PDA

View Full Version : Wilhelm Reich and the Electric Universe

vega33
06-27-2012, 05:33 AM
Almost 70 years ago, Wilhelm Reich made an incredible discovery while studying human sexuality. He discovered a system of tension -> charge -> discharge -> relaxation, occuring not just in the human sexual act, but in cellular life and inorganic matter which had been specially treated known as bions.

Yet Reich's discovery did not exist in a vacuum. Earlier than him, a man named Sanford Bennett (http://www.rexresearch.com/bennett/bennett.htm), experimenting with techniques to renew the lost vigor of his youth, found something which was later reflected in the works of Reich: lack of circulation and lack of pulsatory movement in the muscles and organs could cause the buildup and crystallization of unwanted material - uric acid crystals for example, which could cause gout. His writings bear testament to his success - he reversed the apparent age of not only his face but his whole body including the circulatory system, with only a series of exercises he designed to bring circulation to all the areas of the body individually.

Bennett's system was simplicity itself, and as any alchemical student knows simplicity is the true way of Nature. His methods for reversing the condition of varicose veins and the circulatory system recalls to some extent current methods used for treating edema and circulatory conditions, such as compression stockings and pneumatic sleeves/intermittent pneumatic compression. His system was published in 1912, and is now languishing largely unknown in the pages of RexResearch.

Bennett and Reich share a common theme - there exists in life a pulsatory motion which is a rhythmic contraction and relaxation, along with a flux and reflux between parts which could be called a communication (partly shown by Reich's description of "streaming" or "vegetative currents"). Yet their work is predated by that of the Hermetic philosophers, such as the principles described in the Kybalion of rhythm and vibrations as phenomena common to all life. This is really ancient, simple stuff which can be observed by any human being with a pair of functioning eyes and a brain.

This pulsation occurs in other areas of nature and science, one of the areas we see it most obvious is in the realm of alternating current, and light's apparent wave/particle duality. I'm sure I'm not the only one (http://www.rogermwilcox.com/Reich/orgone_radiation.html) who has noticed the connection between Reich's bions "giving him a tan" and "hurting his eyes", and the effects of ultra-violet light, a medium which has of late become quite popular in research circles lately around the absorption and scrambling of frequencies in the 380nm range in known carcinogen molecules (Source (http://www.wddty.com/human-energy-fields-fritz-albert-popp.html)).

Rather than making this a dissertation, I want to ask you the reader your opinion on the connections between light, the electric universe theory (http://www.electricuniverse.info/Introduction), orgone, and the phenomena of pulsation and muscular armoring in the field of health. There seems to be many connections between these areas that have yet to be fully explored by the online community, particularly around methods of improving health through the connections between orgone energy and electromagnetism.

Hoping for some lively discussion here. :cool:

Andro
06-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Excellent find, Vega! (I mean the work of Sanford Bennett and the related principles it implies).

One other link you posted some time ago on another thread (a book about Cosmo-Electro Culture) also made a point about the need for a PULSE in polarized fields if we wish to witness a positive effect.

The series of pdfs postulates something that many others (Leedskalnin, Schauberger, Davson, Ighina, and yes even Moray to some extent) have put forward before - the idea of the polarized entities (north and south pole magnets for instance in Leedskalnin) making up all matter, and all life in particular. To quote part 4:

When we realize that our bodies are made up of "polarized entities," and that the erth is a great magnet revolving in a universe of polarized energies, then we shall understand that the more we are in harmony with these COSMIC energies, the more benelit Nature will bestow upon us.

To which I replied:

I think the Author of 'Cosmo-Electro Culture' stresses a very important point:

Natural Fields (Human, Planetary, etc...) have a Natural Rhythm to them, like a Pulse or even a Breath/Cycle.

We don't get this Rhythm/Pulse (I assume, according to this Author) from Fields generated by man-made permanent magnets, for example.

