PDA

View Full Version : Some Notes on Paul Foster Case's Hermetic Alchemy

Aunt Clair
12-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Title Hermetic Alchemy: Science and Practice - The Golden Dawn Alchemy
Volume 2 of Golden Dawn alchemy series Author Paul Foster Case (1884-1954) Contributors Darcy Kuntz, Tony Deluce Edition reprint Publisher Rosicrucian Order of the Golden Dawn, 2009 ISBN 0982352115, 9780982352113
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjluzijymmk
Some notes concerning Hermetic Alchemy from my reading of Paul Foster Case's book first published in 1931;

p.11 The "First Matter" in this text is the Alchemist himself and the alchemical process described
is the transmutation of the subject's own body and consciousness into that of the "Philosophers' Stone."

p.15...a fundamental tenet of alchemy is the declaration of the Emerald Tablet:"That which is below is as that which is above, and that which is above is as that which is below, for the performance of the miracles of the One Thing." There can be little doubt that the Emerald Tablet, as we have it, is a relatively modern work, although it is attributed to Hemes Trismegistus; but exactly the same doctrine is taught in the Hindu Katha Upanishad: "As below so above, as above so below; he passes from death to death who finds here the least shadow of variety. There is no variety in THAT. It should be grasped by the mind alone. He, indeed, passes from death to death who here finds the least shadow of variety."

p.15 Swami Vivekananda writes: "In India there was a sect called the Rasayanas. Their idea was that ideality,knowledge, spirituality and religion were all very right, but that the body was the only instrument by which to attain to all these...For instance, a man wants to practice Yoga, or wants to become spiritual.Before he has advanced very far he dies. Then he takes another body and begins again...

p.18 Authorities disagree as to the derivation of the noun alchemy. Plutarch supposed it to be a combination of the Arabic definite article a1 with the Greek chumein, signifying "to pour." An opinion prevailing today is that the true derivation is from Khem, an Egyptian noun meaning "black, fertile soil," in contrast to barren sand. Khem was the name given by the Egyptians to their country, and even Plutarch knew this, for he mentions it in his Isis and Osiris. The derivation of alchemy from Khem is further confirmed by the fact that old alchemical books allude to Hermetic practice as "the Egyptian Art."

p.19 In Hebrew the word is ALChMH. It is a combination of the Semitic god-name AL, El, signifLing "strength," with ChMH, Khammaw, the Hebrew poetical noun for "sun." Thus "alchemy" may be interpreted as meaning "strength of the sun," or "God the Sun." Both interpretations are in harmony with alchemical doctrine.

p.21 letters of ALChMH that the essential meaning of the word is summed up by Key 7, The Chariot.

One purpose of Alchemy is to prepare the consciousness and the merkabah light body called the chariot as golden light to ascend to the Higher Planes to work with the Mahatma in Shamballah as discussed by the Buddha.

p.26 The alchemical metals bear the names of the sun, moon, and the five planets known to the ancients,
p.27 The seven stars are the same as the seven chakras, or lotuses, of the Yoga philosophy. They have been identified with seven centers of the human nervous system, as follows:
.................................................. .................................................. .(implied chakras)
LEAD ......................... SATURN .......SACRAL PLEXUS............red
IRON .......................... MARS ...........PROSTATIC GANGLION..orange
TIN................... ...........JUPITER........SOLAR PLEXUS .............yellow
GOLD..........................SOL or SUN...CARDIAC PLEXUS .........green
COPPER or BRASS...VENUS............PHARYNGEAL............... .blue
SILVER ....................... LUNA or Moon.PITUITARY BODY...........indigo
QUICKSILVER............. MERCURY......PINEAL BODY.................violet

p.28 By projecting his own state of consciousness upon the mind of another, he can raise the level of that person's consciousness. Of such spiritual contagion there are many examples in the Bible, and in the sacred writings of other nations, An actual force is projected. The alchemists call it the powder of projection, by means of which, they say, the baser metals may be changed into gold. But Ripley
warns us against misuse of the powder. He points out that the metals upon which projection is made must first be properly cleansed.
(The magickian can attune their peers and raise their vibration by working together.)

p.35 It is illustrated in Key 10 of Tarot, Concerning it Ripley writes:
"But first of these elements make thou rotation,
And into Water thy Earth turn first of all;
Then of thy Water make Air by levigation;
And Air make Fire; then MASTER will I thee call
Of all our secrets great and small:
The Wheel of Elements thou canst turn about,
Truly conceiving our writings without doubt."
--Compund of Alchymie, Sec. I: 17

{This is the recipe for projection to the Higher Planes; Flush Earth from the body with Water. Drain remaining Water. Draw in Fire to heat remaining AIR and taking the consciousness to the crown project upwards.Aunt Clair}

p.35 The preparation for the practice of yoga is the same in all essentials as the preparation for the practice of .al-chemy...Again, the fire of alchemy is said to be a secret fire, which is often compared to a serpent or dragon. Likewise in yoga, the active principle of the operation is a fiery force coiled in the Saturn center at the base of the spine. It is known as Kundalini, the coiled serpent- power. The aim of all yoga practice is to raise this serpent-power, stage by stage, through the seven chakras which we have identified with the alchemical metals.

p.49 "As concerns the matter, it is one, and contains within itself all that is needed. Its birth is in the sand. It is the distilled moisture of the Moon joined to the light of the Sun and congealed."--Anastratus, The Crowd.

