PDA

View Full Version : living stones - awareness

solomon levi
06-25-2012, 11:04 AM
What could it mean to be living Philosophers' stones?
For one, we would be capable of tinging others and raising the vibration of our environment.

And how far is this from what is?
We are hyper-aware of how things happen to us, how they tinge us.
Why are we not aware of how we happen to others, how we tinge them?
How we "happen" to the universe? Why should one be more true, more emphasized?

A simple matter of perspective, of awareness.
Awareness is the most simple and most complex... it is all.

What is is what is whether you are aware of it or not.
But how greatly different, and not different at all, is it to be aware of this.

We are already tinging stones, but what difference it makes to be aware of it.

Such is the parable - a treasure buried in your yard, and you didn't know it.
Such is the Fool arcana, the elements of magic/magician he carries with(in) him in
the unopened bundle on his stick/staff. The Fool is unaware.

I can't state enough the significance of awareness.
It is the Spiritus Mundi of "spiritual alchemy"; the difference between chemistry and alchemy.
Philosophical "substances" are infused with awareness/SM.
This makes all the difference in the world, yet materially no difference is noticed.
("Chop wood, carry water")

Nibiru
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
I really like what you're saying here Solomon!! I've always wondered about those special individuals who seem to be able to bring change in vibrations and consciousness. Individuals like shamans, spiritual leaders, healers, musicians, artists, great comedians, etc., I had never considered it before, but It makes since that they could be The Stone personified. When you experience the pure awareness that you speak of, where do you feel that it originates? For example with everyday awareness, if I focus on it's origin, it seems to originate from the front center of my head. Where does one focus in order to experience a pure awareness?

Krisztian
06-25-2012, 07:54 PM
What could it mean to be living Philosophers' stones?

One could reason, if we look at how the stone itself is described, a person could probably then exemplify that quality. We know from descriptions that the Stone of the Wise is the highest concentration of energy within the smallest captured space. That's why when you poke it with a needle it pops-out-of-reality. It can also kill any organism in too large of dose.

So, based on that brief description, may be we can generate that energy within the human body to raise the frequency of it's space. I know of qi-gong (by practice) can be useful; I've made charged water (like thunderstorm water) with Van de Graaff generator; vegetable tinctures and elixirs; extended period of meditation (i.e., 2 to 3 hours), etc. . . . But probably the one factor that's most important is the quality of each thought, creative, lofty, loving, etc.

P.s. I know that people on this Forum will probably get tired of me saying but, I think a labile state, an emotionally charged, up and down, state of living, disrupts such spiritual evolution. That's why I maintain that when the real Stone knocks on your door, your personality with-all-that-it-implies will be quite clean, tame and peaceful.

Awani
06-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Often when I improvise on my guitar having a good jam I kind of become a living stone. It is a very special and addictive state of mind but always with a bad come down, a feeling of leaving a state of bliss.

:cool:

Krisztian
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Often when I improvise on my guitar having a good jam I kind of become a living stone. It is a very special and addictive state of mind but always with a bad come down, a feeling of leaving a state of bliss.

That sounds like a 'flow experience', good for you dev.

Something I didn't say in the previous posting - and I must admit I love this topic the most - is that I noticed that I've been guided to concentrate mainly on a series of alchemical symbols, one in particular, Crowning of Nature. I believe another way to be the Stone, is to daily visualize the alchemical hieroglyphs and images adepts-of-the-past left behind of what the Stone is.

I've made it my daily meditation practice to absorb the images. For solomon levi, you know Ramtha's discipline of C & E, I suggest you explore it with the images; I have.

P.s. Thanks again for starting this thread. It is by far my most favorite of topics!

solomon levi
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I really like what you're saying here Solomon!! I've always wondered about those special individuals who seem to be able to bring change in vibrations and consciousness. Individuals like shamans, spiritual leaders, healers, musicians, artists, great comedians, etc., I had never considered it before, but It makes since that they could be The Stone personified. When you experience the pure awareness that you speak of, where do you feel that it originates? For example with everyday awareness, if I focus on it's origin, it seems to originate from the front center of my head. Where does one focus in order to experience a pure awareness?

Thanks Nibiru. :)
Yeah, I think I know what you mean with the frontal lobe as they call it.
My answer is that pure equals whole and the awareness is in every cell of your body,
so we get out of heads/thinking and into our bodies/sensing/present.
But I also notice there is a brain path for that - the energy moves from the frontal lobe/forehead
back into the center and down into the midbrain and brainstem, our older reptilian brain, and from
there into the spinal column and every cell of the body.
If you've felt that body vibration or paralysis while going to sleep, it's something like that - aware
of the whole body at once, not a part at a time. Lucid awake is the same awareness of lucid dream.

