PDA

View Full Version : plant work. dew circulation.

09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
I noticed that plant material placed in a jar with the right proportion of liquid "not too much,not too little" will bleach white.
For example a leaf or grass will turn yellow,then white. Under right conditions that white turns red,then black.
When all the green material turns white, their is more liquid in the jar then when you start.

It took me a good while to figure out how to replicate this without the sun. But I do not have the equipment to test my theory.

When the sun hits an air tight jar on a hot day. Although it is hot outside,the temp is higher in the jar. This causes condensation or dew. From what I've observed,although their is no boiling,the water is condensing and evaporating at a high rate. The plant matter fluxes between moist and dry.
Too much water and its drowned. Too little and it simply drys.

So! The question is. How do I heat the inside of a container? Without heating the external?
The answer! An ordanary still. Air tight on both sides. The condenser I suppose may need to be modified into being a simple hallow glass tube.
Put your plant matter in the proper vessal. But! Heat the receiver! The air inside the receiver becomes hot,and will travel to the vessal. Now you have a vessal that is hotter inside than out!
In theory it should work.
I personally have poor lab supplies. And am not sure if I can find a hallow tube to replace the modern condensors.

09-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Green plant material in air tight jar with bit of water. Placed in the sun on a hot day. Bleaches white.
If proportions are right. It will go to red then black.

Apologies. My previous description is unorganized.
I am typing this on a phone.
My theory is that once at the black stage. The black can again be bleached white simply through the method already being used.

At the least it works as a perfect seperation.
Nothing is destroyed by vulgar fire.
I tell you now. Ordanary lawn grass. When turned white by this method. Open the jar and smell the air. It is sweet and spicy. Smelling nothing like grass.

But! To be successful at this method,we can't rely on the sun.
So the contraption I mentioned above is my solution.

Thoughts ideas?
If anyone troys this let me know results please.
If someone could assist me in finding proper equipment it would be appreciated greatly.

asket
09-10-2012, 12:45 PM
i accidentally left some broccoli in the cooler for about 2 weeks (came from a delivery service, covered in gorgonzola sauce) When i took it out yesterday, a little part of the broccoli had turned red. I was confused, as a lot of it was covered in white mould, so i figured it must be some further reaction. I write this because i think it is interesting that what you described happened to my broccoli without the aid of any sunlight or strong warmth. There was just a little light from the cooler lighting from time to time and some light reflected from the kitchen into the cooler. the red part had a strange consistence, it felt soft like jelly.

besides that i haven't tried your experiment, just had this in mind when i read your post. Another thing i observed is that when you leave toast in its wrapping and you take a look every day, the toast will release a lot of moisture shortly before the rotting starts. I think this moisture feeds the bacteria and provides a living environment on the toast. Extracting this moisture from a toast and then give it to something that starts rotting might accelerate the process drastically, or could even start the changing/rotting on something fresh, but that is just a thesis.

09-10-2012, 03:24 PM
The whiteness I speak of is not from rotting.
If you dry the toast quickly,it will not rot ;) I personally love croutons and dried out toast.
the color change. I believe is from the matter fluxing between dry and moist.
Go outside. Find a tree that has turned colors yet shouldn't. Red leafs are an easy one. Red leafs on a tree that's not normally that color.

I am going to try and scroung some supplies together so I can do the experiment. If I'm able to get proper supplies. I will post pics. :)

09-14-2012, 04:17 AM
I have conducted this experiment with a few snags.

A. I connected two containers together. Vertical to eachother. I heated the empty vessal.
Expecting the air inside that vessal to become hot,and travel vertically to the next vessal. Thus creating a vessal that's hot inside and cooler outside.

B. The result. It did not work. The heated vessal became hot,the adjacent vessal stayed cool.

C. When water was added to the vessal that was going to be heated. The adjacent vessal would become hot inside and warm outside.

Any help? Explanations?

I am also going to try making these two vessals vertical. Heating the top vessal. And see if it will work. But I have some doubts. I will upload pics as well.
Help,criticism, advice is all appreciated with much sincerity.

