PDA

View Full Version : perception of time

solomon levi
06-29-2012, 11:05 PM
I've called this a singularity. Maybe I mean event horizon.
What I mean by these terms is the approaching of a gravitational force
that is pulling us faster and faster towards something.

Do you feel this?
Does time seem to be speeding up?
Is spirituality becoming easier for you?

Krisztian
06-29-2012, 11:36 PM
I've called this a singularity. Maybe I mean event horizon.
What I mean by these terms is the approaching of a gravitational force
that is pulling us faster and faster towards something.

Do you feel this?
Does time seem to be speeding up?
Is spirituality becoming easier for you?

Most definitely. It's happening, and we're experiencing the many layers to reality.

pneumatician
06-30-2012, 01:17 AM
what "time" do you speak?

the human "time" ? = the velocity of terra spining around sun

the universal "time" ? = the refresh rate of the universe

your personal perception of "time" ?

I think you are tlaking obuot last option, right ? well I have this perception around 7 years ago for only 1 or 2 weeks and after this the "time" returned to normal.

but "time" is like 99% of all "reality" only a ilusion. "time" is perhaps, the clock speed of your internal CPU or main processor :) the electromagnetic reality is the same but with more cpu power your reality is perceived more speedy, but in the end is the same reality.
this question you are asking is maybe a universal or spiritual adjustment, an effect of our twin universe or perhaps the software of the matrix have a crazy virus like these created by demented people with names like: flame, stuxnet...

I once said that some humans are idiots? :)

and now a fuckin? verses

personal perception of "real time"
===========================
How long have or lasts a while?
I'll give you time to think ... .
Time does not exist, does not physically exist
but metaphorically,
so the time last until you physically exist
Why?, Because each has its own time.
Your existence makes your own time there, the one you get.
When you die die also your time.
Perhaps there is time,
others may catalog it,
but you're no longer there to confirm;
your time is over.
Is there time?. I give you time to think.
You are alive, yet you're on time.

solomon levi
06-30-2012, 01:40 AM
It's hard to say or describe.
One option that seems synonymous to me is the spirituality becoming easier.
If time is faster it may be less dense, less material, more spiritual and subtle...
Maybe one relates it to 2012...
Maybe there is a hundredth monkey effect happening in consciousness of the planet...
If the vibration of the planet was rising, would time seem faster?

I don't know how to pinpoint it. I just asked it generally.
All of these are signs, or options. Maybe several influences are working together.
I just used "time speeding up" as a general description.
Maybe others relate to it more as vibration or spiritual consciousness.

To me, time is everything that has measure/separation.
As long as there is someone perceiving something there is time.
So any noticing of less separation could be perceived as time speeding up.

pneumatician
06-30-2012, 02:59 AM
SL say...If time is faster it may be less dense, less material, more spiritual and subtle...

I think is the contrary, no speed of "time", zero point = total conscience :)
"time" more fast = more human craziness, stupidity, fanatism...

SL say: If time is faster it may be less dense, less material, more spiritual and subtle.

read your words, more faster = more dense, like traveling in space, more fast = more dense, incredibly dense, earth is traveling in space :)

2012 ? pure idiotic shit, newton say world end in the yeard 2060...
the wise mayas left the planet earth with the help of the ens of some plant. stayed here only the idiots the fanatical idiots with their religion. the end of this people you already know, slaughtered by other idiots, and genocidal fanatics thirsting for blood and gold.

the human social net don't have salvation, and "god" known this, in the end of every procession of the equinoxes... our earth is put under fire and the scoria is separated, the pure from the impure (fire, an "universal flood"...) in conclusion, save your arse :)
I of course are offline from this idiotic and grotesque "human social net".. hey exist an egiptian "god" named Ketu, in english "The Disconnected", "The Offline" or "The Unplugged" :)

note: when I say 2012 pure... is indiferent for me if in the 12/21 the world explode or a solar storn burn all electric nets and all the nuke reactors explode in a concerto for death and happiness, this is indiferent, what you expect from the "human social net" ? :)

solomon levi
06-30-2012, 03:17 AM
That's why I said "may be". It's relative.
Relative MAY mean "no point arguing". :)

"I think is the contrary, no speed of "time", zero point = total conscience
"time" more fast = more human craziness, stupidity, fanatism..."

Okay. I have no problem with that. Does time feel slower to you?

To me, I am sensing a singularity/event horizon.
This means speeding up; speeding up to infinity.
Maybe speeding into/towards slowness. :)
Approaching slowness faster than we were approaching it before.

Anyway, if people read the whole post they can get the context.
If you read singularity and event horizon, you would know why I say speeding up.

