PDA

View Full Version : How to confirm Elixirs

Ilos
07-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Hey guys I have made this simple spagyrics elixir with Rosemary and I have had some difficulties calcining the body but anyways the experiment it turned out ok. Now Im done with it and I wanna have a try of it but Im not really sure if its safe. I know a way by placing the substance on a hot thin copper but when the copper gets to hot the substance dries and releases some smoke Id say more like steam...

Krisztian
07-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey guys I have made this simple spagyrics elixir with Rosemary and I have had some difficulties calcining the body but anyways the experiment it turned out ok.

I'm assuming you used the method following the philosophy of Paracelsus?

To be able to turn the "body" into whiter and whiter colour (from presumably, 'black'), it is best to prepare the digestion in incubator (or equivalent, like a seeding heating mat, etc.) at approx. 35 to 40 Celsius. For timeline, I have preference for a Philosopher's month (30 or so days, maybe 40). OR, the 'internal fire' (secret fire) of the Rosemary doesn't get ignited, so to speak. Then, when you separate "body" (from sulfur and mercury) of the herb and attempt to burn it, the colour doesn't turn to white no matter what you use (i.e., blowtorch, dry out salt in furnace, mortar/pestle, etc.). So, it doesn't integrate back easily either with sulfur and mercury.

When we say and use the term, elixir, that means more than one herb was used in combination. That's not what you mean, right?

Did you follow the day and Planet associated with Rosemary? To prepare. To start and end process?

Andro
07-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Hi Ilos,

I think more details are needed to address your question.

For example - Did you use the classical spagyrical way of separating, purifying and recombining the principles?

How did you separate the principles of the plant? Did you get all of them? Salts/Body, Sulfurs (fixed & volatile), Mercury?

It's not very clear (to me) what you mean by 'Elixir'.

Do you mean a Plant Stone? A Circulatum? A Tincture? An Ens?

The more details you provide, the easier it will be for those experienced in this field to answer and maybe provide some additional clues...

solomon levi
08-01-2012, 01:56 PM
sounds to me like the test for fusible salt - it's not supposed to smoke, so he's wondering
if it's safe to ingest if his smokes.

Ingestion is pretty personal. There are some who are really cautious and some who ingest
just about everything (like me). I'd eat it. If it were mineral, I'd be more concerned, but
not with rosemary. Rosemary is just really strong. I made a rosemary stone (not perfectly)
and would put the tiniest bit in a glass of wine and it made it taste so good, and smell great.
I ingested mine, often. :) And everyone who has tried it loves it.
Just use a grain or two - like the head of a pin size - in whatever beverage or soup.

Of course, avoid ingesting black carbonised matter; but if it's grey or whitish, you'll be fine.

Ilos
08-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Ok Ill explain the process what I did than maybe you will understand what Im asking.
I took the rosemary I grind it well, than I placed it in a jar than poured some alcohol (vodka 50vol) I let it digest for 2 weeks after 2 weeks I I lucent the rosemary from the alcohol than I burned the rosemary (it didnt turn turn out to ash) I placed it in the oven under the broiler for a few mins than took it out and smashed it a bit more wile it was hot and quickly placed the rosemary inside the residue again and let it digest again for 1 week. This is a easy method that you can find in Bartlets Real Alchemy book to make a simple elixir.
I am sorry if you find my English a bit poor I am still working on the the words I find a bit dificuled to differ.
Thank you.

Krisztian
08-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Ok Ill explain the process what I did than maybe you will understand what Im asking.
I took the rosemary I grind it well, than I placed it in a jar than poured some alcohol (vodka 50vol) I let it digest for 2 weeks after 2 weeks I I lucent the rosemary from the alcohol than I burned the rosemary (it didnt turn turn out to ash) I placed it in the oven under the broiler for a few mins than took it out and smashed it a bit more wile it was hot and quickly placed the rosemary inside the residue again and let it digest again for 1 week. This is a easy method that you can find in Bartlets Real Alchemy book to make a simple elixir.
I am sorry if you find my English a bit poor I am still working on the the words I find a bit dificuled to differ.
Thank you.

Congratulations, that's great. I wouldn't worry either about ingesting small amounts of a herb. But I'm always very reluctant to say to do or not.

I use higher proof of alcohol myself. The 'white bird' gets stronger as it increases in proof.

Thanks again for sharing.

z0 K
08-01-2012, 10:02 PM
You might consider incinerating the rosemary mass after you separate the vodka alcohol extract. The temperature must be above 1000 F. Then you will get white flaky ashes with some mineral colorizations here and there in the ashes. This is the best way.
If you do not have a kiln or furnace to get the high temperature then you can do it another way.
After you burn the rosemary to ashes grind them with mortar and pestle; put the powder in a suitable dish that can withstand high heat, cover it with aluminum foil or any convenient lid that can take the heat. Place it on a hot plate and turn it up to high. Let it cook for a couple of hours then open the lid and grind the hot powder and place back on the hotplate coils. Keep doing this until the powder is light gray. You can use the gray ashes of rosemary thus prepared to finish your spagyric tincture by adding the vodka extract. Keep in a dark place not too warm or too cold. Let the two comingle and stir once a day for several days. Then decant your Spagyric tincture. Dilute 5 to 1 and use no more than 5mls of tincture.
A better way is to take your gray ashes and dissolve in distilled water. Let stand for a few hours then filter off the liquid. Evaporate the water; store the salt that remains. Take the matter that remained after you filtered off the water and place it into the dish and repeat the calcining process until the last of those feces dissolves into the water. Now take your purified salt crystals and comingle with your vodka solvent solution.
Some vodkas have flavor additives and you will want to get rid of them by distilling the vodka until you get to the foul smelling dregs. Stop distilling; discard what is left in the alembeck. Take this purified re-distilled vodka and use it as the solvent to extract the medicines from the rosemary.
Hope this helps.
I would insert or attach some pics but I keep getting 403 error.
z0 K

Andro
08-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I would insert or attach some pics but I keep getting 403 error.

Attachments have never been the strong side of the vBulletin platform. Right now they simply don't work, in spite of our efforts (so far) to correct this.

Please use an external hosting site for your Images, and link from there. Also see THIS POST (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2933-Posting-Images-Videos&p=23599#post23599) please.

A better way is to take your gray ashes and dissolve in distilled water. Let stand for a few hours then filter off the liquid. Evaporate the water...

From some older works of mine: This is what purified plant salts should more or less look like, after a few cycles of dissolving, filtering and evaporating.

The first salt (on the left) is of Melissa, the second salt is of Wine Tartar.

(These are old attachments, back from when they used to work :))

z0 K
08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the info on how to upload pics here. I'll check out photobucket.
Yeah, those pics are good examples of purified herb salts. I was attempting to post pics of kiln incinerated herb ashes from my labworks.
I'm learning my way around here.