PDA

View Full Version : Correspondences & Combinations

Ilos
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Thees are the texts taken from few books.
Anyone who's familiar or not feel free to comment about them.

http://imageshack.us/a/img203/1274/planetsrulingelements.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img841/4885/planetaryhourschart.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img571/5572/planetsweekdays.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img822/909/kombinimetteelliksirit.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img42/7458/correspondencebetween.jpg
Thank you.

Krisztian
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
Thees are the texts taken from few books. Anyone who's familiar or not feel free to comment about them.

Ilos, these modern days, I haven't seen a book on alchemy (i.e., Dubuis', Bartlett's, Stavish's, etc.) that doesn't have such data inside of it's pages.

I also use, almost religiously, Llewellyn's Moon Sign Book. I'm interested in the movement of the moon, 'waxing and waning'. John Reid III posted on his website an article that might be of your pleasure. Take a look: https://www.spagyria.com/moon_plant/mpindex.php

Ilos
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
Yes thats true Krisztian, I took the pics from those books.
Thanks for the website, I appreciate it. : )

Krisztian
02-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Astrological movements and positions are something to seriously study.

Hormones and their relationship to movements of Planets, our moon for example, seems influential on subtle levels especially when consciousness knows what to do with this subtle energy. Women, or I should say, Old Religions are all feminine-based for I believe they knew this clearly because of the various positioning of the moon on their hormones. They based their rituals and initiations around such celestial events.

Christianity, if one looks at the rituals of the Vatican, is essentially a reenactment of the divine feminine.

So my point is, one needs to know to some degree astrology in order to initiate in a spiritual sense.

Salazius
02-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Indeed, and what a curious thing to know that the Magnum Opus takes 9 months (sometime a little more) in order to be accomplished the first time ! Some say 5 for the second turn of the wheel.
But 9 months is related to the moon's cycles, and the subtle spirit called by the anciens, "argent vive" (silver quick and not quick silver), is regulated IMO by two things : the fire of the athanor, and the influence of the moon.

Krisztian
02-22-2013, 08:21 PM
But 9 months is related to the moon's cycles, and the subtle spirit called by the anciens, "argent vive" (silver quick and not quick silver), is regulated IMO by two things : the fire of the athanor, and the influence of the moon.

Jakob Lorber, I believe, a 19th century Christian mystic, wrote some rather eye-opening comments about the role of the moon in our solar system in Earth & Moon. He refers to the Moon as a "collector of [some kind of] magnetic power" substance that Earth emits, and eventually reflects back to our Earth. Lunar eclipses [maximum potential of this substance] never looked the same thereafter I've read that, as the saying goes.

There's also a strong astral element to all this dynamic, and the Moon being some sort of end place, repository, for souls, something like a gate, the way out from this quarantined Earth, like the neck of a well-sealed flask.

My favourite is the Chinese legend of Houyi and Chang'e. When the master says, 'Follow the white rabbit, there you'll find immortality', one suspects that the role of the Moon, it's influence, is connected to immortality.

zoas23
02-23-2013, 07:41 AM
Thees are the texts taken from few books.
Anyone who's familiar or not feel free to comment about them.
http://imageshack.us/a/img841/4885/planetaryhourschart.jpg

The different systems of planetary hours are quite useful if you use them often; though it is also true that all of them are very much based in conventions and not exactly in facts.
(i.e, I have the opinion, or feeling, that Astrology is more "touchable" than the planetary hours... and that if you want to do something that you relate to a planet, it is actually more clever to do such thing during any time in which the planet has a good position in the sky/zodiac... than in the "right" planetary hour, which is mostly a convention ---of course, some people may say that Astrology is a convention too... and I would disagree... then again, it is also possible to say that everything except the pure nothingness is a "convention"... and that's half right and half wrong).

Having said such thing, the systems of planetary hours get more interesting if you make the days begin with the sunrise and finish with the sunset... instead of using the idea that a day randomly begins at midnight and finishes at midnight too.
Also, I do prefer other systems in which each day begins at the sunset with its own planet (i.e, first hours of Sunday = sun... first hour of Monday = moon... and so on ---this other system uses days with 24 planetary hours, not just 7).