From what I gather from the text, this Natural Rhythm/Pulse is of utmost importance for achieving the beneficial effects.

My grandmother lived close to 100, and she used to INTUITIVELY perform very similar exercises every morning. She didn't read anything, she just somehow 'KNEW'.

Here are the direct download links for the two books:

Exercising In Bed (PDF) (http://www.rexresearch.com/bennett/exercisinginbed.pdf)

Old Age : Its Cause & Prevention (http://www.rexresearch.com/bennett/bennett-oldage.pdf)

And the accompanying exercise video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yaPFDKKXX_8):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaPFDKKXX_8&feature=player_embedded

Krisztian
06-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Almost 70 years ago, Wilhelm Reich made an incredible discovery while studying human sexuality. He discovered a system of tension -> charge -> discharge -> relaxation, occuring not just in the human sexual act, but in cellular life and inorganic matter which had been specially treated known as bions.

You know, this series of exercises (in the video) you Androgynus posted, reminds me of The Five Rites. Check here if unfamiliar: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Tibetan_Rites I have found them very important energetically over the years; so much so, I never miss a morning without performing them!

Thanks.

vega33
06-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks Androgynus/Krisztian,

Yes, I've no doubt the Five Tibetan Rites probably work on a similar principle; there being only five of them but many in Bennett's system. the communication between parts, flux and reflux I mentioned, seems to be to do with keeping a regular "circulation" -- Pernety's so called "wings of Mercury".

I've tried on and off for the better part of a day to compose the remainder of this post, linking spagyrics to magnetohydrodynamics etc, but for now all I have to say is: it sure seems to work and is based off principles I've validated in meditation utilizing the body as the lab. I think it's cool to see the linkup, and I had noticed similar stuff with a relative of ours who lived to be around 110.Their secret was walking -- regular leg compression and the circulation associated with it :D.

Andro
06-30-2012, 08:45 AM
magnetohydrodynamics

First time I see this word :)

But definitely not the first time I see the principles it conveys...

For example, we can look at images of classical Athanor designs and observe similar principles at work: Circulating water used as part of a pulsating magnetic system.

I would say there are very important clues and connections to be made by observing these principles at work in a variety of applications :)

Krisztian
06-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks Androgynus/Krisztian,

Yes, I've no doubt the Five Tibetan Rites probably work on a similar principle; there being only five of them but many in Bennett's system. the communication between parts, flux and reflux I mentioned, seems to be to do with keeping a regular "circulation" -- Pernety's so called "wings of Mercury".

I've tried on and off for the better part of a day to compose the remainder of this post, linking spagyrics to magnetohydrodynamics etc, but for now all I have to say is: it sure seems to work and is based off principles I've validated in meditation utilizing the body as the lab. I think it's cool to see the linkup, and I had noticed similar stuff with a relative of ours who lived to be around 110.Their secret was walking -- regular leg compression and the circulation associated with it :D.

I have done The Five Rites, every day, for at least 9 years now. And I can tell you, that my body morphed noticeably! My girlfriend made a joke that I guess had a grain of truth to it, when she said my body looks, the muscle shape and curvature, like a baby's. I kid you not! (I'm sure I'm going to have to endure a few teasing from others for posting that detail, but I think she has a point.)

It seems from viewing that posted-video, that the muscles are awakened regularly. Thanks again for posting the video. I'm fascinated by alternative approaches to health.

solomon levi
07-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Something very Reichian IMO is the alchemical collection period
between the ram and the bull. I often thought, considering the alchemical doctrine
of no extremes, it unusual that the year starts with a cardinal fire sign in aries
and then jumps right into a fixed earth sign. But considering Reich, this is
perfect conditions to manifest the next sign in the series, mutable air of gemini -
twin mercury.
Consider the paths that delineate this process of collecting this airy water/mercury
in rain or dew (cancer - cardinal water).

