PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!! Cipro/fluoride negative effects!!!

Bobby
10-23-2012, 06:14 AM
Hello, hope all is well. Unfortunately im having a rather bad day... I'll try to make this as short as I can. My Urologist, without knowing my exact diagnosis, prescribed me Doxy for ten days and Cipro (1 time dose of two 500mg pills.) I went to my GI as I have UC and he informed that it would be ok to take both with probiotics. I planned on looking at the side effects for the drugs as i always due. Well this time it turns out I didn't since i had just woken up and i figured its like a regular antibiotic treatment. I saw Cipro's long list but it was cut off half way so i didnt see the "blackbox" warning. So i took all the pills. Well about twenty minutes afterward i start reading the side effects.. but i was like im sure these are extremely rare rare cases.. To my horror i discovered many more cases than i thought of severe side effects... At this point an hour had passe and i contemplated forced vomiting.. but after an hour in an empty stomach i figured it was too late Its been about 24 hours to be exact... it is my only dose of cip prescribed. I have weakness and pains in my achilles tendon.. both of them. Didnt get much sleep probably due to anxiety. My finger joints have slight pain.. I cant reallywalk :( .. Doc says wait a few days. I dont know why i was prescribed this when doxy alone wouldve been just fine . No need for it at all. I also had prednisone for the UC but that was 8 months ago im hoping it doesnt contribute.. Prior to the meds i also had slight muscle weakness which i attibuted to infection... So my question is.. 48 hours into a single 1000mg dose of cipro... what can i do??? I've read that many of these side effects are due to fluoridation cause by the meds... I would like to detoxify the fluoride.. ive read about borax.. tamarinds.. and iodine.. I already started taking magnesium (as oxide) dont know if its the right kind... Can someone give me an effective outlined plan on how to detoxify? what specific drugs do i need? where can i get them? Please please help i dont want to experience long term debilitation injuries.. i love sports and would be devestated... only 48 hours since i ingested this poison.. can someone be kind enough to help me??? please!!! If you have any info that can help me please!!! Thank you alchemists

theFool
10-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I was reading in a forum that it destroys the younger cartilage cells and they take many months to regenerate. So, be very careful when exercising for the next 9 - 12 months.

Where did you found that the side-effects are caused by fluoride? I think the side effects are caused because some slow growing cells are killed (cartilage, bones, tooth, neurons). They regenerate but it takes time, don't worry.

I dont know why i was prescribed this when doxy alone wouldve been just fine .

The "Doc" takes money from the company every time he prescribes their patented "medicine" (plus he makes you a long term disabled patient = more money). Know also that Cipro never passed through the normal FDA testing for adverse effects. It was allowed to come in the market as a quick way to "prevent" the anthrax "epidemic" which was "threatening" US (remember the mail letters with anthrax?). It was supposed to be a third class antibiotic, to be used only in the ER, only when the other antibiotics have failed.

Bobby
10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Indeed I read up on it.. However it was on the market previously I think since late 80's but it wasn't well known to the public at least till the anthrax stuff.. It also has some other problems.. I'm in the ER right now because my chest has some pain and my heart was beating pretty hard. Anyway to counter act the effects of the drug since its only been 48 hrs? So far I've been taking magnesium citrate, vitamin C, vitamin d, I took some calcium.. And also been drinking a lot of distilled water. I've read that some of the symptoms might be related to the fluoride as the symptoms are quite similar to a fluoride over dose.. In some cases anyway.. Ive also heard of some success with iodine treatment which I'm considering... I made the biggest mistake in my life that day by taking two pills.. Never imagined it was possible.. Really let myself down. Any advice and tips would highly be appreciated.

