PDA

View Full Version : Spiritually Enhancing Technologies

Andro
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
This is the thread to post and discuss about auxiliary technologies for self-enhancement, such as various 'gadgets' & 'machines' that can assist in areas such as mind-expansion, alternate states and related...

Where to get this kind of stuff and/or how to make it, practical applications, Ex-Aether-Ra...

At the Monroe Institute, a Japanese guy claimed to own a sort of brain-machine that could get him OOB almost instantly... (Sorry, I don't know the details - didn't bother to ask)

But such 'devices' DO exist, and maybe some of us will find this interesting...

theFool
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
At the Monroe Institute, a Japanese guy claimed to own a sort of brain-machine that could get him OOB almost instantly... (Sorry, I don't know the details - didn't bother to ask)
If anyone interested, I think this comes close to what Androgynous mentions:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_helmet
Here more practical details:
http://altered-states.net/barry/shakti/index.htm (they also sell a device)

zoas23
07-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Blessed be Brion Gysin's Dream Machine!!!!

I have one since 15 years ago and, in my honest opinion, it's one of the most interesting devices or gadgets ever invented.

It is also VERY easy to build one yourself (you mostly need a 78 rpm turntable... just make sure that it's 78rpm, 'cause 45rpm won't do the trick).

A video of my cats with my DM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEUOYo0GhOg

A more serious film about the DM is here: :P
http://briongysin.com/?p=223

You can also find online plans to build one yourself... http://es.scribd.com/doc/19232409/Brion-Gysin-Dreamachine-or-Dream-Machine-Plans

If anyone has a REAL intention of creating one, please let me know about it, because I can help you a lot with some details that the Dream Machine plans do not explain (I don't have any kind of ultra-secret information, it's just some techincal details that are not mentioned there and that can really improve the funcionality of a DM... and which are too long to write if nobody is going to use them).

thoth
07-02-2012, 11:03 PM
I made one of the hemi synch gizmos years ago from plans in one of the electronics magazines.
It was based on the beat frequency theory, ie a 50 hz tone in one ear, and a 57hz tone in the other ear, and your brain hears the difference , a 7 hz "beat" frequency. alpha brainwaves are 7 hz, so the idea is this would provoke the brain into alpha, which is what is measured when people go OOB. I didn't persist with it very long, I got a bit of a quesy feeling in stomach, maybe it was a bit too force.

You can buy hemi synch CDs which play different tones on each earphone. Would be interested to know if anyone has had success with the CDs in going OOB ....

solomon levi
07-03-2012, 11:45 AM
You can find a lot of binaural beats on youtube as well.

Bel Matina
07-03-2012, 12:47 PM
I would caution that, given the state of the art, most such machines are likely to be no more effective, or less for that matter, than the rituals of the old mystery cults, and for the same reasons. If you'd like to know where the state of the art is, I would recommend The Harmonic Mind (http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=10705) edited by Smolensky, Legendre et al. It's one thousand pages and as technical as any academic work, but it's aimed at an interdisciplinary audience and is accessible to anyone with an understanding of matrix algebra and the patience to get through it. It doesn't address what we call in Cognitive Science "Phenomenal Consciousness", but the current implicit consensus is that phenomenal consciousness is a causal step down from cognition, and therefore not worth trying to concretely define until cognition is pretty thoroughly worked out.

That being said have fun and post about it if you get some results :)

Nibiru
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I've had some success by using a device I built last year that's called "baramay". It seems to be able to promote visions and astral-travel. I think it's based on the implosion or concentration of torsion fields within the center or core. I did become fearful of the device and smashed it after some strange experiences began to manifest. The negative experiences could of been unrelated, but in the end it felt wrong to be using unknown persons hair in the core of the device as is recommended in the devices creation..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-whNPqjMY0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-whNPqjMY0

Here's a link to a forum thread where members who have made such devices discuss them: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23603

zoas23, your Dream Machine looks interesting, what effects does it produce? I like the Burrough's sample that's playing in your video, who's the artist?

zoas23
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
zoas23, your Dream Machine looks interesting, what effects does it produce? I like the Burrough's sample that's playing in your video, who's the artist?

