PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Steven
08-03-2012, 12:32 AM
Where to begin... I started to study general occult and Western mystery traditions when I was a teen. In later years my esoteric studies turned to the Easter occult, Hinduism, Yoga, etc. In 2003 I lived at the Vedanta Society as a Hindu/Yoga monk. It was at the Vedanta Society that I learned about rasayana or Indian alchemy. My further search into alchemy led me back to the Western traditions and to Jean Dubuis' alchemy course. I have learned a lot through Yoga, but it feels like a big circle in some cases. Apparently a circle that I need to go through. I'm VERY thankful to the Vedanta Society for all they taught me and gave me though. Without them I would not have learned about meditation in the first place. All in all, that's it in a nut-shell.

Ghislain
08-03-2012, 01:43 AM
Welcome Steven

I hope this bit of your circle has bigger circumference
so that you may stay a while ;)

Ghislain

Krisztian
08-03-2012, 01:47 AM
I have learned a lot through Yoga, but it feels like a big circle in some cases. Apparently a circle that I need to go through. I'm VERY thankful to the Vedanta Society for all they taught me and gave me though.

I hear what you say. You and I shared a similar path. I'm quite familiar with Vedanta, and the Eastern Traditions. I don't think Jean Dubuis is a bad direction either.

Welcome.

solomon levi
08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Welcome!

Andro
08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
Welcome, Steven!

I started to study general occult and Western mystery traditions when I was a teen.
In later years my esoteric studies turned to the Eastern occult.

So it seems you've spiritually traveled to 'Both Indias', as some alchemical texts refer to the East/West, Rising/Setting, Alpha/Omega, Mars/Venus (Aries/Libra) Archetypes :)

I hope you'll enjoy reading and sharing here.

MoonQueen
08-04-2012, 02:27 AM
Hello and welcome. :)

Awani
08-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Welcome!

:cool: