PDA

View Full Version : general description of four elements progression

solomon levi
11-14-2012, 10:30 PM
This is a thread about the initiation processes within the four
elements and colors. I have a fairly good general view of them.
I was trying to detail it into 12 stages but it's not so clear at
this time - I'll meditate on it some more.

In general, we start as earth, passive and fixed.
The obvious progression is to remove fixedness represented by the
horizontal line through the earth sign and become water, still passive
but not fixed. This is my current state as you can see by my writings.
Water can fit into any form - see any point of view - but not be attached
or fixed to any of them. Water is attached to its own fluidity - that is all.

So with this realisation I saw what air can be. Air is active and fixed.
Many people are wanting me to be active with my abilities - to use them
to change the world for the better (not just here at the forum but in my life).
I just stay in my passive non-dual state and tell them the world is perfect
from here. But I'm starting to consider that I might evolve to air. The thing
is, this is the place of 'gods', of power. I do act in this realm a little bit where
I manifest some conditioned result. But I've been reluctant to do so in a
large way, outside of friends and family. Maybe I'll grow/evolve into it.
But then it's becoming a christ figure and I don't really want to drink of that cup.
If God presses me that way, then i will.

Fire is free of fixedness and active. It is the source of all activity, the prime
mover. I'm not sure what that will look like in human terms. It's a general
rule that any stage is defined by the one below it (its past) and the one above it
(its future), so I know earth very well (my past), water really well (my present),
and I'm seeing more of air (my future, if I choose it).

I'll add some more to this and try to broaden each stage into 3 steps making
a twelve stage process. But right now it's not clear to me. I know earth very well,
and water, so I can detail these if it is helpful to others.

Please feel free to contribute your understanding and experience.
I'm also open to any advice - I mean I'll consider it. How would you move into
the realm of air? I guess this would be controlled folly - to act without believing,
to "believe" without believing, to affect a desired result. But whose desire? Where
does passive water find desire? I imagine fire must evaporate it into steam/air.

Without the passivity of "what is"/water, I'm not sure what to do. Do I have to
become somebody again to be air?

I know the answers will come when I need them. I am never lacking in solutions.
But if you know the air realm better than I, I'd love to hear your views.

solomon levi
11-14-2012, 11:02 PM
To get free from earth's fixity, I deconstructed Castaneda style.
The main tool one needs to begin the work is self-observation. I do believe
there are associations between calcination and the magnifying lens of self-observation.
Anyway, if you're not self-aware, you can't evolve/change. So one begins noticing
oneself and others and how we act, what we spend our energy on, what our habits
and patterns are, what we think about, what our internal dialogue is telling us...
When you start to not really like what you see, putrefaction has begun.

Another good tool is to realise the world we perceive is a description - one among billions.
So when you catch yourself believing something, simply consciously intend to imagine
and see multiple other ways of believing, seeing and describing it. That breaks the fixity
of earth and cultivates fluidity.

Ultimately, to move from earth to water is dissolution of the ego - the separate sense of self,
the personal historical identity, the certainty that my world/way is the only/right way.
I remember particularly the day when i truly desired to see that which is more than that
which I prefer.

Earth, as malkuth, is divided into four, and to truly dissolve earth is to deconstruct mentally, emotionally,
physically and spiritually.

solomon levi
11-15-2012, 12:46 AM
By self-observation I also mean to attempt to be objective - to be the objective,
uninvested, non-emotional observer of the mind and body and feelings, etc.
as if watching from outside of yourself.

I had an impression - as i said in the first post I am not lacking in solutions - that to
get from water to air without becoming somebody/identity/believing has to do with passion.
I once (or more) wrote that passion is passive, though we usually believe it to be an active state.
Though the etymological origins come from the greek pascho, "to suffer", as in paschal lamb
and sacrifice ("to make sacred") which is aligned with Castaneda's teaching that anything
touched by death has power - only death gives power; which is aligned with alchemy and
putrefaction and the necessity of a black phase.
Anyway, I'll contemplate passion some more.

Another item I wanted to mention is that the process is the same as alchemy teaches.
That is, from earth to water is a complete work and the steps/processes are repeated from
water to air and air to fire, making three "fixations" - the triple fixed stone:
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZyhiXffp7deFyhmiyDCJYpeb-Ym9ju3LHbpULsBoHw8GiY2LoeQ

Bel Matina
11-15-2012, 05:38 AM
I find that this issue seems surprisingly easy for me to address, perhaps because I've already become used to the terms you use to navigate the art. It seems overall like you're still in that first general labor of digestion - you've cooked it down to the roots of the world of man, and you're starting to intrude on the world of gods. It's an exciting time, but I'll warn you beneath that is the world of titans and beneath that the abyss, both of which need to be digested before you see the dawn. What I mean specifically by gods, titans, and the abyss is more or less unimportant to you right now, if I'm understanding where you're at correctly, other than that there are more iterations and so many and when you see it the words will make sense. I think you probably get a general idea, but if you do it's a bonus, and possibly distracting.

A more immediate way of saying the same thing, if one that loses something in its specificity, is that rather than turning water to air what's immediately in front of you is to turn air to water. Actually it will require a long process of repeated sublimation and solution (and be sure, as the texts warn, neither to let the spirits fly nor to throw out the dregs) but consider the mechanical analogy: when you want to carbonate water, what do you do? What happens. For those who don't know, water is carbonated by allowing carbon dioxide gas to filter through it. Most of it of course rises to the top of the container, where the interface is poor but as it rises as bubbles through the water the surface area between the water and the carbonated gas is high, so that the gas not only has more surface to pass through but less distance to go to the parts of the water that aren't CO2 saturated. That's a lot of words and I'm tired but my main point is that while the mass is in this state, the water is in a state of apparent high activity.

