PDA

View Full Version : Greetings to all

John Michael Greer
07-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi -- I'm new to this forum, though not (quite) to alchemy. I'm a longtime student and practitioner of Hermetic magic, also a writer in the field; three years ago my wife and I moved to a new town and bought a house -- long story about timing the housing bubble -- and this spring's home improvement project was converting a disused bathroom in the basement into an alchemy laboratory. Other than a workshop with Mark Stavish and a little work with spagyric herbal preparations on a what-can-be-done-on-the-kitchen-table basis, I haven't had the opportunity to get into serious laboratory alchemy, and I plan on taking care of that omission -- thus would be glad to hear from more experienced alchemists here. -- JMG

Krisztian
07-21-2012, 06:19 PM
I find it rather amusing how one seemingly insignificant move leads to the 'opening of another door'. That bathroom in the basement sounds like a perfect place for alchemical pursuits, away from prying eyes.

Well, since you say you're a writer, participating on this Forum, I guess, I don't have to tell you how to 'have fun!'

Welcome.

Awani
07-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

John Michael Greer
07-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Krisztian, I expect to have a good time here, thanks! I have a lot of threads to catch up on before I do much posting, though -- there are topics on the forum about which I know very little (for example, the whole ORMUS/monatomic element topic).

Dev, thank you!

solomon levi
07-22-2012, 03:56 AM
Welcome John!
I really enjoyed Circles of Power.
Nice to have you here.

John Michael Greer
07-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Solomon, thank you! I should have an updated edition of it out from Salamander and Sons next year.

Nibiru
07-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Hello and Welcome!!!

Bel Matina
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I've also just arrived, but welcome!