PDA

View Full Version : Re-introduction: vega33

vega33
10-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Hi all

Sol did one of these a while back and now that I might be posting here again a little more frequently I figured I'd do one. Please excuse the momentary drama while I explain where I've been and what happened. I had been hanging out writing stuff on the forum of a certain ex-moderator/co-founder of AF, one that had previously had posts deleted and been banned/left for various reasons. I had left largely because the other forum (I had thought) didn't have that kind of thing going on.

However - wouldn't ya know it? As soon as they started burning the candle at both ends, they started acting the same and deleting my posts from their board, and then banned me because they didn't like the tone of my posts. What didn't they like? Probably me pointing out the post on their Facebook where they had a long conversation with themselves (10 comments in a row all by themselves) about how horrible they thought certain respected members of the alchemical community were who they had recently defriended (that person they were slandering, who I respect, has actually published several books recently, without giving too much away). Perhaps my pointing out how all their young self-righteous anger and vitriol were being funnelled into the alchemical products they sell via their website also had something to do with it :). Who knows? Bottom line: I lost all of my copyrighted content that took me ages to write because they locked me out from accessing it (at least until the ban disappears). I was leaving to not post any more anyway, but the content loss was a nice little slap in the face.

So I'm back here again - for how long I don't know. For those who don't know me: I've been on pretty much all the old alchemical forums/lists before. I'm a Rosicrucian and a student of Nature, living in NZ and fascinated by the thermals we have on the North Island and what they can teach us about our evolving planet. I've been studying the hermetic art for the last 13-14 years (perhaps longer if you count earlier encounters), I will soon have completed my 35th swing around the sun, and live with my partner in the Great Work who I've been happily together with for 6 years.

Philosophically, I'd count Sendivogius as a major influence of mine, along with von Welling and I.C.H., and of course Fulcanelli. Pernety and his contemporaries were also very revealing. I have touched some of the arcana with my own hands, and I consider myself lucky in this respect. Sometimes if I post I may appear to be reducing alchemical doctrines to chemistry or physics, but in reality this is not the case, its just that without writing a whole essay it is difficult for someone to comprehend (especially without inner gnosis) the connections between those forces which move and shape things in the Kosmos, and the truth of the Living One. For those who have experienced this and have this type of knowledge (the ones I write for), I say "Halade mystae! Have you tasted of that balm of Nature without which nothing would live down here?"

Thanks for listening, hopefully I can recreate some of my old content and get some discussion in. If not... more time for the practical application :D.

-M

Awani
10-28-2012, 08:04 PM
Welcome back. The reason both forums had 'that thing going on' is due to the individual in question and not these forums themselves.

If you write important stuff always keep a Word copy for yourself. A lot can happen not only being banned. Forums can be hacked, servers can burn up etc.

:cool:

vega33
10-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks dev. I now have a program called LifeJournal (http://www.lifejournal.com/) that I use not only for personal private journalling but for composing posts. Not the most feature rich program in some respects but it does have a lot of helpful stuff for writers.

Re: said individual, I'm not going to agree that they were the only influence involved back then - everyone has their ego, and I'm sure there was internal bickering going on which is thankfully all behind us now. But their recent behaviour has left me with a bad taste in my mouth (that's what she said :P ), not to mention with concerns for their physical and mental health. And perhaps I should leave it at that... its more constructive for me to talk about other things.

Andro
10-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Thank you for posting this re-introduction, and it's my pleasure to welcome you back here!

Many of us here have had our shares of cold water in the face, under various circumstances. Even more so on an Alchemical playground, things are not always what they seem...

Glad you're back, and looking forward to your posts and insights!!

solomon levi
10-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Welcome vega33!
I look forward to reading you some more.

Krisztian
10-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Please excuse the momentary drama while I explain where I've been and what happened. I had been hanging out writing stuff on the forum of a certain ex-moderator/co-founder of AF, one that had previously had posts deleted and been banned/left for various reasons. I had left largely because the other forum (I had thought) didn't have that kind of thing going on.

