PDA

View Full Version : Curious thing about fire

Susu
12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
I was at a friend's party the other night and they had a fire pit going. I was fascinated by how the fire was moving and I thought it was interesting how fire can just multiply the way it does. When lighting a candle the flame multiplies, without giving up or losing it's flame. This may seem pretty basic but I can not think of anything else that works the same. The only thing that comes close to it is an idea.

It also reminds me of what we have read about the P Stone or the last process in the Alchemical Process, which is multiplication. Any thoughts?

I may have had one too many beers that night so please excuse the ignorance. =P

solomon levi
12-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Hi Susu!
I'm not sure what you mean by 'multiplies' in relation to fire.
You mean how it keeps going or do you mean spreading?
Is it something related to the fuel? - fire must be fed...

Bel Matina
12-18-2012, 08:52 AM
That fire multiplies so quickly and wildly is due to its simplicity. On account of that, it can rapidly project its nature into all sorts of matter with very little preparation. Of course, without matter to project into, or air (chemical energy in the form of O2 - a hidden fire) it just as quickly goes out.

Susu
12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Hi Susu!
I'm not sure what you mean by 'multiplies' in relation to fire.
You mean how it keeps going or do you mean spreading?
Is it something related to the fuel? - fire must be fed...

I guess what I meant was spread. Granted, fire needs fuel to stay alive I just find it interesting that one flame can spread the way it does, as in passing it's fire to the next object without losing it's own. I may be looking at it too deeply. =/

solomon levi
12-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Not too deep. Just searching for your coordinates. :)

Yes, it really is mysterious. Now I'm wondering how you see it like an idea. :)
You mean like 100th monkey?

When i ponder it, there is more to fire than meets the eye.
The flame would be the body, but it is also heat and light.
It sometimes appears to have a gaseous aspect which is responsible for transfer,
like lighting a candle wick without actually touching it.
It's also fascinating the colors which can be produced at different temperatures.

The wikipedia page is interesting. Check out the spherical blue flame in zero gravity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flame

III
12-18-2012, 09:14 PM
I was at a friend's party the other night and they had a fire pit going. I was fascinated by how the fire was moving and I thought it was interesting how fire can just multiply the way it does. When lighting a candle the flame multiplies, without giving up or losing it's flame. This may seem pretty basic but I can not think of anything else that works the same. The only thing that comes close to it is an idea.

It also reminds me of what we have read about the P Stone or the last process in the Alchemical Process, which is multiplication. Any thoughts?

I may have had one too many beers that night so please excuse the ignorance. =P

Hi Susu,

I do have a thought on "multiplication", not in terms of "P stone" but in terms of Alchemical process. At the instant of "completion' of "ONE", a new dimension is added and that "ONE" is [replicated, multiplied, copied, etc] into every chamber. So going from a single point "ONE" to an infinite "line" of "ONE", from an infinite line of "ONE" to an infinite "square" of ONE, to an infinite cube of "ONE", to an infinite tesserect of "ONE", and so forth. Each such multiplication makes one into a being of much vaster characteristics. It's like a copy with "fill" in a spreadsheet. This is a rare occurance for any Alchemist so if one has experienced it, it is generally remembered. At each multiplication then, one starts all over and does it again.

BE IN LOVE

Krisztian
12-19-2012, 10:49 PM
I was at a friend's party the other night and they had a fire pit going. I was fascinated by how the fire was moving and I thought it was interesting how fire can just multiply the way it does. When lighting a candle the flame multiplies, without giving up or losing it's flame.

The 'fire element' is a creative, all-consuming force. Very much like the spiritual flame that our physical vessel keeps alive at-all-costs. My favorite quote from Sendivogius goes as follows:

"Neither the body nor the grain is all seed, but every body has a small seminal spark, which the other parts protect from all excess of heat and cold" (The New Chemical Light).

Fire predominates in the animal kingdom also, as opposed to vegetable or mineral.

I also believe that there's something sacred about fire whether its the physical element or the 'seminal spark' Sendivogius mentioned.

Ilos
01-10-2013, 05:33 PM
To me fire in my imagination is like opening a port to the outer space It is like the key to turn the light into darkness
Fire is the tool of creation as well as destruction you can give life with it also take with it.
It is a world of its own and in order to survive it needs to feed and multiply
Theres a bit of fire in every one of us and in everything in this world.
It is the reason of fear and the reason of strength, It is the flower that we breath and the love that we feel :)