PDA

View Full Version : Experiences of Tiphareth

Lo!
10-25-2012, 09:02 PM
This may be too personal to openly discuss, but in the aquarian spirit of the sharing of information and experience, I'll pose the question anyway.

What are some of your most profound experiences of Tiphareth, or pathworking therefrom / thereto ?

Can you remember the first time you truly broke into this sphere? How did it happen? Were you being instructed by a mentor, or were you in a deep state of meditation? Were you at an event where you felt at one with everyone around you, or were you secluded in nature? What did you learn?

How do you prepare to experience Tiphareth? Let's make this a general discussion of qabalistic / pathworking experiences and what we've learned from them.

I myself don't think that I've ever truly been in a state wherein I was completely centered and integrated into the state of consciousness one would associate with Tiphareth. I've only ever received its council in the form of unexpected and beneficial perspective in the course of a deep meditation. The night this happened most noticeably, I drew an image of the three of life with Tiphareth as a burning sun, the flames of which spilled over into Hod and Netzach. That's how I felt... as though I were being influenced more deeply by Tiphareth, but not experiencing it directly.

What do you guys think? Any other experiences of your own?

solomon levi
10-27-2012, 01:55 AM
Hi Lo!
I've some experience with this. Nothing formal (no official magical training in kabbalah),
but I'm certain it is the same "place". I actually dreamt of this place last night and wanted to
comment on it; but I also experience it in waking awareness. I feel like the association with the
sun is spot on - suns/stars have an excellent equilibrium (until they don't) which allows organic
life to manifest and consciousness to further its evolution. I've written quite a bit about Tiphareth,
usually referring to it as the cubic salt or perfect ashlar, because 6 is its number and it is the first
perfect number. In alchemy, when we join mercury and sulphur into an androgynous child, we
have Tiphareth IMO... Christ, Horus, Hermes, etc.
The sun has also been associated with the fourth/heart chakra. When I was being initiated into these
levels, I was always meditating/contemplating the perfect cubic salt and kept doodling this figure:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIt9BhQkeU-MPh92cLUBkuQsv26Gbhnb260xm7WdBaXq8pjpQ5

It's the pics that look like three 7's outlining a cube/hexagon. And I didn't know it was a symbol
for antakarana... I just thought of it alchemically and qabalistically.

see the thread on sal ammoniac, page 2.

I'll try to write more later.
Oh, the "dream" was just the feeling of this perfect equilibrium. I don't recall anything visual about it.
I just felt it and there was some knowledge with the feeling that told me this was the balance of fission
and fusion, explosion and implosion, centrifugal and centripetal, yin and yang, etc...
I often refer to this feeling as "Presence". Kabbalistically, I imagine it is the Shekinah and Maqom:

"When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, "Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it."
He was afraid and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven."
- Genesis 28:16-17

Lo!
10-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Firstly, every time I read "Hi Lo!" I get a gas out of it. How convenient and hermetically relevant my greeting can be! But enough about me... :cool:

It's fascinating to me the revelation of soul. I've never been sure how I felt about the concept of "ego death" as it's speculated upon in books. The majority of the means of our expression our found in the realm of duality. It seems as though expression is our main impulse on the deepest level; that's what God (or THE ALL, or spirit) did at the beginning, and yet, in order to align at the highest level with the experience and shared will of THE ONE you have to kind of .... tune in, and drop out.

Tiphareth seems to be that level of connection where we can learn from and know that spark that's part of everything.... But that gnosis is worthless if we don't ground it back in malkuth, right? Ego, and the operation within a dualistic consciousness would have to be assumed as we attempt to express our connection in a meaningful way. After all, we are incarnated for a purpose (specifically; other than the realization of oneness with God). I think so, anyway.

This thought also makes me ponder the kenosis of Christ in a different way... Hmmm I'll work on that later.:p

solomon levi
11-02-2012, 06:11 AM
:) I thought the same about Hi Lo!

"Ego death"... yeah, it's only the ego that thinks the ego needs to die.

It's interesting what you say about expression being a main impulse. Gurdjieff said we have several kinds of
"food" or necessities - something like this: "We can live for months without food; days without water;
minutes without air; but we can't live a moment without impressions.... So impressions being the complement
of expressions - it makes sense.

Malkuth - yeah, I agree. We can ground it intentionally or let it precipitate.
I wouldn't say worthless though... stretching the mind and/or imagination has value.
Everything is practical on its level. So my agreement is that we want all 10 sephiroth...
we want assiyah, yetzirah, briah, atziluth, all perfectly functional simultaneously.
At least that's what I want. I don't want to leave one behind for the other; I want all.

Purpose... in my comprehension, a purpose we can never miss. But then there are all these
reasons, purposes and meanings that are subjective and invented that end up affecting us in
ways that can be seen as failure and necessitate rebirth according to one's belief.
Purpose is certainly comforting to some/most, but I've also seen purpose as a "question"
which assumes an answer simply because the question can be asked. i.e. "Why are we here?"
assumes there is a reason why we are here. Maybe the universe doesn't function on reasons.
If we don't know for certain, then why believe/invent? Because the ego/identity seeks security...
it is afraid of being seen through for what it is and isn't.

The dualistic consciousness is one option. Unity consciousness is another. Trinity consciousness
is another.... I find value in each of them, which could be called the fourth way/consciousness.

This is just my sharing, of course. I'm not saying one is right or wrong. It's just my habit to
enlarge everything to include as big a picture as I can imagine, excluding nothing. It is my experience
that this awareness is always available if we look for it. I prefer it.