{Using the power of Ching ; the treasure from the Earthstone or belly project out of the SunStone or Chest as the Higher Self and in bi location project out of the MoonStone or head as the Guardian Angel. Walk these two aspects; yellow HS and blue GA into each other to unite them as the green HS/GA. Once united the magickian may project the HS/GA at will from the brow.~Aunt Clair}

p.50 "It is a stone and no stone, Spirit, Soul, and Body; which if thou dissolvest, it will be dissolved, and if thou dost coagulate it, it will be coagulated, and if thou dost make it fly, it will fly, for it is volatile, or flying, and clear as a tear; afterwards it is made citrine, then saltish, but without shoots or crystals, and none may touch it with his tongue. Behold, I have described it truly to thee, but I have not named it.' Now, I will name it, and I say that if thou sayest it is Water, thou dost say the truth, and if thou sayest it is not Water, thou dost lie. Be not, therefore, deceived with manifold descriptions and operations, for it is but one thing, to which nothing extraneous may be added." --Amoldus de Villa Nova.

(MoonStone Head ..Blue.. Water Luna Moon.Guardian Angel ;.Spirit
SunStone ..Chest Yellow Fire... Sol... Sun ...Higher Self;......... Soul
EarthStone Belly.... Red.. Earth Earth........ ..Guardian Demon; Body)

p.54 "I am a poisonous dragon, present everywhere, and to be had for nothing. My water and my fire dissolve and compound; out of my body thou shalt draw the Green, and the Red Lion: but if thou dost not exactly know me, thou wilt with my fire destroy thy five senses. A most pernicious quick poison comes out of my nostrils, which hath been the destruction of many. Separate therefore the thick from the thin artificially, unless thou dost delight in extreme poverty. I give thee faculties both male and female, and the powers both of heaven and earth... I am the Carbunole of the Sun, a most noble clarified earth, by Which thou mayest turn copper, iron, tin, and lead into most pure gold."
--Quoted in Vaughan's Coelum Terrae, from a Rosicrucian original.

(The old way of sensing is destroyed and the magickian becomes enabled of new senses; clairsentience, clairvoyance, clairaudience, evocation and projection through the power of the dragon of Kundalini. ~Aunt Clair)

p.74 The subtle principles of the Yoga philosophy are sometimes called ethers, as in Rama Prasad's book, Nature's Finer Forces, where we read that tejas (fire) is the luminiferous ether; that apas (water) is the gustiferous ether; that vayu (air) is the tan-giferous ether; and that prithivi (earth) is the odoriferous ether.

(FIRE .....luminating clairvoyance (shen ,sight )
WATER gustiferous clairgustient ( chi, flow, healing)
AIR ........tangiferous clairsentience (ching; power, lifts , hear, speak, clairaudience, evocation)
EARTH.. odoriferous clairgustient again? (xie; manifestation))

p.103 Sattva means literally, "illumination material," or the essence of enlightenment. In his translation of the Bhagavad-Gita, Charles Johnston calls it Substance, and renders the sixth verse of the fourteenth chapter as follows: "Substance, luminous through its stainlessness, and free from sorrow, binds by the bond of pleasure and the bond of knowledge." He translates the eleventh verse of the same chapter thus: "When light shines in at all the doors in this dwelling, when wisdom shines, then let him know that Substance has prevailed." Again: "The hit of works well done is stainless, belonging to Substance.. . From Substance is born wisdom.. . Those who dwell in Substance go upward." Johnston's translation of Sattva as "Substance" is valuable to us...

p.117 The Kundalini force, or serpent power, coiled in the Saturn center at the base of the spine, is the electric fire which fuses the brain-sand in the pineal gland into the crystal which is the true Philosophers' Stone. Subtle modifications of the blood-stream by the internal secretions of the gonads, under the rulership of the Mars center, and of the pituitary body, or Moon center, are a necessary part of the Great Work. So is the charging of the blood-stream with certain elements derived from food in the region of the body corresponding to the operations of Mercury in Virgo. Indispensable to the success of the operation, also, is the function of the Sun center near the heart.

p.215 From the tiny diatom to the lordly lion, and thence up to man, the alchemical Woman works with the same patterns. Wherever there have been wise men, they have seen these patterns and have left records of what they saw, records in books, like the words of alchemists and magicians, and the mysterious diagrams with which they illustrate their writings; records in the pictorial symbolism of Tarot, which have power to initiate and keep going the formative process which carries these patterns into human embodiment, thus changing an ordinary human personality into an adept; records in stone like the pyramids and temples of the world.

p.235 Neither do we mean by "metaphysical," in these pages, the various modern cults which have appropriated that name. For us, the term represents direct experience of rates and characters of vibration in octaves of manifestation beyond the range of the physical senses, or of instruments meant to extend the range of the physical senses. Man has an inner sensorium, which success in the Great Work gradually develops. He sees, hears, tastes, touches and smells with the metaphysical senses just as definitely as he does with his physical senses.

Furthermore, the same centers in the brain which register the physical sense-impressions are those which register the metaphysical sense-impressions. The organs which receive the metaphysical sense-stimuli are not the same as those which receive the stimulation of physical vibrations - but the brain-centers which record and interpret the metaphysical sense-impressions are the same as those with which we exercise the physical senses. The alchemists, when they speak of seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, or touching are referring to the metaphysical senses.

p.252 Ashmole tells us, furthermore, that the finest aspect of the Stone, which he terms the Angelical Stone, is so subtle that it can neither be seen, felt, or weighed; but tasted only. This is the "dew of heaven," the nectar of which the yogis speak so often. Yet that nectar is made when the woman tames the lion, or when the serpent is transformed into the eagle. The sense of taste is a metaphysical sense, developed by continual practice.

p.278 In magical texts this stage of Incineration is often called "The knowledge and conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel." Thus in the various versions of Key 14, the angel is always shown as performing the alchemical work. In some versions the angel looks like a winged woman, pouring water from cup to cup. In others she stands before a moon-shaped cauldron of silver, from which the smoke of incense rises, and pours from her right hand the flame of a torch upon an eagle, while from her left hand she pours water from a cornucopia upon a lion. In our version, taken from one of the most ancient esoteric designs, the sex of the angel appears to be male, and he wears the solar disc on his forehead. Hence the vase of water is in his right hand, and the torch in his left. But the water falls on the lion, and the fire on the eagle.