Another point that becomes particularly topical during this part of the work is warnings about the peacock's tail. There could be whole threads written about the peacock's tail, and probably should be. If you're not familiar, this is described as luminous and evanescent colors which appear on the surface of the mass as oils sweated out of it, which tempt the operator to break the retort thinking the work is done when the dawn is not even near. I find the most accessible manifestation of the symbol (and probably its source) is to be found in ordinary seated meditation, particularly with some form of sensory deprivation (even just closed eyes is enough). First, with closed eyes, all one sees is darkness. As the mental noise begins to settle, colors come to one's awareness - floaters, filtered light, pressure on the sensory nerves, even feedback from downstream systems. Especially if one has a concrete notion of what's supposed to happen during meditation, these can resolve into fantastical images and impressions of great gravity and power. In fact these revelations do reflect something of the nature of the stone, in as much as what they reflect is the process of disparate elements beginning to conform to the universal, as they lose the heat that sustained their particularity. I could probably distinguish a number of causes of these phenomena, and different strategies for dealing with each, but I'm tired, and since you're making the stone the wet way, there's not actually a need to say more on the peacock's tail than Paracelsus: ignore it, and it will go away on its own. The dawn will come slowly, and with a steady clarity. The albedo is white as a piece of paper is white, or clear like quartz or diamond. I think you'll understand the significance most clearly if I say that it lacks any color. A more temporally topical caution is in order. While dealing with the peacock's tail, especially for the first time, we are at the highest risk of being institutionalized as delusional, and at the highest risk of become genuinely delusional should we allow its venerial oils to bind our matter to volatile or combustible salts. In this latter case it can even be fatal to the work, as much as in those who reading the words of the philosophers see only an unconditioned shadow and not the universal, but for you specifically I don't see much risk of getting stuck like that as you've broken down to the roots of man. In any case, when you start seeing the shiny colors it's a good time to observe the principle of silence.

If you're able to separate enough to let the colors dance and disappear without becoming absorbed in them (I have some difficulty imagining anyone getting so far without that ability, but many authors do warn quite vigorously, so it must have happened) this can be one of the most entertaining parts of the work, as not only is this the time when you feel like the messiah, or an avenging angel, or an invisible giant astride the world, (depending on your personality) but despite your lethally limited understanding of it some of that power is actually real, in the sense that you wield it and the worlds of others bends to your will. This is of course perfected when you've reached the white, and certainly your power or control or however you want to put it is inconceivably more at that point than when you started, once you've seen it for its nature it feels rather matter of course (why yes I have a nose). As a charm against your ego, I'll point out that while a child intimating conspiratorially and with much covert pleasure about the finer nuances of having a sense of smell, as if it were some marvelous private power (and for sure, it is a marvelous power, and private to those of us who possess such a sense) may be perhaps the most adorable thing in the world, you probably wouldn't credit them with much ability to navigate it.

I don't know if I've left anything hanging but I'll check back another day.

solomon levi
11-15-2012, 07:55 AM
Thank you very much! It only took me two readings to understand everything.
That's an improvement! I'm understanding your vocabulary as well. :)

If you're able to separate enough to let the colors dance and disappear without becoming absorbed in them (I have some difficulty imagining anyone getting so far without that ability, but many authors do warn quite vigorously, so it must have happened) this can be one of the most entertaining parts of the work, as not only is this the time when you feel like the messiah, or an avenging angel, or an invisible giant astride the world, (depending on your personality) but despite your lethally limited understanding of it some of that power is actually real, in the sense that you wield it and the worlds of others bends to your will. This is of course perfected when you've reached the white, and certainly your power or control or however you want to put it is inconceivably more at that point than when you started, once you've seen it for its nature it feels rather matter of course (why yes I have a nose). As a charm against your ego, I'll point out that while a child intimating conspiratorially and with much covert pleasure about the finer nuances of having a sense of smell, as if it were some marvelous private power (and for sure, it is a marvelous power, and private to those of us who possess such a sense) may be perhaps the most adorable thing in the world, you probably wouldn't credit them with much ability to navigate it.

I don't know if I've left anything hanging but I'll check back another day.

Let's see... last night I associated with being a ripple/waves on the ocean, but I was the ocean too - definitely connected
as if i could seed the ocean/universe with my intent.
A couple months ago it was a waking vision of receiving a double/Nagual body.
A few months ago it was a dream of being a giant man which the zodiac revolved around as a belt.
A year or so ago it was a waking and insistent vision that I take my place as a prodigal son of the One/Father...
pretty much asking me to step up as a Christos. I wasn't ready for that so I half-assed it. And now the second wave
is coming in. Is it the second coming of Christ? :D (that's a joke)
I really don't know if I trust it, which means I don't. I have my personal sanctuary of equilibrium and don't want
to disrupt (sacrifice?) it to be a politician:

A person who is professionally involved in politics.
A person who acts in a manipulative and devious way, typically to gain advancement.

Do you think I could be in a false sense of nonduality? Cuz I really don't want to achieve
or acquire anything (much) :) Is air choiceless awareness? If not, how do gods/air decide what to dream?
I mean I'm dreaming me always, but why dream a "better" world, etc? What "other" is worth sacrificing "what is" for?
The obvious answer is, if one can't answer that for oneself, don't do it.
I want the option of the full spectrum... doesn't mean I want to act on all options.
Since life is fractal and holographic and octaves and exponential... I feel like I've already been a god.
It doesn't attract me. Does that mean I can't experience air? I'm stuck? Identified with yesod, a false/pseudo tiphareth?

Thank you.