PDA

View Full Version : lame saturn

solomon levi
02-25-2013, 08:29 AM
i've been seeing the correspondence between lame saturn and 'that which is', the present eternal moment, the first matter. i realised it reading something by Rumi where he talks about cutting off his feet to meet his beloved. to me this is occulted enlightenment that fills all space... it's not somewhere else or something else ... not some other set of conditions... there is no where to go, no need for feet. saturn is heavy and earthy, the present conditioning, whatever it may be. visit the interior of the earth/Adam...

solomon levi
02-26-2013, 11:05 PM
“Wherever you are is the entry point.” - Kabir

Ilos
02-27-2013, 06:51 PM
What about the influences of the outer point?

solomon levi
02-27-2013, 08:44 PM
What is the outer point?

Kiorionis
02-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I'm guessing the outer points are that which lead you to contemplate the entry point.

Of his own nature Saturn speaks thus: The other six have cast me out as their examiner. They have thrust me forth from them and from a spiritual place [. . .] Whatever is received into me becomes conformed thereto, and by means of us is converted into one body.

but this is the first time I've come across the term 'lame saturn'. would you mind explaining this?
I know I could look it up, but I prefer alchemical interpretations :p

Ilos
02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Like you are trying to reach to a point that you know in your inner point or the interior point (in this case the perspective of your life)
and you try to reach to the point of accomplishing your desire of wanting and needing (wile on the way)
you are disturbed of by the outer points (the ones that aren't yours the ones that aren't in your interior point)
Than your will, desire, and need, are influenced by other desire and needs (you are seeking enlightment here but somewhere that's there is happening something else that's influencing you).
!?!?!?

solomon levi
02-27-2013, 11:56 PM
but this is the first time I've come across the term 'lame saturn'. would you mind explaining this?
I know I could look it up, but I prefer alchemical interpretations :p
i don't really know mythologically. i've just seen pictures often. practically it probably has to do with fixation like nailing the serpent to the oak. i think saturn is the slowest orbit of the classical 7, thus 'lame'. when i get to a real computer i'll post pics. :)

solomon levi
02-28-2013, 12:24 AM
i'm still not sure what that has to do with the entry point quote. relative to that, there are no outer points. outer points would obscure the entry point like the1st attention does the 2nd (if you're familiar w/ CC.)
but if i understand Ilos, you have to choose. i chose myself over others and their influence. i say 'chose' but it was really survival. i just couldn't live for others after i had seen... it would be spiritual death. that was years ago in the stage of defining myself before i saw what ego/identity was. after seeing, i undefined myself and everything. but i don't think the defining stage can be skipped... it must come first. this happens as ''i'd rather be alone and be true than be in company and be false.'' imo one must have that conviction before losing the ego and being present/entry point.
did that answer or did i misunderstand?

Andro
02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
'Lame Saturn'

Astrologically, Saturn rules the skeleton and physical infirmities (among other things). Hence 'lame' (from THIS perspective).

However, Saturn (whether because or despite its seeming 'defects'), is more stubborn and has/gives more staying power than all other planets.

All Saturn asks for is a solid foundation. Saturn is also an Architect, but building 'Castles in the Air' is not its thing. It would rather demolish such 'Air Castles'.

Saturn can be our greatest ally, IF we first work on our foundations and don't attempt to fly before we learn to crawl. Otherwise, it will destroy everything we've tried to build.

No coincidence it's often associated with 'Our Matter'... The foundation/platform/cornerstone...

Ilos
02-28-2013, 12:28 PM
Hey Sol,
Ok sorry to elaborate on your post, I might have not understood you clearly, as it seems I interpreted your concept of entry point a bit difrently
tho I still tried to fasten on your thought.

solomon levi
03-16-2013, 11:17 PM
http://seeker401.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/saturn.jpg?w=497

http://www.golden-dawn.com/goldendawn/UserFiles/EN/image/gallary/speculum/2-Speculum%20veritatis.jpg