p.292 The water is the woman the earth is the man.
(The body of the magickian colours up Hermetically ;
In the beginning...Gen 1:4-5 And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.;

female left side night black & male right side day white

Gen 1:6-9 ;And God said,“Let there be an expanse 1 in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 And God made2 the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse from the waters that were above the expanse. And it was so. 8 And God called the expanse Heaven.3 And there was evening and there was morning, the second day;

Female left side blue arm seas & green leg heavens

Gen 1:9-10: 9 And God said,“Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry land Earth,4 and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.;

female left side blue water & male right side red earth

Gen 1:14-19 ; 4 And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons,6 and for days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light upon the earth.” And it was so. 16 And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars. 17 And God set them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, 18 to rule over the day and over the night, and to separate the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening and there was morning, the fourth day;

female left side negative indigo arm water Luna & positive chartreuse green leg air
male right side positive orange arm fire Sol & negative salmon red leg earth)

p.298 The alchemical water, remember, is the fluid substance we know as mind-stuff. It is the water of life. It is the astral fluid. It is the living, conscious, electro-magnetic energy that is the true substance of all things. Its currents flow through our brains, and meditation, or alchemical Solution, is simply the right direction of those currents.

solomon levi
12-16-2012, 12:55 PM
Congratulations on your 66 post Aunt Clair. :)
(I've been noticing multiples of 33)

"Katha Upanishad: "As below so above, as above so below; he passes from death to death who finds here the least shadow of variety. There is no variety in THAT. It should be grasped by the mind alone. He, indeed, passes from death to death who here finds the least shadow of variety."

This is something I focus on and write about quite a bit too. The "least shadow of variety" is the alchemists' homogeneous water.
But I wonder at the statement of passing from death to death, and "it should be grasped by the mind alone".
Is passing from death to death meant to signify our unborn nature?
Where is the "as above, so below; as below so above" in "grasped by the mind alone"?
Should we not grasp this with our bodies as well? If grasped by the mind, we spiritualise matter;
but we must materialise spirit as well to fulfill the alchemical gnosis of the One.
Any thoughts?

Aunt Clair
12-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Congratulations on your 66 post Aunt Clair. :)
(I've been noticing multiples of 33)Thanks :)

"Katha Upanishad: "As below so above, as above so below; he passes from death to death who finds here the least shadow of variety. There is no variety in THAT. It should be grasped by the mind alone. He, indeed, passes from death to death who here finds the least shadow of variety."

This is something I focus on and write about quite a bit too. The "least shadow of variety" is the alchemists' homogeneous water.
What do you mean by that? Can you explain?

But I wonder at the statement of passing from death to death, and "it should be grasped by the mind alone".I suppose that this text implies that when the body dies the consciousness survives and carries the vibration of the last works into the next incarnation. I believe in this.

Is passing from death to death meant to signify our unborn nature?
Where is the "as above, so below; as below so above" in "grasped by the mind alone"?
Should we not grasp this with our bodies as well? If grasped by the mind, we spiritualise matter;
but we must materialise spirit as well to fulfill the alchemical gnosis of the One.
Any thoughts? Yes , I agree that the body , mind , soul and spirit are transmuted but only the mind and soul can pass into the next incarnation. The spirit and the body have one life . The spirit remains as that ghost of that personality , the body decays after death. But the mind and soul reincarnate.

solomon levi
12-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Hmm. But if death to death means reincarnation... I would have thought direct perception
or resonance with the "least shadow of variety" would mean not incarnating again (unless
one wanted to for some reason).
Charge - attachment, aversion, judgment - or variety, is what causes rebirth, no?.
By homogeneous, I mean the usual definition, in contrast to heterogeneous (charge, etc).
In alchemy they speak of mercury as an homogeneous water in reference to gold.
Gold will dissolve without violence in its root/source or homogeneous water because
they are of the same nature - not composite/heterogeneous.

Mercury is homogeneous in that everyone's spirit and vital force is the same.
Sulphur/soul however is different in each thing and possesses the qualities of
color, odor, taste. etc, or personality, fingerprints, dna in humans.
For example, the mercury of all plants is ethyl alcohol and is the same in each plant.
The sulphur of plants is the essential oil which is unique in each plant.
We could also say mercury is generic and sulphur is specific (specified/determined/individuated).

Aunt Clair
12-17-2012, 01:05 AM
Thank you for your reply.

I interpret the "least shadow of variety" to mean the act of pouring all of the consciousness into the next incarnation with total recall and without blemish or variation but purely and in entirety.

Charge - attachment, aversion, judgment - or variety, is what causes rebirth, no?
No, I believe that this is a misinterpretation. I believe that Buddha taught that to truly escape the wheel of samsara one would lack compassion if they did not hear the cries of the oppressed and come back to assist and attend the suffering. I believe that we are to reincarnate until we become in the image of Godhead and that then we attend the world as Mahatma and in between the stage of aspirant and Mahatma we act as angels to inspire, heal, exorcise and teach each other and that some of us act as demons to deprive each other in our struggles .

