PDA

View Full Version : God's Will

glenerson
02-28-2013, 04:02 PM
So I was reading about Sikhism and I stumbled on this line

"Sikhs believe that before creation, all that existed was God and God's hukam (will or order).[13]"

Which kinda jives with my current belief that before Creation, God only exist and his will brought about his creation/everything. And everything will be destroyed after his will his done and only God will exist.

Could be His Will coeternal with God? is his will independent of God itself? For if this is so, then the Monad won't be the Monad. I'm thinking that His Will is within God. But it will entail that God will be of 2 natures - his will and his nature (eternal and has the ability to create and destroy).

This is incompatible with a Monad, singular God. An eternal will is incompatible for there will be 2 eternals.

Good thing is that Monotheistic religions such as Christianity and yes Sikhism says that the will of God will be done. So it is of temporary existence.

So it is safe to say that before God created everything, he created His will first.

God the eternal, who has the ability to create and destroy, created His Will, then Created everything, does his Will then it is destroyed, when its finished, along side with Everything and God will be one again.

His will could be represented as the space between Zero and One.

So it is not in conflict after all. So I reckon that what the Sikhs believe in is compatible with what i believe too.

I previously believed that His Will and God are One. That God's will may be God itself. For it is not his nature that is important but what he will do, for it represents a parcel of his mind and the reason why his Creations are created. God's will may be God's mind itself. But reading that God's will is meant to be done, it means that it is temporary. God is eternal and His will is not. So yeah, again, God's will is God's creation along side with other creation.

And knowing his will is the aim of many to know the plan of God for his Creation. This blueprint is part of the nature/mind of God and from people of power to those who just want to have a personal relationship with him wanna know if they jive with the will of God.

Reasons such that if you know the will of God, you know why everything was created. You will know what was created before you were created. You will know God's thought process. You will know the mind of God. You will know if you're of Truth and of God.

And people have devised ways to capture the will of God.

1.) Prayers

Ordinary people tries to know the will of God through prayers. Ask God and if you receive, you've talked to God. You knew of his mind. You kinda predicted what will happen if you asked for a future event

2.) Predictions of the Oracles/Prophecies of the Prophets

Successfully predicting the future entails that you know what God put ahead of time. You actually knew of the mind of God.

3.) Controlling World Events

People of power (Freemasons, Secret Societies, Jews) overt or covert try to control world events to make it look like to people that they have the mind of God, that God is in their side, destiny is seized and God's will is captured.

Predicting the future or directing what goes on entails that that either way, it is a representation of the will of God because what happens to the world are the dictations of his will.

God's will is the Why, the Reason and the events that happen tells the details behind the Why. and if you know God's will, you will know what went through God's mind prior the Creation of everything. Knowing God's Will is like knowing the reason why is the Gold made yellowish.

solomon levi
03-26-2013, 09:24 AM
for me it is simpler. the moment there is more than one we're talking about god's parts/divisions and not god the whole. or in your terms, the moment we leave 0 we are in 1. god's will is in the realm of 1, if god is 0. it's god creating an ego for "himself". we are god's image.

Salazius
03-26-2013, 09:58 AM
If God is a nothing, then a nothing cannot have a will. Because a will is something.

solomon levi
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
or, another version, will is motion, primum mobile, and with motion the balance of the gunas is upset, or prakriti manifests in buddhi.

there is confusion in trying to draw a line between what is god and what is not. when i don't feel like being confused, i simply remove that line, like a grown ass man. :D

glenerson
03-30-2013, 03:39 AM
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

First, be happy. Second, pray. Third, accept all circumstances wholeheartedly.

Come what may for the will of the Lord is meant to be done. Just be happy and pray.

solomon levi
03-31-2013, 02:41 AM
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (NRSVCE)

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

First, be happy. Second, pray. Third, accept all circumstances wholeheartedly.

Come what may for the will of the Lord is meant to be done. Just be happy and pray.

I like it better before your translation/reinterpretation. Why remove "always", "without ceasing"?
These indicate coordinates. To be happy and pray without these coordinates is a different message, no longer the will of God in Christ Jesus.

Andro
03-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Quoth Salazius:

This is God's Will :

Amen.