Bobby
10-23-2012, 02:39 PM
I've also been taking the other antibiotic which I was given at same time should I stop taking it? I mean what is your opinion? Sad since all I needed was this one to begin with.. I'm in so much resentment due to my failure to check up on it :( I also didnt get any warning from two docs prior to taking it including my GI who doesn't stand to gain. The urologist said to ask GI if ok to take, GI says no problem... Unfortunetaly I didn't discover the horrors till nearly an hour after pills after taking them... My side effects form was missing half so I didn't see the warnings... :( my joints are cracking when making easy movements... I'm trying to limit my movements as much as I can. GI knew I had muscle pains prior to taking them as well !! Probably due to infection possibly.. But he didn't even mention it!

zoas23
10-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh.... I had taken that antibiotic too!!!!
And I experienced all the side-effects.

If you want my OPINION: Don't stop taking it... it's a terrible idea to quit an antibiotic, because you may become immune to its effects later and you may need it again in your life.
The side effects are very easy to perceive and I assume it will get worst. So, yeah... Gym or any physiical effort will become risky in the next few months (but it's just 90 days more or less... it's not something that will last more than that.... it won't last forever! ). All the other side effects finish mostly at the same time you stop taking the antibiotic.
Whilst taking the antibiotic, you'll feel like shit... take it for granted... on the other hand, it's not THAT bad... it mostly feels like having a bad flu (without the breathing problems and without sneezing) or being sick with fever, but it's not worst than that either.

Anyway... you have a bacteria to kill.... and that's the best way to do it. I've been there and it's not THAT bad.

The achilles tendom pain is normal, specially if you have to use stairs (LOL... the trick is to walk on the stairs like a frankenstein impersonator, without stretching your tendoms or it may cause some pain). Don't worry... nothing terrible will happen, even if it won't be an experience of joy. It's really not so terrible.

Bobby
10-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Hello, thanks for responding. Glad to see some people don't have terrible side effects. Well my dose was only 2 500mg pills... But here I am 3 days later with chest pains and bad Achilles pains... They gave me crutches.. I go to college this is going to be terrible to deal with. I might have to ski some time... All because of two pills!!! That I didn't need as there was no confirmed infection yet!!! And even if there is doxycycline would've took care of it! I feel so stupid for thinking this was just another antibiotic.. I can miss out of many months of being myself due to something I didn't need and something that can have long term effects... Hope this goes away soon!

theFool
10-23-2012, 08:55 PM
And also been drinking a lot of distilled water. This will leech out valuable minerals and can be life threatening. You may cause more trouble. A heart may have palpitations because of low potassium levels.

I've read that some of the symptoms might be related to the fluoride as the symptoms are quite similar to a fluoride over dose.. The upsetting of the gastrointestinal tract, happens because the antibiotic kills all the natural bacteria of the intestines. Some people mistake this with effects of toothpaste poisoning. Ciproxin is very effective at killing all kind of life and almost always causes great intestine problems when taken for long periods.

My opinion is to just calm down and follow the advice of zoas23. Unfortunately, we don't know what can be taken as an antidote.

zoas23
10-23-2012, 09:10 PM
To put it in a simple way... I had to take that antibiotic without any diagnostic either.
The only problem I had was the urge to pee every 30 minutes... I went to the urologist and he gave me the same medicines your urologist gave you.
This is a standard procedure, because some bacterial urinary infections CAN have terrible side-effects for males... which go from becoming sterile... to getting unable to pee in a normal way again and having to live the rest of your life with a catheter inserted in your urinary bladder draining you pee and having to carry a plastic bag of pee attached to you. I bet that such thing would be by far less happy than having to reduce the physical activity for 90 days.

So... yeah... you are facing a standard procedure in which they are giving you an antibiotic "just in case" that you have a bacteria that may damage you by far worst than the antibiotic can.
Of course, there's big chances that what you have doesn't need something THAT strong... but what if you do? It's like playing Russian Roulette.

For God's sake... if you have decided not to take the antibiotic or you are concerned about the side effects, please go back to your urologist and ask him WHY he's giving you that medicine without a diagnosis and if it's a good idea to take the chance to wait for a complete dignosis before doing something about it. Talk to him about your concerns about the side effects, ask him to explain you which other "side effects" you may be facing by refusing to take the antibiotics.