Geometric 3D visions spinning 360 around you.. they change all the time.... this is very weird, you can actually see images behind your back... the images follow the rythm of the music if you are playing music... and the mind reaches a very unique dream-like state without feeling sleepy at all.
It is quite hard to describe or explain. It is also very immediate (i.e, if you put a person in an orgone chamber, then some people will say that they feel the energy, whilst some others will say they feel nothing at all... with the DM there's no person who doesn't get the effect... it's impossible to "question" that it works).

As for the music in the video, it is actually William Burroughs himself! The music is by Gus van Sant... it was published in a CD titled "The Elvis of the Letters" by Willliam Burroughs and Gus van Sant.

EDIT: It feels a bit like LSD.

Nibiru
07-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Thank you!! I'll be looking more into this device..

Krisztian
07-04-2012, 12:40 AM
This is the thread to post and discuss about auxiliary technologies for self-enhancement, such as various 'gadgets' & 'machines' that can assist in areas such as mind-expansion, alternate states and related... Where to get this kind of stuff and/or how to make it, practical applications, etc.

I purchased a little while back, a home-made device, that generates positive ions, something like the effect of a waterfall, or similar to the water thunderstorm creates. I have a platinum electrode inserted into the distilled water I use for this experiment, charge it for approx 20 to 40 minutes. Then, I drink it.

It provides an elevated mind state!

I uploaded a photo. I know it's not perfect in detail, but I think you'll get the idea.
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/album.php?albumid=48&attachmentid=648

In the area where I currently live, there're very few if any thunderstorms. That's a problem from my laboratory work. SO, this device is my new helper.

Andro
09-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Video & Comments: New Brainwave Entrainment Stimulates Natural Production Of DMT, Melatonin + Serotonin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsQA9u7baPg&feature=share)

Website: AlchemySoundTherapy (http://www.alchemysoundtherapy.com/optin/)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
No personal affiliation or particular endorsement, of course :)

For information purposes only!

Ezalor
09-09-2012, 02:16 PM
There are hundreds of such devices. Most of them are useless hoaxes, but quite a few actually work. But again from the working ones quite a few is known to have not-very-nice side effects as well.

Honestly, I think even one that does work, and doesn't have known side effects shouldn't be used for the same reason why I think psychedelics shouldn't be used: If you can't achieve something without such aids, it means you are not ready for it. And forcing out an experience you aren't ready for yet proposes many dangers in the sense of spiritual development. Most likely, forcing out such experiences will rather be a drawback for your development than an aid. And on top of that, electronic and electromagnetic fields are generally not very healthy in amounts and power higher than what occurs in nature, and such devices are all much stronger than that. Even a mobile phone is. Maybe you won't get brain cancer from it, but the more artificial radiations and fields affect you, the higher the chance it messes you up. So best is to keep them at a minimum, especially strong ones (so for example, talk on your cellphone as less as possible, for long talks rather use land line).

The only things I consider "safe" in this way, is sounds, them being a very natural form of resonance. No matter if a sound comes from a speaker or a natural resonator, it is the same. The only problem here is that speakers are often unable to correctly reproduce these wide ranges of frequencies, and also microphones can't correctly record them. Usually some ranges will be missing or distorted.
For example, I have a hand-made Tibetan "singing bowl" I bought in West-Tibet. It is very interesting to just sit and sound it, you feel it resonate through your whole body, and has a clearly noticeable effect on your mind state (it calms me, and helps deep thinking, or achieving meditate state of mind). It has two "modes", it can produce a low and high sound, and based on if you let it lay on your flat palm, or you slightly hold onto the bottom of it, it produces dominantly high sound and much less low, or the opposite. If you change the mode in the fly, the high and low sounds gradually change. You can't electronically reproduce that.

So to sum it up, IMO feel free to go on with the listening of special sounds and such, but I wouldn't try the rest if I were you.

Awani
09-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I can't speak about these devices as I have no experience with them, but I can speak about vibrations.

In my view the universe is all about vibrations, so it is worthy to investigate further. Your opinion about not using aids as stated here and elsewhere I 100 % understand because for many years I had the same idea. But I have changed my opinion.

If you are against aids well then you must be against the Stone? I mean the Alchemists are producing aids, using aids etc... in a sense the brain is an aid. I don't know your perspective but is the I of you inside your brain? If it is not then even the brain is a tool.

For me it would be arrogant to think that I don't need help. I am lost in the cosmos trying to figure all this shit out. I need all the help I can get.

Anyway this is my angle on the matter and it all comes from my own experiences, I am sure you have had different ones. Each journey is unique, but they all end in the same place. See you there.

Andro: this is the type of machine I want to construct on a bigger scale/range, and send out these waves on society. Imagine a whole city suddenly in a lucid dream. A sort of Esoterrorism (a word I picked up at the Esoteric Conference I was at). LOL!

:cool:

Ezalor
09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm not against aids, and of course the brain is nothing but a tool, but I'm against brute force. In my opinion such machines and psychedelics are brute forcing something that could be achieved with more gentle aids. An aid, when used correctly, should not be able to push you behind the "I'm not ready for this yet" line, but something that is capable of pushing you into dimensions you cannot go to by yourself pretty much crushes through that line.

Actually, I'm pretty much the an in medias res type, I would jump out of a plane with a parachute already if I know just as much as which thing to pull, but vision inducing machines are in my view far more brutal than that. But then, I also generally think that technology, as a completely material phenomena shouldn't do any more with spirituality than a basic tool for purely physical matters. Making colloidal silver? Sure! But messing with my brain, which operates pretty strongly on the non-material planes, using a purely material device doesn't seem to me a good idea. Like, if you did Alchemical work only on the material plane, what you would get is mundane chemistry, not Alchemy anymore.

At least, this is how I see it. ;)

@ Esoterrorism: ROFL! Well, looking at how spiritually damaged society is already, I guess it couldn't make it any worse, only better. Just tell me before you switch it on so I can put on my tinfoil hat. :P XD

Andro
09-09-2012, 06:54 PM
This is the type of machine I want to construct on a bigger scale/range, and send out these waves on society.
Imagine a whole city suddenly in a lucid dream. A sort of Esoterrorism (a word I picked up at the Esoteric Conference I was at). LOL!

1. 'Eso-Terrarism' - fits you better :)

2. You're incorrigible :) :)

3. Robert Monroe was offered huge amounts of money for his Hemisync technology and all the specific frequencies, but he refused for fear that the tech would be used by 'THEM' to direct controlling waves at the mass population. Anyway, these days, after both Bob and his daughter Laurie died, the Monroe Institute is most likely already entirely controlled by the military - the current directors are all 'ex'-alphabet agencies...

Krisztian
09-10-2012, 01:56 PM
3. Robert Monroe was offered huge amounts of money for his Hemisync technology and all the specific frequencies, but he refused for fear that the tech would be used by 'THEM' to direct controlling waves at the mass population. Anyway, these days, after both Bob and his daughter Laurie died, the Monroe Institute is most likely already entirely controlled by the military - the current directors are all 'ex'-alphabet agencies...

Well, the 'cat is out of the bag'! Take a look at this machinery that sure to produce results: "Long Range Acoustic Device".

I quote from Wikipedia:

(LRAD) is an acoustic hailing device and sonic weapon developed by LRAD Corporation to send messages, warnings, and harmful, pain inducing tones over longer distances than normal loudspeakers. LRAD systems have been used to counter piracy, as non-lethal crowd control weapons, and as communication devices.

According to the manufacturer's specifications, the systems weigh from 15 to 320 pounds (6.8 to 150 kg) and can emit sound in a 30 beam at 2.5 kHz.[1]

LRAD systems are used by maritime, law enforcement, military and commercial security companies to send instructions and warnings over distances, and to force compliance. LRAD is also used to deter wildlife from airport runways, wind and solar farms, nuclear power facilities, mining and agricultural operations and other industrial facilities.
It gets better:

LRAD Corporation was formerly named American Technology Corporation. Carl Gruenler, former vice president of military and government operations for American Technology Corporation said that being within 100 metres (330 ft) of the LRAD is extremely painful, and that it was designed for use in short bursts at 300 metres (980 ft), to give targeted people a headache. He said that "you definitely don't want to be" within 100 m; and, that the device will cause permanent auditory damage.