Krisztian
06-30-2012, 05:44 AM
It's hard to say or describe. One option that seems synonymous to me is the spirituality becoming easier. If time is faster it may be less dense, less material, more spiritual and subtle... Maybe one relates it to 2012... Maybe there is a hundredth monkey effect happening in consciousness of the planet... If the vibration of the planet was rising, would time seem faster? I don't know how to pinpoint it. I just asked it generally. All of these are signs, or options. Maybe several influences are working together. I just used "time speeding up" as a general description. Maybe others relate to it more as vibration or spiritual consciousness.To me, time is everything that has measure/separation. As long as there is someone perceiving something there is time. So any noticing of less separation could be perceived as time speeding up.

I meditate regularly. What I noticed was, that my thoughts are more aligned with reality in a much faster rate than previous years. For me, the fabric of reality is changing. No thing seems the same. Thoughts and reality become one and the same, in a much faster rate than before. What I'm thinking today, seems to manifest incredible fast.

So, unless someone centered themselves in spirituality, they're going to have a very rough ride!

Ghislain
06-30-2012, 05:49 AM
Sol

Time for me appears to be speeding up, but I put it down to me getting older.

Weeks pass like days, months like weeks, years like months...

I guess it wont be too long, in that respect, that it will be end of days for me :(

Next chapter :)

Ghislain

solomon levi
07-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Another way of explaining the feeling which may or may not be happening is
if one is entering a new dimension, say 3rd to 4th, or 4th to 5th, there will be so many more options,
so many more ways for our thoughts to manifest, thus spirtuality seems easier.
Alchemically, in multiplication, powers are increased by 10.

Nibiru
07-03-2012, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVdb9027yQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrVdb9027yQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSDdL_ksDQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HSDdL_ksDQ

solomon levi
07-04-2012, 01:02 PM
A video is worth a thousand words. :)

supafresh
07-07-2012, 05:13 AM
I love this young man's observations on the nature of time - being an older person myself, it's nice to see someone very young with such an incite-filled perspective: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivNaiWC6DrE :))) Personally... as I get older, "time" is definitely speeding up for me. But then as Professor Max intimates... time is but an illusion... BTW, there have been clinical studies done on the perceptual differences of time by younger and older people - quite interesting - ask Mr. Google for more information and you should see a few pop up.

Ghislain
07-07-2012, 06:49 AM
There is a lot to learn from Professor Max...Thanks supafresh.

Ghislain

solomon levi
07-07-2012, 02:23 PM
If time is an illusion, which one could argue that everything is an illusion, it's a very useful one.
Without time, there is no magic, no existence, no vibration, no frequency, no space...
If we want to undo the entirety of creation/universe, then we focus on no time.
Otherwise, the most subtle and "spiritual" nature is still time/vibration.
For me, the essence of spirituality is understanding the nature of time.
To call it illusion simply labelling IMO, not understanding.
We call it time without knowing what time is.
We call it illusion without knowing what illusion is.
We say "I" without knowing our totality...
The nature of reality needs to be sincerely investigated.
Saturn is seen as the eldest - it predates the others for a reason.
Alchemy begins with Saturn for a reason.

Calling time an illusion doesn't satisfy me. :)

Illen A. Cluf
07-07-2012, 03:50 PM
If time is an illusion, which one could argue that everything is an illusion, it's a very useful one.

The most fascinating and convincing book on the theory of time that I have ever come across is one called "An Experiment With Time" by John Dunne. I believe it was written during the 1920's and had a large following. It views time as "serial"events.

Illen

Illen A. Cluf
07-07-2012, 03:55 PM
The most fascinating and convincing book on the theory of time that I have ever come across is one called "An Experiment With Time" by John Dunne. I believe it was written during the 1920's and had a large following. It views time as "serial"events.

Illen

Here's an overview of the book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time

Illen

Ghislain
07-07-2012, 07:03 PM
I can’t pretend I can fully get my head around the concept, but everything is NOW.

Think of it like the direction maps you find that have an arrow indicating a point that says
‘You Are Here’ then think how that is always correct because you are where it says you are; at any
given time you can say, ‘I Am Here’, irrespective of where Here is.

You can apply the same logic to Time...at any moment you can say it is NOW. Try saying it is Before
or Later...:confused:

To measure Time you have to imagine it, and then to realise that measurement you have to travel
within it and while doing this everything is changing, all the while you are only NOW. The past is only a
memeory and one can only mentally comprehend the future thus all we have is the present.

The Present is always changing and we experience that change NOW.

Without time, there is no magic, no existence, no vibration, no frequency, no space...

I have to admit that is difficult to comprehend <- written after numerous attempts to try and explain
without success.

In the world of time there is actually nothing happening right NOW, for to happen takes time and NOW is
only a snapshot within the imagined time and that’s the crux because everything only happens Now...
it’s paradoxical.

