PDA

View Full Version : participation - reciprocity

solomon levi
11-10-2012, 11:59 PM
This is a spin-off from: Spiritus Mundi II: True Light Power and the astral spirit (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3237-Spiritus-Mundi-II-True-Light-Power-and-the-astral-spirit)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Sol, I'm glad someone is. Apparently the other 70 odd viewers must have problems with their reply button @:^).

I suppose I will continue with the next installment.

Yeah, I don't know why people are so silent here.
I hypothesize that those who know don't talk and those who don't know don't talk
for a different reason. Sucks - all this no-talking. Where is the "forum" part of this forum?

Anyway, I consider myself more familiar than most with the EM spectrum and it's possible
association with "from this one thing through adaptation". I'm curious to hear, if you will say,
what practical applications you use. Every entity IS this spectrum of consciousness/light/frequency,
so the "inner" alchemy is fairly obvious and connections with magic/thaumaturgy... less so how
to apply some specifics to a flask.

Andro
11-11-2012, 12:48 AM
When I first created the Spiritus Mundi (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2071-Spiritus-Mundi) thread, it took more than two weeks for the first person to respond. Sometimes it takes a while for a topic/thread to gather momentum, and even then, it needs to be fueled periodically with new input (usually by the OP), especially when dealing with threads/topics such as this one, with so many complex and multi-layered implications.

A lot has already been written by people who apparently 'know' (or 'think/believe they know') as well as by people who admittedly 'don't know' (or 'know' less than they would like to).

Communication on these levels is never easy IMO. What to say, how much, when, where, and to whom. I am already aware of a few people here who have actually benefited in practice from what I and others have written, but the majority were either non-responsive or downright adverse to the concepts presented, not to mention all the 'demanding' PMs.

So I guess it's a good idea for someone else to 'pick up the torch', so to speak, give it some time and see what takes.

I will be following this thread with great interest, and I'm glad you started it.

solomon levi
11-11-2012, 12:57 AM
So many threads are linked now. We're speaking of reciprocity.
Do we really want a light to be extinguished because we can't say "Thanks. Nice post!"
Of course a powerful light will catch the world on fire while it sleeps.
I hope everyone will continue to shine - shining is it's own reward, if we choose
to think in "reward" terms.

Oh - vega33, my thread on complimentary is about the EM spectrum too.
No one commented on it - it's one of my recent favorites. :(
:)

Patience/earth accomplishes all things.
I was seeing recently how people have different wavelengths/fuse lengths.

Andro
11-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Do we really want a light to be extinguished because we can't say "Thanks. Nice post!"

The Sun will shine its Light, regardless if we say "Thanks sun. Nice light" or not.
It's what it does. It's driven/fueled by its own Central Fire/Inner Light, basically by itself.
It doesn't get extinguished by a lack of comments, but only when its own physical 'fuel' runs out.
And sometimes forum posters also run out of their 'sharing fuel', and may need some down/recharge time.
Sometimes, I don't mind having forum conversations with myself.
If only I could convey how much I've learned merely by posting here and reading back what I myself had written... Auto feedback is also a form of feedback, by no means less valid.

I hope everyone will continue to shine

לַכֹּל זְמָן וְעֵת לְכָל-חֵפֶץ

solomon levi
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm pasting this convo here in case people want to add to it.
Reciprocity, participation, appreciation... these are not rules of alchemy forums,
but you won't get far in life without them.

I'm only pushing this because I know for a fact that there are people like vega33 and myself
who may or may not write more due to lack of responses. There have been people and conversations
complaining about secrecy and not enough sharing/revealing... but then there are posts that reveal and
get no response.

Of course, the reveal may come in unexpected forms and not be recognised.

