PDA

View Full Version : Spagyrics Complete Equipments

Ilos
08-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Hi,
I wanted to make this topic about all the equipments that are necessary for an alchemical lab. Starting from jars to specified apparatus and to also leave an explaining for what purpose they are. I have noticed that having only an distillation apparatus to collect oil from plants is not enough, iv noticed that its not simple to just go to the store and find satisfied mercury, you got to improve it and for that you need different types of equipment. I know there are many of experienced alchemists which many of you have already set up alchemical labs. Maybe some of you has the time to share your knowledge about the submitted topic, It would help me allot to make a list of the necessary equipments. It would help me set up my own laboratory.
Thank you.

Ghislain
08-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Ilos

If you have not done so already, go to The” Equipment” Forum

• Forum
• Macrocosm
• Practical Alchemy
• Equipment (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?78-Equipment)

Go to the bottom of the page and there is a drop down box, which has above it “Show threads from the...” and in
the box it should have “Last Week”

Click on the arrow on the right hand side and a list will appear. At the bottom of the list is “Beginning”. Select
that then go to the right hand side of the screen and there is a button “Show Threads”. Click on that and you will
get three pages of posts about equipment.

Hope that helps

Ghislain

Axismundi000
08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
The core piece of kit for spagyrics is a soxhlet extractor, for which ethanol will be required as a solvent. Alchemical niceties aside industrial ethanol is difficult to purchase so a distillation array will also be needed to distil say... brandy for the ethanol. The steve kalec thread has some good info on home-made versions of these plus associated lab-gear and glassware.

John Reid has an example list of gear with estamated cost.
http://www.alchemywebsite.com/reid2-1.html

My favourite book on this is Frater Albertus's Alchemists Handbook.

alfdib
08-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Ilos,
in my opinion, your question is too open...
Everyone of us has different equipment and different approach.
Please be more specific and then we can go deeper.

Ilos
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Please be more specific and then we can go deeper.

Well Say your planning on making a tincture or an elixir or a plant stone, you need a bunch of equipments to come to the perfection of thees, say medical uses. Most of them require at least an distillation equipment, than some calcination equipment some purifying equipment, etc so with my question I wanted from someone here to gather all of the equipments with a bit of explanation about each of them, say If you use an Soxhlet to extract oils maybe you can use it in purpose of circulation to etc. But anyway I still have to do this on my own of course I just thought of hearing others opinions to.