Though, as I've said, I think the planetary hours, without caring which system you use, are more psychological than empirical... and that simple Astrology based on positions in the sky is more useful.
(i.e, if you have a retrograde Mercury in Pisces... the Mercury hour of the Wednesday, without caring which system of planetary hours you are using, won't really be such an amazing time for doing something related to the planet mercury).

Ilos, these modern days, I haven't seen a book on alchemy (i.e., Dubuis', Bartlett's, Stavish's, etc.) that doesn't have such data inside of it's pages.

Stavish... first time I hear his name.
Which book by him I am missing? Any title to recommend me? (sorry, the question is a bit off topic, but I get enthusiast when I hear about someone I didn't know at all).

Krisztian
02-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Stavish... first time I hear his name. Which book by him I am missing?

Mark Stavish. Path of Alchemy, that's the book title I was referring to.

He's involved in running Institute of Hermetic Studies over in Pennsylvania; also association with St.Martin Fund.

Salazius
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Here is a little addition to the role of the Moon, given by the Olympic Spirit of the Moon Him/Her self.

http://www.myoccultcircle.com/arbatel_phul/

Phul said: “I am a rider. I am riding the lights of the stars. I am binding the lights of the planets and direct them like a group of wild horses. I am the gate through which they enter and I am the gate through which you ascend. Anything that passes through me transforms, I am a collector and I am shapeshifter. I am a concave mirror unifying everything reflected. I am the keeper of the treasure house of pictures, collecting the pictures of humans and stars. I rule all waters and fluids in the human body and the effusion of the spleen. My influence is solvent. My light is making you receptive to life. I am the water in the chalice of your body in which the might of the planets is united, through which all creation is present within you. I am the state of passive absorption, of calm conception, of acceptance without resistance, there is no good or bad no wrong or right in light of my mirror. You can approach me in the light of the moon. Take off your clothes and take a baths in my light. I am not talking in symbols, my resistance are your clothes. Ride on my light and ascend to me. Stride through the gate that I am and advance into the space beyond me. My name is Aka as a man and Lakal as a woman. Come and enter.”

Thanks for Lorber reference.

zoas23
02-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Mark Stavish. Path of Alchemy, that's the book title I was referring to.

He's involved in running Institute of Hermetic Studies over in Pennsylvania; also association with St.Martin Fund.

Oh! Thank you! :)

Krisztian
02-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Oh! Thank you! :)

Friend, don't expect too much within those pages however. 'Read one, then you know the rest' is my humble opinion with these modern books. Nevertheless, Stavish does seem to deeply understand "other factors" when engaging in this Royal Art.

zoas23
02-24-2013, 08:58 PM
Friend, don't expect too much within those pages however. 'Read one, then you know the rest' is my humble opinion with these modern books. Nevertheless, Stavish does seem to deeply understand "other factors" when engaging in this Royal Art.

I've been learning that lesson...
I've been mostly following Dubuis lessons and receiving help from friends and also people of this forum.
I have already learnt that there's a huge difference between the description of how to do something and the way in which that "something" actually happens.
(i.e, I followed Dubuis' explanation of how to make a Wine Spirit and his description of what should happen had a lot of problems... and I had to move to a combo of Albertus and a guide for making cognac from wine at home and help from friends).

I've learnt that doing anything takes, just like the Edison phrase, 1% inspiration (and good sources, help, books) and 99% perspiration.

I am sorry that I somehow moved a bit far from the subject of the thread.

Krisztian
02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
I've learnt that doing anything takes, just like the Edison phrase, 1% inspiration (and good sources, help, books) and 99% perspiration.

Well, the wisdom you speak of shows someone who's willing to evolve in the face of challenges. That's admirable.

Dubuis is great. I do know that he was able to transmute base metal to the level of silver. Which is no small feat.