"The difficulty." says Castaneda, "is to learn to perceive with your whole body, not just with your eyes and reason. The world becomes a stream of tremendously rapid, unique events. So you must trim your body to make it a good receptor; the body is an awareness, and it must be treated impeccably."
- Time magazine interview
http://www.nagualism.com/carlos-castaneda-time-magazine-interview.html

Then we have the nondual position. The nondual presence is without a center. Experiences in between here
and there, center and no center, are to enlarge the center; to perceive a bigger picture of the whole.
So if we can move our attention from our heads to our whole body, we can move it from our body
to other bodies, to the earth/gaia, to the universe...

So it's a two-way answer, I guess. You can try a path/process, or sometimes it just happens all at once (nonduality).

Personally, I like to emphasize the awareness of no time - everything that has ever happened and will ever
happen has happened in the present. Enlightenment or the P stone is not a future event. No one has ever
experienced the future save presently. So the present is the Presence, the Pleroma (fullness), and Sunyata
(emptiness). From Presence/"Here" we can have immediate contact with all "theres" - no process/time.
We can tinge ourselves with particular aspects, or we can tinge Infinity with ourselves. :)

Nibiru
06-26-2012, 08:30 AM
Thanks Nibiru. :)
Yeah, I think I know what you mean with the frontal lobe as they call it.
My answer is that pure equals whole and the awareness is in every cell of your body,
so we get out of heads/thinking and into our bodies/sensing/present.
But I also notice there is a brain path for that - the energy moves from the frontal lobe/forehead
back into the center and down into the midbrain and brainstem, our older reptilian brain, and from
there into the spinal column and every cell of the body.
If you've felt that body vibration or paralysis while going to sleep, it's something like that - aware
of the whole body at once, not a part at a time. Lucid awake is the same awareness of lucid dream.

"The difficulty." says Castaneda, "is to learn to perceive with your whole body, not just with your eyes and reason. The world becomes a stream of tremendously rapid, unique events. So you must trim your body to make it a good receptor; the body is an awareness, and it must be treated impeccably."
- Time magazine interview
http://www.nagualism.com/carlos-castaneda-time-magazine-interview.html

Then we have the nondual position. The nondual presence is without a center. Experiences in between here
and there, center and no center, are to enlarge the center; to perceive a bigger picture of the whole.
So if we can move our attention from our heads to our whole body, we can move it from our body
to other bodies, to the earth/gaia, to the universe...

So it's a two-way answer, I guess. You can try a path/process, or sometimes it just happens all at once (nonduality).

Personally, I like to emphasize the awareness of no time - everything that has ever happened and will ever
happen has happened in the present. Enlightenment or the P stone is not a future event. No one has ever
experienced the future save presently. So the present is the Presence, the Pleroma (fullness), and Sunyata
(emptiness). From Presence/"Here" we can have immediate contact with all "theres" - no process/time.
We can tinge ourselves with particular aspects, or we can tinge Infinity with ourselves. :)

Wow!! Question answered, thank you my friend :)

solomon levi
06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
That sounds like a 'flow experience', good for you dev.

Something I didn't say in the previous posting - and I must admit I love this topic the most - is that I noticed that I've been guided to concentrate mainly on a series of alchemical symbols, one in particular, Crowning of Nature. I believe another way to be the Stone, is to daily visualize the alchemical hieroglyphs and images adepts-of-the-past left behind of what the Stone is.

I've made it my daily meditation practice to absorb the images. For solomon levi, you know Ramtha's discipline of C & E, I suggest you explore it with the images; I have.

P.s. Thanks again for starting this thread. It is by far my most favorite of topics!

Hi Krisztian.
You're welcome. :)
Explore C and E with the images?
Do you mean explore the images with C and E?
Or explore how C and E is revealed in the images?

Krisztian
06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi Krisztian.
You're welcome. :)
Explore C and E with the images?
Do you mean explore the images with C and E?
Or explore how C and E is revealed in the images?

I must say, I used Ramtha's C & E to focus on the old alchemical images; ones that stirred my soul, so to speak. It has brought out some rather interesting connections, and led me to find my 'life-thread' more in terms of what alchemical experiments to pursue and how. I have done C & E on images illustrating the Philosopher's Stone, etc. (I'm not sure whether you do, but I use C & E daily for various pursuits, etc. It has done wonders to my life since starting it in '98!)

P.s. May be in the future, you can lead some discussions on why pursue something like the physical making of the Philosopher's Stone. No pressure; just a suggestion. You usually get the conversations up and running, as the Americans say.