The author , Paul Foster Case wrote that when the alchemist becomes sick and dies they may move their works into their next incarnation , I agree with this premise. He also suggested that the Rasayanas tried other methods;
p.15
in the Hindu Katha Upanishad: "As below so above, as above so below; he passes from death to death
who finds here the least shadow of variety. There is no variety in THAT. It should be grasped by the mind
alone. He, indeed, passes from death to death who here finds the least shadow of variety."
p.16
Swami Vivekananda writes: "In India there was a sect called the Rasayanas. Their idea was that ideality,
knowledge, spirituality and religion were all very right, but that the body was the only instrument by which to attain to all these. If the body broke now and then it would take so much more time to attain the goal. For instance, a man wants to practice Yoga, or wants to become spiritual. Before he has advanced very far he dies. Then he takes another body and begins again, then dies, and so on, and in this way much time will be lost in dying and being born again. If the body could be made strong and perfect, so that; it would got rid of birth and death, we should have more time to become spiritual. So these Rasayanas say, first make the body very strong, and they claim that this body can be made immortal. Their idea is that if the mind is manufacturing the body, and if it be true that each mind is only one particular outlet to that infinite energy, and that there is no limit to each particular outlet getting any amount of power, why is it impossible that we should keep our bodies all the time? We shall have to manufacture all the bodies we shall ever have. As soon as this body dies we shall have to manufacture another. If we can do that why cannot we do that just here and now, without getting out? The theory is perfectly correct. If it is possible that we live after death, and make other bodies, why is it impossible that we should have the power of making bodies here, without entirely dissolving this body, simply changing it continually? They also thought that in mercury and in sulphur was hidden the most wonderful power, and that by certain preparations of these a man could keep the body as long as he liked." -
Raja Yoga, pages 207 - 208.

By homogeneous, I mean the usual definition, in contrast to heterogeneous (charge, etc).In alchemy they speak of mercury as an homogeneous water in reference to gold.Gold will dissolve without violence in its root/source or homogeneous water because they are of the same nature - not composite/heterogeneous.
I am not sure yet what you imply or ask or are reacting to here but I will say that Gold is amoris. It is made by the magickian through the maturation of the SunStone as a warm golden light which purifies the Lower Self and the Guardian Demon et al.

For example, the magickian projects the Higher Self from the SunStone or chest as the lion maned yellow silhouette with the face of that magickian and concurrently projects the Lower Self from the StarStone at the small of the back and this aspect projects like the serpent tail of the sphinx becoming perhaps a totem animal or a frightened inner child in appearance. These two unite and the fire burns away the lower vibration at the cost of a sacrifice of energy from the HS which depletes it for a time until it is restored and renewed and the pathworking continues.

Sol or Sun is that gold which removes imperfections by alchemical marriage with lower vibrational aspects and thereby depletes the Guardian Angel and Higher Self , albeit for a time. After a while the sacfrifice of light is recovered by that depleted Solar Angel and the process of enlightenment continues in further Solar Works.

The Gold we seek as alchemists is manifested by the human condition of pathworking to become in the image of God through gradual enlightenment. Our light is golden and it occurs as the legacy of all humanity and is kindled by works of meditation, projection, dreamstate lessons, energy work , right words, right thoughts, right actions and by virtuous compassionate deeds.

A higher vibrational gold is in the treasure Taoist Alchemists called Shen and Hebrew Kaballahists called Shin or Fire .

Gold begins as do all elemental energies in the nadis. The three primary of which are Ida, Pingala and Sushumna but there are 14 named and countless nadis. Each has its own distinct Hermetic energy and colour and vibration. Gold will store up in the chest called the SunStone and there it is cultivated from more primitive fires to higher vibrational golds and it will be drawn upward to the head called the MoonStone where a reciprocal core of purer gold called Shen will manifest. Shen is the golden light required for clairvoyance. Signs of progress include gold appearing on the left thumb of the magickian and on the right glove pinky . The subtle energy in the human energy body will morph into various golden forms seen in mystic visions , meditative visions, dreamstate lessons and energy body readings of peers; golden lions, golden serpents,golden dragons, golden sphinxes and golden angels

Silver is the moon , luna and the fifth element akasha. It is manifested in the magickian nadis, also. First appearing in the right thumb as a lower vibration akasha , it manifested later on the ring finger of the right glove of the magickian. The subtle energy in the human energy body will morph into various silver forms seen in mystic visions , meditative visions, dreamstate lessons and energy body readings of peers; silver eagles, silver serpents,silver dragons, silver sphinxes and silver angels

solomon levi
12-17-2012, 06:21 AM
Hi Aunt Clair. :)

I understand and agree with your views on reincarnation and immortality, at least as options.
And I really like Case - at least it was very apropos at one time for me. I loved learning the
gematria and tarot correspondences from "True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order". And i like
his tarot books too.

What I was referring to with gold and homogeneous water was lab alchemy. I practice both.
As above, so below; as below, so above. Or as Bel Matina said, if it doesn't apply to everything,
it isn't alchemy. Spiritually, for me, homogeneous water is like the Upanishad said: "There is no
variety in THAT." or "what is" or "suchness" or whatever we want to call it. I call it THIS instead
of THAT, since it is not other than me or elsewhere, but I understand their terminology.

Aunt Clair
12-17-2012, 08:59 PM
I am glad to have had your reply. Few participate in Alchemy and fewer discuss it ,even on dedicated boards or forums.

III
12-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I interpret the "least shadow of variety" to mean the act of pouring all of the consciousness into the next incarnation with total recall and without blemish or variation but purely and in entirety.

Charge - attachment, aversion, judgment - or variety, is what causes rebirth, no?
No, I believe that this is a misinterpretation. I believe that Buddha taught that to truly escape the wheel of samsara one would lack compassion if they did not hear the cries of the oppressed and come back to assist and attend the suffering. I believe that we are to reincarnate until we become in the image of Godhead and that then we attend the world as Mahatma and in between the stage of aspirant and Mahatma we act as angels to inspire, heal, exorcise and teach each other and that some of us act as demons to deprive each other in our struggles .