If time is real you could take the tiniest moment of it and within that there would be an infinite
number of NOWs. Would it not be just as easy to imagine an infinite stack of individual moments
each one a little different from the next and the pile sits in a place called NOW.

Could Time be an illusion we create to try and measure the rate of change of the Present?

Can one disagree that everything is Here and NOW?

Ghislain

solomon levi
07-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, but that isn't all that time is.
It's one dimension of it - to remove psychological time.
Even when we're here and now, everything still vibrates.
Can one disagree on that? :)

"If time is real you could take the tiniest moment of it and within that there would be an infinite
number of NOWs. Would it not be just as easy to imagine an infinite stack of individual moments
each one a little different from the next and the pile sits in a place called NOW."

Yes, that's a bigger picture of time. Some people call NOW the removal of past and future stacks.
Others call NOW the inclusion of all stacks at once. Now looks very different according to your frequency/time.
Everything IS here and now, but you don't perceive the 1st dimension, or 4th or 5th...
Where are they? Here and now, vibrating at different frequencies/times than you, than your trained perception.

zoas23
07-07-2012, 08:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_perception#Long-term

The way in which we perceive time changes as we grow older.... don't forget about that.

When I was a kid studying at primary school, each year was just like a whole decade.... and a one month vacation seemed like a sabbatical year.

Maybe we are simply experiencing a very simple fact: we are getting old!

supafresh
07-07-2012, 09:05 PM
As in alchemy and in life, does the "truth" really reside in the literal interpretation? (rhetorical).

"Time" is a word. According to Webster's dictionary, there are 14 definitions with variants:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/time

I see humans every day creating stagnancy and ultimately misery, due to "paralysis of analysis" - Sol: "Calling time an illusion doesn't satisfy me." - well that's OK, Professor Max isn't there to satisfy you, he's there to teach ;) hehe. What I know (I don't believe in "belief" ha!) is that by definition(s), the *word* "time" is really an attempt to quantify the infinite. So..... if that is not an illusion... what is?! ;-P Curious, Sol, respectfully, did you watch the video (entirely, or at all?)

Think about it... we (citizens of planet earth) place our "time" system ultimately, as Prof Max points out, on the rotation of the earth. What is a second? What is a nanosecond? Who cares, I say, as we only really know about day and night (that is, if we don't live too far north or south) - such a coincidence(?) that as Max points out, we humans have a circadian rhythm that virtually matches the duration of .... "time"... that it takes for our Earth to rotate one time. (Hmmmm.... why is that? ... well as Prof Max said, that is for another lecture ;-P )

As Ghislain points out (you're welcome, by the way - I'm proud of my lil man - he's a sweetheart and an amazing lil soul!), even the word "now" is ultimately an attempt to quantify a "moment" (yet another "word" haha) trying to define an infinitely divisible spectrum of frequencies (AKA spectrum of consciousness?) that can only get smaller and smaller but never reach "zero" - BTW, this the power of the "Casimir effect" (great visual here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect) and the root of the infinite power of the "vacuum" in which we reside in a fine balance (at the "zero point"), thru the magic and PROTECTION of the magnetic "dipole" (which is what everything, down at least to the atomic level, up to the largest living organism, REALLY is), with everything we sense, as humans (with our senses directly or with our "machines") being only that tinnnnny portion of the infinite spectrum, which to us is only "observable" from scalar waves and down to gamma.

(people even want to argue about "scalar" waves so check out https://www.google.com/search?sugexp=chrome,mod=13&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=scalar+longitudinal+waves%5C)

Most people today can't imagine or "believe" in instantaneous communication or travel - as science and scientists like Hertz, capping our thinking via the notion of transverse waves being all there is... or even Einstein cleverly intimating that the "c" in E=mc^2 is really the speed of light, and not JUST a "time" constant... thereby conning us to believe that the speed of light is really a cap on communication or travel "speed"... "time"... how many people know that "c" is truly INFINITE... and NOT capped at 300,000 km/sec)

We measure the most energetic wavelengths as the smallest, and vice versa (gamma being the "smallest possible," according to our machines which seemingly always coexist with our "theories" of the way things really are) - yet, take the most energetic (shortest wavelength / highest frequency / highest "energy") gamma wave that we as humans, with machines or not, can "detect"... and chop that in half (use arithmetic... or break out a calculator and divide by 2... hehe... sorry, just a good-natured joke... :) ). Then do it again. And again. Where does it stop? (rhetorical, again.)

Where does that place us in the "Universe?" In my mind, it makes us infinitely small, which should IMO be incredibly humbling and ego-smashing, if any concept is. Also, it points out how close minded most people are (not in this forum, that is for certain, but in general... those masses that "science" places with its supreme authority "in the box.")