Krisztian
06-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Old manuscripts tell us, that it's strongly encouraged that the alchemist must do what he must to foremost preserve his physical body. It was suggested so, for that 'buys' time, to live long enough to complete the Magnum Opus.

I have always found that 'tip' intriguing. Anyone else?

Krisztian
06-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I have heard once, an older master say when asked how to become "The Stone", according to him, the effort is something like it would require 30 years of investment of every day meditating for 30 minutes without fail! He said it's possible in one lifetime, but the dedication needed is beyond most people's motivation.

As one can tell I love this Thread.

MarkostheGnostic
06-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Personally, I like to emphasize the awareness of no time - everything that has ever happened and will ever happen has happened in the present. Enlightenment or the P stone is not a future event. No one has ever
experienced the future save presently. So the present is the Presence, the Pleroma (fullness), and Sunyata (emptiness). From Presence/"Here" we can have immediate contact with all "theres" - no process/time.
We can tinge ourselves with particular aspects, or we can tinge Infinity with ourselves.

I like this! This is about a 'fully realized eschatology,' versus the 'partially realized eschatology that Christendom professes. It reads like Orwellian 'double-think,' when one sees that the victory over death has occurred with the sacrifice of the Son of Man. Not where I'm sitting it doesn't - not historically anyway! Unless one sees biblical promises as moments within the Eternal Present, (or facets of one Diamond Body), New Testament proclamations simply do not make sense. Paul's insistence that the end of history was near, and that unmarried people should not trifle with marriage because of the proximity to the end of time (and that nobody is married in Heaven), is perhaps the most obvious misunderstanding of Christianity. Paul is important because, whereas the historicity of Jesus can be called into question, few people doubt the existence of Paul (even if the epistles and certain other books are Pseudo-Pauline [unless Paul had multiple personalities]).

If the author Thomas was the most accurate, and Thomas supposedly took Christianity to India, yet it looks more like India had a more profound effect upon Thomas! His gospel is about immediate Realization of the omnipresence of Christ [consciousness]. "Jesus says: 'I am the light which is on them all. I am the All, and the All has gone out from me and the All has come back to me. Cleave the wood: I am there; lift the stone and thou shalt find me there!'" -Jean Doresse translation of Logion 77, The Gospel of Thomas.

This theology, with no mention of the Osirian-derived dismemberment mythos (or flagellation-crucifixion death of Jesus), 'vicarious sacrifice,' or other Jewish via Egyptian themed theology, relates to your statement:

Then we have the nondual position. The nondual presence is without a center. Experiences in between hereand there, center and no center, are to enlarge the center; to perceive a bigger picture of the whole.

I stop short of your Casteneda reference, because I don't want to confound the mysticism of Thomas with an Astral Plane reference, and I think Casteneda's (howsoever fictional) account is about Astral Planes, while Thomas is at least Causal Plane, or Non-Dual (using a Ken Wilber system of classification). I'm re-reading C.W. Leadbeater's The Astral Plane after 40 years, and this book reminded me of something I also read long ago which said that 'the astral body' has all 5 physical senses throughout its surface. I don't know if this is a metaphor for an omnipresence (like the biblical Ophanim - the 'eye-covered wheels-within-wheels' suggest). But directionality of vision suggests a body of sorts with eyes fixed forward, and a plane of form, with bodies and objects, howsoever subtle.

On the one profound astral projection I experienced, I looked down to see my lower body, but it was invisible! Yet I had directionality of vision, and so a subtle body is implied. (Incidentally, I then experienced a jolt of panic, which was accompanied by the realization that I was in two places at the same time - on my bed, and suspended in the air outside my 2nd story window. This resulted in my awareness in the astral body to be whisked rapidly backwards, jack knifing my reclining physical body with another jolt to my Manipura chakra - my Castenedian "gap").

The most life-changing disembodied experience came two years after the one noted above, only my 'I' had been divested of name, body, sensations, memory, thoughts. The Awareness was an infinite expanse of self-effulgent 'clear light' which was aware of itself only as "Unbearable Compassion." When that moment subsided, the Infinite expanse of Compassion was instantaneously transformed into a piercing Infinitesimal point in my Heart. And lo - Mark had returned. An ascension and resurrection moment in combination, and one which has sustained me through life and death-anxiety since 1974. Lama Govinda wrote about the experiences of OM and HUM as complimentary moments of this Ultimate experience. In OM, the finite self dissolve into the Infinite, but in HUM the Infinite 'descends' to reside within the finitude of the human heart. I have believed for decades that Lama Govinda had described the inner workings of the Egypto-Christian myths of death-ascension-resurrection in transpersonal terms. Sorry, I did not mean to go off like this, but I did want to complete my thought. :o