PDA

View Full Version : theory on volatile alkalis

solomon levi
06-16-2012, 03:54 AM
I don't know if any of you follow this path.
We have something that works with tartar/potassium carbonate (as alkali) and
turpentine (as acid) - this has been proven to volatilise the salt of the plant kingdom.
I haven't been focussing on lab alchemy much lately, but something came to me this
week which I thought I'd share and see what you guys think.

I'm seeing a sulphur, mercury, salt in sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid and nitric acid -
only not all as acids.
What if we have a nitre fixed by sea salt (= alkali) volatilised by sulfuric acid.
What if this is what is meant to happen with the martial regulus path...
nitre fixed by iron chloride volatilised by antimony sulfide.
Is this possible?
Can we volatilse salt with dry ingredients?

pneumatician
06-16-2012, 05:45 PM
wow! too much imagination! :)

well, make a test...

=====
NO man can make amything, the original of which does not exist in his mind.

The paradigm of science is that creation is all, and the creator is nothing. Religion says the creator is all, and the creation is nothing. These two extremes are the bars of a prison cell. They prevent observation of all phenomenon as an interactive whole.

On Earth, you have been convinced that the oceans of the mind and spirit are filled with gruesome, ghoulish monsters that will eat you alive if you dare to venture beyond the breakwater of superstition.

pneumatician
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
chemical speaking white phosporus and sulfur can ignite (in solid state) but alchemically speaking i think you need fire, fire under the croslet o direct fire. direct fire is DETONATION, some alchemical proceses talk about this but needless to say it is dangerous, BOOOOM BOOOM!!! and more, how to lcollect the product of the detonation?? perhaps in little quantities... but little quantitties can be GREAT quantities :) alchemist say this about fulminating gold...

good luck
=========
"He who looks will not see it;
He who listens will not hear it;
He who gropes will not grasp it.
The formless nonentity, the motionless source of motion.
The infinite essence of the spirit is the source of life.
Spirit is self.
Walls form and support a room,
yet the space between them is most important.
A pot is formed of clay,
yet the space formed therein is most useful.
Action is caused by the force of nothing on something,
just as the nothing of spirit is the source of all form.
One suffers great afflictions because one has a body.
Without a body what afflictions could one suffer?
When one cares more for the body than for his own spirit,
One becomes the body and looses the way of the spirit.
The self, the spirit, creates illusion.
The delusion of Man is that reality is not an illusion.
One who creates illusions and makes them more real than
reality, follows the path of the spirit and finds the
way of heaven".

Lao-Tse

solomon levi
06-18-2012, 07:38 PM
volatile alkali theory is not imagination. as I said, we've already done this in the plant kingdom.
I'm just wondering if/how to transfer it to minerals and if the sulfur in stibnite or arsenic acts as
an acid when molten. I know that when I burn sulfur alone under the glass bell it becomes acid,
so why not? Then there's Sharkey's soap...
So not imagination at all - just wondering if all these various independant working things will
still work when mixed together.

I understand - "make a test".
It is my way of sharing to pose questions instead of my hard earned results.
If people want, they will test it. I don't believe in always doing the work for everyone else.
In this case I have already done some work on volatile alkalis which is posted elsewhere,
but i haven't worked on this particular test. I don't see why it isn't possible.

pneumatician
06-19-2012, 01:05 AM
disregard of anything that I tell you, I say: "too much imag." because the impression I get after a fast reading your message is you are trying to do something with too many complications. but in reality, I have no idea what you are trying to do :)

maybe if you want the salt of a plant, burn it, solve and coagula ?
sulfur of stibnite, are really only sulfur ???
are you doing alchemy or chem ?

I must always assume a very pragmatic point of view. I could not be effective or accomplish my missions if I were to use philosophical dogma or rhetoric as my operations manual.

optimization & simplicity

========
ELIXIR VITAE.
When fire and water, earth and air
In love's true bond united are,
For all diseases then be sure
You have a safe and certain cure.
I will affirm it's here alone
Exists the Philosophic Stone.
This is fair nature's virgin root,
Thrice blest are they who reap the fruit:
But oh ! where one true adept's found.
Ten thousand thousand cheats abound.

solomon levi
06-19-2012, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure if it's alchemy or chemistry.
It'd be nice if we can clearly define those.
Doesn't magic become science when we understand the mechanism?
Is alchemy different?
Somewhere I read that science/chemistry doesn't know it's possible to make volatile alkali,
or that it exists or that it can be explained scientifically...???
Would that make it alchemy?
I always think that alchemy involves spirit is some way that chemistry doesn't acknowledge,
but maybe that definition is too simple.
What's your definition Pneumatician?

The sulfur of stibnite is not just sulfur, but we could say the same with plants, and yet
Starkey's "corrector" "corrects" everything else in the plant making toxic substances not toxic,
poisons not poison, narcotics not narcotic... so probably the same in metals.
I'm not saying it's that simple, but it can be figured out. :)
Or maybe I'm wrong.
So I post it here to see what others know about it.