The author , Paul Foster Case wrote that when the alchemist becomes sick and dies they may move their works into their next incarnation , I agree with this premise. He also suggested that the Rasayanas tried other methods;
p.15
in the Hindu Katha Upanishad: "As below so above, as above so below; he passes from death to death
who finds here the least shadow of variety. There is no variety in THAT. It should be grasped by the mind
alone. He, indeed, passes from death to death who here finds the least shadow of variety."
p.16
Swami Vivekananda writes: "In India there was a sect called the Rasayanas. Their idea was that ideality,
knowledge, spirituality and religion were all very right, but that the body was the only instrument by which to attain to all these. If the body broke now and then it would take so much more time to attain the goal. For instance, a man wants to practice Yoga, or wants to become spiritual. Before he has advanced very far he dies. Then he takes another body and begins again, then dies, and so on, and in this way much time will be lost in dying and being born again. If the body could be made strong and perfect, so that; it would got rid of birth and death, we should have more time to become spiritual. So these Rasayanas say, first make the body very strong, and they claim that this body can be made immortal. Their idea is that if the mind is manufacturing the body, and if it be true that each mind is only one particular outlet to that infinite energy, and that there is no limit to each particular outlet getting any amount of power, why is it impossible that we should keep our bodies all the time? We shall have to manufacture all the bodies we shall ever have. A we can do that why cannot we do that just here and now, without getting out? The theory is perfectly correct. If it is possible that we live after death, and make other bodies, why is it impossible that we should have the power of making bodies here, without entirely dissolving this body, simply changing it continually?s soon as this body dies we shall have to manufacture another. If They also thought that in mercury and in sulphur was hidden the most wonderful power, and that by certain preparations of these a man could keep the body as long as he liked." -

I am not sure yet what you imply or ask or are reacting to here but I will say that Gold is amoris. It is made by the magickian through the maturation of the SunStone as a warm golden light which purifies the Lower Self and the Guardian Demon et al.

For example, the magickian projects the Higher Self from the SunStone or chest as the lion maned yellow silhouette with the face of that magickian and concurrently projects the Lower Self from the StarStone at the small of the back and this aspect projects like the serpent tail of the sphinx becoming perhaps a totem animal or a frightened inner child in appearance. These two unite and the fire burns away the lower vibration at the cost of a sacrifice of energy from the HS which depletes it for a time until it is restored and renewed and the pathworking continues.

Sol or Sun is that gold which removes imperfections by alchemical marriage with lower vibrational aspects and thereby depletes the Guardian Angel and Higher Self , albeit for a time. After a while the sacfrifice of light is recovered by that depleted Solar Angel and the process of enlightenment continues in further Solar Works.

The Gold we seek as alchemists is manifested by the human condition of pathworking to become in the image of God through gradual enlightenment. Our light is golden and it occurs as the legacy of all humanity and is kindled by works of meditation, projection, dreamstate lessons, energy work , right words, right thoughts, right actions and by virtuous compassionate deeds.

A higher vibrational gold is in the treasure Taoist Alchemists called Shen and Hebrew Kaballahists called Shin or Fire .

Gold begins as do all elemental energies in the nadis. The three primary of which are Ida, Pingala and Sushumna but there are 14 named and countless nadis. Each has its own distinct Hermetic energy and colour and vibration. Gold will store up in the chest called the SunStone and there it is cultivated from more primitive fires to higher vibrational golds and it will be drawn upward to the head called the MoonStone where a reciprocal core of purer gold called Shen will manifest. Shen is the golden light required for clairvoyance. Signs of progress include gold appearing on the left thumb of the magickian and on the right glove pinky . The subtle energy in the human energy body will morph into various golden forms seen in mystic visions , meditative visions, dreamstate lessons and energy body readings of peers; golden lions, golden serpents,golden dragons, golden sphinxes and golden angels

Silver is the moon , luna and the fifth element akasha. It is manifested in the magickian nadis, also. First appearing in the right thumb as a lower vibration akasha , it manifested later on the ring finger of the right glove of the magickian. The subtle energy in the human energy body will morph into various silver forms seen in mystic visions , meditative visions, dreamstate lessons and energy body readings of peers; silver eagles, silver serpents,silver dragons, silver sphinxes and silver angels

Hi Aunt Claire,

Swami Vivekananda writes: "In India there was a sect called the Rasayanas. Their idea was that ideality, knowledge, spirituality and religion were all very right, but that the body was the only instrument by which to attain to all these. If the body broke now and then it would take so much more time to attain the goal. For instance, a man wants to practice Yoga, or wants to become spiritual. Before he has advanced very far he dies. Then he takes another body and begins again, then dies, and so on, and in this way much time will be lost in dying and being born again. If the body could be made strong and perfect, so that; it would got rid of birth and death, we should have more time to become spiritual. So these Rasayanas say, first make the body very strong, and they claim that this body can be made immortal. Their idea is that if the mind is manufacturing the body, and if it be true that each mind is only one particular outlet to that infinite energy, and that there is no limit to each particular outlet getting any amount of power, why is it impossible that we should keep our bodies all the time? We shall have to manufacture all the bodies we shall ever have. As soon as this body dies we shall have to manufacture another. If we can do that why cannot we do that just here and now, without getting out? The theory is perfectly correct. If it is possible that we live after death, and make other bodies, why is it impossible that we should have the power of making bodies here, without entirely dissolving this body, simply changing it continually? They also thought that in mercury and in sulphur was hidden the most wonderful power, and that by certain preparations of these a man could keep the body as long as he liked." -

Vivekananda, an amazing Yogi. While the order is the Ramakrishna order, it is entirely founded on Vivekananda's understanding and writings. He was the only significant student or maybe apprentice would be a better description, of Ramakrishna. He was going to die young and he knew it. For that matter, Ramakrishna died young by todays standards, of throat cancer.

So he was well aquainted with the idea that " If the body broke now and then it would take so much more time to attain the goal." Then there was of course the thought "Then he takes another body and begins again, then dies, and so on, and in this way much time will be lost in dying and being born again. If the body could be made strong and perfect, so that; it would got rid of birth and death, we should have more time to become spiritual."

So then the idea "and they claim that this body can be made immortal. Their idea is that if the mind is manufacturing the body, and if it be true that each mind is only one particular outlet to that infinite energy, and that there is no limit to each particular outlet getting any amount of power, why is it impossible that we should keep our bodies all the time?"

