PDA

View Full Version : French Texts

Kiorionis
01-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Bonjour!

I am slowly learning French and thought it would be fun/beneficial to translate some alchemical books into english to help me pursue my goal. Wondering if any of you have good suggestions.

I'm hoping to find books in the french which are fairly easy to read (style-wise), regardless of how deep their philosophical perspective (I'm thinking an english equivalent would be Spagyrics or The Alchemist's Handbook--something of an introductory text). I want to start learning the terms generally before digging deeper.
and if possible I don't want an english translation to exist, but this might be too specific.

also curious if these text fit the above description

Alchimie : Une introduction au symbolisme et Ó la psychologie by Marie-louise von Franz
Alchimie : L'Art royale by J÷rg V÷llnagel

Basically, not sure about the literature over seas. .

much thanks and peace and love
-bm

Awani
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
PM Salazius or Green Lion. They are french and might have good suggestions. If they don't reply here that is.

:cool:

Salazius
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Bonjour,

The Golden Chain is a good start IMO.

The Fulcanelli are maybe too hard ... lot of puns.

Von Franz can be interesting, but it's not real Alchemy. The other one I don't know.

Maybe you can find the Philosophers of nature in french. And you can begin with this. This is an introduction and covering the basics.

A bient˘t, bonne lecture !
Salazius

Green Lion
01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
A good and short one:
"L'alchimie, antique science de demain" by Lo´c Trehedel.

Kiorionis
01-22-2013, 07:19 PM
much thanks to the three of you!

Hellin Hermetist
01-22-2013, 08:04 PM
Here you go my friend:

http://books.google.gr/books?id=BZ9DgW0PovQC&pg=PA138&lpg=PA138&dq=experiences+tres+curieuses+hermetique&source=bl&ots=4pyddBefKl&sig=rTM3C5LGuHaRuNR57GNonSJGC8c&hl=el&sa=X&ei=W_D-UIL_LZDKsgb6-4F4&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=experiences%20tres%20curieuses%20hermetique&f=false
Look also for Geber's Summa