PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Lifestyle: An Open Discussion

Lunsola
03-23-2013, 07:06 AM
What IS a 'Healthy Lifestyle'? All related concepts, experiences and perspectives are welcome... Bring it on!

(Mod Note: This is a spin-off thread/discussion, split and continued from HERE (http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showthread.php?2071-Spiritus-Mundi&p=28665#post28665))

Lunsola, the best way to observe nature is by contrasting an insane area and insane life style with the purest ones.

Depends on what one considers to be insane and what actually constitutes pureness. I've noticed a lot of people who say they observe nature actually do not. They merely think about it in their minds and consider it while going over it in their memories (or other people's studies) to be 'observing'. Few people correctly observe nature or learn anything worthwhile at all.

Many people having the healthiest of lives are not in tune with nature at all.

Then perhaps they are not living the healthiest of lifestyles. Most people very serious about living healthy do so because they at least partially understand why it's healthy. This being why people interested in health know so much about diet drinks, hfcs, msg, or anything else unnatural or man made. The general rule would be "the more processed the food the unhealthier it is". Granted there are exceptions to this. Also one does not have to live a healthy lifestyle to succeed in alchemy but it couldn't hurt.

To live the "healthiest of lives" one must truly be in tune with nature. If one were truly in tune with nature one would know what constitutes healthy and what does not. There are reasons why the healthiest diets get results. Serious lab alchemy isn't the only subject that gets dismissed or ignored by the majority. Being able to do the research on what's really healthy isn't that hard. Being able to stick to it is a bit harder but not impossible. Many people are too addicted to their big macs to care either way.

Salazius
03-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Do we speak about being connected to Nature, having health, or having a Healthy Life Style here ?

Connexion to Nature :
To your essential nature : Spiritual Realization. True Nature.
Seeing nature like an open book : Hermetical Vision. Hermetical Vision always direct your mental to the unity of Life contained in the apparent duality.

Health :
Not loosing radical humidity. "Good" health karma. Ingestion of good sulfurs.

Healthy Life Style :
That promote health. And health of the planet.

I tried to make it short. Just few ideas...

Kiorionis
03-23-2013, 01:51 PM
If the thread is about a healthy connection with nature then how about the microcosm within?
For me a big part of health is knowing your own constitution. Knowing what foods your able to digest properly, and how to prepare your food so that it's not bland and stimulates your digestion.
Undigested food can sit in the stomach and ferment, causing problems. Incompletely digested food results in toxins in the body--the body doesn't know what to do with them and they ruin proper function. Eating sugar ruins everything.

This is mostly for physical health, but as below, so above ;)

Krisztian
03-23-2013, 05:56 PM
When I reflect upon "healthy lifestyle" four elements, aspects, come to my awareness: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. If one of these aspects is neglected, then the constitution of the body is weakened. Eventually, one way or another, disease develops and the soul of the body gets dislodged from this reality.

solomon levi
03-23-2013, 07:17 PM
2cents... health comes, etymologically, from whole. whole is all, not part. so it doesn't satisfy me to say, this is healthy, this is not. surely that sounds impractical, but so is every system of health relative... living to 120 years doesn't equal health to me... relative. what is successful measure of health? to live forever preserved at 23 years old? relative again.
do what thou will. :)

Lunsola
03-23-2013, 09:16 PM
My original post was intended in all of those areas but this split post I guess should focus more on health itself.

Half of being healthy is taking in the right stuff, the other half is not doing unhealthy stuff. Eat right, exercise, and avoid toxins.