09-14-2012, 04:39 AM
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w453/avatar1867/675c6718.jpg

The left container was heated empty. Heat did not travel to the right container.
When the left container had water in it. Only then did heat travel to the right container.

Nibiru
09-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Hello :)

If you're not opposed to using electricity, then you may be able to use an aquarium heater. If you google "aquarium heater", you will find many different shapes and sizes. It should be no problem to find one small enough to fit into the mouth of a flask so that you can heat it from within. Here's a link to a search I just did for them. If you notice the one at the very bottom of the page, it's only $5 and it may fit what you need..

http://www.google.com/search?q=aquarium+heater&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=aquarium+heater&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ykv&sa=X&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=shop&prmd=imvns&tbs=price:1,ppr_max:10&ei=Q2tTUJyFIKiHywHn0IGoDA&ved=0CK8BEMEJKAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=5491605c79f482bb&biw=1366&bih=534

09-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Interesting.
Although I prefer fire and learning to manipulate the natural forces.
I'm going to have to try the water heater.

It actually rivals an idea of mine.
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w453/avatar1867/250d05fd.jpg

This electric heater makes it much easyer to do the same experiment.

Thank you! It is appreciated greatly :)

09-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm also thinking of putting smoke and water in the vessal. See if any observable changes can be had.may work may not.

lwowl
09-16-2012, 03:15 AM
I'm also thinking of putting smoke and water in the vessal. See if any observable changes can be had.may work may not.

I admire your ingenuity at making lab equipment. Try this for an experiment: Replace the tape seal with aluminum foil; put fire directly to your bottle full of herb; increase the heat until the secret fire ignites the elemental fire within the reaction bottle. You will need to apply more heat than those candles can put out. You could concentrate the sunís rays into the inside of your reaction bottle. Then watch the destruction of the old whorld by fire and the creation of the new whorld in the receiver.

lwowl

09-16-2012, 03:52 AM
Well I am actually trying to mimick that suns rays through ingenuity.
I have witnessed changes made by the sun.
I believe these changes are due to fluxing between dry and moist. This dry and moist happens because of the special distillation. This distillation is due to the inside being hotter than outside. Thus its an active circulating condensation. "Dew circulation".

09-16-2012, 03:54 AM
But! I will do what ya say. I'm a sucker for experimentation. I find a great deal of joy in it.unfortunately I only have 3 1/2 available days a week.

solomon levi
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
How about keeping the outside cool with an ice bath and then making the inside
hot with Na/K hydroxide and a little water or moist plant matter and sealing it before the heat grows?

09-22-2012, 05:43 AM
Na/k hydroxide? Where does one get the k hydroxide from?
Lol good thinkin though. I hadn't thought of it :).
Though it will have to wait till the 9th till I can put it into action. I've spent the rest of what I have on a glass retort :). It shall be my super penguin.

Anyway. I have not abandoned my one vessal path. Though I am convinced it is possibly a very quick path "if one can get the proportions right" and at the same time not burn the material inside.

I am convinced that the mystery behind this is the drying ability of the sun.
the plant fluxes,between moist and dry. Thus all is extracted. This is how nature extracts. And nourishes.I spent a good deal of time looking for an article I came upon 6 years ago.

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/collchem.html
^ the article.

I'm curiouse. Here is a theory.
Water is the universal solvent.
Take a glass of water. Slowly put dirt in it. As the water absorbed the dirt. It becomes fat. We call it mud. Often we see dirt as absorbing water. It is a vice versa magnetic attraction. But without the water,you simply have dirt.
Anyway. If you distil green tea with a low heat.
Letting the plant become partially dry. But not too dry for fear of burning. Add a bit of the distilled spirit back on. And basically manually flux the plant between moist and dry. Using the distillit to moisten repeatedly. If this flux between moist and dry is what is causing the plant to turn white. Then this pushed to an extreme. Could cause the water to literally become fat with the soul of the plant.

As water becomes mud.

Thus you would literally gain a stone composed of nothing but the plants virtues highly concentrated. A bare boiling would evaporate the water. Leaving a solid stone.

