PDA

View Full Version : Sciences related with Alchemy

Ilos
11-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm planning in going to the university to study Chemistry since here where I live its no course or anything similar to learn about laboratory experiments or anything practical that could help me advance with Alchemical researches but I have a dilemma what branch of chemistry should I choose that could provide me with satisfactory knowledge relating with Alchemy to. I believe that Agriculture would provide me with enough material to progress-en with Alchemy also. Could someone give me an idea or an advise I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Ilos
11-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Grr., this post was meant to be on the General discussion threat, sorry moderators... :S

Awani
11-16-2012, 02:31 PM
General Discussions - Any subject of a non-alchemical nature.

This was alchemy related (see you thread title). Could also go in general alchemy (Sacred Art section), but since it is so angled towards chemistry I decided to move it here to the practical alchemy section.

:cool:

Susu
11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm planning in going to the university to study Chemistry since here where I live its no course or anything similar to learn about laboratory experiments or anything practical that could help me advance with Alchemical researches but I have a dilemma what branch of chemistry should I choose that could provide me with satisfactory knowledge relating with Alchemy to. I believe that Agriculture would provide me with enough material to progress-en with Alchemy also. Could someone give me an idea or an advise I would appreciate it.
Thank you.

Do you have a minor in mind? I am currently a Biology major with a minor in Chemistry to feed some of my laboratory needs. I actually learned quite a bit of tips and tricks in the lab to help facilitate my understandings and prevent unnecessary loss of materials. Maybe minor in something biology.

Krisztian
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM

That you mention are subject of physical sciences. Go to second-hand bookshop, and browse until one particular subject jumps out. I have explored "bioenergetics" and that field holds good many intrigues and potentials. That would be my orientation.

Ilos
11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Thanks guys for your reply. This helped allot.

guthrie
11-23-2012, 06:28 PM
It kind of depends on what level of chemistry you are going to study or need.
If working with plants biology and organic chemistry are likely to be enough, since you aught to do some exctractions and evaporations of various sorts. Inorganic chemistry should get you a little more familiarised with metals and suchlike, although the labs I did in it weren't all that exciting.