However - wouldn't ya know it? As soon as they started burning the candle at both ends, they started acting the same and deleting my posts from their board, and then banned me because they didn't like the tone of my posts. What didn't they like? Bottom line: I lost all of my copyrighted content that took me ages to write because they locked me out from accessing it (at least until the ban disappears). I was leaving to not post any more anyway, but the content loss was a nice little slap in the face.

What you say and elaborate upon I find to be real; I know what you mean.

I'm saddened that you lost your copyrighted material, but I'm reminded when I read such comments of the second-last plate of Mutus Liber, I'm sure you know what I refer to? This Art doesn't belong to humans, it's from the Royal lineage, and we either 'borrow', 'play' or 'pay respect' to alchemy; and the closer you get to the Lapis, the more visible you become, the more 'guarded' the Art is. Things can go astray quickly. It is best not to temp those Forces by being public!

My comment is simply a compliment, if you get my drift?

I'm a Rosicrucian and a student of Nature, living in NZ and fascinated by the thermals we have on the North Island and what they can teach us about our evolving planet. I've been studying the hermetic art for the last 13-14 years (perhaps longer if you count earlier encounters), I will soon have completed my 35th swing around the sun, and live with my partner in the Great Work who I've been happily together with for 6 years.

Philosophically, I'd count Sendivogius as a major influence of mine, along with von Welling and I.C.H., and of course Fulcanelli. Pernety and his contemporaries were also very revealing. I have touched some of the arcana with my own hands, and I consider myself lucky in this respect. Sometimes if I post I may appear to be reducing alchemical doctrines to chemistry or physics, but in reality this is not the case, its just that without writing a whole essay it is difficult for someone to comprehend (especially without inner gnosis) the connections between those forces which move and shape things in the Kosmos, and the truth of the Living One. For those who have experienced this and have this type of knowledge (the ones I write for), I say "Halade mystae! Have you tasted of that balm of Nature without which nothing would live down here?".

New Zealand is beautiful. . . . Without saying more, we have a good many things in common.

Thanks for listening, hopefully I can recreate some of my old content and get some discussion in. If not... more time for the practical application.

I do the same. I didn't post for the past few weeks, concentrated more upon my experiments.

Welcome back.

vega33
10-31-2012, 08:00 PM
What you say and elaborate upon I find to be real; I know what you mean.

I'm saddened that you lost your copyrighted material, but I'm reminded when I read such comments of the second-last plate of Mutus Liber, I'm sure you know what I refer to? This Art doesn't belong to humans, it's from the Royal lineage, and we either 'borrow', 'play' or 'pay respect' to alchemy; and the closer you get to the Lapis, the more visible you become, the more 'guarded' the Art is. Things can go astray quickly. It is best not to temp those Forces by being public!

My comment is simply a compliment, if you get my drift?

I do know what you mean, and thank you. I suppose this is my catch-22 and even part of my natal-chart: the paradox between silence/secrecy and the desire to reveal/share for the good of others. The stage of alchemy has changed since the inception of global communication; and while it is gratifying to be able to discuss things with people, it is tempting to speak without realizing you're discoursing at the peristyle of the temple so to speak. But its a difficult paradox to untangle. How much is too much information?

Andro
11-01-2012, 08:30 AM
[...]the paradox between silence/secrecy and the desire to reveal/share for the good of others. The stage of alchemy has changed since the inception of global communication; and while it is gratifying to be able to discuss things with people, it is tempting to speak without realizing you're discoursing at the peristyle of the temple so to speak. But it's a difficult paradox to untangle. How much is too much information?

if this is better split into a separate thread, all the better

Discussion continued in a more suitable thread: Secrecy & Alchemical Initiations (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?1089-Secrecy-Alchemical-Initiations&p=25418#post25418).