PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

Ilos
01-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Wikipedia
Suicide (Latin suicidium, from sui caedere, "to kill oneself") is the act of intentionally causing one's own death. Suicide is often committed out of despair, the cause of which can be attributed to a mental disorder such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, alcoholism, or drug abuse.[1] Stress factors such as financial difficulties or troubles with interpersonal relationships often play a significant role.[2]

Over one million people die by suicide every year. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that it is the 13th leading cause of death worldwide[3] and the National Safety Council rates it sixth in the United States.[4] It is a leading cause of death among teenagers and adults under 35.[5][6] The rate of suicide is far higher in men than in women, with males worldwide three to four times more likely to kill themselves than females.[7][8] There are an estimated 10 to 20 million non-fatal attempted suicides every year worldwide.[9]

Iv read this and it made me thought, what could passably be so strong to put anyone so down that would make anyone end their life.
There are plenty of stories how people came up into committing suicide and none of the reasons seem understandable in any way.
I have to disagree in a way with scientists or doctors claiming that most of the time that the cause was from a mental disorder. Thats not what I would really say I think that people that commit suicide are fully aware of what they are doing at least I believe that most of them are and thats what I cant seem to find the true reason of why they are put to that point.
What most of people usually consider:
Physical pain should be treated with medicine, etc..
Mental illness, Therapy.
In every problematic field theres a solution instead of finding the solution why end your life. Is ending your life a solution? Not really.
What really makes those hands to even move into helping anyone commit suicide.
Why should we let our emotions get into us when we can manipulate with our selfs as we please.
Does this have to do anything with being dumb? And not being able to find their way of transmutation?
Think it through. There are probably thousands of doctors trying to find the cure for aids and cancer. How many are there trying to find the cure for suicide?
I think that it should be treated more as an a spiritual disorder than a mental disorder. Here is where, I think that Suicide should take place and be considered by someone more than with just a medical knowledge. This is maybe one of the spots where an Alchemist should take a look at..

Awani
01-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Psychedelics is a potential cure for suicide (and many other ailments as well).

:cool:

zoas23
01-12-2013, 08:46 PM
The people I know who gave hints about a possible suicide didn't do it.
The suicides I know were commited by people who gave no hints at all and whose suicide was VERY unexpected... and hard to understand.

I do remember two different women (two different and unrelated suicides) who left a letter "explaining" the reasons of the suicide. Both of them were average thin ladies. Both of them wrote that they couldn't stand living in their "fat" bodies (which didn't make any sense... if they had been fat, then a diet was possible... but these two persons didn't even need a diet, they were thin ladies).

Another friend killed herself a year and a half ago... she always looked happy, she had lots of money (no financial problems), no known love related problems.... we still have no idea why she killed herself.

On the ther hand, I've been the companion for a few months of a friend who said that she was planning to kill herself and requested help (she requested this help to me, a few other friends and her psychologist... and we all became some sort of "anti-suicide" team for her for a few months). After a few months all the ideas related to suicide were gone. What we did was not specially complicated as a technical procedure (i.e, I mean that we didn't use any kind of specific knowledge, except for her psychologist)... and it was mostly a matter of "being there", using common sense and being patient.

I do agree with your idea of "spiritual disorder"... I also think that in most of the cases it is not so hard to help someone who gives hints about a possible suicide. I also don't think it is too hard to help someone who gives hints or asks for help.
But quite often the ones who really do it give no hints at all before doing it... and their suicide comes as completely unexpected and it is quite surprising (maybe the idea of "surprising" in English has a possitive meaning, I'm not sure... I mean "surprising" in a negative way).

That's the main problem I see with this situation.