Andro
10-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately, we don't know what can be taken as an antidote.

I would go to the best Homeopath available and tell them all the details of what happened. In addition, vegetable juices.

I once (years ago) took a strong antibiotic (for a tooth infection) and it completely disrupted my digestive system. I couldn't get anything in or out. Also ended up in the ER. They were useless.

On the way back, the friend who took me to the ER stopped at a supermarket and bought some vegetables (I don't remember exactly which ones, but nothing fancy).

When we got back to my house he juiced them for me. I started drinking and within half an hour I already felt considerable relief, after a week of pain, vomiting, constipation and general desperation.

I'm not sure to what extent this is comparable to your case, just bringing some additional perspective to the table.

I also consider the recommendations of theFool and Zoas23 worth implementing.

However, I would also seek the advice of a trustworthy Herbalist and/or Naturopath, for a more 'professional' opinion, as well as for your personal confidence.

This truly sounds to me like a case where natural medicine could do wonders.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Bobby
10-24-2012, 01:45 AM
I thank you all for your replies.. And I didn't stop the dose early these were his instructions.. 2 pills at once only once. Ok so I guess I'll stick to Poland spring. I guess the vitamin C and Magnesium are fine? And I would have rather not have taken these as ive had a uti before and got rid of it with doxy.. And i had minimal symptoms compared to that time to be honest but what's done is done I'm looking forward to healing up. @ Zoas how long did the soreness last on your achilles tendons? And what about the cracking in the joints? Do u play sports? Those are the things that worry me most as I enjoy playing sports and would like to eventually do so again.

Bobby
10-24-2012, 03:10 AM
Additionally I plan to get some ankle support in the mean time.. Those socks that provide support lol @ andro thanks allot for your advice. Yeah natural would be better than V8 right? Lol I haven had to much GI issues. Do you remember which antibiotic you took?

vega33
10-24-2012, 03:02 PM
I am not a doctor or medical professional and none of the below should be taken to constitute medical advice.

With that in mind... Iodine can be used to detoxify fluoride. Nascent iodine tincture I have found to work best in my own experience. You may find a sub forum devoted to fluoride detox on curezone as well. Good luck in making your decision as to how to proceed.

zoas23
10-24-2012, 03:43 PM
I thank you all for your replies.. And I didn't stop the dose early these were his instructions.. 2 pills at once only once. Ok so I guess I'll stick to Poland spring. I guess the vitamin C and Magnesium are fine? And I would have rather not have taken these as ive had a uti before and got rid of it with doxy.. And i had minimal symptoms compared to that time to be honest but what's done is done I'm looking forward to healing up. @ Zoas how long did the soreness last on your achilles tendons? And what about the cracking in the joints? Do u play sports? Those are the things that worry me most as I enjoy playing sports and would like to eventually do so again.

The achilles tendom thing pain goes away slowly each day. After 10 days or 2 weeks of not taking the medicine the "pain" should be completely gone... but there's still a safe time-span in which you shouldn't play sports. Talk with a doctor about it. I don't play sports, but it's the same thing. I remember my worst problem was the stairs.
This time-span isn't too long, I feel uneasy giving you advice about WHEN you can play sports again, so it's better if you talk about it with a doctor.
This antibiotis fucks all the tendoms, not specially the achilles one... it's just that the achilles tendom is also the place where I felt it the most. So, yes, you may feel it in other areas of the body.

Anyway... you are certainly going to be able to play sports again in a few weeks after finishing with the medicine. There are no ultra-long lasting effects, neither "eternal effects"... and once you return to playing sports, I'm 100% sure that you won't feel any difference. In short: this is certainly not something that is going to change your life or your life-style forever! It is by far less important than a n avergage bone fracture (a hundred times less important than a bone fracture!).