Want to see something that will show you what's really coming? "It's all good..." :

http://www.thrivemovement.com/home

Imagine that... someone from the "Elite" who dared to step "down" and talk in plain language (10+ of them, God bless him...) to the world about "what is realllllly going on...." !!!

Enjoy :-)

supafresh
07-07-2012, 09:09 PM
"Maybe we are simply experiencing a very simple fact: we are getting old!"

older and wiser... however - "time" can be controlled in every aspect. "Time" will tell and show us all that, in due "time"! :)

I know what you mean about memories as a kid... even a school day used to feel like an eternity to me too... now the days flash by... damn... it's really 14:08 already... you have GOT to be kidding me.... !!! :-|

solomon levi
07-07-2012, 11:50 PM
I watched the entire video.
Time being an illusion just puts it on par with everything else.
What is permanent? What doesn't change? What is eternally "real"?
Only one thing - the unconditioned, which isn't a thing.

"We place our time system on the rotation of the earth."

I'm not disputing that part. It's just not all that time is.
It's like if I had a broken leg so everyone always refers to me as the broken leg guy.
Is that all that I am? That's what you're doing with time. Time is everything, not just clock time.
Not just circadian rhythm. There are countless rhythms.

If you included my arguments in with yours, this would be a different conversation.
How do you explain vibration? How can vibration not be time/frequency?
Circadian rhythm... galaxies thousands of light years away from our sun are vibrating,
not to the circadian rhythm. Time is everywhere, in everything. Earth around the sun
doesn't begin to capture time any more than broken leg says who I am.

Yes, we're infinitely small; but also infinitely large.
If you get that, why have a problem with me saying time is much more than the circadian rhythm?
than psychological time? than a clock on the wall?

For me, as soon as you have two/separation, you have time-distance-space.
Gamma is one kind of time. Hertz is another. These are different states of consciousness/time.
As long as there is subject and object, observer and observed, you have time.
Being now/present is significant. It collapses a dimension of time. I've spoken about this alot here.
Of course I don't disagree. Past and future are illusions. But that isn't all that time is.
I've posted my favorite Castaneda/don Juan quote several times already. I'll do it again.

"When I talk about time, I am not referring to something which is measured by the movement of a clock. Time is the essence of attention;
the Eagle's emanations are made out of time; and properly, when one enters into any aspect of the other self, one is becoming acquainted with time.
The wheel of time is like a state of heightened awareness which is part of the other self, as the left side awareness is part of the self of everyday life.
It can physically be described as a tunnel of infinite length and width; a tunnel with reflective furrows. Every furrow is infinite, and there are infinite
numbers of them. Living creatures are compulsorily made, by the force of life, to gaze into one furrow. To gaze into it means to be trapped by it,
to live that furrow." - "The Eagle's Gift"

You ask if I watched the video? I'm not sure you read my post. Can you argue anything I said? Did I say something untrue?
I just have a different relationship with time, very intimate. When time isn't "just an illusion", it reveals its secrets.
Of course I'm not talking about a clock or circadian rhythm. I am talking about all rhythm. As the Hermetic wisdom states -
All is rhythm. Everything vibrates.
Even illusions vibrate. Doesn't that strike you?

solomon levi
07-08-2012, 12:12 AM
Here's an overview of the book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time

Illen

"Henceforth, Dunne believes that we are existing in two parallel states, which requires a complete rethink of the way that we understand time."

Two is better than one. But how about infinite parallel states?! (refer to Castaneda quote)
Unless the two reflect eachother as infinite mirrors, then two suffices, which is the truth IMO. :)
The two are the eternally real/permanent unmanifest and the manifest; that is, the One and the subject-object relationship
in various degree of distance/frequency/time.

"The Aboriginal people of Australia, for example, believe that the Dreamtime exists simultaneously in the present, past and future, and that this is the objective truth of time, linear time being a creation of human consciousness and therefore subjective."

That's my view as well. When people say time is an illusion, they refer to subjective time.
I agree. I've argued the rediculousness of subjectivity all over this forum. :)
The circadian rhythm, for example, only tells us about people living on earth.
The rhythm would be different on other planets. This one rhythm out of billions should not
be our only measure/definition of time.

"Kabbalah, Taoism and indeed most mystical traditions have always posited that waking consciousness allows awareness of reality and time in only a limited way and that it is in the sleeping state that the mind can go free into the multi-dimensional reality of time and space (examples: "Dreams are the wandering of the spirit through all nine heavens and nine earths," The Secret of the Golden Flower, trans. Richard Wilhelm). Similarly, all mystery traditions speak of the immortal and temporal selves which exist simultaneously both within time and space and without.

