PDA

View Full Version : Alchemy and Meditations

Zoe
03-18-2013, 04:48 PM
As I said on my introduction, my spiritual path is first of all meditation and hinduism. I started meditating at 17, and 4 years ago I met an Indian Guru that in his ashram near Mumbay has the biggest Mercury Shivalingam of India. In this way I became interested in alchemy.
This Guru always speaks about alchemy in his teachings as the meditation is alchemy in all the ways.

I was explained in fact that the same processes that happen in the Athanor, they happen in your body too when you are meditating, and that meditation is essential even in practical alchemy because you have to became your Art in order to complete a Real Stone.

Even if I had my experiences with meditation, I would like to ask if some of you had some benefits in practical alchemy with the use of meditation and how :)

solomon levi
03-18-2013, 06:12 PM
hi zoe. :)
the same processes that occur in the flask occur in our bodies and minds. for ex, one can digest/ruminate/contemplate an idea... one can distill knowledge, or distill sexual energy, or distill alcohol. alchemy becomes more successful when we engage it on multiple levels, when we see it everywhere, in nature, in psychology, in medicine, in dreams and breathing....
my first cheap distillation setup was still very powerful, listening and watching, it was meditation... beautiful. the scent of lavender... the balance of temperatures... all reflected in me, within. i do alchemy and alchemy does me.

Kiorionis
03-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Hey Zoe!

I do taoist meditation along with my practice of alchemy; realize the energetic body in its perfection, condense into a golden pearl and circulate this energy through the body's the microcosmic orbit. There was a point where this is all I could do, I couldn't figure out how to move the pearl outside my body. After a while my practice in the lab took me to sublimate some salt, and it was after this that I had my first astral projection (a sublimation of the physical/material consciousness into the astral consciousness).

the experience didn't last long, but then again I was only able to sublimate a small amount of my salts :p

solomon levi
03-18-2013, 07:31 PM
:) kiorionis

Krisztian
03-18-2013, 07:50 PM
I was explained in fact that the same processes that happen in the Athanor, they happen in your body too when you are meditating, and that meditation is essential even in practical alchemy because you have to became your Art in order to complete a Real Stone.

That's a priceless insight.

. . . . I would like to ask if some of you had some benefits in practical alchemy with the use of meditation and how :)

I don't believe one can progress in the laboratory unless one meditates and prays [in whatever form that might be]. The recipes are incomplete [in a sense], the glue that binds it together for me is meditation, listening to and "receiving" the Other Side.

Coming from the Eastern Traditions, one seems to be 'ahead of the game', eh?

Kiorionis
03-20-2013, 10:21 PM
:) kiorionis

how vague and appreciated solomon :)

Seth-Ra
03-20-2013, 10:39 PM
This is a fantastic topic. :)

Meditation, especially in the lab, is a beautiful and powerful thing. Early on i discovered that the best recipe, is the one the Spirit (within yourself, and the matter at hand - the All/One(s)) tell you - but you only hear them/it, when listening. :)

The material operations and materials themselves, set the conditions/matrixes for the volatile energy and Spirit - so the physical operations move the parts around to prepare the Temple/Vessel. The meditation/spiritual exercises do the same for the higher-levels, so that Above and Below harmonize and sync up together - thus the Art transcends spirituality by bringing it down to Earth, and it transcends physicality by raising the earth/matter/chalice(vessel) to Heaven.

It all just so beautiful. :)

~Seth-Ra