PDA

View Full Version : How do you do it (and more epic fantasy type alchemical ideas...)

Electric Wizard
07-30-2012, 10:57 PM
As stated before, I am looking to incorporate visualizations and mind-journeys of symbolic fantasies. I like the idea of playing out epic battles, journeys, quests, etc in my head. I was wondering if this type of ordeal is a valid route, even if the symbols aren't quite the same (though same basic symbolic layout in accordance with alchemy).

Also, suggested books I can buy would be beneficial to this.

By the way, I was gone for a while because ADHD kicked in and I discarded alchemy for a time, but in ritual the image of that cinnibar I had spent a few sessions roasting in my mind reappeared and I feel its telling me the work wasn't complete, and thus the beckoning calls.

John Michael Greer
08-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Electric, it can be done, but IMO it's important not to let it become just another source of ego gratification. Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki's book Highways of the Mind might be a good book to read on the subject.

Andro
08-01-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I am looking to incorporate visualizations and mind-journeys of symbolic fantasies. I like the idea of playing out epic battles, journeys, quests, etc in my head.

From what you wrote, it sounds to me that you may find it interesting to do some research on Dream Yoga (http://www.google.com/search?q=dream+yoga).

Here is a Wiki Primer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_yoga), from which the following quote is taken:

Buddha Shakyamuni often told his disciples to regard all phenomena as dreams.

He used many examples, like an echo, a city in the clouds or a rainbow to illustrate the illusory nature of the phenomenal world.

Dreams represent just one type of illusion. The whole universe arises and dissolves like a mirage.

Everything about us, even the most enlightened qualities, are also dreamlike phenomena.

There's nothing that is not encompassed within the dream of illusory being; so in going to sleep, you're just passing from one dream state to another.

Electric Wizard
08-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I ordered it as a download.

My first idea is this... I need to construct a basic opening into the imagined realm, and enter it with the intention to get something done. Than I need to simply practice 'walking around' in it, analyzing its challenges, speaking to its people, etc.

Just did a pathworking to explore the abysmal part of my psyche (something everybody has, its the more reptilian side of themselves- the reason why tiamat was protrayed as the snake goddess of the abyssal seas.

Except this was me entering a cave to seek the source of my own evil...

I came down a narrow passage way, and decided contemplatively not to take the first right but to keep going, because the evil wouldn't be so close to the surface.

But after a certain point I felt nauseas and decided to leave.

Ever experience anything like that?

but the narrow passage way represents my sense of confinement and imprisonment, I think.

I discovered this much.

Corvidus
10-02-2012, 03:09 AM
If you look to strengthen your mind, I suggest reading Initiation into Hermetics by Franz Bardon. His approach in this book is to build a balanced body, soul and spirit, giving the fact that all three are equally important in our development.

Also, If you "construct a basic opening into the imagined realm", make sure to close it on the way out ;)

I am not sure how similar to Dream Yoga this book is, but it might complement it nicely.

10-02-2012, 08:20 AM
Feeling. Feel what you see.
Sleep paralysis happens when a " switch" is flipped in the head. Basically making it so u can feel like your moving in your dreams,yet the body wont move in response.
the canvas of a dream is the feeling.

In the visual aspect. I've notice when I visualize,their is a switch from the "fuzzy".visualization to the "clear,visualization.

Clear.visualization is like seeing with your eyes,although in reality you are not useing your eyes.
As well. Their are certain practises that can be done. Being able to "feel" them makes it real. Shit. That is why we percirve our reality to be real is it not? Feeling.

Anyway. Feeling is harder to manipulate than you would think. Even for me. Yet manipulate it,and many keys open. Feeling visualization is a part of that.