solomon levi
07-04-2012, 11:43 AM
While reading more Carlo Suares I found this applicable to Reich's discovery:

"The explosive and compressive qualities of the One Universal Energy are apparent everywhere in their relationships ranging from the totally prevailing explosive thrust in those galaxies that rush at almost light-speed towards their annihilation, down to the fantastic substances compressed to a density of thousands of tons per cubic-foot detected in some astral bodies. In every metal, rock, living cell, blade of grass, tree, insect, animal or human being, the cabalist looks, sees, observes, learns and knows what the relationship is between the explosive and compressive qualities of the One, and what its process is. He therefore can name the thing, in terms of Energy. That is the nature of the sacred language."

vega33
07-04-2012, 08:13 PM
One interesting connection here is John Ott's "Exploring the Spectrum". It shows the effects on cellular repair and various biological functions or behaviors (eg: aggression, docility, etc) of various light spectra including recognition of the possibility of the contribution of X-Ray radiation from TVs as a contributing factor towards things like "tired child syndrome"; effect on the sprouting/growing of various types of mold, etc.

Very interesting video. Ott was originally working for Disney making time lapse films, but basically ended up in a full career in photobiology. He was pointing out that the absence of a full spectrum (including the green and higher frequencies) rather than the presence of the lower frequencies, was responsible for the negative effects of some kinds of lighting, such as the "warm whites".

I come back to Pleasanton's book on the influence of the blue ray of sunlight and what it says for the influence of the electromagnetic spectrum on life, and to people like Thomas Vaughan saying in their writings "I wish to discourse of light", naming their writings "Lumen de Lumine", "New Chemical Light", "Splendor Solis", and all sorts of other titles to do with the same spectrum. It's all linked ;)

thoth
07-04-2012, 10:03 PM
I like that idea of Kelders five rites of rejuvination, being to do with the life energy being released through the whole length of the spine, for perfect health. The idea that blockages stop the energy flow from the base of spine to higher regions - a bit like withering on the vine/spine.

That would explain why we start to go grey from the top down, crown, the eyebrows, then the first few grey chest hairs, and then when you are really really ancient, the lower regions go grey, or so I'm told. :)

I guess the exercises flex the spine to allow the flow again. Would some kind of heated mould going the length of the spine have similar effects in getting the flow going (Kelder advises against sudden cold conditions which could negate the exercises) , or would a series of strong magnets have similar effects - would want to get the polarity correct could have opposite effect.

It's as if the spine is a kind of antenna for life energy .....

Krisztian
07-04-2012, 11:56 PM
I guess the exercises flex the spine to allow the flow again. Would some kind of heated mould going the length of the spine have similar effects in getting the flow going (Kelder advises against sudden cold conditions which could negate the exercises) , or would a series of strong magnets have similar effects - would want to get the polarity correct could have opposite effect.

I find it that my body 'overheats' just right after the exercise is complete. (Not like after traditional cardiovascular-exercise; it's a different experience.) My pores sweat increasingly. But in about 15 minutes my body seems to go very cold below 'normal', and I need blankets. I usually do it during my early morning exercises.

Do you practice it?

solomon levi
07-05-2012, 01:02 AM
I am very fond of the five rites as well, though I haven't done them for a while.
It's not just flexing the spine, Thoth, but also awakening the energy of vital energy
centers and tensing/squeezing the chi to flow, somewhat like Taoist chi packing IMO.
The effect of these simple rites is impressive.

Krisztian
07-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I am very fond of the five rites as well, though I haven't done them for a while.
It's not just flexing the spine, Thoth, but also awakening the energy of vital energy
centers and tensing/squeezing the chi to flow, somewhat like Taoist chi packing IMO.
The effect of these simple rites is impressive.

When I read about them, originally, I didn't think much of them. They looked too simple. I did my first set, more than it was recommended, something like twice as much. Then, I had as surprisingly as it may be 'labour pains', couldn't get out of my bed, sick to my stomach, abdominal pain, etc. That got my attention! And respect.