There are also parallels with classical relativity theory, in which time and space are merged into "spacetime", and time is not absolute and independent but is dependent upon the motion of the observer."

This is my experience. Time is not, absolutely, an illusion. It is a part of every thing.
Time is the essence of attention.

Ok - done arguing. Experience time however you like everyone. :)

solomon levi
07-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Shit - one more argument.
Since/if time is an illusion, I'm sure you don't enjoy music.
I'm listening to music now. It moves me. There are an infinite number of songs.
Tell me about time/tempo. Music is an illusion, right?
I guess Pythagoras and many others wasted their time on an illusion??

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNSN_jyZryksXqbiyjYgrod72yRKfFR wUVI5-cR3Ekpj5Fc7ZDSQ

LOL - wasted their time.

Ghislain
07-08-2012, 02:54 AM
I am less sure about time than I ever was. There seem to be so many contradictions...

I created a pic of Vibration and NOW to explain how a vibration could exist in the Now,
but all I found was that I could not explain it for to experience the vibrations you would
need a series of Nows and that this could easily be interpreted as a length of Time.

Could NOW be a unit of time? :confused:

http://genius.toucansurf.com/Vibration.jpg

In the pic above, at the point of NOW there would be no vibration, just a point along it
therefore if one could live in the NOW would all vibration cease?

As you mentioned in the other thread Sol, "off topic? (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3013-off-topic&p=23148#post23148)", we should not wander too far from
the subject of the thread and thus I have to repeat my original answer; yes time is speeding
up for me.

This brings up another question however...

When you have one of those days that seem to fly by...you look at your watch and exclaim,
"my goodness, is that the time already!", does everyone feel the same time slip or is time relative
to the person that is experiencing it?

Ghislain

solomon levi
07-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Well, if electrons stop spinning around a nucleus, if planets stop revolving,
if your heart stops beating or your cells stop feeding and excreting, etc, etc...
That would be the NOW? That's not the now I've seen. The now is still very much alive.
We can all define things as we like, but that now where there is no vibration is the unmanifest,
the undoing of the perceiver, of all existence. If that ever happened, or is always happening, you couldn't be there to see it.
You + that event = 2 = time-distance.

Your question is about subjective time. The guy that has a hot date tonight
is going to have a different speed throughout his day than the guy who's going to go
home to his wife and kids with nothing new to look forward to. This is psychological/subjective time.
Of course "subjective" is relative. Circadian rhythm is subjective relative to cosmic man.
Now is relative/subjective compared to All Nows experienced at once, as one.

It's true about infinity of times. The micro-now is the picture you give if we stop vibration.
The macro-now is all nows, in time and out of time, past, present and future, experienced as One moment/now.
There are infinite frequencies between these two infinities. :)

Well, what I said in the "off topic" post is that the author should declare it.
We'll see if others agree or not. But as far as I'm concerned, it's fine.
If a moderator wants to make a new thread of this, I'm fine with that too.
Probably should be, huh?

supafresh
07-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Since/if time is an illusion, I'm sure you don't enjoy music.

Actually, I love music. I have said for years - "music is infinite" - :-) In fact, I have produced over 40 songs, 30+ being my wife's - check out http://Sahara.ws (#5 is my current favorite of the ones she has up there) - if I didn't enjoy music... none of those would be there (go to iTunes to see the latest 7 released) - anyways - all is good - everyone has their perspective; we are all the same in that fact :)

-M$

ps: not sure what's up w/ this forum - I can't send messages and I just got this:

"Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.''

maybe pasting that will let me send now................ ;)

I'm listening to music now. It moves me. There are an infinite number of songs.
Tell me about time/tempo. Music is an illusion, right?
I guess Pythagoras and many others wasted their time on an illusion??

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNSN_jyZryksXqbiyjYgrod72yRKfFR wUVI5-cR3Ekpj5Fc7ZDSQ

LOL - wasted their time.

solomon levi
07-08-2012, 01:54 PM
It doesn't seem you seriously want to talk about time - picking at trivialities.
You wouldn't love music without time, and the time we're talking about
now is not the circadian rhythm or clock time.
Nor does your "illusion" of time keep you from making and enjoying music.
So by your actions, contrary to your words, calling time an illusion doesn't satisfy you either.

Ghislain
07-08-2012, 11:42 PM
When I was younger and it was mentioned (i cant remember the exact story so help me out here :)) that in theory someone went into space
at a certain speed and flew around a certain pointthat when they returned they would be younger than the person who stayed...

The closer you get to the speed of light the slower time becomes...and other stuff like that.