So then follows the idea that leads to recurrance:

"A we can do that why cannot we do that just here and now, without getting out? The theory is perfectly correct. If it is possible that we live after death, and make other bodies, why is it impossible that we should have the power of making bodies here, without entirely dissolving this body, simply changing it continually?"

As EJ Gold then puts it that a person can "die" at any time in ones life without physical death and can be reborn into the same body at any time without being an infant. This is the experience of recurrance. One can live whatever sections of life as desired over and over. If it is to be anything other than a rememberance one has to enter it and live it, laying down a new track as it were. One has to "risk" what was in order to change. In effect, one who undertakes this work becomes "immortal" in this life, " first make the body very strong, and they claim that this body can be made immortal". One takes conscious rebirth in the same body over and over again. It's Groundhog Day; again.

Taking conscious rebirth in the same body over and over, and whether one calls it "first make the body very strong" or "cleaning up the spilt milk" as EJ speaks of it is really immaterial, This makes for a immortal conscious self that is NOT ego based. In this context then, as said elsewhere, conscious suicide is a "reset" to live that part of life again and work it out differently. Done unconsiously it is a trap. Consiously it is a reset point.

It's been a long time since I have re-read Vivekananda's Raja Yoga. I didn't remember that this quote was there. Thankyou Aunt Claire.

In Budhism the wheel of life indcates millions and millions of incarnations to achieve high spiritual states. In a normal life we each have so little time to become spiritual. What is needed is a way that "we should have more time to become spiritual". Recurrance does that. One learns to work through life, and not dying at all the places we might normally have died at. I got married in 1970 at 22. Four years later I told my wife that I would not live to see 30. A couple of days later we were both shot to death by strangers at the door as described elsewhere and both recurred together, consciously and with rememberance of that death and what lead up to it. We had both made our choices to live immortally within this current life in order to do our spiritual work. Now here I am an uncountable number of recurrances later trying to describe this. It took be a lot of recurrances to figure out the nature of the "game" as in what strategies can work compared to those that can't work.

p.15
in the Hindu Katha Upanishad: "As below so above, as above so below; he passes from death to death who finds here the least shadow of variety." There is no variety in THAT. It should be grasped by the mind

In playing via recurrance as compared to reincarnation in different bodies yet continuing the same life one needs to remember that if one looks at the life as something that responsively shapes the being going through it, the life will be unique and different each time because it is always a different version of SELF that is traversing that set of frames. If no change occurs, then that is again "stuck". This is a fractal. This grows the fractal that makes up consciousness and "purifies" it as well.

In third grade I told my mother I had to find my Kabala friends and let them know I had made it through death, consciously. I started practicing meditation and such right then. Looking back on it I was giving Shakitipat by 7th grade. This of course changes the "natural" course one takes through a lifetime, which for this body was very short without the intervention of reincarnated and/or recurrent memory. I would have to say that recurrance gave me far more time in this lifetime for spiritual practice and advancement.

Aunt Clair
12-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Thank you for sharing. Can you please relate more.about the shooting i.e the year of the deaths and the time of rebirths and do you mean being reborn with recall of those previous lives or surviving and returning to those bodies after NDEs?

III
12-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Thank you for sharing. Can you please relate more.about the shooting i.e the year of the deaths and the time of rebirths and do you mean being reborn with recall of those previous lives or surviving and returning to those bodies after NDEs?

Hi Aunt Claire,

I know I posted this in detail somewhere on this forum but not with all that info. I will tell you it was recurrent death and rebirth with a discontinuity. Have you been reading the http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?3278-Where-is-Here-Learning-from-Death/page3 thrread?

It was about mid May, 1974. We had just moved into a 2 bedroom apartment after our 6 month lease was up at an apartment building we found out was straddling a major fault line with a 6 foot vertical displacement on the typical event each 450 years. Because of smoke damage from a garage fire the previous tenent hand moved suddely without notice, by the management. It was the end of our first Utah ski season and we decided we were going to stay. We had at that point a card table and 4 chairs, a stereo (TUBE), a waterbed and personal items. Our furtniture was in storage 1800 miles away.

We had YES SONGS on the stereo, about half way through CLOSE TO THE EDGE. My wife and I were exercising on the living room floor in mid morning when there was a knock on the door. We both got up and walked over to the door. I opened it. There were two men neither of us knew standing there, sports jackets, open shirts and slacks. One of the men raised an automatic pistol up from between their bodies and fired straight at my head. My wife reported seeing that too, which is what I saw also, from of course a different view point. Then she remembers it going black but doesn't remember being shot. She was in a position to be killed by a bullet going through my head from some angles.

The next thing we both remember is suddenly finding ourselves on the floor and in motion as we come into our bodies, like in 12:01 in one scene where the actor was starting to move as he was shot and continued the move in the body he came back into at the next 12:01am. Anyway, as I came into my body in motion the first words out of my wifes mouth were "Don't open the door!!!!". CLOSE TO THE EDGE was just starting. So we came back about 5 minutes before we were killed. That is pretty "normal" in these kinds of things. There was nothing "NEAR" to death in this expereince. She refused to answer the door for about 6 months.

As best I can describe it we came back to a different but very close variation of the same life, one in which we were not shot. For all intents and purposes it appeared to be the same lives for both of us. We didn't know the guys. We both chose to remember the event and were not attached to it. I was told later when checking up on the former tenant that they had been drug dealers.

We each remembered our respective life and we both had bodies without any extra holes in the head or elsewhere. If you want to call them new old bodies I guess that would work. There were not in OEM condition. They carried all the aquired dings and breaks of 26 years of life.

This one was unusual because group or pair recurrances are less common. I had one with my ex-wife, my daughters had one with each other (both remembered) and grandparents (no memory, never noticed), both of my voyaging friends of college years with whom I spoken with on these matters had this occur, one with a brother and the other with a girl on a date. It's like we all got such an event once, to demonstrate it and be sure of it, and then all the rest have been solo events.

