PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

z0 K
07-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Greetings to All,

Well, I just posted my introduction to the visitors page (don't know what difference it makes but...). As I said there, I do need to get familiarized with how this forum system works. Anyhow I'm looking forward to many interesting discussions here.

Best Regards,
Z

Hello,

My name is Jeff Wayne but I go by "z0 K" which is short for Zero Kelvin a pseudonym of mine going back several decades ago when I wrote magazine articles. Just call me "Z."
I still need to familiarize my self with how this forum systems work. I am looking forward to entering the interesting discussions going on here. I am in the process of setting up my lab again. It was shut down while I worked on new furnace designs. I'm a member of Stoneworks Lab Ring. We coordinate experiments in the pursuit of the Philosophers Stone. I have an extensive library of alchemy texts and medieval dictionaries, and at times I tend to write in that arkayac stial whare spelyng was ouned bye the scribe scribbling.
Ever wonder what happens when the temperature drops to absolute zero and all motion ceases? It's a fine paradox.

Best to you all,
z0 K

Andro
07-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Welcome, Z!

Well, I just posted my introduction to the visitors page (don't know what difference it makes but...).

Visitor messages can only be viewed by those who visit your personal profile page, while this one here (in the 'Introductions' thread) is more easily accessible by all forum members.

As I said there, I do need to get familiarized with how this forum system works.

Please do not hesitate to address any orientation-related questions to anyone on the Forum Team (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showgroups.php).

Ever wonder what happens when the temperature drops to absolute zero and all motion ceases? It's a fine paradox.

Already looking forward to hearing your take on this :)

Awani
07-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Welcome!

:cool:

Krisztian
07-30-2012, 05:25 PM
It was shut down while I worked on new furnace designs. I'm a member of Stoneworks Lab Ring. We coordinate experiments in the pursuit of the Philosophers Stone.

I'm absolutely fascinated by the science of furnace design in this Royal Art. I'm sure we'll have much to discuss.

Welcome!

Ghislain
07-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Jeff (z0 K) and welcome.

It is weird that you should pose the question, "Ever wonder what happens when the temperature drops to
absolute zero and all motion ceases?", because my son and I were only talking about this the other day and
wondering does time stand still at absolute zero?

Ghislain

MoonQueen
08-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Hi Z and welcome.

I'm fairly new around here, been offline for a while ~ looking forward to getting to know you.

BTW Ditto what Ghislain said, my younger son was asking about the coldest temperature a couple of days ago too and I'm sure that he is an alchemist in the making given the number of "experiments" that he performs here at home! :D

John Michael Greer
08-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Welcome, Z! I'm another newcomer to the forum; I'll look forward in particular to your comments on alchemical texts -- I've done some study of the old literature but nothing like enough to make sense of it. ;-)

solomon levi
08-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Greetings!
Must be a wyrd thing - I recently posted on a new form of matter discovered years ago which occurs near zero.
http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3044-new-form-of-matter

Welcome.