PDA

View Full Version : Namaste

Ezalor
08-31-2012, 03:03 AM
Namaste!

I'm known by many names, Ezalor being the one I've chosen to use exclusively in connection with my magickal/esoteric activity. I'm from Hungary, Central-Europe. If I wanted to categorize myself I would say I am an "eclectic pagan", but it is really more complex than that.

I've always been involved with magick and the unseen world. In this life as well, since my birth. My main interest is the so-called "pure magick", that is, to use these energies and powers in their clear form, and through a direct approach, instead of indirect approaches. Magickal items, rituals, symbols and traditions are only tools in my eyes and nothing more, they only help, and not achieve the result. Thus instead of following any tradition, I create my own tools of the trade, my own approaches, rituals and even symbols, which work the best for me while building on the understanding of underlying principles.

I got in touch with Alchemy at first around ten years ago, or so, in the form of hermetical philosophy. Since that I built alchemical philosophy into my approach, but Life had it so that I had to concentrate on more material fields in the last few years, while my magickal activity greatly decreased.

Finally, last year I undertook a 50 days journey to the Indian Himalaya, Zanskar and Ladakh or West-Tibet, which was a turning point in my life. Then some weeks ago I decided that I get back to magick, and make it the center element of my life. As a part of this, I decided to learn and apply practical alchemy - along with other fields.

Right now I am in the preparation for starting the spagyric work. Hopefully my basic lab equipment will be ready in a week or two, and in the meanwhile I continue my studies in the underlying theoretics. As with everything, I conduct my own personal research, and instead of following any tradition or any master, I create my own personalized approach and symbology.

So it is time to get in touch with fellows walking similar paths, in the hope of building connections and friendships, and maybe mutually catalyzing each others' path. I know of no any practitioners in my country - though there might be some among the Rosencrutzians or Masonics - but also hope if there are any, I will find them at some point, and probably trying to bring them together.

My main aim with magick (and alchemy) is to help my personal development, and also to put it to use in helping those under my protection or who by fate I have to help. I have commitments, duties, and ultimately a purpose, which I do ms best to fulfill - and to do that, I first of all have to learn and develop myself. Knowledge is power, which can be used well or wrong, but power is first of all responsibility, and only after that it is power. And most importantly, I do my work with an utmost respect towards Mother Nature, and do my best to live in harmony with Her.

Other fields of interest: magick in general, natural and elemental magick, talismantics and the making of other magickal items, crystals, alternative/natural and homeopathic medicine, divination, astrology, oriental religions and philosophy (especially Taoism and Bushido) martial arts and philosophy, Truth, the Universe.

Best wishes,
Ezalor

"Sic itur ad astra per aspera"

Andro
08-31-2012, 04:51 AM
Namaste!

Welcome to the Dharma Initiative :)

understanding of underlying principles

This is what I find to be the most important/needed aspect for doing the actual work (understanding the principles instead of blindly applying recipes).

I got in touch with Alchemy at first around ten years ago, or so, in the form of hermetical philosophy.

Could you elaborate on that sometime, on how Alchemy has found you?

Right now I am in the preparation for starting the spagyric work.

I hope you'll let us know what spagyric work you have in mind... There is an entire sub-forum dedicated to Spagyrics and Entheogens (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?76-Spagyrics-Entheogens).

I know of no any practitioners in my country.

You could post in the sub-forum Networking (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Networking) and see if there's anyone here from your area.

I do my work with an utmost respect towards Mother Nature, and do my best to live in harmony with Her.

I would say that Nature has both male and female aspects, and is therefore neither a 'Him'/'Father' or a 'Her'/'Mother', but rather BOTH... (Just my angle, of course :))

Namaste!

The 'Dharma Initiative' thing was just a private joke between me and myself, because I adore the TV series LOST (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2065-Lost) :)

http://www.freewebs.com/dharmaisland/Lost-DharmaNamaste.jpg
__________________________________________________ ______________

Anyway, thank you for the elaborate introduction and welcome to Alchemy Forums!

Awani
08-31-2012, 10:53 AM
Welcome!

:cool:

Axismundi000
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
An interesting introductory post, thankyou.