Then there are the discontinuities. I come back with my airport parking ticket on which I had written the bus stop number and gridd location of my car, where I always parked for business trips. Ten days later it took me hours to locate my car, half a mile away in a totally different section of airport parking I had never parked in with the 18 inches of old snow that was fresh the day I parked it at the beginning of the storm. A friend and his son parked their car and both remembered where, once in a multi level garage and once at a beach. The car was a mile away in the other direction from wherethey both remembered parking, In the garage, again levels away in a diferent wing. Just about everybody I know has any number of these "too weird to think about NOW" events and then moved to file and forget.

solomon levi
12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
"1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit." - John 3

Here Jesus uses the wind to teach the uncertainty principle which would later be attributed to Heisenberg.
Flesh = particle/position/fixed
Spirit = wave/momentum/volatile

This is also Castaneda's teaching on the dreamer and the dreamed which I spoke of in "through a glass darkly".

36“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-36.htm)37“For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-37.htm)38“For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-38.htm)39and they did not understand until the flood came and took them all away; so will the coming of the Son of Man be. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-39.htm)40“Then there will be two men in the field; one will be taken and one will be left. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-40.htm)41“Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one will be left. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-41.htm)

42“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-42.htm)43“But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-43.htm)44“For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-44.htm)

45“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-45.htm)46“Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so doing when he comes. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-46.htm)47“Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge of all his possessions. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-47.htm)48“But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’ (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-48.htm)49and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-49.htm)50the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-50.htm)51and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (http://bible.cc/matthew/24-51.htm)" - Matthew 24

IMO and experience, the coming of the "son of man" and being born again and immaculate conception
are all descriptions of how verticle time acts with horizontal time, or the dimension above "quantum pops"
into the dimension below.
"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."
The Father is the source of the Son, just as the dimension above is the source of the preceeding dimension below.
The dimension below cannot possibly comprehend "the day and hour" or time, as it is experienced by the dimension above.

This ability to be reborn in the same body is precisely what is being discussed here and in "the rapture" - one will be
"taken" and the other one left, all according to frequency signature/resonance.
The same is described upon baptism in water, as related above, where the dove descends upon the baptised - it
is not the same person, just the same body; even the body is changed genetically in rebirth.
The same dimensional principles are in effect with spontaneous healing and miracles.
And the same with true initiation - the genius from above (or spirit or dove, muse, HGA, etc) enters the body
of the disciple and a parallel timeline is entered.
How do parallel lines meet for this exchange? They must be bent gravitationally. Gravity is a manifestation of
will or unbending intent or fervent "prayer", or sometimes it is an effortless act of grace like the conversion of
Saul to Paul. The road to Damascus is initiation by water and fire:
Damascus of Hebrew origin: DMShQ = door/daleth; water/mem; fire, spirit/shin; back of the head/qof.
"Back of the head" may need some explaining - it is the area of the cerebellum, that most ancient part of the brain
which has exponentially more folds than the cerbrum - it is the seat of the subconscious, the akashic records.
Here is how Q is drawn in hebrew:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBDY4RGxnWb9Jq66VALeU9zmN_tAUsJ MdK-c_ES_w9zeoTkrtk

Notice the cerebellum and spinal chord:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDDB0XORNQ-BOJg0AUa01YTtvjJiM9yAmwLvum1AAcqiGfJHdx

III
12-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Hi Solomon,

Your reply here I just doesn't connect with me. I don't know what you are saying. I have multitudes of such experiences. I "see' this "life" as a lot of segments, a lot of episodes. From above (overview) I see chains of these frames as each little segment. Over perceived duration of lots of recurrances I now (at this stage of the process) I often get a "briefing" as I enter a segment telling me how many recent recurrances I have had at the specific entry point and the situation into which I am entering. Up until a few years ago local time becasue of the health situations of this body I was recurring many times per year as I wasn't making it past quite a variety of death points.

It sure isn't ego that brings this being back to this life to die over and over. It is a conscious choice for alchemical reasons. It was a surprise to me that my daughter exited this line last year instead of having another recurrence experience continuing on here again. Her choices had squeezed this life she had here down to something she choose not to continue. I had known it was coming since her birth as my wife and I both saw that as she was literally being born. We just didn't know when.

The same dimensional principles are in effect with spontaneous healing and miracles.

I don't believe in "miracles". Spontaneous healing is another rebirth in place in which the body "morphs" along with the surroundings after a change is made, to match the new "coordinants" of the chamber. Miracles are not "exceptions" though they may look like that. They are part of the routine system. Again there is a discontinuity and something changes as one moves to a different version of the sequence. It is just another dimensional sidestep.

I have observed the process leading up to "spontaneous" healing in several cases. Each one had to do with a past life death trauma. One woman had all sorts of abdominal problems in various organs. As we worked back to the roots of it, she had been run through with a sword in one life placed some hundreds of years ago (or yesterday, no difference except that swords are not so routine these days). When the trauma of that was released her current problems went away. Again, it was the same for another woman who had suffered as a young teen in the Nazi death camps. When that trauma was released, she was no longer desperate to die and her many ills all just healed up. It was like being an overnight success after 20 years of preparation.

This ability to be reborn in the same body is precisely what is being discussed here

Ok, so this is a normal and routine occurance that is not always remembered by most. The first few times one remembers, it can seem kind of miraculous. After the 10th or hundreth or millionth time it is pretty routine as are the conditions and rules under which it happens.

This ability to be reborn in the same body is precisely what is being discussed here and in "the rapture" - one will be "taken" and the other one left, all according to frequency signature/resonance.