I may have missed 2 days in the last many, many years. I do it, how do they say, religiously.

thoth
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Hi Krisztian and Sol, I got the book about 10 yrs ago and just tried them briefly at the time, not seriously at all, but recently I've changed direction a bit.*

I feel i am aging faster than i should be - i'm in early 40's and already have gray eyebrows. I' m not interested in the vanity of it but see it as a sign that i am doing something wrong. I had being trying high potency vitamins from the US for the last few years , thinking I was low on biotin /zinc /folic acid */PABA / (maybe copper) I don't believe going gray is just hereditary, maybe the cause or deficiency which actually causes premature greyness is hereditary

But recently I was going back to the eastern way of thinking, that it's the life force what I am really low on, so the 5 rites really seems to fit in. I've only just started doing them again since this thread, but I'm goin to stick with it twice a day for the next 2 months and see do I notice any changes.

One of the references at the end of the Wiki entry for The 5 rites is by the chap who was involved in the reprint, he stresses that it is not yoga but something different.
http://jr-books.com/EoR-Article-081203-Origins.html

Have you tried you tried Kum Nye which he seems to think is very similar to the 5 rites ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kum-Nye-Waking-Up-Beginners/dp/1844130118/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t/277-6178286-8512746

I had also tried the exercises described in the book on this current thread, the cloud of violet light, and do feel I benefited from that
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2993-Saint-Germain-on-Alchemy

I'm interested in any way I can take in more of the life energy, any biologic magnets which I can use .....

How about that for a convoluted roundabout bit of thinking :)

Krisztian
07-06-2012, 02:09 AM
I feel i am aging faster than i should be - i'm in early 40's and already have gray eyebrows. I' m not interested in the vanity of it but see it as a sign that i am doing something wrong. I had being trying high potency vitamins from the US for the last few years , thinking I was low on biotin /zinc /folic acid */PABA / (maybe copper) I don't believe going gray is just hereditary, maybe the cause or deficiency which actually causes premature greyness is hereditary.

One of the major reasons for premature aging or, signs that your body is struggling, has to do with stress!

University of California recently put out a study about people who regularly meditated over a 3-month period, they had more active telomerase, an enzyme that helps preserve telomeres. It just doesn't get any more clear than this study that our stress contributes to health issues of all kinds.

But recently I was going back to the eastern way of thinking, that it's the life force what I am really low on, so the 5 rites really seems to fit in. I've only just started doing them again since this thread, but I'm goin to stick with it twice a day for the next 2 months and see do I notice any changes.

I have regularly engaged in the Five Rites for the past 9 years. It doesn't recommend that you do them twice a day. If you want more benefits, do the sets of exercises faster with proper posture of course.

Krisztian
07-06-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm interested in any way I can take in more of the life energy, any biologic magnets which I can use .....How about that for a convoluted roundabout bit of thinking :)

Cultivate your mind by calming it down daily. Overtime, for we're looking for 'balance', your physical body will benefit from the chemicals it elicits during prolonged periods of calmness. Once the personality is based on this state, your body will not age as fast.

Do Qi-gong. Go to a park nearby, allow Mother Nature to integrate into you with Her Majestic energy. Do this regularly. I recommend the support of John Milton, take a look: http://www.amazon.com/John-P-Milton-Develop-Strength/dp/B000B73H9I If you can find it elsewhere for cheaper, do so.

P.s. There's no escape! Our body is merely a reflection of our mind.

solomon levi
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Well, according to the book/author, there is the 6th rite for youthfullness; it involves chastity.

thoth
07-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Hi, ... well as you mention it I have had a constant stress for the last several years looking after a dying parent at home, the then the financial aftermath with no immediate end it sight, so maybe you're right about the stress.

