PDA

View Full Version : Out of hermetic paranoia

Lunsola
03-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm Lunsola from southwestern Virginia. I've been practicing alchemy since 2011. I have been a little paranoid about joining forums or socializing about alchemy since I started studying it. Unfortunately that didn't protect me for very long and I'll be posting a thread about it in spirituality soon so keep an eye out.

As for my experiences I have did a decent amount of spagyric work but only found it useful for getting a better understanding of alchemy itself. Although I recently did get something to appear from one of my plant works that doesn't look like salt, sulfur, or mercury as described in Robert Bartlett's Real Alchemy book. I'll try to post a thread with pictures in a few days. For alchemy knowledge itself I know a few things but I'm not sure how close I am to being able to form a stone.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask :)

solomon levi
03-18-2013, 07:33 PM
greetings! i look forward to your experiences. :)

Awani
03-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Welcome.

:cool:

Seth-Ra
03-18-2013, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the Open Light. :) lol

~Seth-Ra

Andro
03-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi Lunsola!

My only time in Virginia was when I took the Gateway Voyage (http://www.monroeinstitute.org/programs/gateway-voyage) at The Monroe Institute (near Charlotttesville). Found it very useful...

Bartlett's book is good as a general beginner's overview, but doesn't really go into the depths of hardcore Practical Alchemy. Nice read, though...

You can find some cool reading suggestions & recommendations in the Alchemical Texts (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/forumdisplay.php?15-Alchemical-Texts) section of Alchemy Forums.

Would you mind sharing the reasons for your 'Hermetic Paranoia', especially with regard to joining forums/socializing?

You will most likely not find a recipe for the Philosopher's Stone here, but it's a great place to gather resources, receive inspiration and above all (IMO) make new friends with interests and practices similar to (or complementing) yours.

What I'm basically trying to say is WELCOME :)

Lunsola
03-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Well I guess the reason for my paranoia would be just the old saying "you can never be too safe". Plus the nature of what we all originally intend to accomplish with this work is highly coveted. I suppose our biggest safeguard is that the majority of people don't believe in alchemy. Plus I've read alchemy texts where authors had problems feeling safe carrying around this kind of knowledge.

Krisztian
03-18-2013, 08:30 PM
For alchemy knowledge itself I know a few things but I'm not sure how close I am to being able to form a stone.

I've followed the work of John H. Reid III and his approach to making the Minor Opus, based on rosemary.

Good to have other lab researchers on this Forum. Welcome!

solomon levi
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
someone once said absolute vulnerability is the greatest security. actually i just made that up... well, i didn't create it, just plucked it from some arbor obscurum praecipitatus. ooh.
well, try to let your paranoia match your reality. no sense worrying about a future. worry/paranoia make you see what you're worried about whether it is objectively present or not (subjectively projected). :)

zoas23
03-18-2013, 11:36 PM
someone once said absolute vulnerability is the greatest security.

Just like in Poe's purloined letter tale...
Sometimes the best way to hide something to put it in front of everyone.

Also, hello Lunsola... :)

Seth-Ra
03-19-2013, 02:49 AM
To quote Will Smith's character from an upcoming movie (seen the trailer recently) called "After Earth",

"Fear is not real. It's a product of thoughts you create. Now do not misunderstand me, danger is very real. But fear is a choice.

:cool:

~Seth-Ra