PDA

View Full Version : Police State 2012

Awani
07-01-2012, 12:14 AM
‎1 july 2012 = The Police State has finally arrived to Sweden full on. Now we are all suspects, we can all be investigated even if we are not under suspicion of a crime. Sieg Heil!

This is only the last step of privacy horrors that started a few years ago.

In 2008 a law was passed allowing warrantless wiretapping of all communications (including internet and telephone calls) crossing the border. This law went to effect on the 1st December 2009 when all affected ISPs had to provide a copy of border crossing traffic to the authorities. While it is believed that other states have similar wiretapping programs, Sweden is the first nation to publicize it.

Due to the architecture of internet backbones in the Nordic area, a large portion of Norwegian and Finnish traffic will also be affected by the Swedish wiretapping. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_surveillance#Sweden)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h18/deviadah/forum/swedenfacism.jpg

Pirate Bay down at the same time... coincidence... I don't think so...

Edit: It is back up now...

...anyway it was not about Pirate Bay really that concerns me, but the fact that I can be under surveillance even if I am not a suspect. They have now the right to check me out if I might commit a crime that only gives a fine. In other words if I talk to my friends on the phone that I want to cross the street when the signal is red they can start logging my phone calls. That is the only reason they need. We all break the law every day. From spitting on the street, jay walking or downloading a film that we would never pay to see... all this means is we are all under surveillance.

This also includes keeping track of where I am even when my phone is turned off!!!

This is nothing new perhaps for those in the USA, but here in Sweden it sure is. Scandinavia have been the last haven of privacy freedom (that is why we have pirate bay etc...). That is all over now. And if Sweden goes that means the whole world is finally finished. All in the year 2012.

Living in the rainforest seems more and more tempting.

:cool: