PDA

View Full Version : A little half-cooked

Bel Matina
07-15-2012, 09:15 AM
I've got a very raw framework that I'm working on that I'd like to run by people. There's a concrete cognitive underpinning to this, but I don't want to get specific because I might publish. This will probably make more sense to people here than if I started talking about syntax, in any case :)

I'll indulge my language fetish since I'd prefer responses from people with at least some of the Greek, although given the nature of the forum that probably includes a lot of people here.

The active states here can be considered transitions between the θηματα, specifications of ζευξις depending on the metal in which it operates. ζευξις brings the θημα into the domain of the next metal.

Also possible are two types of λυσις: καταλυσις, which simply separates the parts, and αναλυσις, which joins the parts through ζευξις until the θημα changes its metallic nature. Also springing to mind is απολυσις, where the θημα is divided into multiple of the same metallic nature through λυσις of the parts, but maybe these latter two should be considered as belonging to a potentially open set of complex operations.

Gold - παθησις/παθημα

The first generation, I suppose. Παθημα would I think be our matter.

Silver - αισθησις/αισθημα

Respectively, the process of distinguishing the tinctures on the mass, and the tinctures themselves as they've become distinct. Everything from here on out could be considered signatures.

Mercury - γνωσις/γνωμα

Here we have the first true separation. The tinctures cluster to form signatures.

Copper - πραξις/πραγμα

Note the introduction of χρωνος here. The signatures assemble themselves into repeating patterns. Each θησις can be considered to navigate the θηματα of the next metal and seek to integrate its θημα there.

Iron - ταξις/ταγμα

Especially important here is how the θησις navigates the next metal, as with tin we begin to speak of matters that only make sense εν τῳ αιωνι, or put another way αιει. Also consider the martial nature of this θησις.

Tin - δοξις/δογμα

Here the Greek translates more awkwardly into modern languages, so I have to clarify. Δοξις is not a common word in the surviving literature, and δογμα carries a lot of baggage both Hellenic and Post-Hellenic, so I would advise you to focus your attention on the stem and suffixes. Again we have the navigating and being navigated. From πραξις to δογμα it makes the most sense to speak about function.

Lead - μαθησις/μαθημα

There's an illusion of externality here that comes from the way δογματα become gnomatized, but all of these elements are strictly facets of a single cosmos. Μαθησις integrates δογματα, which may mean αναλυσις if their tension pans out, but is just as likely, if not more so, to result in a profitable inconsistency. In such a case, the only recourse is through the nth metal.

ποιησις/ποιημα

It wasn't originally intended to be so, but this is our Art. There may be missing steps, but I can't think of them, and it seems to share the relationship with lead that each metal does with the last. I have a lot of math to do before I'm certain in any respect, it's quite conceivable that more tiers could emerge from a thorough definition. Ποιημα would of course then be the stone.

Thoughts?

Krisztian
07-15-2012, 06:22 PM
I've got a very raw framework that I'm working on that I'd like to run by people. There's a concrete cognitive underpinning to this, but I don't want to get specific because I might publish. This will probably make more sense to people here than if I started talking about syntax, in any case :)

I'll indulge my language fetish since I'd prefer responses from people with at least some of the Greek, although given the nature of the forum that probably includes a lot of people here.

The active states here can be considered transitions between the θηματα, specifications of ζευξις depending on the metal in which it operates. ζευξις brings the θημα into the domain of the next metal.

Also possible are two types of λυσις: καταλυσις, which simply separates the parts, and αναλυσις, which joins the parts through ζευξις until the θημα changes its metallic nature. Also springing to mind is απολυσις, where the θημα is divided into multiple of the same metallic nature through λυσις of the parts, but maybe these latter two should be considered as belonging to a potentially open set of complex operations.

Gold - παθησις/παθημα

The first generation, I suppose. Παθημα would I think be our matter.

Silver - αισθησις/αισθημα

Respectively, the process of distinguishing the tinctures on the mass, and the tinctures themselves as they've become distinct. Everything from here on out could be considered signatures.

Mercury - γνωσις/γνωμα

Here we have the first true separation. The tinctures cluster to form signatures.

Copper - πραξις/πραγμα

Note the introduction of χρωνος here. The signatures assemble themselves into repeating patterns. Each θησις can be considered to navigate the θηματα of the next metal and seek to integrate its θημα there.

Iron - ταξις/ταγμα

Especially important here is how the θησις navigates the next metal, as with tin we begin to speak of matters that only make sense εν τῳ αιωνι, or put another way αιει. Also consider the martial nature of this θησις.

Tin - δοξις/δογμα

Here the Greek translates more awkwardly into modern languages, so I have to clarify. Δοξις is not a common word in the surviving literature, and δογμα carries a lot of baggage both Hellenic and Post-Hellenic, so I would advise you to focus your attention on the stem and suffixes. Again we have the navigating and being navigated. From πραξις to δογμα it makes the most sense to speak about function.

Lead - μαθησις/μαθημα

There's an illusion of externality here that comes from the way δογματα become gnomatized, but all of these elements are strictly facets of a single cosmos. Μαθησις integrates δογματα, which may mean αναλυσις if their tension pans out, but is just as likely, if not more so, to result in a profitable inconsistency. In such a case, the only recourse is through the nth metal.

ποιησις/ποιημα

It wasn't originally intended to be so, but this is our Art. There may be missing steps, but I can't think of them, and it seems to share the relationship with lead that each metal does with the last. I have a lot of math to do before I'm certain in any respect, it's quite conceivable that more tiers could emerge from a thorough definition. Ποιημα would of course then be the stone.

Thoughts?

I do like how you laid out your points. Thanking you for bringing this aspect to this Forum.

In my experience any 'raw framework' can get you there, what's important is that you're very sensitive to the other side of cognition, which is 'receiving' from the Other Side. It's kind of like balancing on a tight rope in a large Russian circus, anything 'too heady' will weigh you towards one side (and do fall off), so you need the balance of intuition (feminine) with logic, syntax, language (masculine).

P.s. I admire your undertaking Bel Matina. I couldn't do it, that's why I didn't pursue Master's in Gnostic Studies. I felt Academia was just playing with words upon words, kind of like a virtual reality.