Well, at least we know it works and that the British Government believes in it:

It was confirmed by the Ministry of Defence on May 11 2012 that the LRAD will be deployed in London during the Olympics. It had been spotted fixed to a landing craft on the Thames.

theFool
09-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Well, the 'cat is out of the bag'! Take a look at this machinery that sure to produce results: "Long Range Acoustic Device".
I think this LRAD device is not even close to what Androgynus means in his post. This device is just a loud speaker, producing high amplitude sound waves. Like having an alarm speaker "shouting" in your ear. You will get a headache for sure. The "masses" can be controled by it, in the same way when you use a dog whistle to repel a dog. Monroe speaks of some other kind of control, more subtle..

The innovation of this device is the ability to send a 30 beam, so that the innocent neighbours are not alarmed by it. The "messages" and "warnings" are sent by voice.

Krisztian
09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Dr. Flanagan's Neurophone? Well, there's always Anchorage's HAARP.

P.s. I'm just adding to the flow of this Thread.

Nibiru
09-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Andro: this is the type of machine I want to construct on a bigger scale/range, and send out these waves on society. Imagine a whole city suddenly in a lucid dream. A sort of Esoterrorism (a word I picked up at the Esoteric Conference I was at). LOL!

It's sad to say that 'they' may have already beaten you/us to the punch. Perhaps you could find a more effective method to cancel out what is already being transmitted to us...

Total Population Control

An overview of the ELF, GWEN towers, and HAARP inter-connection.

By Nicholas Jones From http://educate-yourself.org/mc/mctotalcontrol12jul02.shtml

Earth is wrapped in a donut shaped magnetic field. Circular lines of magnetic flux continuously descend into the North Pole and emerge from the South Pole. The Ionosphere, an electromagnetic-wave conductor, 100 kilometers [62 miles] above the earth, consists of a layer of electrically charged particles acting as a shield from solar winds.

Earth Resonant Frequency
Natural waves are created which result from electrical activity in the atmosphere. They are thought to be caused by multiple lightning storms. Collectively, these waves are called 'The Schumann Resonance', with the strongest current registering at 7.8 Hz. These are quasi-standing [scalar], extremely low frequency (ELF) waves that naturally exist in the earth's electromagnetic cavity which is the space between ground and the Ionosphere. These 'earth brainwaves' are identical to the frequency spectrum of our human brainwaves.

[Frequency nomenclature: 1 hertz = 1 cycle per second, 1 Khz = 1000cps, 1 Mhz =1 million cps. Wavelength: A 1 Hertz wave has a wavelength that is 186,000 miles long, A 10 Hz wave is 18,600 miles long, etc. Radio-waves move at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second)]

HAARP
The Creator designed living beings to resonate to the natural Schumann Resonance frequency pulsation in order to evolve harmoniously. The Ionosphere is being manipulated by US government scientists using the Alaskan transmitter called HAARP, (High-Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) which sends focused radiated power to heat up sections of the Ionosphere, which bounces power down again. ELF waves produced from HAARP, when targeted on selected areas, can weather-engineer and create mood changes affecting millions of people. The intended wattage is 1,700 billion watts of power.

Geomagnetic Waves & GWEN
Sixty four elements in the ground modulate, with variation, the geomagnetic waves naturally coming from the ground. The earth's natural 'brain rhythm' above is balanced with these. These are the same minerals found in red blood corpuscles. There is a relation between the blood and geomagnetic waves. An imbalance between Schumann and geomagnetic waves disrupts these biorhythms. These natural geomagnetic waves are being replaced by artificially created low frequency (LF) ground waves coming from GWEN Towers.