Anyway, we can argue this all kinds of ways... it won't change the fact that some people will
withhold info because they think/feel/know/see/believe they are abiding by universal principles
or omens or whatever. I'm not saying it's right or wrong... I'm just recognising the existence.
If you want more sharing, encourage people to write by responding to their threads.
Even a "like" button would be nice, but we don't have that. So you may find a "thank you for sharing"
or "nice post" or whatever little comment may improve/increase communications here.
It's up to each of you to make the forum what it is.

solomon levi
11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I understand Androgynus' points. I feel I made that point myself.
But not all of us recognise our Sun nature, nor is it necessarily applicable.
The sun gives life equally - not quality of life, not knowledge of life/alchemy...
these are for the individual to cultivate. Thanks/appreciation is an amazing
enzyme/catalyst. We've all heard of this I'm sure.
We can argue about whether this is ego or not. I don't care to argue it.
People will see what they see. People will have different understandings and
agreements on what is ego. People will differ on whether synchronicities should
be adhered to or risen above.... so on.
I always write for myself. But sometimes I write for myself and others.
Obviously people don't have to write down alchemy secrets to themselves.
Anyway, if people are too burdened by participation and thank yous, so be it -
that will be our forum.

Awani
11-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Like button will probably be a feature next time I upgrade. So next year this will probably be possible.

I personally feel stupid posting that I like or agree unless I have something to bring to the table. But if there is a need for this then I will try and do it more.

Also I have many threads that no one has replied to, but one day someone will. I keep adding posts when new developements turn up. We should not make time an issue. The threads always remain.

Edit: In fact I think there will be Like, Dislike and Thank you buttons.

:cool:

Ghislain
11-11-2012, 11:44 PM
Sol, Androgynus and Dev

Thank You

I do agree with what has been said above.

Ghislain

Like✔

vega33
11-12-2012, 02:47 AM
The Sun will shine its Light, regardless if we say "Thanks sun. Nice light" or not.
It's what it does. It's driven/fueled by its own Central Fire/Inner Light, basically by itself.
It doesn't get extinguished by a lack of comments, but only when its own physical 'fuel' runs out.

I don't feel like this is the appropriate metaphor to use here. We're not all tireless suns who have nothing more to do all day than compose posts on forums. I for one have a 9 to 5, all weekdays job, which is in no way related to alchemical or chemical pursuits. For me, it takes a long time to pull together scientific references, alchemical references and so on and word them into a post that doesn't bore people to sleep. While I do this partly out of the love of the art, partly out of charity, and partly out of a need to clarify in writing existing knowledge and organize it into a framework, I wouldn't be doing this if nobody was interested in the material, thought it was novel in some way, or if there was no discussion on the information. I don't care if people agree or disagree with what I write, my intention by posting is to generate interest in a subject and passion for an open discussion that does not exclude any aspect of the art. If that is lacking, then "no foul" as they say and I go back to other things. But I would prefer the open discussion, it often leads to constructive forward movement for all involved.

Also, I tend to focus more on what I see as the practical points of intersection between science, alternative physics, and alchemy. I recognize this is an area where many of the hobbyists involved are pretty quiet individuals, but all the same I do find myself wishing for a forum feature that allows someone to "like" or even "dislike" a post, or similarly comment without wasting their time.

Part 2 will probably be coming in the next couple of days... maybe tonight if I can find the time.

Awani
11-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Sorry folks. The thread was split in two but the posts remained in both threads. Cause a bit of confusion. I cleaned it up. :)

Awani
11-12-2012, 02:54 AM
but all the same I do find myself wishing for a forum feature that allows someone to "like" or even "dislike" a post, or similarly comment without wasting their time.

Like button will probably be a feature next time I upgrade. So next year this will probably be possible.

III
11-12-2012, 03:32 AM

I personally feel stupid posting that I like or agree unless I have something to bring to the table. But if there is a need for this then I will try and do it more.

Also I have many threads that no one has replied to, but one day someone will. I keep adding posts when new developements turn up. We should not make time an issue. The threads always remain.

In addition to the specified buttons, how about a "huh?" button.
And allow more than one, boxes, not radio buttons.