I thought what poppycock...time is measureable we have clocks, if someone leaves this place and returns to this place after a given time
then both of us will have travelled the same timespan hence no difference...but I was wrong and time really does speed up and slow down
depending on the speed and direction one travels and it has been proved using atomic clocks on aircraft...Hafele–Keating experiment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hafele%E2%80%93Keating_experiment)...

I can't get my head around why any more than I can around Time being an illusion...I have to keep an open mind and say its a possibility
that I just dont understand yet.

I know how baffled I am at some optical illusions...

http://www.optical-illusion-pictures.com/images/icon4.jpg (http://www.optical-illusion-pictures.com/paradox.html)

and they are quite simple to understand so something like time :confused:

Click on the pic for more opticals...

How much don't we percieve?

Gihlsian

Krisztian
07-08-2012, 11:43 PM
I just remembered that Tsarion in one segment from "Atlantis, Alien Visitations & Genetic Manipulations" (DVD Series) under his Origins & Oracles mentions that 'time is speeding up'. And that the experience of 24 hours is nearing 18 hours (per day) as we approach some (I don't recall now what) point of nexus.

Has anyone else recall what he refers to?

solomon levi
07-09-2012, 12:01 AM
Another item I would associate with time "speeding up"
is if you experience the resolution or feedback of karma more quickly.
I remember when candy bars cost a quarter.
I also remember when karma was from past lives, or something that took years to resolve
or come back to me. Now karma is something that reveals itself as soon as I do something
or sometimes within a couple hours.
For me, this was the result of my own efforts and awareness. But it is an example of collapsing time.

If you don't like the word "karma", there is still something that I am pointing to here which is the subject,
whether you believe or experience karma or not.

So I'm seeing both I guess - both subjective and "objective"/environmental.
But I agree that if there is a "speeding up" of time/consciousness it doesn't mean everyone will feel it the same.
I see that it will be a splitting, just as there already exists a splitting - some people see and hear me now
and some people don't (not that it centers around me - it's just an example). You guys probably know people that can't see or
hear you, maybe even family members. But also probably don't associate that with time distortion.

Some mentioned time speeding up associated with growing old.
But what is growing old but a different time. If it takes you 35 minutes to walk to
the post office and back when it used to take 25, time seems to be going faster.
Older people even think slower. To call this "just growing old" is to be unaware of the
aspect of time in everything. "Time is the essence of attention".

Here's another view, scientific, on time which applies to attention as well, if you see it.
Sound travels approximately 4.3x faster in water than air, and 15x faster in iron than air.
This is very alchemical IMO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_sound

Time/saturn is our initial subject. If you don't see time, how will you begin the work?

solomon levi
07-09-2012, 12:15 AM
"Here's another view, scientific, on time which applies to attention as well, if you see it.
Sound travels approximately 4.3x faster in water than air, and 15x faster in iron than air.
This is very alchemical IMO."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f5/FA-18_Hornet_breaking_sound_barrier_%287_July_1999%29 _-_filtered.jpg/220px-FA-18_Hornet_breaking_sound_barrier_%287_July_1999%29 _-_filtered.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FA-18_Hornet_breaking_sound_barrier_(7_July_1999)_-_filtered.jpg)

The human being is surrounded by and made of energy.
These energy bodies are associated with earth, water, air, fire,
and sometimes the planets or something else depending on the system.

A "ghost" is occupying one of these other bodies.
They are often seen as mists or veils or vapors.
There is often felt a coldness in such an area where a ghost is present.

Look at the pic - breaking the speed of sound.
The air is condensing into vapor because of the coldness created by the
compression of air. Why? Time.
This is very alchemical. A ghost/spirit is vibrating at a different frequency/time, but there
are ways to make them appear.
There is a thread on ectoplasm somewhere.
I don't feel like looking for it. :)

Krisztian
07-09-2012, 12:18 AM
But I agree that if there is a "speeding up" of time/consciousness it doesn't mean everyone will feel it the same. I see that it will be a splitting, just as there already exists a splitting - some people see and hear me now and some people don't (not that it centers around me - it's just an example). You guys probably know people that can't see or hear you, maybe even family members. But also probably don't associate that with time distortion.

In this genre concerning the assertion (for this Forum isn't the first to post it) that 'time is speeding up', there's a piggy-back assertion, that two worlds are being teased apart; I mean, two Planet Earths. One is descending back down again on the galactic snake we call Universe, and the other, shifting gear, so to speak, ascending upward, on that same galactic snake.

In a way, both paths exist on the same Planet, but they occupy different frequency! So, on the other hand, they'll be quite different, in terms of physics, nature of reality, role of consciousness, environment, etc. It's a crude example I know, but a propeller in stationary position looks different from when it's spinning in high velocity. Yet it's the same propeller, just ask a kid.

For those who ran across it from means of spiritual groups, Forums, etc., one assertion can't be excluded from the other.