Yes the 6th rite, not the most ideal time to try that one right now !! If you know what i mean, but would be well able to do whats required, over a long duration, when a bit more free maybe sometime in the future. I did do a bit of an experiment in the past along that line, for quite a while, thinking there would be some spiritual development, but there was no noticeable changes. I did not know about techniques such as the the 6 th rite at the time. Strangely I did do a sort of variation of it without knowing

Thanks for the suggestions guys..

Krisztian
07-07-2012, 02:27 AM
Hi, ... well as you mention it I have had a constant stress for the last several years looking after a dying parent at home, the then the financial aftermath with no immediate end it sight, so maybe you're right about the stress.

Legendary pharmacologist Candace Pert has exhausted the connection between emotions and the development of unwanted circuitry of neurochemicals. And their impact on the biology of the body.

Hang in there. Anyone who looks after their dying parent is a saint, in my eyes. People in today's society just turn a cheek. I wish you the very best.

Yes the 6th rite, not the most ideal time to try that one right now !! If you know what i mean, but would be well able to do whats required, over a long duration, when a bit more free maybe sometime in the future. I did do a bit of an experiment in the past along that line, for quite a while, thinking there would be some spiritual development, but there was no noticeable changes.

The following is just my opinion, take it or leave it. Either way works. Spiritual development of any kind, one that actually stays in our life, means being the teachings (whatever those may be). So, anyone who "tries" a teaching that's kind of like setting oneself up for failure and disappointment. It's like playing tennis without the tennis-racket; if you believe you can hit the tennis ball with your palm, hey, why not.

vega33
07-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm glad to have stirred the thoughts of several people here in thinking about Qi practices. That is definitely a very entertaining area of the hermetic art. One thing I wanted to try to get some thought on was the light.

I.C.H., that free man who annotated the Compass of the Wise so nicely, has this to say about alchemy at the start of Naturweg:

The Almighty God, creator of Heaven and Earth, he works in
the light (Psalm 104),
the light in the spirit,
the spirit in the salt,
the salt in the air,
the air in the water,
the water in the earth,
and the earth is the womb of all, or equally their workshop, from which and wherein they work.

This light, this electromagnetic spectrum, is one (or more, depending on perspective) of the primary forces of the universe, manifested in the air as a subtle electricity due to the charged ions of salt in the air, "negative ions" of the modern age; manifested in crystals in the sphere of earth, and as the earth's thermals in the water sphere. Generative pools of the earth's metals, juncture point of heaven and earth.

Hmmmmmmmn.... :D

thoth
07-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Hang in there.

Thanks Krisztian

vega33
07-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Let me spread this veil of words a little thinner.

Theophilus Philaletha writes in The Theosophical Hall of Wonders of this astral spirit: it is the light of life, Mumia Vitalis, Galidum nabivum, Lumidum radical, Mercurius vitae, which is of a pure, spiritual, and divine being, which the common man, whenever he catches sight of it, calls heaven (sky), whose countenance appears blue and consists of light and air and a magnetic nitre.
-- Hermes Trismegistus (Naturweg)

We have for a long time known you as theblue mantle of your friends in trouble. This charitable cloakhas suddenly grown larger and your noble shoulders are nowcovered by the whole azure of the sky and its great sun.
-- Fulcanelli's master, in the letter given in Mystere des Cathedrales

What color did Reich's bions glow again? Ahh thats right. Blue.

We also have Madame Blavatsky's curious assertions around the blue ray, which she no doubt culled from the work of General Pleasanton, although his theories have never been seriously investigated by science and are considered pseudo-scientific; just like Reich :)

And then there's the work of Ott why is it that experiments run on various species (rats, beavers, etc) showed similar results: absence of the blue/violet spectrum causing problems with fertility, as well as more agitation/aggression in the animals?

