PDA

View Full Version : Alone

SahasraRa
12-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I reached a conclusion earlier today, with utmost conviction, that I was the only person, literally, in the world, and every one else was a simulation. They were projections of my own mind, like in some dreams. Does anyone have any conclusive evidence, aside from the conviction of your own existence, that this is impossible?

solomon levi
12-02-2012, 02:03 PM
What makes you certain that you exist as a person? :)
You could be a program programmed to see others as programs;
or a projection of another mind/dream.
Nothing is impossible.
The interpretations of your sense organs are indeed projections.
The whole external world is a dream just as much as your internal world.
There's really no difference.
All is consciousness.

solomon levi
12-08-2012, 01:50 AM
"The self dreams the double. Once it has learned to dream the double, the self arrives at this weird crossroad and a moment comes when one realizes that it is the double who dreams the self. Your double is dreaming you. No one knows how it happens. We only know that it does happen. That's the mystery of us as luminous beings. You can awaken in either one." - Castaneda

There already exists a thread on solipsism.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism

http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2301-Solipsism

Anyway, I'm just trying to say that convictions/certainties are dangerous as they close
the mind to other possibilities (collapse the quantum wave function).
What you saw is true. That doesn't make it the only truth.
It is definitely a useful truth and enlightening, but taken to the extreme, one would ignore
the fact that this is true for everyone, not just you. So what is the significance of that?
Shall we say "I alone am God", or "All are God"?
The answer will determine significantly the world you live in.

And if you were absolutely certain, why would you ask your own simulations whether
they have contrary evidence? :) Obviously you are not convinced as you were before.
I understand, as I have seen this too.
But I do not seek The Truth - I seek options. For me, everything is true and an option.
For one who seeks The Truth, all other options are eliminated when/if they find what they are
looking for.
Obviously, if there was The Truth, some absolute truth or something absolutely true, then everyone
would see it and only it. Thus the world would be fixed and concrete and there would be no such
thing as alchemy. Instead, what we can see is that there is fixation and solution; there are options.
There is no absolute truth.
If there is an absolute, it is the One. But the One is also the Many/All. Mercury (generic/collective)
matures into sulphur (individual). God is immanent and transcendent.
(Random quote on this topic:
"Supermind in Sri Aurobindo's philosophy refers to the infinite unitary truth-consciousness or truth-idea simultaneously transcendent and immanent to planes of matter, life, and mind. Supermind is the dynamic form of satcitananda (being-consciousness-bliss), and the necessary conduit, mediator or linkage between satcitananda and the manifest creation."

So al-chemia (fusion, yoga) is inherently defined by these simultaneously existing options, not by The Truth.
As above, so below; as below, so above.
What this means to me is that you saw something new which, relative to the old, seems more true.
But this is the "false messiah" concept. The true messiah says that both are equally true. What was false,
which makes the new seem true, is that the old was all there is. Now you know it isn't all there is. But I
wouldn't swing to the other pole and say, "Now the new is all there is." :)

The false messiah imagines that lovers of truth (philalethia) exists as a pole/opposite/contrary to lies/falsehood.
But it doesn't say "lovers of The Truth". It says "lovers of truth".
True truth is whole/all/one. True truth is not a polarity to lies/falsehood. Lies and falsehood are also truth/options/free will.
Will is not free if it cannot be false. It is not free if any restrictions are placed on it.
The reason people don't appear to have free will is because they believe in restrictions and rules of how to acquire it. :)
There are no rules. Freedom is always present regardless of whether we condition it or not.

I don't mean any of this personally to you SahasraRa.
I'm just a messenger - a flute in God's hands. :)

Bel Matina
12-08-2012, 01:58 AM
I will state, with wholehearted certainty, that both are true. This is a felt truth, derived from the One thing we can see directly. The Other is false. Everything is a fiction of your imagination, including yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta

Krisztian
12-08-2012, 02:44 AM
I reached a conclusion earlier today, with utmost conviction, that I was the only person, literally, in the world, and every one else was a simulation. They were projections of my own mind, like in some dreams. Does anyone have any conclusive evidence, aside from the conviction of your own existence, that this is impossible?

What you say here is called solipsism. Some psychologists assert that infants are natural solipsists, and as they develop 'the other(s)' develops as well.

May I ask whether this 'utmost conviction' of yours brought you a sense of detachment from the world?

Awani
01-26-2013, 01:10 AM

I have felt the same many times. If true not sure, can't be proved or disproved.

:cool:

Andro
01-26-2013, 02:41 AM
If true not sure, can't be proved or disproved.

I guess it doesn't really matter if it's 'true' or not.

What IS 'true', anyway? Everything aware is subjective. And it's beautiful this way, consciousness in its most basic inherent imperfection.

'True' or 'perfect' can not exist/be known. If something were (true/perfect), then it wouldn't be.

Imperfection and shades of gray are what's keeping this entire dream-game facade going :)

'Truth' is the 'perfect' com-pressed equilibrium of the UN-Knowable Nothingness, as opposed to the Infinity of UN-known (but endlessly-eventually Knowable) ex-pressed Infinities.

Howgh :)