PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus

Awani
06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Watched this film the other day, and I enjoyed myself. Technically it is well made and covers a subject matter that really interests me. In the end is it only entertainment and it is meant to be a kind of horror/action film so I was not surprised it didn't go deeper into philosophical arguments... it does not balance philosophy and action as good as Inception did. It doesn't beat the first alien in my opinion, but then again Prometheus is not really an "alien" film.

Don't read anymore if you don't want the plot ruined!

Basically the film follows the Ancient Aliens concept: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts

It's all about finding the creators of the human race. So the question I want to raise is this:

It seems that we are seeing three possible scenarios, one is that Holy Wood is finally picking up on the underground culture (Matrix, Avatar, Inception, Prometheus and more), meaning that they are putting forth ideas that before were considered silly and stupid but that now have achieved a sort of mainstream quality.

The other scenario is that they are preparing us for a major paradigm shift. Now perhaps I am being paranoid and I don't like thinking in conspiracy ways... but I can't help but raise the question.

The third scenario is that we are just having a generational shift and now the script writers of Holy Wood are actually descendants of the Hippie years and that is why we are seeing an increase in these subject matters.

As a note I can add that film has always had these kinds of subject matters (even in the distant past), but never before in such quantity I don't think... and also those kinds of films have never achieved such a massive success. It seems the whole world is subconsciously craving for other worlds, altered states and answers to the fundamental questions we all have.

:cool:

Ghislain
06-05-2012, 02:41 PM
A fourth scenario may be that as more and more people are becoming aware and try to tell others then the
others will think they have watched too many movies :(

Ghislain

horticult
06-05-2012, 04:07 PM
& who are the creators of the aliens?

& noble ugly generous et will answer:

1. ??. we do not know
2. jesus christ superstar
3. mouses

4. you

Krisztian
06-06-2012, 05:24 PM
A fourth scenario may be that as more and more people are becoming aware and try to tell others then the others will think they have watched too many movies :(Ghislain

Movies, American movies especially, the "blockbuster" labeled enterprises, these appear to be created for an indirect communication or, some would say, 'set up', programming of the mind, 'hypnotic suggestion' of social consciousness, of the populace in general. I think Ghislain's point is well-taken. If you carefully examine movies created for children in the past 10 years, almost all have the theme tied to aliens, extraterrestrials, etc. Normalizing, desensitizing the public to various themes is what appears to be happening afoot.

It's even more comical that Hollywood can't make a mainstream film involving "aliens" that are not depicted as insects, giant cockroaches or the like? Aliens, if one looks at the programing for what it is, is associated with 'danger'. That's what we're being fed.

zoas23
06-06-2012, 07:14 PM
As a note I can add that film has always had these kinds of subject matters (even in the distant past), but never before in such quantity I don't think... and also those kinds of films have never achieved such a massive success. It seems the whole world is subconsciously craving for other worlds, altered states and answers to the fundamental questions we all have.

The most succesful or shocking fiction about Aliens was Orson Wells broadcasting the War of the Worlds on the radio in 1938. What was going on? The World War was coming.

It is also interesting to watch a list of the sci-fi films of the 50's

http://www.filmsandtv.com/genre.php?gs=1950Sci-Fi

Notice how Mars became an obsession...
The cold war was going on... the red communist planet looked like a real threat.
Sci-fi is often about "something else" and not exactly about what it is saying in a literal way... a metaphor.

And , yet, a lot of things are going on...

It's all about finding the creators of the human race. So the question I want to raise is this:

It seems that we are seeing three possible scenarios, one is that Holy Wood is finally picking up on the underground culture (Matrix, Avatar, Inception, Prometheus and more), meaning that they are putting forth ideas that before were considered silly and stupid but that now have achieved a sort of mainstream quality.

we are living in times of crisis.
An worldwide economical crisis... and a cultural crisis in the western world.
The cultural crisis of the west is that Religion failed to answer the key questions...
Science failed too.
And now the chair is empty, nobody is realy able to sit in the chair where the questions are answered.

So the masses are really waiting for Prometheus, I mean the Greek Prometheus, who can come with answers during these times of crisis.
Movies can't do that... but they can offer a placebo that lasts some 90 minutes.

The other scenario is that they are preparing us for a major paradigm shift. Now perhaps I am being paranoid and I don't like thinking in conspiracy ways... but I can't help but raise the question.

They aren't preparing us, we are living a paradigm shift... but quite different from all the previous shifts:
Religion failed, Science failed... and now the chair is empy.