Any thoughts?

solomon levi
07-09-2012, 12:32 AM
I gave some thoughts here in a thread called "Rapture"
(which I somehow forgot to keep up with).
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2125-rapture

I don't see two planet earths happening. Not clear cut like that.
I see it more individual and subjective.

chrysopoeia
07-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Now karma is something that reveals itself as soon as I do something
or sometimes within a couple hours.
For me, this was the result of my own efforts and awareness. But it is an example of collapsing time.

If you don't like the word "karma", there is still something that I am pointing to here which is the subject,
whether you believe or experience karma or not.

You could call it karma. Maybe you could call it a self-regulating principle. It seems to be subjective and based on personal truth-feeling-fantasy. It is something which you can experience during the day in normal everyday interaction.

You can also experience self-regulation as a kind of natural mechanism of regulation when you are working with emotions and dreams. A dream can cut into and reduce an emotion felt in the wakeful state. It is necessary for balance to be maintained.

solomon levi
07-09-2012, 03:19 AM
You could call it karma. Maybe you could call it a self-regulating principle. It seems to be subjective and based on personal truth-feeling-fantasy. It is something which you can experience during the day in normal everyday interaction.

You can also experience self-regulation as a kind of natural mechanism of regulation when you are working with emotions and dreams. A dream can cut into and reduce an emotion felt in the wakeful state. It is necessary for balance to be maintained.

Yeah, it's also the golden rule. I observe that when this "rule" is seen as a suggestion/option, there is more time
between events "sin" and resolution. When seen as a description of an universal principle - the measure/judgement
you mete to others defines you - then there's no waiting for the reaction of it. Reminds me also of the quantum
principle of observation affecting observed/reality.
The more connected we are to the universe, the more we can see ourselves in everything. Reality is a mirror.

solomon levi
07-09-2012, 03:40 AM
This could be it's own thread, but I feel it is really related to the discussion
that happened here:

Ring-Pass-Not

A profoundly mystical and suggestive term signifying the circle or bounds or frontiers within which is contained the consciousness of those who are still under the sway of the delusion of separateness and this applies whether the ring be large or small. It does not signify any one especial occasion or condition, but is a general term applicable to any state in which an entity, having reached a certain stage of evolutionary growth of the unfolding of consciousness, finds itself unable to pass into a still higher state because of some delusion under which the consciousness is laboring, be that delusion mental or spiritual. There is consciously a ring-pass-not for every globe of the planetary chain, a ring-pass-not for the planetary chain itself, a ring-pass-not for the solar system, and so forth. It is the entities who labor under the delusion who therefore actually create their own rings-pass-not, for these are not actual entitative material frontiers, but boundaries of consciousness.

A ring-pass-not furthermore may perhaps be said with great truth to be somewhat of the nature of a spiritual laya-center or point of transmission between plane and plane of consciousness.

The rings-pass-not as above said, however, have to do with phases or states of consciousness only. For instance, the ring-pass-not for the beasts is self-consciousness, i.e., the beasts have not yet been enabled to develop forth their consciousness to the point of self-consciousness or reflective consciousness except in minor degree. A dog, for example, located in a room which it desires to leave, will run to a door out of which it is accustomed to go and will sit there whining for the door to be opened. Its consciousness recognizes the point of egress, but it has not developed the self-conscious mental activity to open the door.

A general ring-pass-not for humanity is their inability to self-consciously participate in spiritual self-consciousness.

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/ocglos/og-qr.htm

Each of these rings is time/consciousness related, and self-imposed by "the measure you mete".
Inability to notice time is such a ring.
This reminds me of something Bel Matina said recently in BRAShITh:
"I don't personally carry the baggage of adherence to doctrine, though I did grow up hearing it and it's shaped my understanding of the root. For me, it affects less the structure of things than what I pay attention to. I have to assign new meaning to ideas like the word of God, the name of God, the Torah, mitzvos, etc."

Certainly put "time" on that list, IMO.
"Time is the essence of attention." - Castaneda

solomon levi
07-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Another goodie from Peter Russell.
"The White Hole in Time"
This gives an interesting perspective on time, and some
points on evolution similar to mine that I've been talking about lately:
http://www.peterrussell.com/TV/vidcall/WHIT.php

Nibiru
07-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I think this film is quite relevant to this thread. It contains talks from several different speakers who have quite a bit to say about time speeding up and the perception of time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-55p1Al9k&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-55p1Al9k&feature=related

Ghislain
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the video Nibiru

The part I can really relate to in the video above
is from 2:13:20 to 2:17:43 taken from the video,

Esoteric Agenda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiCU6Jw0Co&feature=relmfu)

I shall have to watch this next.