The funny thing is. With my jar in the sun experiment. The plant itself only changes colors when it fluxes between moist and dry. Meaning in a single vessal. Proportion is everything.
But even more curious. The water will be green when the plant is green. But the water is completely clear when the plant is washed white.

Unfortunately I've only pushed it past whiteness twice within the jar.other times I get whiteness red and green all together as some parts of the plant do not get exposed to dryness as much as others.
The sun is such an unreliable part of nature.

Anyway. I hope this post made sense. I work extensively 4 days out of the week. Am extremely tires. An use a phone as my network device. :p :).
Comments on my new theory?

Although the single jar method is most likley the fastest. I am no master of the art. And everything is an assumption to be tested untilled I am. :)

Corvidus
09-26-2012, 12:12 AM
I noticed that plant material placed in a jar with the right proportion of liquid "not too much,not too little" will bleach white.
For example a leaf or grass will turn yellow,then white. Under right conditions that white turns red,then black.
When all the green material turns white, their is more liquid in the jar then when you start.

Oh hey there Avaar,
Not sure how helpful this will be, but your idea to 'bleach' plant matter reminded me of this. It somewhat mimics solomon levi's response.
By placing fresh plant matter into a jar of sea salt and water (making a clear water), it will turn white.
By placing fresh plant matter into a jar of potassium carbonate and water (making a yellow water), it will turn black.

I have pictures around here somewhere. . . as soon as I find them and figure out how to post them, I will.

Corvidus
09-26-2012, 12:57 AM
here they are:

Sea salt and water (http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/chorvidus/0925121831a_zps136383ef.jpg)

Potassium carbonate and water (http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u502/chorvidus/0925121831_zps7445cecb.jpg)

The image quality is poor, it's also via cellphone.. There are two leaves in the 'yellow water'. The one that appears slightly red/brown and green was not fresh from the plant, but had been dried out first. I can't remember if the fresh leaf went straight to black or passed through red. The jars were set next to a west facing window in the late summer and falls months and had only exposure to minimal amounts of sunlight (4:00 pm to sunset at around 7:30 or 8 pm)

My analysis is that the sea salt dehydrates the plant matter, turning it all white.
The yellow potassium carbonate water cooks the plant matter in some way.
In Ayurvedic philosophy, Yellow is a color of pitta dosha which concentrates in and has affinity for the stomach region. Pitta is related to the Fire and Water elements and is responsible for transmutation of foodstuffs into chyme and experience into knowledge, among other things.

Interesting to note that the stomach is mostly acidic rather than alkaline, but the gastric acid is a combination of hydrochloric acid, potassium chloride (a salt) and sodium chloride (table salt). It seems, at least for plants, that if you take out the acid the structure does not break down as well, if at all--the white plant was left in its water for almost six months--but is still processed in some way.

Hope this helps you in your experiments, or at least gives you a different perspective or ideas of where to go :)
I look forward to reading more about your undertaking.

10-07-2012, 06:55 AM
Interesting. Yes my plants will not turn white if they lay within too much water, or too little water. Too much water causes rotting and no white. Too little water causes the plant to dry and stay green.

Ive had to wait 18 agonizing days for my retort. :P
Should arrive this Monday. Unfortunately i work Monday. SO! Monday night the mad experiments shall begin! bwahaha! =]

Krisztian
10-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Ive had to wait 18 agonizing days for my retort. :P
Should arrive this Monday. Unfortunately i work Monday. SO! Monday night the mad experiments shall begin! bwahaha! =]

That's both the beauty and the agony of this Royal Art - timing that is! I can completely relate.

10-11-2012, 03:14 AM
Tips and tricks are welcome. I have my retort. Am going to use sand bath on stove.
I have a cooking thermometer "only good till 400įf"
I was using what seemed to be a steel pan"bottom is warped and colored "
I am going to use an iron pot now.
I am going to use tin foil to put on my retort "in order to shield the glass from abrasive sand"
should I submerse the retort half way into the sand? Let it rest on the surface?
Any other hints?
As well,in distilling water,it seems the water vapor will only ascend so high. Then the atmosphereic pressure makes it condense before it reaches far enough in the neck. Basically I have to use much higher heat.