PDA

View Full Version : Re-Intro: Seth-Ra

Seth-Ra
01-12-2013, 11:58 PM
There comes a time, when the ashes of the old you scatter before the flames of the reborn you.

This is a re-intro to me, a new me.

The final "spark" that has lit this blaze, was given by dev:
We have to get out of the closet.
The topic was about conforming to the illusions, rather than being our true selves. It struck a nerve (in a good way) as ive been accused of being a "closet gnostic" before. lol

Well, im going to re-write that altogether:

I am a Sorcerer. I am an Alchemist.
I call my Magick, Alchemy - and vise versa.
In the past few months, a lot has happened with me, and my life. A lot has been shown and revealed. I do not conform to any church, to any set religion, standard ideology, philosophy, etc.
Principles are malleable. Math is malleable. Above and Below are but my Left and Right hands.

If the above, makes me a non-"christian", then see below:

Hi,

My name is Jessie, and I am Magick. :cool:

Ignite your Arcane Fire - rise with your spirit - be the spirit, the True You. Solve et coagula.

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/154/282e3acd9ac342a09bae807001e88978/l.jpg

~Seth-Ra

Andro
01-13-2013, 12:24 AM
It gives me great pleasure to read what you wrote above... Not that it's any great surprise after our many skype calls... But I still really appreciate this 'coming out'.

Over-defining oneself with cultural-based nomenclature is overrated IMO, anyway...

In a strict alchemical allegorical context, I guess I could also 'define' myself as a 'christian'... But what good would it do me?

I am what I am, and it's expressed in what I think, feel, say and do. That should be more than enough for a 'definition' :)

Thank you. And if so far I may have only expressed my appreciation for you privately, it is in the public domain now :)

Seth-Ra
01-13-2013, 01:01 AM
It gives me great pleasure to read what you wrote above... Not that it's any great surprise after our many skype calls... But I still really appreciate this 'coming out'.

Thanks - i appreciate our many skype calls. :)

Over-defining oneself with cultural-based nomenclature is overrated IMO, anyway...

In a strict alchemical allegorical context, I guess I could also 'define' myself as a 'christian'... But what good would it do me?

I am what I am, and it's expressed in what I think, feel, say and do. That should be more than enough for a 'definition' :)

So very true. :cool:

Thank you. And if so far I may have only expressed my appreciation for you privately, it is in the public domain now :)

Same here my friend. :)

~Seth-Ra

Awani
01-13-2013, 02:00 AM
The final "spark" that has lit this blaze, was given by dev: We have to get out of the closet.

Glad you caught it this time as I have thrown that hook out many times in the recent year;)

:cool:

Seth-Ra
03-10-2013, 01:24 AM
As part of my continued "renewal" - it seems my "Spirit Animal" (tis what ive called it since i was little... i dont recall the age, but i recall the encounter...) has... i dont wanna say "changed", so much as a new one is added, and is in dominion now.

When I was little (5... 6... 7 - somewhere in there...) i had a connection with a wolf (and if it wasnt one, it looked like it, and no matter how unlikely it seems - to me and my spirit, it was a wolf) and ive felt "apart" of them ever since. Even now my room is decorated with wolf paintings and pics, the name of the paint on my wall is "lone wolf", etc etc etc.
Other animals have come along and connected, and aided me since, and while there is a speaking-terms-bond, its not been on the same level.

But now a new one is calling to me, even coming to me. The fox. :cool:

Ive known of them for a while (as in folklore, magick, Japanese mythology etc etc), but they never quite spoke to me, until now. Feels like its part of my progression: a vicious hunter with sharp intellect and sharper weapons (wolf archetype and my sword), to a carefree omnivore, with keener cunning and life-loving/game-playing personality, though retaining its bite (fox archetype with my stick/staff-arts).
They are thought to be magickal, living up to a thousand years (sounds familiar ;) ) and gaining tails as they grow in power and wisdom - up to 9 of them. Possessing powers of fire (secret? ;) ), and perfect wisdom with psychic abilities.
Known for their cunning and trickery (Hermes much?) and their usefulness in ridding areas of rodents, i present my new spirit animal:

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/46/d6a81f4c65c5422e98be568708721708/l.jpg

Also, i cant help but smirk at the 3 colors of its fur. ;)

Recently i bought some bracers, they just happened to have fur on them - i figured out it was fox . (bit by bit it began infiltrating my wardrobe and house. lol) I later got a staff wrapped in the same fur (albeit, not as pretty as the one in the pic above - i like it nonetheless, each animal is unique after all). While i dont have a pic of the staff, i do have one of the bracers.
(And while above i used my stick/staff art in relation to the fox rather than the lethality of my sword - the pic was taken with my sword. Ive not put my claws away entirely. :cool:)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66976_610950402265426_1480851747_n.jpg

Interesting info:

In many cultures, the fox appears in folklore as a symbol of cunning and trickery, or as a familiar animal possessed of magic powers. The common iconism of fox as a cunning creature most probably originates in the old indo-Iranian fables gathered in the Kalīlah wa Dimnah.

