PDA

View Full Version : Anointing of the Dove

solomon levi
12-24-2012, 08:06 PM
There is a great video or dvd recording of William Henry called
the Anointing of the Dove which is really amazing and revealing.
I'm sure not everyone will appreciate the same as i do, but it is
really incredible IMO.
Not sure what more to say on it - there are so many symbols and stuff
that are the important parts - old sumerian pics and stuff and a lot of
green language/etymology and symbolism, especially related to Mary
Magdalene/Sophia/Isis etc, and Christ. But fully related to the same
alchemical symbolism.

Found this book which is related to the material on the dvds:

http://books.google.com/books?id=I9honL070lMC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=celestial+%22spring%22+cosmic+rays+Farrar&source=bl&ots=RHtmHw4-F0&sig=TTnoPFRy58UMlFubZPaZHzxmbNQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8rPYUM7SK9GGqQHL4ID4DQ&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=celestial%20%22spring%22%20cosmic%20rays%20Farra r&f=false

Krisztian
12-25-2012, 03:20 AM
There is a great video or dvd recording of William Henry called
the Anointing of the Dove which is really amazing and revealing.
I'm sure not everyone will appreciate the same as i do, but it is
really incredible IMO.
Not sure what more to say on it - there are so many symbols and stuff
that are the important parts - old sumerian pics and stuff and a lot of
green language/etymology and symbolism, especially related to Mary
Magdalene/Sophia/Isis etc, and Christ. But fully related to the same
alchemical symbolism.

Found this book which is related to the material on the dvds:

http://books.google.com/books?id=I9honL070lMC&pg=PA11&lpg=PA11&dq=celestial+%22spring%22+cosmic+rays+Farrar&source=bl&ots=RHtmHw4-F0&sig=TTnoPFRy58UMlFubZPaZHzxmbNQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=8rPYUM7SK9GGqQHL4ID4DQ&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=celestial%20%22spring%22%20cosmic%20rays%20Farra r&f=false

I know exactly what you mean, Solomon. I have followed Henry's research over the years, and I think he's close but more from an intellectual approach. His collection icons, symbols, etc. are something to behold!

He describes something about an initiation oil that produces Christhood.

solomon levi
12-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Something else i remember enjoying was the connection between alchemy
and perfumery. It made me remember the descriptions of the scent when
alchemists were successful.

Krisztian
12-26-2012, 04:52 AM
Something else i remember enjoying was the connection between alchemy
and perfumery. It made me remember the descriptions of the scent when alchemists were successful.

That's right, that's what I was referring to. Henry makes a compelling argument about that oil, it's transformational quality! Egyptians also used scents and oils for initiations. At the heart of all that as you say sits alchemy.

solomon levi
12-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes. But I think this can be misintereted. There are lots of oils - essential oils - with
beautiful smells. Many speculate on what oil or salve was in the Magdalene's jar.
But alchemically speaking, I don't think it has anything to do with essential oils of plants,
but the sulphur/oil of the cosmos. ;)
Of course, as above so below.
It's just a matter of spagyrics or high alchemy. Of course the rules are the same on whatever level.
But Mary Magdalene is probably an astrological archetype rather than a person, so we have to
think of the oil on that archetypal level too IMO. Not that it doesn't have a body... but to find the body
we must start from the top, the archetype, and work our way down - following Ariadne's thread. ;)

Anyway, I don't think the oil which a Chrestos is anointed with has anything to do with essential oils
of plants or even tree resins, as spagyrically potent as these may be. Christ was anointed by the Dove
through "baptism". Water baptism is astral initiation. I think more people understand this spiritually
than they do alchemically (understatement). Very few know how to catch a star in a flask. Fortunately,
the results are the same - as above so below. Unfortunately, perhaps, science knows how to do this
with technologies that are sometimes far more complex than those used by the alchemists, or at least
on a grander scale.
Anyway, if there was an oil/salve, it was probably used ceremonially after the fact and not the cause as
some postulate. This oil would not have the desired effect without the Universal Soul. Of course all oils
have this to some degree, but...
I think the sea salt-olive oil gel-ormus is pretty profound. And even plant tinctures open us up to initiation.

I don't know what I'm saying... I just think the alchemist is the most important ingredient - all important.
But then it sounds like I'm saying there is only spiritual alchemy. This is one of those paradoxes/contradictions
I don't know how to communicate very well.
The stone will work on anyone - but the stone came into the world through a realised alchemist.

Let me re-group. I need to step back for a minute. :)