There's something in this, but sadly photobiology is a very small field.

solomon levi
07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Reich's sand bions also burnt his skin with UV.
Did he not create Sol? :)

vega33
07-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Reich's sand bions also burnt his skin with UV.
Did he not create Sol? :)

Yup, albeit I think we could be talking about a wider frequency band than just UV here. von Welling put the hint in his book when talking about the light that the moon puts off even when dark, and thats part of where I picked up on it in my experiments. He was also pointing out that you couldn't have success in the experiment of creating the so called oil of the wise without help from the Father of Lights. Different light frequencies affect the growth of plants and animals, why not also minerals and the stone? The molecules of each have their particular resonant frequency band based on their size/density distribution. And while light cannot have a great impact in mediums which are solid, due to the lack of an intermediary (the water), in the realm of the solution and crystallography it can have a great impact.

I'm reminded of a certain forum members work on Fulcanelli and his possible identity... the whole story of his (Fulcanelli's presumed identity) interest in light and its effects on life, the naming of rayon, etc.

Krisztian
07-17-2012, 06:53 PM

I'm hoping that my comment adds to your assertions; I must confess, I can't often reliably tell whether I'm fully understanding people's comments.

It comes from my lived-experience, for at the end of the day I trust wisdom.

Some years back now, I noticed to my surprise that whenever I moved my hand, initially in the dark, there would trail a light-blue replica of my physical hand. It's sort of like a slow cursor on the computer-screen. Nowdays, I see it during daylight. It's something like my blue body, what the Hindu's allude to with deity Shiva. My point is everyone has it.

Does that make sense? Maybe without using the 'eyes' of the blue body, one cannot succeed in some of the alchemical experiments. Any comments?

Krisztian
07-17-2012, 06:55 PM
I shouldn't have pressed 'post' so fast; I left out, that yes, the blue has a glow to it. It's beautiful!

solomon levi
07-20-2012, 12:44 AM
I hope it's ok to post a link related to scalar energy and healing here.
I don't know if you consider it along with "the electric universe".
Technically, scalars are not electric or magnetic, but then neither is Reich.
Scalar waves are non-directional, non-space quantities, existing in the time domain of space-time.
They exist beyond the third dimension as a storehouse of potential energy and information, and yet that
potential can be accessed through the third-dimension by manipulating transverse waves via phase conjugation.
Phase conjugation refers to two waves in phase spatially, but 180 degrees out of phase temporally.

Simply put, scalar waves, aka standing waves, longitudinal EM, appear to be the aether, the quantum vacuum,
not of this world and yet they create this world... the axis mundi (they don't change position/direction).

Anyway, I just learned all this and it seems alchemically significant.

Here is one of the best intro videos I came across - the guy talks slow, but it is rewarding IMO.
I am referring to the THIRD video. I haven't watched the other two.
http://www.thehealinguniverse.com/videos.html

solomon levi
07-20-2012, 05:33 AM
For blue light, creating suns/stars, sound and alchemy, etc, see here at 2 minutes and 25 secs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHMix37my6o&feature=related

also search "star in a jar"

III
07-21-2012, 04:24 AM
Let me spread this veil of words a little thinner.

We also have Madame Blavatsky's curious assertions around the blue ray, which she no doubt culled from the work of General Pleasanton, although his theories have never been seriously investigated by science and are considered pseudo-scientific; just like Reich :)

And then there's the work of Ott why is it that experiments run on various species (rats, beavers, etc) showed similar results: absence of the blue/violet spectrum causing problems with fertility, as well as more agitation/aggression in the animals?

There's something in this, but sadly photobiology is a very small field.

