

In Hungary, it is the tradition that you take the "törköly", the remains of crushed grapes from the bottom of the wine press, collect it, add water, sugar etc... and later a pretty strong moonshine is being distilled from that. Hungarian traditional "pálinka"! It is at least 50% but there are higher variants, some people are proud of their 80-90% versions (Yes, we DO drink that! :P But I also recommend that 70% chilli-pepper-pálinka I tasted once. It's like drinking hot lava... that in the same time tastes terribly good! ).

So I wonder if törkölypálinka can qualify as Spiritus Vini, or not. It isn't distilled from the wine, but from the graphes directly. If the point in SV is that it comes from grapes, then pálinka should actually be even better than distilled wine. And this could pretty much solve the alcohol question for me.

Also, 2 years ago the distillation if pálinka is made absolutely and officially legal in Hungary (as long as you do it for yourself, family and friends, and not for selling).

It is also a tradition to make "ágyas" pálinka (would translate as "bedded" whereas "ágy" means "bed") which means that you put fruits and herbs into the pálinka and leave it until everything that can dissolves from it. This kinda qualifies as a tincture. Last year I used my friend's törkölypálinka and added everything red: red fruits, rose petals, hibiscus... the result is a blood-red 50-52% ágyas which, in addition to tasting heavenly, is pretty strong energetically as well.

But then, Hungary is also one of the most famous wine makers of the World, some Hungarian wines being the highest prized ones all around the World, so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to find a winery that doesn't use pesticides, or uses only copper-sulphate which can simply be washed off (and even if not, remains behind during distillation). Or to acquire home-made wine from trusted sources.

Whenever in future I get my own farm, I'm pretty sure I will plant some wine grapes so I can make my own natural wine and pálinka.

Ezalor