PDA

View Full Version : purpose of life

solomon levi
06-21-2012, 11:58 PM
There are many perspectives on this, some more involved and personal than others.
I was just noticing a similarity between some of my favorites, some of the simplest...

In the Ramtha School, one is taught that the only mandate the Void/Source/God has for us is to make
known the unknown, and there are no limitations/judgements on that.
Inelia Benz claims her only purpose/reason for existence is to raise the vibration of the planet, the collective.
Castaneda's don Juan says the reason for all sentient beings is to enhance awareness. (see Fire from Within)

For me, these are all synonymous, and to be conscious of them enhances the quality of our lives.
I would almost say that to be unconscious is to be unconscious of these aspects of purpose.

IMO, it is important not to confuse this purpose with meaning.
The meaning of life seems more subjective to me.
Meaning is what we give things after, upon reflection.
Meaning, as I define it, is a superimposition of one's limited knowledge.

Ghislain
06-22-2012, 05:36 AM
As I have said before, I believe that the purpose of life is to experience whatever you can.

However the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything comes from the
supercomputer, Deep Thought, specially built for this purpose. It takes Deep Thought 7 million
years to compute and check the answer, which turns out to be 42.

Douglas Adams the author of Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy says that there was no hidden
meaning to the choice of the number 42. He looked out into his garden one day and picked a
number which turned out to be 42 and thought, ‘that will do’.

Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy)

What Adams probably didn’t realise at the time is that that is how all truths are realised... just
plucked from thin air...so on that assumption I will keep 42 as the given answer, which leaves me
with the purpose of life is “to experience whatever you can + 42” :)

Ghislain

Krisztian
06-23-2012, 12:52 AM
As I have said before, I believe that the purpose of life is to experience whatever you can.

I liked to imagine it as we burst into physicality, slow our frequency, in what can be called involution; eventually, the soul, journeys back towards Home, in the evolutionary process (I don't mean Darwinian) as it gains experiences upon experiences, turning it into learned knowledge called wisdom, and evolving back to the great unknown and undefinable vastness that already-has-what-it-will-have, The All, God.

Part of being human is one adventure. As the sons and daughters of God, gods and goddesses making their way back to the promised land, increasing their frequency, breaking the chains of addiction to the planes left behind, right into the infinite courtyard, the house of God.

Ghislain
06-23-2012, 06:43 AM
I can go with that for now Krisztian :)

Ghislain

Awani
06-24-2012, 11:39 PM
All good points.

I think life is a school, and if we don't learn anything we won't graduate. As simple as that. So in this sense the most vile repulsive human being can, if before death, s/he understands/learns something profound transcend into the higher planes more so than a 'good' person that has not really learned anything at all. At least this is one way of looking at it.

:cool: