PDA

View Full Version : grace and the golden rule

solomon levi
10-19-2012, 10:02 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule

Also known as the law of reciprocity, this is not merely a moral suggestion for behavior,
but also the answer to how our current state/reality arose.
Your life/reality is a reflection of yourself.
I've said before that alchemy is more like feng shui than chemistry...
if you want to attract a phoenix, build a nest.
If you want God's grace/blessing, then lift those you meet.
It takes gold to make gold.

Ilos
10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
The golden rule is something I believe that every decent person has it in him/her. In my opinion you don't really need religion to show you whats right or wrong or how we should behave in society. Everyone should know their human nature and also respect others to and to do that all you have to do is see it in a logical way relating it with your consciousness and your soul. Anyway most of the people want to live in peace and harmony and seeking to avoid society problems that follow with consequences so we can move on with our other problems that we think are the problems to achieve our goals. To achieve the golden rule we should purify our heart at first, learn to forgive and purge that rust from each-other. Think divine.

solomon levi
10-29-2012, 10:48 AM
"As above, so below; as below, so above." - The Emerald Tablet

"Herakleios said to certain of his disciples that just as the date is brought forth by the palm, so also is
the palm tree produced of that same date, and from its root grow the shoots by which it multiplies." - Morienus

I'd like to really communicate the significance of these rules or axioms hermetiques.
So often we recognise a phrase and think we know what it means, but (as my signature suggests)
if we know, why don't we act? If we really understood these things we'd be miracle workers, or
instruments for miracles to happen through, or however you see that. The magic which I experience
in my life comes from understanding and applying these rules (ruler, measuring rod, sacred cubit, golden ratio, etc).

The above and the below, heaven and earth, effluence and influence...
A "host of angels" is at your beckon call, if only you remember who you are and
your relationship to the whole.

The golden rule is not just about morality; it applies to things beyond the realm of mankind.
It is a law of consciousness.

The seer sages who transcribed the I Ching trigrams placed man as the mediator between heaven and earth.
The alchemist Morienus says to King Kalid:
"But the virtues I look for are in God and in His hand, who will do as He will. And while I grant that, as you have said,
life might be easier for me than in the mountains, still only he who sows shall reap, and he must reap that which he has sown.
Now I trust that I have gained some little virtue of my own. A man cannot attain repose except through labors of the spirit...
...The wise know that this unique thing is hidden and that it is what contains the four elements within itself, having power over them".
King Khalid said: "Tell me where the sources of this thing are, whence it may be gathered as there is need of it".
But Morienus fell silent and, casting his gaze downward, reflected deeply for some time. Then he raised his head and spoke:
"Truly, this matter is that created by God which is firmly captive within you yourself, inseparable from you, wherever you be,
and any creature of God deprived of it will die".
King Khalid said: "Give me further explanation in this matter".
Morienus continued: "The disciples of Herakleios inquired of him, saying: Master, the wise men of old handed on their power to
their sons and disciples through books. Now we earnestly request that you set forth to us something of that operation concerning
which the ancient seers spoke so variously. And Herakleios responded and said: O sons of knowledge, know that the blessed
creator most high created the world out of the four dissimilar elements, establishing man as most splendid in their midst".
But King Khalid said: "O Morienus, explain this still further to me".
Morienus said: "What more can I tell you? For this matter comes from you, who are yourself its source, where it is found and
whence it is taken, and when you see this, your zeal for it will increase. Consider this, and you will find that it is true".

solomon levi
11-18-2012, 10:02 PM
Listen. Receive. I am hiding here a great secret.
Many will not read these words.
Some will read and not hear.
Perhaps one will read and awaken!
I swear to you, these words can awaken.
I am sending them, like angels, from the Buddha-Land.

Grace is what the universe seeks and provides.
Grace is the secret of every religion, every ancient school, every magical, alchemical, hermetic art.
It is the Masonic "G" - or if it's not, it should be.
It is a "Wayseer", a Pilgrim, a seer of the Tao/Way, a seer in the Castaneda sense...
What does this word "grace" represent? What feeling? What chord or symphony comes close to it?

A religious person would say, "If enough people pray, God will intervene."
A scientific person would speak of the hundredth monkey effect or singularity or quantum popping.

What more can I add to this thread?
Everything that exists exists in a state of perfection/equilibrium.
Didn't Hermes say in ET, "Its force or power is entire/whole/perfected if it be converted into earth."
Everything that exists exists between implosion and explosion, centrifugal force and centripetal force,
in perfect balance/expression.
This means justice IS/prevails.
This means The Eye of Providence.
This means no one is ever not doing exactly and perfectly what they should be doing.
This means if you don't see that "you are thinking as man thinks, not as God thinks."
Patience isn't trying to be patient - it is the realisation of grace.
Unconditional love is nothing less than this state of all-perfection/grace/equilibrium.
Whatever powers or dreams the Philosophers' stone fulfills cannot be greater than this Gold.
This is the treasure in the field. This is the Pearl of Great Price. This is the Donum Dei.
This is the Light Coming Out of the Darkness. This is also the War of the Knights.
It is Oneness and it is Duality and it is Plurality, for it is All That Is. Everything manifests in a state of perfection,
or it doesn't manifest at all. Your perfect mind is able to imagine otherwise/imperfection.
This ability is the same ability of God to create vessels; the same ability of the Youniverse to fill space/vacuum!
It is the power of Thought/Thoth/Mercury/Prima Materia.

I'll be back. It's a nice day and I have to get outside. :)

Seeker of Truth
11-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Beautiful:

Being Eternal All, Unveiling Truth In Full Unlimitied Love

This is You;
Solomon Levi

I thank You for your beautiful words and your beautiful being which shines through those words.
Your presence at alchemy forums / anywhere is a gift, and I am truly thankful.

Thank You :-)

Awani
11-19-2012, 04:26 AM
It [the golden rule] doesn't always work, like in relationships... sometimes a person has different needs so if I treat someone a certain way (same way I'd like to be treated) it still upsets the other person because that is not how she/he wants it. I have heard in arguments things like that is not how I want to be treated... I won't go into specific examples as it is unnecessary but my experience is that the golden rule won't ensure a smooth relationship. Sometimes we have to treat people in a way that we ourselves would not like to be treated at all.

But in general terms/situations, especially concerning strangers, it works for sure.

:cool:

III
11-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Receiprocity and relationships., now I have some experience in that. In participating with a person or group of persons there are those who will expect to play on an equal basis, a reciprocal basis, and those that expect to play a crooked game with them taking the advanatage. And some people will even lie to you.

solomon levi
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't think the golden rule means that people will do back to you what you do to them.
That's a linear interpretation. What it means to me is that what you do to others
you are doing to yourself NOW - no time. Others are yourself. Karma is instantaneous
when you are present, which is the same as saying that karma, as people usually think
of it, does not exist for such a person. Time-delayed karma is for people in time delay.
When you are present, there is always resolve and wholeness. Time karma is parts.

The duality view of equilibrium is that perfection exists in pairs. Everything that comes
out of the equilibrium, which means everything, manifests in balance. So if you see half
a truth (such as good, light, murder, etc) its other half exists somewhere balancing it.
Due to this separation, which is time-delay which is a manifestation of choice/personal
consciousness, we see all kinds of APPARENT disharmonies. But equilibrium is a law
that is never bent or broken. Doubting that is doubting God, god's love, God's justice, etc.
Not that I'm asking anyone to believe anything..

So there is linear karma for linear people, and the separation of time often makes it difficult
to see, so we call it luck or fortune or fate or whatever.
Cause and effect, an equal reaction for every action, karma... these are time/linear interpretations
of equilibrium. Equilibrium manifests throughout the spectrum of consciousness. It is basically
the Law of One. But we also see a law of polarity, a law of three, a law of seven... whatever. The
more parts involved, the more difficult it becomes to see equilibrium. But equilibrium is not IMO
something to be theorised or searched out from the plurality - it is something to be known from
the unity. When it is seen there, it is seen everywhere. This is probably what "faith" is meant to
represent - not blind belief. Unity/One = All. There is no part of the All not in equilibrium.
This is the essence of magic. I can't imagine any other magic than equilibrium magic. Magic
which involves forcing your will on something is simply time-delayed equilibrium magic - the
more aligned with equilibrium you are, the less force required, the less time delay experienced.
Everything is a miracle, but we call those things "miracles" which happen instantaneously.