Exciting isn't it :)

Ghislain

Nibiru
07-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the video Nibiru

The part I can really relate to in the video above
is from 2:13:20 to 2:17:43 taken from the video,

Esoteric Agenda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJiCU6Jw0Co&feature=relmfu)

I shall have to watch this next.

Exciting isn't it :)

Ghislain

Hello Ghislain :)

Yes, I feel we're quite blessed to be alive in such changing and exciting times!! If you liked the snips from "Esoteric agenda", you may also want to check out his other films that I've linked in a couple of other threads. "Kymatica" and "Ungrip" are both worth watching IMO..

Solomon, I realize that a large portion of the video I posted above is not on topic with the 'perception of time' but felt that there was enough relevant information to warrant posting it here. I hope it's in line with your vision for this thread.

Axismundi000
07-21-2012, 08:35 PM
Looking through the wealth of input here all I can add is the common saying:

" a watched pot never boils"

solomon levi
12-07-2012, 03:47 PM
I was going to write a new thread and I realised it may be relevant to this one.
I became aware the other day that the things of spirit, or faster time, which I
am experiencing more and more of are intended to be slowed down into "common
time", the time in which we talk and describe and define and separate and linearize -
sulphur fixes mercury. The mercury solves sulphur stage was my prior learning to
be fluid and detached and as unconditioned as possible. These two go together of
course - they are complimentary. To make heaven on earth is to be able to describe
one's dreams and visions of other times, or nagual's time as Castaneda called it -
to give words to the indescribable by slowing down the frequency with our attention
or concentration until mercury coagulates into sulphur.

Then I remembered Castaneda had said something similar, so I have now verified
yet another Castaneda teaching for myself:

"I will clarify the previously unimagined world of hidden memories which you have been recollecting thru dreaming, memories that you have been incapable of retrieving with your everyday-life memory. As I've said, human beings are divided in two. The right side, which is called the tonal , encompasses everything the intellect can conceive of. The left side, called the nagual , is a realm of indescribable features: a realm impossible to contain in words. The left side is perhaps comprehended, if comprehension is what takes place, with the total body; thus its resistance to conceptualization. All the faculties, possibilities, and accomplishments of sorcery, from the simplest to the most astounding, are in the human body itself.
Taking as a base the concepts that we are divided in two and that everything is in the body itself, our time together has been divided between states of normal awareness; on the right side, the tonal , where the first attention prevails; and states of heightened awareness, on the left side, the nagual ; the site of the second attention.
I have lead you to the other self by means of the self-control of the second attention through dreaming . However, I have put you in direct touch with the second attention through bodily manipulation in the form of a sound blow on your back. The result of that blow is entrance into an extraordinary state of clarity. It seems that everything in that state goes faster, yet nothing in the world has been changed. That is to say, the world is the same but sharper. You stay clear until I give you another blow on the same spot to make you revert back to a normal state of awareness.
In those states of heightened awareness you've had an incomparable richness of personal interaction, a richness that your body has understood as a sensation of speeding. The richness of your perception on the left side has been, however, a post-facto realization. Your interaction appeared to be rich in the light of your capacity to remember it. You became cognizant then that in those states of heightened awareness you had perceived everything in one clump, one bulky mass of inextricable detail. You've called this ability to perceive everything at once--intensity . For years you have found it impossible to examine the separate constituent parts of those chunks of experience; you have been unable to synthesize those parts into a sequence that would make sense to the intellect. Since you were incapable of those syntheses, you could not remember. Your incapacity to remember was in reality an incapacity to put the memory of your perception on a linear basis. You could not lay your experiences flat, so to speak, and arrange them in a sequential order. The experiences were available to you, but at the same time they were impossible to retrieve, for they were blocked by a wall of intensity.
The task of remembering, then, is properly the task of joining our left and right sides, of reconciling those two distinct forms of perception into a unified whole. It is the task of consolidating the totality of oneself by rearranging intensity into a linear sequence."

So you can probably imagine how this relates to the feeling of time speeding up.

The parallels to NLP chunking are considerable:
http://www.life-enrich.com/en/articles/nlp/techniques/chunking-chunk-up-or-chunk-down

This is also the example of making known the unknown (and making unknown the known).
I once said that we "fell" to get here, so a similar reverse "fall" is necessary to get back.
Well that was a false messiah statement. In the first place, I don't even know if the point is
to get back. Or if there is a point at all. I do know there are options. We can go back or we
can go forward. But if one wanted to, a "fall" is not necessary, as I've explained above. But
it is an option - the two paths, wet and dry; or Castaneda's stalking and dreaming.
Again, these complement each other.

solomon levi
03-27-2013, 07:11 PM
T. McKenna on singularity... I hadn't heard anyone else call it that before. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zOfCgdDijp0#!