GWEN (Ground Wave Emergency Network) transmitters placed 200 miles apart across the USA allow specific frequencies to be tailored to the geomagnetic-field strength in each area, allowing the magnetic field to be altered. They operate in the LF range, with transmissions between LF 150 and 175 KHz. They also emit waves from the upper VHF to the lower UHF range of 225 - 400 MHz. The LF signals travel by waves that hug the ground rather than radiating into the atmosphere. A GWEN station transmits in a 360 degree circle up to 300 miles, the signal dropping off sharply with distance. The entire GWEN system consists of, (depending on source of data), from 58 to an intended 300 transmitters spread across the USA, each with a tower 299-500 ft high. 300 ft copper wires in spoke-like fashion fan out from the base of the system underground, interacting with the earth, like a thin shelled conductor, radiating radio wave energy for very long distances through the ground.

The United States is bathed in this magnetic field which can rise from ground up to 500 ft, but goes down into basements, so everyone can be affected and mind-controlled. The entire artificial ground-wave spreads out over the whole of the USA like a web. It is easier to mind-control and hypnotize people who are bathed in an artificial electromagnetic-wave.

GWEN transmitters have many different functions including:

1. controlling the weather,
2. mind control,
3. behavior and mood control, and
4. sending synthetic-telepathy as infrasound to victims with US government mind-control implants.

GWEN works in conjunction with HAARP and the Russian Woodpecker transmitter, which is similar to HAARP. The Russians openly market a small version of their weather-engineering system called Elate, which can fine-tune weather patterns over a 200 mile area and have the same range as the GWEN unit. An Elate system operates at Moscow airport. The GWEN towers shoot enormous bursts of energy into the atmosphere in conjuction with HAARP. The website www.cuttingedge.org wrote an expose of how the major floods of the Mid-West USA occurred in 1993.
from here:http://www.bariumblues.com/em_mind%20control.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUjDZB8d8o4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUjDZB8d8o4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVceh8ZLTcQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVceh8ZLTcQ

http://www.bariumblues.com/em_mind%20control.htm

http://www.bariumblues.com/em_mind%20control.htm

I do have a powered orgone generator that can be used to produce positive effects similar but in opposition to what's been stated above(mind-control). The generator plugs into the headphone jack on a stereo or ipod and pulses orgone waves in sync with the music or tones/frequencies that you are playing. The intensity of the orgone field is adjusted with the volume control on the audio device. I'm sure this effect could be mass broadcasted using a device similar to Reich's cloud-buster design:

http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/17/56/95/23/cloudb10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=16&u=17569523)

Krisztian
09-18-2012, 09:45 PM
From the Laurentian University, the research of Dr. Persinger is rather bold, one of his articles entitled: "On the Possibility of Directly Accessing Every Human Brain by Electromagnetic Induction of Fundamental Algorithms". I actually have a hard copy of this journal article, from Perceptual and Motor Skills (1995).

I also found a pdf version just now: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:7dKN6-0H4bEJ:www.livingplanet.be/persinger.pdf+&hl=en&gl=ca&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESg3o1hqL-IwlL0ihKlU3c5m1hf2NlwnBtfuI9o2b1Be665A1gpFCo0JryFU iDfK67sYwYLUTApRurLLYPhjNx35HdB4geFhuOqQJmA3xD5iTT Y4ItyQqGxMbxgJB6JQYcOylV6B&sig=AHIEtbTsOuS1LTKcb10VAusqbd3Xsw2ubw

Enjoy.

Andro
09-21-2012, 09:27 PM
I found a device on the Internet that's claimed to facilitate and/or enhance Lucid Dreaming.

You can just Google: Remee Lucid Dreaming (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=remee+lucid+dreaming&btnK=) and see for yourselves.

Actually, I came across this technology at least 10 years ago in an ad in a New-Age-type magazine, so I guess this is a more 'modern' version of the same.

Conscious OBE (including fully conscious exit & re-entry) is a much more powerful experience than Lucid Dreaming IMO/E, so I'm not really the right guy to ask for recommendations with this technology :p

So - everyone judge for themselves. I haven't tried it, nor do I intend to. Just reporting what I found.

