PDA

View Full Version : the power of dreaming

Kiorionis
01-08-2013, 04:21 PM
hey everyone,
so i've been doing a bit of contemplation, research and experimentation with dreams and dreaming that i'd like to share.
it goes like this:
say you have a substance you don't know what to do with, or an item that you're curious about metaphysically. my technique has been to sleep with it near me, and while i drift off to concentrate on entering into the item during my dream-time to experience it on a different level.

my recent experience with this technique was quite helpful!
i haven't perfected it yet, maybe i just need practice.
but any thoughts or similar techniques/ideas are much appreciated.

other than that,
cheers!

Krisztian
01-08-2013, 06:54 PM
say you have a substance you don't know what to do with, or an item that you're curious about metaphysically. my technique has been to sleep with it near me, and while i drift off to concentrate on entering into the item during my dream-time to experience it on a different level.

Techniques like the one you describe have been encouraged in the Old Country for generations, Kiorionis. In other terms, one can also 'transfer consciousness' into the substance or object. Be meditative, calm inner, focus on flowing mind into the matter, and explore what you learn with the full senses. You may hear colours, see actual sounds, feel an identity, etc.

One would need to become ever-more sensitive because that type of interaction between plants and humans, rocks and human, as well as with minerals and objects, does occur already. Its just that the personality you call you chatters too much so one can't hear it.

my recent experience with this technique was quite helpful! i haven't perfected it yet, maybe i just need practice. but any thoughts or similar techniques/ideas are much appreciated.

I'm sure you would. Keep developing more subtle senses so that you can retain and observe the communicative method that the object is using. Their "language" is somewhat different to ours.

Fantastic! Humanity needs development of consciousness and not necessarily video games, if you know what I mean?

Andro
01-08-2013, 07:10 PM
one can also 'transfer consciousness' into the substance or object.

IMO, the TV series Warehouse 13 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132290/) deals brilliantly with this particular topic. Normal objects become 'magical artifacts' when exposed to certain people & conditions. I absolutely loved watching it.

From Wikipedia:

Originally, artifacts are items connected to some historical or mythological figure or event. Each artifact has been imbued with something from their creator, user, or a major event in history. Some are well known: Lewis Carroll's looking glass, which contains an evil entity called "Alice" that can possess other people's bodies (Myka in Season 1 episode "Duped"), leaving their minds trapped in the mirror; and Edgar Allan Poe's pen and a volume of his writing, which can make whatever the user writes a reality. Some are not: Lizzie Borden had a mirrored compact that today compels users to kill their loved ones with an axe; Marilyn Monroe owned a brush that now turns its user's hair platinum blonde, which Myka once used on herself while under the influence of W. C. Fields' juggling balls that induce drunkenness and blackouts. Others are just plain bizarre such as Pavlov's Bell, which will call any dog to you but causes excessive drooling for 24 hours, or a magic kettle that grants wishes but will produce a ferret if the wish is impossible.

http://www.kat.ph/torrentwidget/6BA1DA8A9578E6F53FDBB8D40E7793B2D79D01B6.png (http://www.kat.ph/warehouse-13-complete-s01-s04-t6737451.html)

Krisztian
01-08-2013, 07:35 PM
IMO, the TV series Warehouse 13 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132290/) deals brilliantly with this particular topic. Normal objects become 'magical artifacts' when exposed to certain people & conditions. I absolutely loved watching it.

That's very encouraging Androgynus! I haven't watched one for at least 8 years; but I keep hearing that television of late has had programs that represent a larger scope of reality. Has that been your experience?

Andro
01-08-2013, 07:47 PM
I keep hearing that television of late has had programs that represent a larger scope of reality. Has that been your experience?

Absolutely! Lots of great TV shows out there, dealing with topics that we are actually often discussing here as well.

I don't have a TV, so I don't watch 'normal' television programming, but everything I need to see can be found online, often even in live streaming.

Shows I am currently following or have followed in the past:

Warehouse 13
Haven
Fringe
Merlin (ended)
Supernatural
The Vampire Diaries
Lost (ended)
Doctor Who & Torchwood
The Event (ended)
The Secret Room
True Blood
Game of Thrones
Flash Forward (ended)
Carnivale (ended)
Heroes (ended)
Alias (ended)
Eureka (ended)

Just to name a few :)

Ilos
01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I remember I used to play this game allot, called DOTA, no doubt it is a very good game I enjoyed it and I used to play it say like all night and in a way study it wile playing.
The game would have updates and changes new stuff that would be new characters or to be more precise new heroes.
I would see dreams about new heroes coming out and I would play with those heroes in my dream.
After awhile the game would bring up new updates with new heroes to play with and there would be almost exactly like the ones I would see in my dream.
I have no doubt about this I'm just a bit in a dilemma for the reason why I would see them in my dreams, was it because I liked the game so much and it took a part of my consciousness or maybe I was just able to see my future in a way my consciousness knew whats about to happen to it. There is definitely a consciousness link surrounding us, its just that we cant see it unable to unfold it.