PDA

View Full Version : ways to chat about alchemy

solomon levi
12-26-2012, 04:55 PM
If anyone has ideas or suggestions on how to communicate with others
you can post them here.
Or if you want to be available for skype or a facebook group or something like that,
you can say so here and then people can connect with eachother.
Or you can probably post contact information in your profile if you like.

Anyway, If you don't want to post your information, at least you can let people
know here that you would be interested in such a thing and share info privately.

If there were scheduled times for such events, I'd be interested in popping in.
I don't know how to set such things up, so if anyone wants to grab the reins...

Andro
12-26-2012, 07:33 PM
I think it kind of happens by itself... People who need to be in contact, are (or 'will be') in contact :)

I think PM here is a good way to get acquainted, basically testing the waters and taking it nice and slow...

There's also the email option here on the forum, for those who have it enabled.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for myself, for those who know me more personally (you know who you are), I usually prefer more personal/casual communications.
Call it 'smalltalk' if you will (I really enjoy smalltalk ;)) - and talking Alchemy is a bonus rather than a goal. Friendship before Alchemy.

I do have my Skype available on the forum, but you'll need to send me an Add Contact request before we can talk on Skype.

I am also a rather discerning bastard (:p), so it would be best if you first bring something to the table,
something that has the potential to provide for a compatible platform of communication...

Oh, and if you're into Skype, I usually prefer talking audio (I don't like typing), so please have an Audio & Video Headset (or headphones/speakers and a microphone).

I personally loathe the Facebook platform, so I don't have an account there or on any other social networks.

That pretty much sums up my Com-Profile, I think...

I'm pretty sure everyone has different variations on how they prefer to communicate or to be contacted...

If there are any open-invite Events, I'm sure they will be announced here. There are a few ideas getting thrown around already, but they're still in their infancy...

Ilos
12-27-2012, 07:38 PM
I think that it would be a good idea if the forum had some kind of a chat channel
for people who need probably some quick tips or a just long talk without having to wait for the reply
I know some use skype some still use live messenger and some dont use anything so that could probably
be a problem to get one another in in touch.
Yes true there are PMs and emails and users can arange thees kind of thinks privatly
but what if a new user comes and wants a quick chit chat about hes work or anything related with chating
I would recomend if possible for the forum to have create an Mirc (http://www.mirc.com/) channel its old fashioned and it dosent take much space when installed
It dosent recuire registrations (I think) you basicly just connect to the server with a nickname and your on.
Thank you :)

vega33
01-03-2013, 10:56 PM
I'm also interested in the mIRC option. There used to be something like this set up on undernet ages ago, but it ended up dying out.

If people are interested let me know what server groups and nicknames? Efnet is perhaps a little too big and laggy.

Seth-Ra
01-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I know ive been somewhat quiet as of late - we (me) are dealing with a bit of madness... constructive madness lol quite therapeutic and mind-cracking...

anyway, im generally available for some sort of chatting, PM, email, skype, FB - im not really picky. lol I prefer to type, so i can multitask, but if time permits im not opposed to voice conversations. :)

I like the idea of scheduled "events"/meetings - i think that would prove very interesting.

Im not sure if there is anything different/better than the other ideas mentioned, but as a WoW player, i know of plenty who use a voice service called ventrilo to do voice chatting. Multiple people can enter a "room" and chat etc.
(ive never looked into it myself, only used it for guild events and such, as people tend to not like the built-in voice chat in game. *shrugs*)
The link if anyone is interested: http://www.ventrilo.com/

:)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
All sounds great... I am also thinking about arranging a small intimate congress for 4-5 days where we can discuss and get to know each other properly. The only cost will be a plane ticket and we can also fundraise amongst ourselves to help pay the ticket for those that can't afford it. Also cost for food but I have big kitchen so this will not be expensive if we cook together big feasts.

It will take place in Amsterdam as I have a big place there that can host ten people at least.

Informal discussions, sharing of knowledge, sightseeing, grill on my roof balcony with view of the city. No party though, would like to keep it fairly sober as the goal is friend making and knowledge sharing. But it would be interesting to have a serious magic truffle ceremony for those interested.

PM if you are interested.

:cool:

Andro
01-06-2013, 01:40 PM
It will take place in Amsterdam

I think I would rather wait for the warmer summer months :)

Awani
01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Yes well if such an event takes places I am sure it will take several months to arrange.

:cool:

Ilos
01-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Lol dev this sounds like the mystery of the cathedrals :P
good idea tho, keep us informed about this.

Anyway is AF going to provide us with an chat solution for both members before the meeting is arranged? :)

SolX
03-13-2013, 11:46 PM
i can swim well. but i think after 20 miles i get very tied. thats the farthest i atempted to go. going to have to use a plane. any one know of cut rate fares? lodging and food is all on me. a place to cook me some rice is all i need. and a nice tall tree to sleep under for my pillow.

i am of the K.I.S.S. mentality. :)

solx
a lost terren

solomon levi
03-19-2013, 03:57 AM
that sounds fun dev!

Kiorionis
03-19-2013, 04:37 AM
I am interested in all of this :)

I also have a skype account if anyone is interested in chatting with a montanan...

psykopanther
01-24-2014, 04:42 PM
vent, teamspeak, conference chat in skype, irc. i up for any of these. although like seth, i am also more into typing than voice as its easier to do and keeps multiple people from talking over each other. But a real time live chat discussion would be interesting if enough were willing to join. Although to prevent wasted time, i think it would be nice to have maybe a theme/topic to discuss? the first time maybe just to get to know each other a bit more without any specific topics though.