Hi Vega,

Well, in humans all those symptoms can be attributed to Vitamin D deficiency and the effects of blue/violet light on parts of the retina in terms of neuro biochemistry. Lack of UV light means lack of vitamin d in humans. Its the same for iguanas and and reptiles as they need a daylight with UV emitting bulb for their habitats or they will be ill and die. I suspect it's much the same for most mammals too. Lack of blue and violet screw up plants as well cauing abnormalities in flowering and growth. The liver can build up stores of vitamin D as a fat soluble vitamin. It may not be anything more that. However, this inflow and outflow of energy is something else.

solomon levi
07-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Violet is the portion of the spectrum where red and blue meet, the serpent bites its tail, microcosmically.
This is just the small band of visible light.
Naturally, it is the first color we encounter leaving our mundane view, but there is much beyond this.

vega33
07-23-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm hoping that my comment adds to your assertions; I must confess, I can't often reliably tell whether I'm fully understanding people's comments.

It comes from my lived-experience, for at the end of the day I trust wisdom.

Some years back now, I noticed to my surprise that whenever I moved my hand, initially in the dark, there would trail a light-blue replica of my physical hand. It's sort of like a slow cursor on the computer-screen. Nowdays, I see it during daylight. It's something like my blue body, what the Hindu's allude to with deity Shiva. My point is everyone has it.

Does that make sense? Maybe without using the 'eyes' of the blue body, one cannot succeed in some of the alchemical experiments. Any comments?

Yes, at the end of the day for me that one who has hewn out her seven pillars is the best of all too. This is perhaps 5th or more attempt to write this response and every time something gets in the way of posting a response that I feel warranted.

Thanks for posting; and its funny you mention Shiva. I have an interesting relationship with him, part of which relates to me starting this thread. I had written a big long response to this post complete with all sorts of references and then lost the post on submission, so perhaps what I had to say is not ready yet. One thing involves infrared radiation (heat radiations) and the fact that the overtones of infrared lie in the near ultraviolet region. Thus by "careful regulation of the heat" one could possibly evolve this high energy radiation.in the blue and ultraviolet spectrums.

Also, there seems to be aspects in the literature on this subject that indicate the concept of the two types of energy: the thing that we usually think of as light - the radiative, propulsive aspect of a compressed core of energy seeking equilibrium with its outer environment, and the "magneto-electric", "coherent biophotons" kind of image where all the force is directed internally into maintaining a partially closed and self re-inforcing system. It is this aspect I think Reich most often referred to when describing orgone, although Reich's bions with their "orgone energy" had this high-frequency light energy as part of their outward visible manifestation.

So anyway: what is it that happens when air enters our lungs, air that previously contained rays of sunlight that strike our retina containing blue and UV and all the other aspects of the solar spectrum (or whichever spectrum we reside in, such as halogen) enters into the darkness spiralling down the tubes of the nose into the lungs, delivering this fire sealed in air into the watery bloodstream, delivering energy to our bloodstream along with the gases used in combustion etc.? These "photons" (if we can even call them that except when we observe them) are delivered to the cells, they piggyback on other reactions, and are essentially turning bio-chemistry into a photonic computer. Unsurprising then when we observe the solar spectrum within our own cells. But definitely there are implications here. I'm interested to evolve the Art beyond its previous glories by experimenting with metallic fermentation in a setup taking this into account, but it will have to wait on the backburner for this artist at least a little while. The reactions of light in the mineral kingdom are quite different to those of the animal and even vegetable kingdom.

Krisztian
07-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Yes, at the end of the day for me that one who has hewn out her seven pillars is the best of all too. This is perhaps 5th or more attempt to write this response and every time something gets in the way of posting a response that I feel warranted.

Thanks for posting; and its funny you mention Shiva. I have an interesting relationship with him, part of which relates to me starting this thread. I had written a big long response to this post complete with all sorts of references and then lost the post on submission, so perhaps what I had to say is not ready yet. One thing involves infrared radiation (heat radiations) and the fact that the overtones of infrared lie in the near ultraviolet region. Thus by "careful regulation of the heat" one could possibly evolve this high energy radiation.in the blue and ultraviolet spectrums.