Andro
10-24-2012, 04:12 PM
Google Search: How To Reverse Side Effects Of Ciprofloxacin (https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=how+to+reverse+side+effects+of+ciprofloxacin&oq=rever+side+effects+of+ciprofloxacin&gs_l=hp.1.0.0i7i5i30.303623.305132.2.307392.6.6.0. 0.0.0.263.1239.0j2j4.6.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.Tlqajz hGq7A&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=34e95fef4679c5b3&bpcl=35466521&biw=1900&bih=909)

Bobby
10-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Thanks for your replies. @vega I've also heard borax mentioned.. Which one is better? @ Zoas my GI says the same thing... That within a couple of weeks I should be good.. And yeah you're right it is all tendons but I guess we feel it more in Achilles since it bears a lot of weight... I'd gladly sit out of sports for a few months.. As long as I'm walking again soon.. As I need to keep up with college and a new job I'll be starting shortly.. Did you also experience those cracking sounds in the joints as I have? Just curious... Its been tough to walk for 2 days ive been walking like an old man.. Also it may be rare but some people do experience long term of permanent side effects.. Rare but they do happen which is why I'm concerned... Some of these are psychological or physical. Recently I've been having some chest pain around my heart which has worried me.. But it might be due to the serious stress I've imposed on my body... HoPe it subsides soon.. The fact that it was only two pills brings me some positive thinking. And although u don't play sports, did you feel 100% after those few weeks, like u could if u did play? Forgive me asking such detailed questions it's just good to know considering you've been through it..

vega33
10-27-2012, 11:35 PM
I've heard Borax mentioned before but I haven't used it myself, so I can't say one is better than the other. The nascent iodine I have used and continue to use to manage my gums (it helped me with reversing my periodontitis). I generally tend during research to check anecdotes from other people and take the weight of answers and note any negative responses, and then test on myself. There are a lot of good alternative health forums available out there, curezone and earthclinic are the two I've found the most helpful info from, but there are others as well.

Bobby
10-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks again for your reply.. So how is this iodine actually taken? I think I might try it out.. I'm walking a lot better now.. But again I keep having chest pains.. EKG was a little alarming so they kept me in hospital for 2 days.. They say I'm ok from blood tests and that pain should subside.. I'm convinced it was probably the pills.. Either that or an acute virus says the doctor.. Hope it goes away I might see a cardiologist to be sure.

Bobby
11-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Hey I've been researching iodine, I find most are expensive.. Which one do you use or recommend? Also @thefool, can u provide the link for that forum or page you read? If possible.

Bobby
11-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Just to update everyone... It's been two complete weeks and I still have Achilles soreness... Can't walk for more then like 5 minutes without feeling soreness... The cracking in joints all over my body has gotten worse.. They crack just from basic minimal movements... My neck and back feel sore. All the way down to butt.. Eyes are dry and bloodshot with some floaters increase. Suffered a few days with some bad headaches and light sensitivity.. The headaches seem to have gone still have some light sensitivity. Scariest of all I still have the chest pain! It lowers at times but at others like right now boy it is strong! Radiates around heart to left shoulder and up to ear... Like a heart attack. Def have to see a cardiologist this is painful and scary.. And considering my EKG was abnormal last time in ER .. I had less pain.. Ekg would probably come up worse now! Also had some high blood pressure that time... Gonna see cardiologist but in mean time might go to ER again if it continues.. Also woke up twice with left then right hand numb and tingling..and I wasn't sleeping on it. This is having a bad effect on my college work :-( ... Two weeks out and things are worse.. I've done a TON of research and bought a bunch of supplements which I will list here shortly.. Any thoughts would be appreciated... And no.. I am not making this up.. Two weeks ago I was fine.. Now I am in pain and uncertain.. To Zoas .. Long term or permanent damage with these drugs is indeed possible... More common than the FDA has people believe.. Wish I would've known prior to two pills which I didn't need tests came back negative.. I'm hoping I'm not one of those cases.. :( will list my supplements shortly. Oh btw.. It is said this class of drugs shouldn't ever be prescribed to athletes unless it is the last resort.. Again wish I would've known.. Will update :(