And, from the same 'other' thread, addressed to Moshe (ex-member, banned for preaching an agenda, personal attacks and intolerance for other perspectives but his own):

One man's sense is another man's nonsense.

The Salazius 'quote' above, which I have endorsed, supports neither (sense OR nonsense). And yes, we DO have similar perspectives on many issues.

What you call "god'' 's will - I see as a blank page on which people write/project their believed 'truth', and then often call their beliefs 'universal' (like you did earlier on this thread) and insinuate that other perspectives are 'nonsense' (like you are doing now with the 'Theoricus' quote).

Are you implying that I am 'gullible' and am being sold 'nonsense'?

Do you believe it is possible for a human being to know God's Will?

Now, this question is already projecting biases. It's like polls/statistics - you can arrive at different results by the way you formulate (manipulate) the questions.

The way this question is formulated already contains an 'a priori' assumption that there is a such a 'thing' as 'god'. Not only that, but this assumed 'god' also has a 'will'.

So now, I am adding a new question for everyone:

Who are you without a 'truth' to cling to?

And also a Philosophical Game to play:

TRUTH or DARE ?

Maybe this 'truth' is the last (and/or strongest) link in the chain that keeps us in bondage?

Do we DARE free ourselves from the very concept of 'truth'? Or do we continue the endless debates on who's 'truth' is 'truer'?

'Truth' is often like a power game. It's politics. It's religion. It's the need to believe and identify with one's beliefs.

It's an opportunity to tell others they're 'wrong'. It's the ultimate fear to let go.

It's what gets 'Totalitarian Salvationists' through the night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a lighter note: If 'god' DOES have a 'will', he left me NOTHING in his 'will'.

Cheap bastard.

:cool:

It's just a perspective. No absolutes here on my end. Please take it as such, and with a grain (or two) of salt (and pepper) as well :)

On a side note, I think people often tend to take themselves and their 'missions' WAY too seriously...

And as a more general remark (not specific to this thread, but I had to post it somewhere):

I enjoy reading different views/perspectives. I really do.

But I don't enjoy when they're being shoved down my throat, with methods ranging from subtle NLP and logical fallacies to (very transparent) self-righteous sermons and all sorts of 'holier than thou' moral justifications/rationalizations.

I just wanted to say this somewhere, since I tend not to participate in discussions of this sort for quite some time now... So this here is a rare exception :)

solomon levi
03-31-2013, 10:59 AM
I like it better before your translation/reinterpretation. Why remove "always", "without ceasing"?
These indicate coordinates. To be happy and pray without these coordinates is a different message, no longer the will of God in Christ Jesus.

The words "always" and "without ceasing" tell us that "God's will" is always and unceasingly happening, which means "what is" is "God's will".
Only "what is" is always and unceasing and still capable of being manifest, unmanifest or a combination or whatever, finite or infinite, etc...
The context is the message IMO - not being happy or praying. Being miserable always, without ceasing is the same experience as being happy
always and unceasing... because if it is always and unceasing, it is impossible to compare to anything else as better or worse. Definition is gone.

Awani
03-31-2013, 12:25 PM
If I don't believe in God than that is God's Will.

glenerson
03-31-2013, 01:39 PM
The words "always" and "without ceasing" tell us that "God's will" is always and unceasingly happening, which means "what is" is "God's will".
Only "what is" is always and unceasing and still capable of being manifest, unmanifest or a combination or whatever, finite or infinite, etc...
The context is the message IMO - not being happy or praying. Being miserable always, without ceasing is the same experience as being happy
always and unceasing... because if it is always and unceasing, it is impossible to compare to anything else as better or worse. Definition is gone.

it's assumed that when you say be happy and pray, do it always and without ceasing until you die. for the third duty is to accept the consequences, that is even your own death.

Paul meant was to be happy and pray until everything ends.

Seth-Ra
03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Paul meant was to be happy and pray until everything ends.

And re-begins. ;)

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs35/f/2008/306/c/b/Alchemical_Ouroboros_by_2D_Demon.jpg

(which is continuously happening all the time, giving the appearance of not happening.)

~Seth-Ra