There are other types of crisis going on in the west... the USA is getting involved in wars and more wars that are very different from any previous war. They are absolutely ignoring human rights. Ghislain and Nibiru were talking how the Aliens are roach-like creatures in the films.
You can keep Guantanamo alive or plan missions that involve murdering a person and throwing him into the sea if the "enemy" isn't shown as some sort of thing that looks repulsive to the western mind.
If the Aliens are roaches, then we can exterminate them, that's what we are used to do with roaches.

But the spiritual crisis is bigger, so of course we have questions.
Hitler took advantage of a Crisis in 1933 and designed a myth for a country that was going through a crisis: "we are Aryan, we are special, we come from the ancient Aryan Gods!"
Take it for granted that his myth worked.
Hitler... did you know that by the time in which he was elected one of the main film industries was the German film industry? And Germany was producing their expressionist films... 90% of them were about subjects very close to alchemy or gnosticism. Of course, Hitler forbid the genre and only Nazi propaganda films were produced in Germany during his times... terribly bad films that destroyed the German film industry (mostly because the films were incredibly bad and boring, even for the Nazi enthusiasts).

And there is another crisis going on: the internet screwed up the big studios of Holywood... and the new global world needs myths that can become "global"... for christians, Jewish, Muslims, Buddhists, Atheists, people from the most diverse cultures, etc (except for hindus, since holywood never managed to get into the market of Inda... which is the #1 market of the world... the hindus don't like the holywood films and prefer a completely local style).
That's why I think the Aliens are so popular right now.... they are quite global, they are OK both for theist and atheist audiences.

Holywood doesn't have a "hidden agenda", except making money. The owner of a film studio doesn't spend time thinking "How can I manipulate the mind of the people and follow the secret illuminati agenda???"... It is quite far easier for them... very much like: "I am going to spend $100 millions and I want to earn $200 millions in return".

So... I think the reasons are quite complex and very diverse.

Krisztian
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Holywood doesn't have a "hidden agenda", except making money. The owner of a film studio doesn't spend time thinking "How can I manipulate the mind of the people and follow the secret illuminati agenda???"... It is quite far easier for them... very much like: "I am going to spend $100 millions and I want to earn $200 millions in return".

The former president of Motion Pictures Association of America, serving for something like 35-years, J. Valenti, was the special assistant to President Johnson. He was a very powerful person, pipeline to every imaginable 'think tank', underground society, etc.

No person in any position of power, media, military, Homeland Security, Academia, etc. occupies the position because 'they shake hands well'. They carry out specific tasks handed down from their 'handlers', etc. Those who are 'addicted to power' will carry out any demands that the position entails. It's not just an American thing.

Krisztian
06-06-2012, 08:19 PM
That's why I think the Aliens are so popular right now.... they are quite global, they are OK both for theist and atheist audiences.

"Aliens" are popular right now because once the hypnotism (and fear-inducing entertainment) of Communism fell, then the grip of Cold War (The Russians are coming) lost it's vigor, now that "Terrorism" is starting to be boring, they need a new monkey in town! The 'invasion scenerio' of aliens has a good ring.

The owner of a film studio doesn't spend time thinking "How can I manipulate the mind of the people and follow the secret illuminati agenda???"... It is quite far easier for them... very much like: "I am going to spend $100 millions and I want to earn $200 millions in return".

Money itself is an illusion to the power-brokers. It's just numbers. Money itself is owned. How much money you have doesn't say how rich you are. Whoever owns money itself, the system, is the richest! It's about power, and ritualistic sacrifice. And carrying out the order of the string-pulling-elite; that's not the ones who you know by name. They're also just puppets.

zoas23
06-08-2012, 12:30 AM
The former president of Motion Pictures Association of America, serving for something like 35-years, J. Valenti, was the special assistant to President Johnson. He was a very powerful person, pipeline to every imaginable 'think tank', underground society, etc.

No person in any position of power, media, military, Homeland Security, Academia, etc. occupies the position because 'they shake hands well'. They carry out specific tasks handed down from their 'handlers', etc. Those who are 'addicted to power' will carry out any demands that the position entails. It's not just an American thing.

I take it as a fact that each person defends his own interests.
A lot of producers wouldn't make a pro-abortion film because they are anti-abortion.

In the same way that several Holywood films dare to be critic of the US foreign policy, but they do have a limit.