In Dogon mythology, the pale fox is the trickster god of the desert, who embodies chaos.

In Finnish mythology, the fox is depicted usually a cunning trickster, but seldom evil. The fox, while weaker, in the end outsmarts both the evil and voracious wolf and the strong but not-so-cunning bear. It symbolizes the victory of intelligence over both malevolence and brute strength.

In early Mesopotamian mythology, the fox is one of the sacred animals of the goddess Ninhursag. The fox acts as her messenger.

(I recommend looking up that goddess - is even more interesting.)

The fox theme is often associated with transformation in European and East Asian literature.

More can be found here:

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxes_in_culture

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

So, cheers to my new-found/realized carefree, cunningly playful, but still canine (never forget thine roots), guide and friend. :)

~Seth-Ra

Kiorionis
03-11-2013, 06:56 PM
The best book I've read about trickster mythology is
Trickster Makes This World
by lewis hyde.
:cool:

solomon levi
03-12-2013, 12:48 AM
I saw this amazing fox on Mt. Rainier once while driving.
He was just chillin... didn't run away or anything.
I parked and walked up to him... guess he was hungry, but you're not supposed to feed animals in the park.
I did anyway. He had these beautiful gray colors though.
Cool... found a pic:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiloKVQD-J7PHI8TQ8cUpiYdWR5qELELAvsgtlTMYf-J0FH8eu

:)

Salazius
03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Welcome Seth-Ra ;)

Krisztian
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, I see several foxes weekly around our home, they have such agility and also playfulness about them. Curious creatures, that is to be sure.

Rebirth it is, great archetypal imagery.

Lunsola
03-23-2013, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't say it makes you non christian at all. If anything I'd say it makes you more of a real christian. I remember somewhere in the old testament Moses and Aaron were facing sorcerers of Egypt. Both sides in my opinion were clearly using magic but Moses and Aaron easily won. There are also other examples of people having special powers and some living a much longer life.

Many people I meet in real life claim to be christian until they are betraying someone or doing evil in some way. Then come the excuses of everybody sins and such. It's like most people pretend to be christian so they can get their green card to heaven. Some seem like christians in theory but basically satanists in practice. Of course don't get me wrong, there are plenty of great christians who are naive or for the most part innocent even if they don't agree with more liberal views.

I am also disregarding any hate and judgmental types from the start. Obviously hate wasn't the message of the new testament side. I think a lot of stuff just gets put in because of the person writing it and people really miss out on the true wisdom contained in the entire bible. Either way I'd say you would fit right in with the best parts of the bible more so than what popular opinion deems a worthy christian these days.

Also I love foxes, reminds me of a show I watched recently called Spice and Wolf. Despite the title one of the main characters reminds me more of a fox than a wolf.

solomon levi
03-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm skeptical that Simon Magus was 'defeated' magically by Peter... to draw a parallel... that one sounds like propaganda/lies. We must consider who is writing history and if they are agents of free press or otherwise motivated... sneaky foxes :)

lwowl
03-23-2013, 09:35 PM
As part of my continued "renewal" - it seems my "Spirit Animal" (tis what ive called it since i was little... i dont recall the age, but i recall the encounter...) has... i dont wanna say "changed", so much as a new one is added, and is in dominion now.

When I was little (5... 6... 7 - somewhere in there...) i had a connection with a wolf (and if it wasnt one, it looked like it, and no matter how unlikely it seems - to me and my spirit, it was a wolf) and ive felt "apart" of them ever since. Even now my room is decorated with wolf paintings and pics, the name of the paint on my wall is "lone wolf", etc etc etc.
Other animals have come along and connected, and aided me since, and while there is a speaking-terms-bond, its not been on the same level.

But now a new one is calling to me, even coming to me. The fox. :cool:

Ive known of them for a while (as in folklore, magick, Japanese mythology etc etc), but they never quite spoke to me, until now. Feels like its part of my progression: a vicious hunter with sharp intellect and sharper weapons (wolf archetype and my sword), to a carefree omnivore, with keener cunning and life-loving/game-playing personality, though retaining its bite (fox archetype with my stick/staff-arts).
They are thought to be magickal, living up to a thousand years (sounds familiar ;) ) and gaining tails as they grow in power and wisdom - up to 9 of them. Possessing powers of fire (secret? ;) ), and perfect wisdom with psychic abilities.
Known for their cunning and trickery (Hermes much?) and their usefulness in ridding areas of rodents, i present my new spirit animal:

http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/46/d6a81f4c65c5422e98be568708721708/l.jpg

Also, i cant help but smirk at the 3 colors of its fur. ;)

Recently i bought some bracers, they just happened to have fur on them - i figured out it was fox . (bit by bit it began infiltrating my wardrobe and house. lol) I later got a staff wrapped in the same fur (albeit, not as pretty as the one in the pic above - i like it nonetheless, each animal is unique after all). While i dont have a pic of the staff, i do have one of the bracers.
(And while above i used my stick/staff art in relation to the fox rather than the lethality of my sword - the pic was taken with my sword. Ive not put my claws away entirely. :cool:)

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/66976_610950402265426_1480851747_n.jpg

Interesting info:

(I recommend looking up that goddess - is even more interesting.)

