PDA

View Full Version : Microscopes ?

thoth
09-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Hi, the time has come where I need to get some more lab equipment. I was looking to get a binocular microscope capable of looking at say blood samples etc. Just wondering if anyone has discovered some good sources of such equipment ? Ideally something with a camera.

I had been keeping an eye on an online liquidation site "equipnet" but they are most for USA events.

Or if anyone has advice on what type of microscopes to get I would appreciate it thanks

z0 K
09-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi, the time has come where I need to get some more lab equipment. I was looking to get a binocular microscope capable of looking at say blood samples etc. Just wondering if anyone has discovered some good sources of such equipment ? Ideally something with a camera.

I had been keeping an eye on an online liquidation site "equipnet" but they are most for USA events.

Or if anyone has advice on what type of microscopes to get I would appreciate it thanks

I'm in the USA but I use this one from China:
http://www.buy.com/prod/usb-digital-computer-microscope-camera-webcam-black-200x-1-3-mp-with/222931093.html?listingId=147632858
It's very good for the money and hooks up to your computer via usb.

z0 K

Ghislain
09-25-2012, 11:30 PM
The specs look good for the money as you say z0 K

Now I just need to find a furnace that runs of a usb :)

I think I shall order the scope.

Thanks z0 K

Ghislain

Andro
09-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Now I just need to find a furnace that runs of a usb :)

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/522/573/262/1281928158692_hz-myalibaba-web6_6300.jpg

Corvidus
09-26-2012, 01:20 AM
@ Androgynus:
Sweet!

@ thoth
I bought an amscope 1000x optical microscope that I am happy with. Very good views of things such as blood ;)
however the camera adapter for it is pretty much the same price as the scope. . .

Ezalor
09-26-2012, 04:00 AM
There are a few people out there making such adapters. In some cases it is merely a piece of tube you screw into the camera optics like a filter, plug it into the scope in place of the removed eyepiece, and zoom in... while others may require lenses inside them to adjust the focus for the camera's range.

Maybe you find someone making it for cheap, or maybe you find information on how to make it yourself if you are lucky enough and yours does not require lenses in the adapter.