Also, there seems to be aspects in the literature on this subject that indicate the concept of the two types of energy: the thing that we usually think of as light - the radiative, propulsive aspect of a compressed core of energy seeking equilibrium with its outer environment, and the "magneto-electric", "coherent biophotons" kind of image where all the force is directed internally into maintaining a partially closed and self re-inforcing system. It is this aspect I think Reich most often referred to when describing orgone, although Reich's bions with their "orgone energy" had this high-frequency light energy as part of their outward visible manifestation.

So anyway: what is it that happens when air enters our lungs, air that previously contained rays of sunlight that strike our retina containing blue and UV and all the other aspects of the solar spectrum (or whichever spectrum we reside in, such as halogen) enters into the darkness spiralling down the tubes of the nose into the lungs, delivering this fire sealed in air into the watery bloodstream, delivering energy to our bloodstream along with the gases used in combustion etc.? These "photons" (if we can even call them that except when we observe them) are delivered to the cells, they piggyback on other reactions, and are essentially turning bio-chemistry into a photonic computer. Unsurprising then when we observe the solar spectrum within our own cells. But definitely there are implications here. I'm interested to evolve the Art beyond its previous glories by experimenting with metallic fermentation in a setup taking this into account, but it will have to wait on the backburner for this artist at least a little while. The reactions of light in the mineral kingdom are quite different to those of the animal and even vegetable kingdom.

Very interesting. Make sure you keep me updated on, as I like to say, where the white rabbit takes you?

vega33
08-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I'd like to come back momentarily to the topic of this thread: The idea of which Reich seems to have been somewhat aware - a vital force in the cosmos, seemingly associated with the phenomena of light or its conveyed electromagnetic vibrations.

Benedictus Figulus writes (here (http://www.levity.com/alchemy/figulus.html))

All Natural Art and Wisdom are given by the Stars to men, and we are the disciples of the Stars. The Constellations are our natural teachers. From the light of Nature we must learn as from our father from whom we are made and begotten. The Stars are our lawful instructors, for all understanding and Art come to us from them. God has so ordered it that the natural light is in the Stars, and in the same has He laid the treasure of men to b obtained from them. But what man learns from the stars in all temporal knowledge, reason, art; what also is of the light of Nature must be derived from the same source.

The Masonic Lodge represents on its tracing boards the three Lights of Sun, Moon and Stars (or the blazing star), and one must wonder: why so much speculation about light and fire and their interrelationship in various dialogues such as that of Pernety? People it seemed were pointing out many years ago, or hinting at, the existence of infra-red radiation, in the descriptions of a fire without light, and a light without heat etc, in which different spectrums of radiation in common fire are represented (visible, heat/IR, celestial/invisible high energy like ultraviolet).

But here's the interesting part: if we consider the idea of the body as a photonic/electromagnetic computer, complete with the electrically charged cells as the volatile memory, true knowledge of the way this light operated in the body would offer access to infinite potential treatments for differemnt types of diseases, based on their light spectrums. (Try youtube'ing optogenetics some time)

Going back to what Figulus wrote... there is this idea of the Light of Egypt, the Light of the Stars, the celestial Nile which Raymond Bernard FRC once spoke of in his strange riddle about the source of the Nile in an "iron grotto", aka Grottaferrata. There are the air-shafts of the pyramids and other temples - seemingly without purpose - in actuality, tools for concentrating shafts of light from specific stars so that the priests might attain to wisdom by the grace of the Father of Lights. Might we find a trace of this priestly lineage (at Hermopolis or even better, Heliopolis) in the so called Pyramid Texts of ancient Egypt?

Why was the cat of the witches the same cat venerated by the Egyptian priests under the guise of Ra? One might find the myth of Mau very interesting in this light, especially considering the lunar connections which witchcraft entails (the old battle of the spectrums - solar VS lunar) And what of the so called buttocks kiss of old European art, the ripe symbolism of the opening or womb from which light is birthed or has its birth - in that iron grotto?

Rhetoric? Hell yes. But in a musing kind of a way.