If you think that the Holywood producers have secret meetings in which they say: "Let's make films about Aliens and let's show that they are evil", then I really don't think that such thing happens.
Also, in the most succesful reacent movie about Aliens, "Avatar", the Aliens were the good guys, whilst the humans mostly sucked.

The scary thing about the power structures in this world is not that they are invisible, but quite the opposite, that they are very visible and their interests are hardly hidden.

Krisztian
06-09-2012, 01:34 AM
I take it as a fact that each person defends his own interests.
A lot of producers wouldn't make a pro-abortion film because they are anti-abortion.

In the same way that several Holywood films dare to be critic of the US foreign policy, but they do have a limit.

If you think that the Holywood producers have secret meetings in which they say: "Let's make films about Aliens and let's show that they are evil", then I really don't think that such thing happens.
Also, in the most succesful reacent movie about Aliens, "Avatar", the Aliens were the good guys, whilst the humans mostly sucked.

The scary thing about the power structures in this world is not that they are invisible, but quite the opposite, that they are very visible and their interests are hardly hidden.

I think it's a subtle influence over time. For the majority, social consciousness, the populace that watch movies for entertainment, it is very hidden. That's why it's often labelled as 'occult'. In some cases, Valenti wouldn't know the 'whys', it would just be, part of, a 'direction'.

Anyone who believes there's 'freedom' in society is very naive, in my experience. Most too afraid to admit. It's like, to admit such thing, it would be to lose one's identity. Nationalism most would fight for. The rabbit holes goes deep, the more I know about it, the more I realize how far it extends.

I am a generally happy, content, live well, and because of my occupation do what I want. Also I don't live on my native soil, so no thing to defend. So, what I see is quite the influence and psychological control on the general public. It's rarely when I find someone who has a different system of thinking, especially in North America. Most are very predictable, say the same, do the same. So, for me, I see very subtle control and influence of people.

Awani
06-09-2012, 11:51 PM
A fourth scenario may be that as more and more people are becoming aware and try to tell others then the
others will think they have watched too many movies...

Yes, but this always happen when the underground becomes mainstream.

Yes, but I read that they wanted to do a lot of changes... in the end James Cameron got his will through (but I think he should have included the 'ayahuasca'-ceremony that got cut).

Krisztian
07-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Take a look at this news posting http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/4fede24bb1e35dec3300001e/doctor-pulls-5-inch-live-worm-from-man-s-eye-in-india on "Doctor pulls 5 inch live worm from man's eye in India"! I'm sure those that seen Ridley Scott's Prometheus will remember a rather similar "concept" that was portrayed when one of the main, male scientists has a worm in his eye, after infection from the, what I would say, 'alien prima materia'.

Film imitates life?

What do others think?

Ghislain
07-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Film imitates life

I have to agree.

zoas23 You say, "If the Aliens are roaches, then we can exterminate them, that's what we are used to do with roaches."

I don't think that way, I am hardly a Jainist but I don't believe any living thing is OK to exterminate.

Apparently people were getting down after watching Avatar because they want to live in a world like that.

I guess no one told them that they already do; they just have to live as the Na'vi do and respect their environment.

These are probably the same people that swat the first fly that lands on them.

I have silverfish in my bathroom...not a massive infestation as I have only seen solitary ones, but I guess there are more.

They are amazing...look like they are swimming as they move across the floor.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjo4B85xlgA8MY1T5qgmImskWnbfKjP sl48aZxEPgXRk3bf7PV
Not Actual Size...they are much smaller.

I can live with them if they are ok with me :)

Ghislain

zoas23
07-01-2012, 08:04 PM
zoas23 You say, "If the Aliens are roaches, then we can exterminate them, that's what we are used to do with roaches."

I don't think that way, I am hardly a Jainist but I don't believe any living thing is OK to exterminate.

LOL... it was an "impersonal" we... maybe it doesn't make sense in English. I was talking about the mainstream western mentality, not about what I believe myself, nor about something that most people here probably believes either.

In my own case, I'm not really too far from being like a Jainist! :p

chrysopoeia
07-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Take a look at this news posting http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/4fede24bb1e35dec3300001e/doctor-pulls-5-inch-live-worm-from-man-s-eye-in-india on "Doctor pulls 5 inch live worm from man's eye in India"! I'm sure those that seen Ridley Scott's Prometheus will remember a rather similar "concept" that was portrayed when one of the main, male scientists has a worm in his eye, after infection from the, what I would say, 'alien prima materia'.

Film imitates life?

What do others think?

Unpleasant, to say the least. To think that it travelled through his body to his eye.