PDA

View Full Version : "flavor"

solomon levi
10-09-2012, 02:16 AM
"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted?
It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick;
and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
and glorify your Father which is in heaven." - Matthew 5: 13-14

I wanted to start a thread on this idea of "flavor" which Nibiru has brought to my attention.
When he says "flavor", I always relate it to this verse and "savor" and salt.
Maybe Nibiru will comment and expand. If not I'll try to.

Nibiru
10-09-2012, 03:12 AM
Flavor is what gives the beauty or spirit to a substance in the way I see it. Music, art, situations, and people can all carry their own flavor. When the flavor is 'faviorable', then so is the substance/matter/person/art/entheogen that holds it. Without the flavor the substance looses its worth, with the 'wrong' flavor it looses it's appeal. Flavor does not have to remain fixed, it can be increased, altered, or decreased occordingly. The substance is not of importance to me, only the 'flavor'...

I don't know how to really put it into words, but thank you Solomon for trying to make me. :)

solomon levi
10-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Thanks Nibiru. :)

An aspect I like to relate it to is magic and intention...
if you don't bring it/intend it (magic/dreaming) it won't be there,
or you won't see it if it is there. You are the salt/light/flavor of the world.

solomon levi
10-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Anyway, salt's savor is sulphur. Maybe this is not coming across. This is about alchemy.

Nibiru
10-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Anyway, salt's savor is sulphur. Maybe this is not coming across. This is about alchemy.

Just a minute, now you're going over my head. Savor or Savior?? ;)

...and on a possibly related note.... Why is it that sugar, salt, and carbon; the bearer/vessel/thrown of the flavor/sulfur/savior tend to form into cubic structures with six sides??? So many damn questions, lol!!!

solomon levi
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I like where you're going with that. :)