06-02-2012, 04:29 PM
I found this clip some time back and can't remember if I posted it here before
so I thought I would repost it as I love the graphics and there is some useful
information in it too.

http://www.wimp.com/secretpowers/

Ghislain

Ghislain
06-03-2012, 09:40 AM
I would just like to cover the reason I post subjects like this one...

Perhaps a question that may be asked is, "What has it to do with Alchemy"?

I believe Alchemy is as much to do with understanding self as it is to do with healing elixirs,
manufacturing gold from base metals, spirituality and such...

Many people read texts from ancient adepts in the hope of finding an understanding,
but may start out on that journey without first understanding themselves.

Do you understand yourself? I know I don't...yet... and if your answer is 'no' then
what chance is there of understanding others?

In the video clip above Philip Zimbardo concludes with...

"Many of life's puzzles can be solved by simply understanding
Our own time perspectives and that of others"

Then goes on to say...

"Lots of conflict we have with people is really conflict of different time perspective.
Once you are aware of that you stop making negative attributions like, 'you're dumb' or
'you're childish' or 'you're pig headed' or 'you're authoritarian'

And finishes the whole speech with...

"It's really the most simple idea in the world"

Is it really Phil?? :( What do we really know of our own time perspective, let alone that of others?

We live, on average, for seventy years; what do we do with that tiny window of opportunity
and how do we react when others occupy some of that valuable space/time, and why?

I would like to hear some others views on the subject.

I shall start with my own input...

I know I waste much of my time in front of the brain-drainer (TV) or just lazing about.

I read, but not enough as I have a fear of wasting 'my time' reading the wrong things.

I give over 35% of my time to someone else to gain credits to feed, clothe and house myself
and family, with a little left over to dispose of in any way I deem fit...oh and a nice slice of it
(about 30%) to the state to dispose of in any way they deem fit. <- not much say in that one

I shall retire somewhere in my mid to late sixties to ponder what I did with the 93% of my allotted
time on terra firma. I wonder what I will find in those reflections...were they wasted or productive...

I shall then depart to destinations unknown...

The one thing I can be fairly sure of, nearly all of us will do something similar.

The reason I have to keep questioning is that many generations before us have repeated this cycle and,
if nothing changes, those to come after us will repeat this mundane course of action ad infinitum.

I feel that if people can accept that as the norm there is not much hope for humanity;
It will continue on as the broken record it is. IMO

Finally I would like to pose a question, which was raised in a general studies lesson when I was at school.

“How would your life change if you knew your generation was the last that there would ever be”?

Ghislain

Nibiru
06-03-2012, 08:07 PM
I know I waste much of my time in front of the brain-drainer (TV) or just lazing about.

I read, but not enough as I have a fear of wasting 'my time' reading the wrong things.

I give over 35% of my time to someone else to gain credits to feed, clothe and house myself
and family, with a little left over to dispose of in any way I deem fit...oh and a nice slice of it
(about 30%) to the state to dispose of in any way they deem fit. <- not much say in that one

I shall retire somewhere in my mid to late sixties to ponder what I did with the 93% of my allotted
time on terra firma. I wonder what I will find in those reflections...were they wasted or productive...

I shall then depart to destinations unknown...

The one thing I can be fairly sure of, nearly all of us will do something similar.

The reason I have to keep questioning is that many generations before us have repeated this cycle and,
if nothing changes, those to come after us will repeat this mundane course of action ad infinitum.

I feel that if people can accept that as the norm there is not much hope for humanity;
It will continue on as the broken record it is. IMO

Finally I would like to pose a question, which was raised in a general studies lesson when I was at school.

“How would your life change if you knew your generation was the last that there would ever be”?

Ghislain

It's a hard question to answer myself Ghislain, because many of those with whom I associate with within my generation already live as if we will be the last. I stay mostly submerged within a counter-culture that lives life without much authority given to the concept 'time'. So some of us are already making the change and have been listening to C.D.'s most of our lives rather than that same old record. Though being far from perfect, our CD's do still skip at times; so I suppose that's where the mp3's come in to play..

Awani
06-03-2012, 08:49 PM

I am living as if I am the last. How can I not? I mean the only perspective I can truly have of being alive is my own, so when I die the world dies as well. Before the moment of death this is all I can be certain of regardless of what I hope will happen.

:cool:

Ghislain
06-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I cannot remember my answer at the time it was posed, but I do remember that it affected me more
than I expected.

I asked my son the same question as I began the post and he said he would go on a rampage doing
whatever he wished.

I asked him why it should make a difference, as he would still live for his allotted time, he
replied that there would be no repercussions.

I posited that if everyone were to do this it would be a free-for-all and chaos would ensue, he did
not change his reasoning and I believe he felt that we keep order because we are the trustees of our
children’s future and with that gone nothing would matter anymore.

Might I add that he is sure that he wants no children of his own as he thinks they are too
much work. lol how right he is, I wish I had his hindsight ;) and just in case he gets to read this
I must say it was all worth it.

Ghislain

otove
06-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I guess Modern life is about transmuting time into money, and money into time. The two concepts seem closely related nowadays, one, a measure of eternity, the other a measure of Omnipotence. Both stem from some need control and hoard what we already have an infinite supply of.

With this in view, why change anything?

solomon levi
06-06-2012, 12:03 AM
As anything, the perspective is useful according to those parameters.
For me, this is hardly the secrets of time. But that's a silly thing to argue.
It is what it is. But there is SO MUCH more to time than is covered here.
There isn't anything that is not time - that can't be understood as time.
This is a small slice. So we could expand the topic, or just address the video.
I'll stick to the video for now. It is very reminiscient of NLP. It IS in fact NLP.
But then, what isn't? So I've said nothing.

Communication and getting along in the world would indeed be vastly improved if
we acknowledged these different perspectives and modalities of perception. That is
why we each need to work on it individually - to become able to speak all six languages
of time (sticking with the video's perspective). Only then is communication possible.
Again, that's why I always talk about fluidity/mercury, not believing, not being fixated,
not coming from only past knowledge... not coming from just one of six time perspectives...

It's great to have a chinese interpreter/translator if I want to communicate with China,
or to know chinese myself. But who will know ALL "languages". This is really what the universe
is asking of us IMO. And it doesn't involve linearly learning every language, but dropping the
filter/system and realising a universal "language of the birds/angels".