Ezalor
08-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the Dharma Initiative :)
LOL!!! I used to watch Lost back then when I still had a TV. ;)

This is what I find to be the most important/needed aspect for doing the actual work (understanding the principles instead of blindly applying recipes).
Sadly it is true for everything, that this approach is very rare today. Be it magick, alchemy, politics or computer science, people think messing around with the surface means they know something. Nowadays in Hungary, there is a great trend of "esoteria" (used as a noun in the mainstream) - people read the "daily horoscope" in the newspaper and they think they understand Astrology, they perform a "ritual" they found in the the "Woman's magazine" and they think they know how magick works... et cetera. There are thousands of such people, thinking they are "involved with esoteria", and fact, they know nothing. Also we have tons of so called "magi", "witches", "seers", "fortune tellers" and whatever, from whom a very very few actually know something, while the rest are either botchers or scammers, happily getting you rid of all your money. My "favorites" are botcher fortune tellers, who actually manage to interpret their tools somewhat right, but then propose the present direction and likely outcomes as a fixed future, like we couldn't change it, thus making it a self-fulfilling prophecy... such people are worse than scammers.

Could you elaborate on that sometime, on how Alchemy has found you?
Well, I was always interested in all magickal areas. The "first contact" in this life was, if I remember well, Mária Szepes' Red Lion. Since she was Hungarian like me, that books i fairly well known here, and I am lucky I could read it in original language. My only dislike about it was the slight Christian influence resurfacing here and there, but that is no wonder from a Christian mystic like Szepes, and can be filtered out. But at that point I was much more interested in the generic workings of the Universe than Alchemy itself. But I researched magick in general, so it isn't a surprise that sooner or lather I came across the Tabula Smaragdina. I already knew the all is one concept, to which came then the microcosm-macrocosm analogy and other analogies derived from it as well as the transmutation of lead into gold as an analogy for the development of the person from the state of imperfection towards perfection. This can be easily interconnected with various oriental philosophies. Later Coelho's The alchemist was an interesting addition to the philosophical side.
I actually used this basic alchemical philosophy in many areas, believing that any field of life can be interpreted through it. I even considered writing an article about how the hermetic analogies, the all is one concept and the spiritual transmutation can be reflected upon, and applied a spiritual, natural and violence-free art of horsemanship based on mutual trust, love and respect between horse and man, where the microcosm-macrocosm analogy can be applied to them.
I still think spiritual alchemy is a very powerful way of self-development. I even dare to

Regarding practical Alchemy, I wasn't interested in it, because all I found were the old, obfuscated writings which I thought would require extreme amount of time to properly research, and the art seemed to be dead. I however had a great interest in herbalism, and the making of food and drink that has healing properties. I managed to create some own recipes based purely on intuition and spiritual guidance. For example, I created a soup mainly from garlic and onions that can heal a cold, flu or other less-serious respiratory illnesses, and generally refreshes and revitalizes the person. I also have my own jasmine flower liquor that can clean out your nose and is a remedy for the symptoms of pollen allergy and such. I also made spice oils from garlic and onions which I use for cooking, and which has a bit of similar properties as the aforementioned soup.

My actual plan was to get involved with herbalism, and maybe distilling herbal liquors. But then, when some weeks ago I decided to concentrate on magick from that time on, and started my research around the fields I want to further develop, I suddenly bumped into some contemporary articles on spagyrics, which so far miraculously avoided me. It seems I wasn't ready for it until now. From that paint it wasn't hard to find a wide range of resources, including this forum, and the courses of Jean Dubuis. Reading into Dubuis' works gave me the impression that this man knows what he is talking about (Especially his "Fundamentals of esoteric knowledge" and the way he described universal principles and basics is mainly overlapping with what I know so far and consider correct.), so I decided I start with his spagyrics (and later mineral) course as it seems to be a very good basis. Then the rest I will see, I never followed anyone blindly, so in the case of Dubuis as well I change, expand or omit where I feel it necessary. Can't form an opinion about his alchemy course yet, as first I want to finish the Fundamentals to make sure I have a clear image of his approach (And also it is a good resource to make notes on background theory, symbolism, and so on.) as his alchemical work will surely based on that same approach.

I hope you'll let us know what spagyric work you have in mind... There is an entire sub-forum dedicated to Spagyrics and Entheogens (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?76-Spagyrics-Entheogens).
I did already look around before I decided to register, though not in depth yet. As said above, I will start with Dubuis' course, but I already have my first personal research in mind, which is the distillation of alcoholic beverages, both mundane and then, drinks which were created in an alchemical procedure to grant the special properties. For example, I have a great interest in the preparation of an alchemical Absinthe which may be useful either to help the mind achieve a cleaner consciousness or even meditative state, or, taken before sleep, to catalyze conscious dreaming.

I also have an interest in amchi medicine (traditional Tibetan natural medicine, mainly using plants) but I'm afraid I won't be able to really get into that until I can visit Ladakh again. I doubt there are many proper sources outside Tibet. Well, maybe in Dharamsala, or Majnu Ka Tila in Delhi.

You could post in the sub-forum Networking (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?19-Networking) and see if there's anyone here from your area.
Will get to it at some point.