III
10-16-2012, 06:59 AM
I think this LRAD device is not even close to what Androgynus means in his post. This device is just a loud speaker, producing high amplitude sound waves. Like having an alarm speaker "shouting" in your ear. You will get a headache for sure. The "masses" can be controled by it, in the same way when you use a dog whistle to repel a dog. Monroe speaks of some other kind of control, more subtle..

The innovation of this device is the ability to send a 30 beam, so that the innocent neighbours are not alarmed by it. The "messages" and "warnings" are sent by voice.

The LRAD device is NOT just a loud speaker. Many years ago I knew the guy who invented it in SLC It uses two ultrasonc frequencies that cause an audible tone at the intersection like Monroes device for synthecized tones.

theFool
10-16-2012, 03:36 PM
The LRAD device is NOT just a loud speaker. Many years ago I knew the guy who invented it in SLC It uses two ultrasonc frequencies that cause an audible tone at the intersection like Monroes device for synthecized tones.
You are right about how it works. But I believe it is not close to how Monroe devices work. The "tone at the intersection" is audible, that's how it transmits voice. It cannot enforce compliance or alter the mood of someone (except if he obeys to the audible orders).

Well, maybe it could be modified and create a non audible (eg. 4hz) tone at the intersection. This would resemble like having a loud, non audible subwoofer inside your head. But it cannot create the different tones in the right and left ear. Both ears would "hear" a 4hz tone.

Just my opinion, I haven't done any serious research on this.

Andro
10-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Monroe didn't have 'devices' (except for research, like measuring, sensory deprivation environments, tone generators and recording machines which moved from analog to computer based).

Monroe had Hemisync frequencies, which need to be played THROUGH HEADPHONES in order to achieve the difference/'beat' frequency inside the head.

If I'm not mistaken, LRAD used to be a groundbreaking approach to revolutionize conventional loudspeaker technology (I think it was called American Technologies or something like that).

This technology works by converting complex audio material into two inaudible frequency streams and transmitting them from two different sources (not conventional stereo speakers) to produce the AUDIBLE material (reconstructed from the difference frequencies) in mid air (where the two streams meet/converge) - thus no need for headphones. Another advantage of this alternative 'loudspeaker' technology is that the audio material can be directed with extreme precision to a wider of narrower listening range.

For example, people sitting in front of adjacent computers/museum exhibits/etc, could listen to entirely different audio material without any interference (and without headphones).

Similarly, let's say in a large space like a theater or a stadium, audio material could be directed towards one single person (or a small group of people) without anyone else hearing anything.

(Or different audio material directed at different people, etc...)

I can only assume the company went from making speakers to working with governments :)

"The voices told me to... :)"

zoas23
10-16-2012, 05:39 PM
Interesting.
One of the pioneers of "sonic weapons" that work in long distances was Jimmy Cauty (of the Acid House band The KLF -a band that was both very influenced by Anarchism/Situationism and ideas taken from Robert Anton Wilson).

In this video it is possible to see some of its early versions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk

Cauty used his weapons to attack the police during different protests.

The question 4.012 in this FAQ has a longer explanation:
http://piratecinema.org/textz/the_klf_the_faq.html

His weapons were not exactly spiritual enhancing technologies, but anti-oppression technologies.

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Another situationist musician working with machines related to the spiritual realm is Nigel Ayers (the man behind the electronic band Nocturnal Emissions). A very interesting person indeed, also very influenced by Situationism... and psychogeography ideas taken from an occult point of view.

In his web he has a sample of several spiritual machines he has invented:
http://www.nigelayers.com/gadgets.html <<<---- these ones are more "Dadaesque".
http://www.nigelayers.com/desire.html <<<---- these other ones are meant to be a bit more "serious".

And, as I've said in an earlier post.... if you haven't investigated Brion Gysin's Dream Machine, then you are certainly missing something BIG (I don't have enough words as to explain how great this machine is.... the BEST lsd trip of your life... and without even using any substance).