BTW - in my other post here on volatile alkali, in my studies I find that Starkey's corrector is
the same as Urbigerus' circulatum, is the same as volatile alkali.
I don't recall anyone else agreeing with that.
I don't know if anyone else has studied this.
It seems important to me.

pneumatician
06-20-2012, 11:40 PM
alchemy is the proces where matter & spirit are moved/procesed, like salt sufur & mercury, the 4 elements or any other proces trying to follow the path of nature to exalt it or take it beyond.

magic become science when we understand the mechanism... but humans never understand all the creation, inclusive if yyou are in spirit form with much more clearity. the spirits say this in the book of the spirits by alan kardec...

science/chemistry doesn't know it's possible to make volatile alkali... yes but this is only the tip of the iceberg :)
all is a lie, the principe of this idiots of "matter is not destroyed but is transformed" IS A LIE, I read gold disappears in some chem process... where go the gold ???

Science (chem) is the religion of matter. It worships matter.

Starkey's "corrector"... this is not a mistery... is very easy to understand if you read the classic/basic books of alchemy

I don't know if anyone else has studied this... So you can be a new discoverer, alchemy is a endless open science.

It seems important to me. ... So "mile strip" :)

==========
The ignorance is made of shadows in your mind. The shadows are made of lies, and pain, and loss, and fear.

Ghislain
06-21-2012, 05:46 AM
How does one first describe the word “volatile”?

Word Origin & History (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/volatile?s=t)

volatile

1597 "fine or light," also "evaporating rapidly" (1605), from M.Fr. volatile, from L. volatilis "fleeting,
transitory, flying," from pp. stem of volare "to fly," of unknown origin. Sense of "readily changing,
fickle" is first recorded 1647. Volatiles in M.E. meant "birds, butterflies, and other winged
creatures" (c.1300).

What are the candidates for volatile alkalis?

Chlorine is very reactive and will take electrons from wherever it can. It has a high pH of 11.7. (http://answers.ask.com/Science/Chemistry/what_is_the_ph_of_chlorine)

Chlorine History: Leviticus 2:13 1446 BC, Matthew 5:13, Mark 9:50

Possibly the earliest recorded use and form of chlorine is found is the scriptures cited above.
Since the beginning when humans first walked the earth, chlorine has been an essential
element for survival. Without sodium chloride (salt), there would be no life. Chlorine and
chlorine-related compounds, used as disinfectants and pharmaceuticals have saved more lives
than any other chemical in the history of the human race. The largest source of sodium
chloride is obviously the ocean. There is a limitless supply.

Source – “Chlorine - The Great, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly!” (http://ezinearticles.com/?Chlorine---The-Great,-the-Good,-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly!&id=1985065)

Ammonia has a pH of 11.6. ( http://answers.ask.com/Science/Chemistry/what_is_the_ph_of_ammonia)

Some chemical/physical properties of ammonia are:
• At room temperature, ammonia is a colorless, highly irritating gas with a pungent, suffocating odor.
• In pure form, it is known as anhydrous ammonia and is hygroscopic (readily absorbs moisture).
• Ammonia has alkaline properties and is corrosive.
• Ammonia gas dissolves easily in water to form ammonium hydroxide, a caustic solution and weak base.
• Ammonia gas is easily compressed and forms a clear liquid under pressure.
• Ammonia is usually shipped as a compressed liquid in steel containers.
• Ammonia is not highly flammable, but containers of ammonia may explode when exposed to high heat.

And indirectly from these comes sal ammoniac ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ammonium_chloride), which is slightly acidic at a pH of about 5.

When talking of Volatile alkalis what sort of pH are we talking about?

Ghislain

solomon levi
06-22-2012, 12:39 AM
When talking of Volatile alkalis what sort of pH are we talking about?

Ghislain

I'm not sure. One imagines that the acid and alkali would form a neutral salt, but in most of
my experiments, it is still alkali and pulls moisture from the air (deliquescent).
But maybe this was incomplete merging on my behalf.
Does anyone know if Steve Kalec measured the pH of his?
Or has anyone measured their own?

I didn't taste or ascertain the pH of my natural method of Sharkey's, which is more complete IMO.
The salts are clear see-through crystalline like Steve's.
In the "Sharkey's soap" quick method, I don't get the same results. I get a white salt/soap still alkaline.

If you have potash in vinegar for a length of time, you will find some clear "ice" crystals.
I haven't measured or tasted these either.

True Initiate
06-22-2012, 12:47 PM
The trick of volatizing Alkali is to saturate the Alkali with the acid so that it cann't neutralize it anymore and then destill the acid+alkali over the helm.

This operation was taught to the third degree initiates of R+C Order and the whole operations and some of the teachings from that degree were published 300 hundred years ago in treacherous book called Die theoretischen Brüder, oder zweite Stuffe der Rosenkreutzer.
http://books.google.at/books?id=xVJMAAAAcAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=die+Theoretischen+Br%C3%BCder&hl=de&sa=X&ei=LWjkT4DOLcPj4QTJ9fXCCA&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q&f=false

There you will find there the four radical solvents, Vegetable, Animal, Mineral and Universal solvent of R+C Order including general (given to all) and secret instructions of the Dry Path givent only to the members of R+C. For example this is how the Vegetable radical solvent was prepared by R+C members:

http://img104.imagevenue.com/loc358/th_036944987_3_122_358lo.jpg (http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=036944987_3_122_358lo.jpg)

and then:
http://img193.imagevenue.com/loc89/th_036926422_1_122_89lo.jpg (http://img193.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=036926422_1_122_89lo.jpg) http://img263.imagevenue.com/loc389/th_403692666_2_122_389lo.jpg (http://img263.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=403692666_2_122_389lo.jpg)

You can find the english translation of this same book in RAMs collection in folder THEORICUS.