So what does recurrance have to do with the "rupture"? So what are you meaning, a large mass death event that have some recurring on the spot and others finding themself suddenly somewhere else? Why is that unusual? Or is that everybody notices and remembers that is totally unusual?

solomon levi
12-21-2012, 08:05 PM
Hi III.
To me we are saying the same thing. I follow you just fine.
I don't remember claiming it was anything unusual.
Miracles are happening all the time. Existence is a miracle no one can explain.
Being conscious of the miraculous, of the wonder and mystery, that is "unusual"
for this society I suppose... unusual to a particular mind-set, but not unusual as an event.
If I said ego is a cause of rebirth, it is only because I understand/see ego directly and am
not using the word as people usually do. The ego is the idea of a separate self/individual
existing independantly from others and the Source. The ego is a set of aggregates or
an energetic construct which perceives everything through that construct, thus reducing
infinity into something "manageable" and orderly for the physical aspect or human form.
It is conducive to survival, but we have over-emphasized that aggregate, those particular
emanations, and ignored the majority of others... just as we use 1/10th of our brain, 1/10th
of our genetics, so we use 1/10th (really much less - this is just a number) of the emanations
which the Infinite offers... less than a tenth of the EM spectrum, etc. As I said, it's necessary
to filter/condition to some degree on any plane of existence - total unconditioned = absolute or
no-thing-ness. The ego is a particularly rigid filter/structure/aggregate which involves only the
emanations of the lower three chakras or the first attention. It is the human form...

"You must lose your human form. You don't yet know about the human mold and the human form. The human form is a force and the human mold is ... well ... a mold.
Everything has a particular mold. Plants have molds, animals have molds, worms have molds. Sorcerers have the avenue of their dreaming to lead them to the mold. The mold of men is definitely an entity, an entity which can be seen by some of us at certain times when we are imbued with power, and by all of us for sure at the moment of our death. The mold is the source, the origin of man, since, without the mold to group together the force of life, there is no way for that force to assemble itself into the shape of man.
The human form is a sticky force that makes us the people we are. The human form has no form. It's anything, but in spite of not having form, it possesses us during our lives and doesn't leave us until we die.
A warrior must drop the human form in order to change, to really change. Otherwise there is only talk about change. One cannot change one iota as long as one holds on to the human form. A warrior knows that he cannot change, and yet he makes it his business to try to change, even though he knows that he won't be able to. That's the only advantage a warrior has over the average man. The warrior is never disappointed when he fails to change.
The only thing that makes you think you are yourself is the form. Once it leaves, you are nothing. A warrior without form begins to see an eye. The formless warrior uses that eye to start dreaming . If you don't have a form, you don't have to go to sleep to do dreaming . The eye in front of you pulls you every time you want to go.
Everything has to be sifted through our human form. When we have no form, then nothing has form and yet everything is present."

From my experience, the human mold is the template of visible light which is lord over infrared and hertzian/radio - that is the
lower three chakras and "social consciousness". As DJ says, we see it at death, just as we see "the light" as i have talked about
elsewhere. The light "strips" one of the human mold - the Eagle's beak "devours" human form/ego awareness.

I'm not sure if explaining it anymore will help. One just has to see it for oneself. But the correspondences are enough
to stimulate one's reason.

For the most part, I think we are only disagreeing in language.
Quantum popping happens thousands of times a second.
What's unusual is to be aware of it and to consciously utilise it.
That appears as a miracle to the unaware.
Even being aware, it is no less miraculous to me. :)
It will help if you keep in mind that I usually use words etymologically.
Miracle simply means "object of wonder".
To reduce infinity into something "known", into an image, is what the ego does.
The ego is the death of wonder, the unknown, the miraculous.
I don't believe in miracles either. I don't believe in anything. Yet I practice "having to believe" according to CC.
But people don't know what that means. I've tried to explain it.

" We, the luminous beings, are born with two rings of power, but we use only one to create the world. That ring, which is hooked very soon after we are born, is reason , and its companion is talking. Between the two they concoct and maintain the world. So, in essence, the world that your reason wants to sustain is the world created by a description and its dogmatic and inviolable rules, which the reason learns to accept and defend.
The secret of the luminous beings is that they have another ring of power which is never used, the will . The trick of the sorcerer is the same trick of the average man. Both have a description; one, the average man, upholds it with his reason ; the other, the sorcerer, upholds it with his will . Both descriptions have their rules and the rules are perceivable, but the advantage of the sorcerer is that will is more engulfing than reason . You must learn to let yourself perceive whether the description is upheld by your reason or by your will . That is the only way for you to use your daily world as a challenge and a vehicle to accumulate enough personal power in order to get to the totality of yourself."

So believing is done with reason and having to believe is done with will. That's one significant difference.

"A warrior must be fluid and must shift harmoniously with the world around him, whether it is the world of reason , or the world of will . The most dangerous aspect of that shifting comes forth every time the warrior finds that the world is neither one nor the other. I was told that the only way to succeed in that crucial shifting was by proceeding in one's actions as if one believed. In other words, the secret of a warrior is that he believes without believing. But obviously a warrior cannot just say he believes and let it go at that. That would be too easy. To just believe would exonerate him from examining his situation. A warrior, whenever he has to involve himself with believing, does it as a choice, as an expression of his innermost predilection. A warrior doesn't believe, a warrior has to believe."

So people have argued that you can't not believe. Well, you can and you can't. That is having to believe.
Seers are very improvisational. :) They are full of paradox and apparent contradictions.
It is a contradiction to reason, but not to will.
It is a contradiction to talking, but not to acting.
I believe without believing because i have to believe.
This is completely different than believing. :) As different as the first attention and the second.

What does recurrance have to do with rapture?
Take the example from "through a glass darkly" where the dreamer and the dreamed become mirror-images to one another.
A dreamer can wake up where s/he went to sleep or wake up in a location of their dreams.
Similarly, one can "recur" on earth in the human form, or recur elsewhere. Elsewhere can be another dimension
or another parallel universe or whatever. Elsewhere can be a different aggregate or mind-set or a different conglomerate
of emanations... a different signature...