PDA

View Full Version : What's New?

Illen A. Cluf
03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Whenever someone asks a question to something I have posted, or makes a helpful comment, or provides some helpful advice, I make it a general rule to always try to respond, even if it's a simple "Thank-you". To me, it's a basic, common courtesy, but a value that seems to be rapidly disappearing, especially with the youth of today, who seem to feel that they are entitled to an answer without any sense of gratitude, even if that answer had taken many hours of preparation. It's very sad to see the rapid disappearance of "grace", especially over the last few decades.

In the past, I felt very bad when I happened to discover later that I had inadvertently "missed" such an opportunity. The problem is that recent responses to many sub-threads immediately disappear from the main page whenever someone responds to another sub-thread in the main category.

That's why I was so happy to eventually find that the "What's New?" tab on the Forum was an essential tool to alert me to responses in those other sub-threads. That way I could avoid the impression that I was deliberately being ungrateful or unresponsive.

I hope others will make use of this important tool, because it will help eliminate some of these missed responses and wrong impressions.

solomon levi
03-16-2013, 08:46 PM
thanks Illen. i've never used it 'til now. strolling along like the fool, not knowing what magical tools i carried in my knapsack. :)

Awani
03-17-2013, 01:52 PM
You can also subscribe to threads that you want to keep an eye on. Also always click on Whats New as soon as you enter forum because it only shows whats new since last log in.

:cool: