PDA

View Full Version : Mixing The Tinctures

Ilos
08-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey,
I have been working on 3 types of plants: (Rosemary, Nettles and Laurel), what I did at first with Rosemary is I tried to make a simple spagyrics elixir by macerating it for two weeks on a jar with alcohol and after I tried to calcine the body, (which it didn't really calcine as I hoped tho It did reveal a few shiny crystals and so on I proceeded.. The other two plants I didn't really calcine, I only let them macerate for two weeks in alcohol ( same process).
Now I'm thinking, OK the rosemary it didn't turn out that bad at least it has a brownish color which I believe thats a good sign. I'm considering the other two; Nettles and Laurel to be only the tinctures. So is it possible that I could take thees two and mix them a bit with the Rosemary elixir. Im not sure of the consequences, what might happen if I do that.
Thank you.

pneumatician
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey,

Now I'm thinking, OK the rosemary it didn't turn out that bad at least it has a brownish color which I believe thats a good sign. I'm considering the other two; Nettles and Laurel to be only the tinctures. So is it possible that I could take thees two and mix them a bit with the Rosemary elixir. Im not sure of the consequences, what might happen if I do that.
Thank you.

laurel ? laurel is toxic! no, my friend ? :confused:
what are your references/biblogra. ????
where you read this combination ? if no references is a mistery what can happend

Ilos
08-26-2012, 02:22 PM
laurel ? laurel is toxic! no, my friend ?
I used none toxic laurel its also knows as bay leaf, it has a good aroma and really strong.

where you read this combination ?
Well I was hoping for some references. and a bit of info about the mixture of tinctures in general.

pneumatician
08-26-2012, 10:50 PM
I used none toxic laurel its also knows as bay leaf, it has a good aroma and really strong.

Well I was hoping for some references. and a bit of info about the mixture of tinctures in general.

I only known a combination of elixirs (elixir of life) where all parts are conjoined. but not sure 100%. anyway mani recipes are with a lot of diferents plants, spices... but in tintura, depending of the force....

with your little or no information I need to assume much, is Laurus nobilis ? purchased ? or harvested for you?...

I read the chem composition from wikipe. of Laurus nobilis and oh! also have eucalyptol. koalas don't eat young leaves of eucaliptus because ara poison, at least for them!

I recomend people asking things to be a lot more clear, latin names, process, pics...

and also people can send the list of books used to list a basic modus library. :o

I put here one, if people dont are interested I did not continue. Interestingly, the list would be stored on site for future reference

from my digital library (get the book in archive.org)

Complete Herbal
Registre #: 425
Autor/s: Culpeper
ISBN:
Lloc publicació: London
Any publicació: 1814
Editorial: Richard Evans
Notes: versio amb plantes en color.
Equivalencia de noms. http://medherb.com/culpeper_names.html

Ezalor
09-08-2012, 12:17 PM
...we highly recommend that you follow the logical order of Philosophy, Theory and Practice. Dom Pernety inspired this threefold division; he claims that should you wish success on the Alchemical Path, you shall need the three following qualities: sound judgment, good theoretical knowledge and a skilled hand.
[...]
As a matter of fact, never attempt an alchemical experiment if you don't know the objective, the procedure and the desired result: in Alchemy there is no random experiment, nor an experiment made out of curiosity.
- Jean Dubuis on Spagyrics

Even thought I am just preparing for my very first practical alchemical experiment, but with all my knowledge of alchemical philosophy and magick in general I must absolutely agree with him. In all higher forms of magickal arts - and alchemy pretty much qualifies as such - it is a most important rule to always know What you do, How you do it and Why. Any magickal - and therefore also alchemical - operation without this threefold fundamentum is but profane. You must be conscious in whatever you do.

When you work with magickal energies directly, you can only achieve proper result and avoid mistakes and disasters if this three steps are present in this order. When you experiment with something new, you follow the same order: at first you work out, based on your existing philosophical knowledge and understanding, the philosophy of it which outlines for you the greater picture. From this, with the addendum of your already existing theoretical knowledge you distill down the theory of the new experiment, and finally, in the same way you create the practice of it. On all three levels you build upon your existing understanding, knowledge and experience. Such experimentation is a mere direct and continuous expansion of your limits, building upon them, and not a jumping over gaps.
The same must apply to Alchemy.

In other words, before you want to build the roof, make sure all the walls are already standing, or it will collapse and bury you alive.

--------------
Regarding mixing, it is a very complex fiald, because when you mix two or more substances, they may react. In a spagyric tincture you have a LOT of substances, both energetical and chemical. Both energies and chemicals can react with each other in many ways, some catalyse each other, some negate each other, once again others fuse and create a third, new quality, and so on. Two chemical beneficial on their own, may cancel each other, form an even more beneficial chemical, or form a poison! The same applies to energies.

So, following the above outlined, you can ONLY understand and predict the result of mixing two tinctures when you already mastered them both on all three levels so that you fully understand what they are, what they do any why - respectively for each of their components, PLUS, you have a generic knowledge and understanding of energies and chemistry so you can tell how these already understood energies and chemicals will react with each other.

There is a reason why development of any art or invention of new methods within it is usually done by those who already mastered the art. Only when you have something as a whole can you expand it.

Best wishes,
Ezalor