I would say that Nature has both male and female aspects, and is therefore neither a 'Him'/'Father' or a 'Her'/'Mother', but rather BOTH... (Just my angle, of course :))
Of course, as everything. I prefer the feminine referencing as that is the earth from which the plants grow, which then animals eat, and the other great source of life, the Ocean is also feminine - the masculine aspect animates, but the feminine gives birth, and feeds. But of course, in truth everything is androgynous in its divine nature.

Thank you for the welcome!

ཨཱོྃ་ཨ་བྷི་ཡ་ནག་པོ་རྦད་སོད་སྭཱཧཱ།

Krisztian
08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
I'm known by many names, Ezalor being the one I've chosen to use exclusively in connection with my magickal/esoteric activity. I'm from Hungary, Central-Europe.

Szia Barátom. Örülök hogy jötél! Én is Magyar vagyok. De persze angolul irok it. Most épen Kanadában élek.

Krisztián

Ezalor
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Szia Barátom. Örülök hogy jötél! Én is Magyar vagyok. De persze angolul irok it. Most épen Kanadában élek.

Krisztián

Köszönöm az üdvözlést! A neved gyanús is volt, már épp rá akartam kérdezni. :)
Ismersz esetleg itthon bárkit aki alkímiával foglalkozna?

Üdvözlettel,
Ezalor

P.s.: I guess it's time to switch back to English. :)

solomon levi
09-03-2012, 10:26 PM
Namaste!

z0 K
09-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Krisztian: This is what I find to be the most important/needed aspect for doing the actual work (understanding the principles instead of blindly applying recipes).

Ezalor: Sadly it is true for everything, that this approach is very rare today. Be it magick, alchemy, politics or computer science, people think messing around with the surface means they know something. Nowadays in Hungary, there is a great trend of "esoteria" (used as a noun in the mainstream) - people read the "daily horoscope" in the newspaper and they think they understand Astrology, they perform a "ritual" they found in the the "Woman's magazine" and they think they know how magick works... et cetera. There are thousands of such people, thinking they are "involved with esoteria", and fact, they know nothing. Also we have tons of so called "magi", "witches", "seers", "fortune tellers" and whatever, from whom a very very few actually know something, while the rest are either botchers or scammers, happily getting you rid of all your money. My "favorites" are botcher fortune tellers, who actually manage to interpret their tools somewhat right, but then propose the present direction and likely outcomes as a fixed future, like we couldn't change it, thus making it a self-fulfilling prophecy... such people are worse than scammers.

You might find this to be helpful:
http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/bltav1_wpf/bltav1_wpf.html#_Toc305744881

Krisztian
09-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Krisztian: This is what I find to be the most important/needed aspect for doing the actual work (understanding the principles instead of blindly applying recipes).

You might find this to be helpful:
http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/bltav1_wpf/bltav1_wpf.html#_Toc305744881

I think we're in agreement, without the inner work, alchemy turns into vulgar chemistry.

Neijing Tu, the diagram contained on the website you mentioned, I also have one in my office; I must say, I never seen it coloured.

Ghislain
09-12-2012, 10:53 AM
z0 K, how did you come across this link ( http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/bltav1_wpf/bltav1_wpf.html#_Toc305744881)?..I love it.

The introduction alone is a great way to for the beginner to get an idea of what alchemy is about.
This should be in the thread Alchemical Texts ( http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Alchemical-Texts)

The Author Lynn Osbourne (I am assuming this is the same author) has also written about
Cannabis and the properties of its seed in

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY
COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD
Part One (http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html)

This is also worth checking out.

Lynn Osbourne is an amazing find for me; he seems to be on my wavelength.

Thanks z0 K I shall spend some time going through this media.

Krisztian it's funny you should mention the coloured Neijing Tu picture as I posted a question on
this ( http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2199-A-Nice-Picture) a while back.

Ghislain

z0 K
09-13-2012, 04:02 AM
z0 K, how did you come across this link ( http://www.alchemylife.org/Pages/bltav1_wpf/bltav1_wpf.html#_Toc305744881)?..I love it.

The introduction alone is a great way to for the beginner to get an idea of what alchemy is about.
This should be in the thread Alchemical Texts ( http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Alchemical-Texts)

The Author Lynn Osbourne (I am assuming this is the same author) has also written about
Cannabis and the properties of its seed in

HEMP SEED: THE MOST NUTRITIONALLY
COMPLETE FOOD SOURCE IN THE WORLD
Part One (http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html)

This is also worth checking out.

Lynn Osbourne is an amazing find for me; he seems to be on my wavelength.

Thanks z0 K I shall spend some time going through this media.

Ghislain

He started StoneWorks Lab Ring. I'm a contributor to projects.