More can be found here:

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxes_in_culture

•http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

So, cheers to my new-found/realized carefree, cunningly playful, but still canine (never forget thine roots), guide and friend. :)

~Seth-Ra

You might want to consider this. The Taoist alchemists said besides humans only foxes can make the enchymoma or internal elixir. I had the great fortune to meet a wild fox. We named him Mulder. He was brilliant and could read your thoughts and project his to you. When he left our care he moved into the hillside behind my house for about a year. I had to move my lab in the forest back into the house because Mulder tipped over my Mongolian still and lapped up some of the elixir that was almost done after three days of circulating.
Foxes are solitary spirits that travel alone only getting together for mating then parting again to the solitary life. The fox is a very powerful spiritual being of profound depth. Respect.

From my journal:
8-16-94:
Three nights ago a young fox was brought in to us after it had been hit by a car. The fox had no appearent injury to its body. It was semi comatose and in shock. We suspected a head injury though no obvious area of impact was evident. We placed a few drops of water in its mouth, but there was no response. The next morning we noticed a swelling to the right side of its head just below and behind its ear. It was breathing regularly, but was still comatose. We again placed a few drops of water in its mouth, still no response. By that afternoon the fox was more stiff and contorted with its neck twisted and its head resting on its back. Next it began to have seizures and convulsions. The fox jerked about wildly as its muscles convulsed in spasms and its nervous system misfired in chaotic seizures. We thought it was the final contorted death throws. The fox survived the first seizure and the next one was even more severe. Unable to bear the sight of this creature’s pitiful suffering any longer I prepared a dose of the essence (6-29-94).
We orally administered 1.5cc of 5 parts water to 1 part essence in a syringe without a needle on it. The essence was slowly injected into the corner of the fox’s mouth. It was between seizures and lay there lymp, exhausted and breathing irregularly. It made no notice of the liquid which slowly dribbled out the other side of its mouth. The fox remained free of seizures for the next thirty minutes so we attempted to get more essence into it using the same method. This time when the syringe was inserted into the corner of its mouth and the essence dribbled in the fox began to move its tongue and swallow for the first time. It actively took in the entire 3cc of essence though it was still unconscious. This (swallowing) was the first positive sign the fox demonstrated since it came into our care. It relaxed for the first time and began to breathe deeply and rhythmically. We attempted to give it water in the same manner but it refused. About an hour later the fox actively swallowed low fat cow’s milk mixed with 50% water from a syringe administered in the same manner previously described. After drinking about 15cc form the syringe the fox lapped the diluted milk up from a cup held under its head. Four hours later it began to stiffen and we gave it another dose of essence which it actively swallowed. Once again it relaxed. Later though it lay on its side the fox defecated for the first time since under our care. Then within an hour we gave the fox milk mixed with water and cooked egg chopped up into it. It was not interested in the cup of nourishment until after it drank about 15cc via the syringe. The fox’s head still had to be held up for it as it was unable to hold it stable. By this time the fox had regained some abilities and was looking around actively sniffing the air.
The fox took a dose of essence during the night and one more in the morning. It continued to take nourishment from the syringe and the cup. The fox attempted to get to its feet several times but was too dizzy and fell back down. Around noon the fox staggered to its feed looking quite dizzy and backed into a private corner then urinated and defecated. It has refused any further doses of essence but continues to eat and rapidly improve. Nourishment must be administered to the sleeping fox using the syringe at first, which seems to stimulate its appetite enough to wake up. Once awake, it will lap liquid nourishment from the cup.
The following morning the fox was alert and immediately lapped diluted milk. Subsequent feedings of water, egg yolk and milk were also lapped up without need for a syringe.

8-25-94:
The fox we treated with essence (8-16-94) completely regained his motor coordination by the seventh day under our care. He wouldn’t come back into the house after his morning walk and trotted off into the woods. We saw him again the next morning. He growled at us to keep our distance away from him but he was not menacing in any way. I believe he just didn’t want to be handled anymore. We gave him milk and cooked egg. He would not eat or dirng until we left. He consumed the food and we have not seen him since. He looked happy, healthy and alert when we last saw him.

There is a lot more I could say about Mulder. After he came out of the coma he thought he was dead and had gone to some unfortunate afterlife where he had to live with humans. The third day when I opened the back door he was well enough to walk to the door and see and smell the real world and was overjoyed. We took him on walks outside for several days. As he got better we had to slowly chase him around a pine tree to catch him and bring him back inside. His balance was still bad and he wouldn't have survived outside in the wild. A few days later he wouldn't let us pick him up anymore, but we still fed him outside for one more day then he refused food from us.

lwowl