Equilibrium is freedom (libre = free), and everything is free because everything exists in
equilibrium. But we only call those "free" who realise the omnipresence of equilibrium - who
are not in time delay. But freedom is everywhere. The Buddha sees all as free/enlightened.

Alchemy tells us that the two streams come from one root. Inside and outside define one vessel.
Al cheumia (fusion, melting) is joining (yoga, union) the opposites back into the root - seeing
and living in equilibrium/Oneness. Alchemy tells us we cannot do this unless we first put these
opposites into solution. What is the mercurial solvent that makes all things One prima materia?
Am I speaking of anything else?
"Ah, but you are speaking of spiritual alchemy, not practical lab alchemy."
Are you sure? I see no difference. How could they be different?
Does a vortex creat gravity or gravity create a vortex?
Or is it both as alchemy tells us - mercury solves sulphur, sulphur fixes mercury.
Does the nest draw the bird or the bird draw the nest?

"There are two magnets in man, i.e., two wills contending for man; the one related to the Divine Centre, the other to the self center. Therefore these two contend for the soul. The Hermetic picture of the two dogs, the Corascene dog and that of Armenia, as they sometimes are called, is an illustration of the Duellum betweenthe two knights; in the common life they are not in contact, they are remote form each other, the one, that related to the self-will, being carried out through the senses; the other, the good life, being hidden and requiring to be sought out by the will and desire of man turned towards it."

"“Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you”, said our Lord. This, in its application to the Hermetic Art, and when the principle governs the seeker, is really the shortest as well as the truest road to the attainment of all that is promised or can be looked for." - Suggestive Enquiry by Mary Anne Atwood

more to come on Thought and vessels, which our world is one...

solomon levi
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Thank you so much Seeker of Truth :)

Awani
11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Ok Sol, I see your angle;)

:cool:

III
11-20-2012, 04:16 AM
I don't think the golden rule means that people will do back to you what you do to them.
That's a linear interpretation. What it means to me is that what you do to others
you are doing to yourself NOW - no time. Others are yourself. Karma is instantaneous
when you are present, which is the same as saying that karma, as people usually think
of it, does not exist for such a person. Time-delayed karma is for people in time delay.
When you are present, there is always resolve and wholeness. Time karma is parts.

The duality view of equilibrium is that perfection exists in pairs. Everything that comes
out of the equilibrium, which means everything, manifests in balance. So if you see half
a truth (such as good, light, murder, etc) its other half exists somewhere balancing it.
Due to this separation, which is time-delay which is a manifestation of choice/personal
consciousness, we see all kinds of APPARENT disharmonies. But equilibrium is a law
that is never bent or broken. Doubting that is doubting God, god's love, God's justice, etc.
Not that I'm asking anyone to believe anything..

So there is linear karma for linear people, and the separation of time often makes it difficult
to see, so we call it luck or fortune or fate or whatever.
Cause and effect, an equal reaction for every action, karma... these are time/linear interpretations
of equilibrium. Equilibrium manifests throughout the spectrum of consciousness. It is basically
the Law of One. But we also see a law of polarity, a law of three, a law of seven... whatever. The
more parts involved, the more difficult it becomes to see equilibrium. But equilibrium is not IMO
something to be theorised or searched out from the plurality - it is something to be known from
the unity. When it is seen there, it is seen everywhere. This is probably what "faith" is meant to
represent - not blind belief. Unity/One = All. There is no part of the All not in equilibrium.
This is the essence of magic. I can't imagine any other magic than equilibrium magic. Magic
which involves forcing your will on something is simply time-delayed equilibrium magic - the
more aligned with equilibrium you are, the less force required, the less time delay experienced.
Everything is a miracle, but we call those things "miracles" which happen instantaneously.

Equilibrium is freedom (libre = free), and everything is free because everything exists in
equilibrium. But we only call those "free" who realise the omnipresence of equilibrium - who
are not in time delay. But freedom is everywhere. The Buddha sees all as free/enlightened.

Alchemy tells us that the two streams come from one root. Inside and outside define one vessel.
Al cheumia (fusion, melting) is joining (yoga, union) the opposites back into the root - seeing
and living in equilibrium/Oneness. Alchemy tells us we cannot do this unless we first put these
opposites into solution. What is the mercurial solvent that makes all things One prima materia?
Am I speaking of anything else?
"Ah, but you are speaking of spiritual alchemy, not practical lab alchemy."
Are you sure? I see no difference. How could they be different?
Does a vortex creat gravity or gravity create a vortex?
Or is it both as alchemy tells us - mercury solves sulphur, sulphur fixes mercury.
Does the nest draw the bird or the bird draw the nest?

"There are two magnets in man, i.e., two wills contending for man; the one related to the Divine Centre, the other to the self center. Therefore these two contend for the soul. The Hermetic picture of the two dogs, the Corascene dog and that of Armenia, as they sometimes are called, is an illustration of the Duellum betweenthe two knights; in the common life they are not in contact, they are remote form each other, the one, that related to the self-will, being carried out through the senses; the other, the good life, being hidden and requiring to be sought out by the will and desire of man turned towards it."

"“Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you”, said our Lord. This, in its application to the Hermetic Art, and when the principle governs the seeker, is really the shortest as well as the truest road to the attainment of all that is promised or can be looked for." - Suggestive Enquiry by Mary Anne Atwood

more to come on Thought and vessels, which our world is one...

Hi Solomon,

Karma is instantaneous when you are present,

Exactly. One is in reflection mode with things. Instant feedback. Equilibrium - balance. Real changes are reflected immediately.

solomon levi
11-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi III! Thanks for verifying this view.

Let's see if I can pick up what I was seeing about the earth vessel. I had said:

"Everything manifests in a state of perfection, or it doesn't manifest at all.
Your perfect mind is able to imagine otherwise/imperfection.
This ability is the same ability of God to create vessels; the same ability of the Youniverse to fill space/vacuum!
It is the power of Thought/Thoth/Mercury/Prima Materia."

Here is Castaneda's description:
"Warrior-travelers are sorcerer who, by being warriors, travel in the dark sea of awareness. Human beings are travelers of the dark sea of awareness, and this Earth is but a station on their journey; for extraneous reasons, the travelers have interrupted their voyage. Human beings are caught in a sort of eddy, a current that goes in circles, giving them the impression of moving while they are, in essence, stationary. Sorcerers are the only opponents of whatever force keeps human beings prisoners, and by means of their discipline sorcerers brake loose from its grip and continue their journey of awareness."

eddy: A movement of water, counter to a main current, causing a small whirlpool.

In quantum mechanics, it has been said that matter is gravitationally trapped light.
Similarly the ego is a closed loop/system - self-affirming, self-reflecting...
Saturn is the principle of contraction:
"The Sulphur, the pure light of life, is bound down in the inferior mineral region of life, and has to be drawn forth and transplanted into the medial region before it can grow and become manifest. It is brought up like a graft, “verbum invisible fiat palpable et germinabit ut radix.” You see, the central hidden light (there’s the mystery) is hidden in the voluntary contrariation which is a salt and a poison to it, and therefore Sendivogius says that Saturn (i.e., Will) has the Key to the prison where Sulphur lies bound; for that which Will has bound, Will only can unbind." - Atwood, Suggestive Inquiry (parentheses are NOT mine)

I hope I'm painting a picture...

The thing is, every vessel has its inside and outside, which are the same only one is
bound/fixed/within/determined/conditioned and one is volatile/without/undetermined.
The "imperfection" that the mind can see is simply a fixation/emphasis on conditioning, on
one side of the coin.

Krishnamurti is very helpful in solving this:
http://books.google.com/books?id=SDmG5kzB9bUC&pg=PA113&lpg=PA113&dq=krishnamurti+the+container+is+the+content&source=bl&ots=ltMF1i-9Zp&sig=aT3Tv2zBfrqpYJGSCIpvwOAe1GE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=ODSsUND9I-TkyAHl34CgCw&ved=0CC4Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=krishnamurti%20the%20container%20is%20the%20cont ent&f=false

This basically says the container (the mind) and its contents (thought) and the juggler of the contents (you)
are all the same thing - consciousness.